New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2020 7:02 AM

Jan 2015
Unironically Fate/Zero I guess

Don’t even know I got through it
Apr 6, 2020 7:24 AM

Sep 2018
The original Hellsing hands down, that was the one time i almost fell asleep so it wins by default.
Apr 6, 2020 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
amarcioz said:

Natsume Yuujinchou and Mushishi are on my list of best animes I've ever seen. I consider Mushishi a work of art.

Surprise, not everybody shares your taste.
This thread is titled "name the most boring anime you've ever watched" and I did, why don't you ??
Apr 6, 2020 8:12 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Literally, a lot of you don't watch underrated series to know what's boring is. It might be boring but not to other. Probably the genre.

Try watching Watamote. The most boring anime imo where every ep is about how miserable the MC is.
Apr 6, 2020 8:13 AM

Sep 2018
It's a close call between Texhnolyze and Katanagatari. One has so little dialogue the MC's main form of communication is grunting, the other has far too much dialogue most of which seems like filler stretched to fit the run time.
Apr 6, 2020 8:17 AM
Sep 2018
It might not be the MOST boring I’ve watched but personally Goblin Slayer was just so hard to get invested with, they sort of tried making the Goblin Slayer dude ‘mysterious oo ah’ but tbh he just had no character. Other characters felt basic as well. Dropped it pretty quickly after 3rd ep so idk if it got better
Apr 6, 2020 8:21 AM
Sep 2018
Runway de Waratte
22/7
After School Dice Club
Gal & Dino
Gleipnir (frustratingly boring)
Pet
In/Spectre
Dorohedoro
Hentatsu (2020)
Oda Shinamon Nobunaga
BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense.
Uchitama?! Have you seen my Tama?
Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story
Natsume Yuujinchou
Mushishi
Kinos journey

Were the ones I found boring
Apr 6, 2020 8:23 AM
Mar 2019
It has to be in another world with my smartphone and Pokemon Black and White
Apr 6, 2020 8:32 AM

Sep 2014
That shitty ecchi harem show that starts with Monogatari and ends with Series.
Apr 6, 2020 8:35 AM

Mar 2018
Mo Dao Zu Shi, like wtf is even happening.
Apr 6, 2020 12:31 PM

Jan 2019
Eve no Jikan. Really interesting concept, and I binged the mini-series in a sitting, but definitely a standout boring anime.
"Whether you're sad, you're hurt, or empty, you have to keep playing."

Apr 6, 2020 12:34 PM

Aug 2016
Most boring I managed to complete: Zettai Shounen
Most boring dropped: Aria
Apr 6, 2020 4:04 PM

May 2019
One Piece, and i didn't even watched it, but legend says it gets good once you hit episode 900 rofl

Apr 6, 2020 4:08 PM
May 2019
Every iyashikei anime ever they make for a great cure of insomnia although I do feel relaxed once I wake up finish watching them lol.
Apr 6, 2020 4:12 PM

Jan 2014
Dance in the vampire bund was probably the most dull anime i have watched that has action and supernatural as genres.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Apr 6, 2020 4:14 PM

Apr 2020
Honestly? many of the colloquially deemed "amazing" series. My Hero Academia probably at the top. Violet Evergarden - just a show about an extremely boring, uninteresting girl who is surrounded by far more interesting people. The artwork is good but visual stimuli will not keep me engaged for longer than 5 minutes. She doesnt evolve from her experience etc.

I cant really think back to all the anime Ive ever watched but recent ones would be Fairy Gone, Rising of Shield Hero, Boruto in general, Sorcerer no Orphen, and remarkably AOT . Maybe its just my brain expecting some marvelously refreshing show so I get bored by a lot but yeah AOT ever since season 3 has been a pain to watch.
Apr 6, 2020 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
Gundam - any
AoT... only made it to episode 3
Apr 6, 2020 4:18 PM
May 2018
Overlord, It's so boring, mainly because of the pacing.
Apr 6, 2020 4:21 PM

Oct 2009
"Hamelin no Violin Hiki" is a recently completed show and man, did this Anime drag. I always want to check a 90's Anime and this one was made in 1996. Those are one of the Anime series that had me thinking "Are old Anime REALLY better than the new ones?"

It was too gloomy and the still-"Animation" didn't really help. That was their budget cut attempt to this series but boy, that made things worse. Just imagine every couple of minutes through Dragon Ball Z fights, the scenes go to oil painted sill frames with "Pyo! Pyo!" in the background. It did halt my Anime watching for awhile and thank God, it is over.
Apr 6, 2020 4:23 PM

May 2019
Aybid said:

Albedo is a great waifu material tho.

Apr 6, 2020 4:27 PM

Aug 2018
Fooly Cooly

Didn't make any sense at all to me.. i can't enjoy something unless i at least somewhat understand what's going on. Felt like shit is happening just because without any reason behind them. Was bored to death watching this garabge
Apr 6, 2020 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
Personally, I would have to go with Goblin Slayer.

Nothing really stands out to me from that show. It's just an average fantasy show. The characters are pretty stale for me to actually care about it. And don't get me started on the first episode.

All I can say is that at least it's not another bland isekai.
Apr 6, 2020 4:42 PM
May 2017
Lucky Star. I think I'm just not into slice of life though. The art style was nice.
Apr 6, 2020 4:48 PM

Dec 2017
Fairy Tail, though I dropped it after 30 episodes or so
also, the 4th season of BnHA was boring to death
Apr 6, 2020 4:54 PM

Dec 2015
I thought Violet Evergarden and Hyouka were incredibly boring.
Kyoani seem to do that a lot of that...or at least they used to (sad face)
Apr 6, 2020 4:57 PM

Feb 2019
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
Maybe I just wasn't in the mood because I wanted to enjoy it.

I liked the characters but it was a bit boring for me at the time.

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Apr 6, 2020 5:01 PM

Apr 2018
NamikazeHime said:
Hyouka. Mystery tag on that anime is an insult to every other mystery anime.
totally agrees with you there. I'm still trying to finish watching it :(
Apr 6, 2020 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
Toradora, but I was never a slice of life romance kind of person anyway
Apr 6, 2020 5:43 PM
May 2018
RazorWireSodomy said:
Aybid said:

Albedo is a great waifu material tho.

word too bad I don't give a damn about her lmfao
Apr 6, 2020 8:04 PM

Nov 2015
Air. I wanted to like it as much as Clannad but it was super boring. I had the same experience with Kanon (but I'm currently rewatching it)

Angel beats. I always put it on hold after the first two episodes, I just couldn't get into it.
Same with the world god only knows and Bakemonogatari. The stories of these anime just never appealed to me but I really wanted to know what the fuss about them was about. I forced myself to watch them (even though I never got to finish TWGOK)

Tate no yuusha became interesting when they introduce other villains that actually had a purpose. Hell, that jazz song is fire and Filo is adorable I love her.

Some movies: kimi wo suizou wa tabetai wasn't memorable.
Umi ga kikoeru is a piece of trash.
Even though I ultimately like the art and the story of it, I didn't enjoy the ride. Akira didn't feel like an action movie to me but with multiples videos, I know why it's loved and I appreciate it.
Apr 6, 2020 8:09 PM

Sep 2018
Probably Cossette no Shouzou, only three episodes as well....
Apr 6, 2020 8:12 PM

Dec 2012
Aria: The Animation comes to mind here for me.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Apr 6, 2020 8:47 PM

Oct 2019
Lil_hentai said:
Daily "What anime do you hate ?" thread just so i can tell everyone what shows i hate CHECK✓

What are you saying....... there a difference between a show you hate and a boring show. Need explanation?
-_-
Apr 6, 2020 8:47 PM

Oct 2019
Lil_hentai said:
Daily "What anime do you hate ?" thread just so i can tell everyone what shows i hate CHECK✓

What are you saying....... there a difference between a show you hate and a boring show. Need explanation?
-_-
Apr 6, 2020 8:54 PM

Jul 2014
Not the most but 3 gatsu makes me go zzzzzz. Not sure if I can finish it.
Apr 6, 2020 8:58 PM
Jul 2017
Neon Genesis Evangelion was so damn boring I had to legit force myself to finish it. Everything was boring about that anime
Apr 6, 2020 9:00 PM

Mar 2013
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge

So many people praised this and I didn't hate it buuuut...I could barely get through the first episode without falling asleep. It made me so sleepy lol
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Apr 6, 2020 9:00 PM

Oct 2019
Hrybami said:

Elaborate on how it’s bad.... I only watched bakemonogatri though
-_-
Apr 6, 2020 9:02 PM

Oct 2019
Murau said:
Not the most but 3 gatsu makes me go zzzzzz. Not sure if I can finish it.

That’s one of my favorites :(
Explain?
-_-
Apr 6, 2020 9:07 PM
Dec 2014
Re: Creators was so boring that took me almost a month to finish it.
Apr 6, 2020 9:50 PM
Apr 2020
Black Butler... sorry, I know it is very popular and I really tried... but I just could not get into it, I droped it after 4 or 5 episodes, I think.
Apr 6, 2020 10:15 PM

Apr 2019
'Another' was the one for me.The entire series was some deaths and a bunch of random stuff happening here and there.The mystery was totally boring and predictable and the characters were so bad that to call them 1 dimensional would be an insult to 1 dimensional characters.
Apr 6, 2020 10:39 PM

Dec 2016
All the Aria series for me. It's almost like the staff deliberately wanted to produce the most boring and slowest series ever.
Apr 6, 2020 10:41 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I have too many. I gave chance to some of them. And there are some that I dropped because it's really making me sleepy. I'm talking about Mahoutsukai no Yome, 3-gatsu no Lion, Shakugan no Shana, Spice and Wolf, Little Busters...man, too many to mention.
misterreicchiApr 6, 2020 10:45 PM
Apr 6, 2020 10:44 PM
Feb 2015
I feel like Zankyou no Terror is up there, would rather have wasted my time on another 1 cour harem
Apr 6, 2020 10:59 PM

Dec 2018
NamikazeHime said:
Hyouka. Mystery tag on that anime is an insult to every other mystery anime.

Took the words out of my mouth. Hyouka is a snooze fest.

Runner ups for me are;

Haruhi, especially the endless eight and the movie.

Violet Evergarden

Mayo Chiki!

ryuichimonji_ said:
For me it would be saenai heroine no sodatekada. It was just dry and the only good thing about it was the senpai who writes novels and stuff.

Megumi best girl.

WatchTillTandava said:
Season 2 of Spice and Wolf.

Felt like too much of a rehash of the first even in terms of dialogue, introduced irrelevant side characters for 2-3 episode mini arcs which you had no reason to care about yet took up the whole season, and then to top it all off the season ending on a cliffhanger with nothing meaningful resolved or advanced for the season or the entire series to this day.

I mean, I would argue the second season had the same appeal as the first, and I definitely don't think the ending was unmeaningful or unresolved.

And then there's the source material which actually did have an ending, which is pretty much exactly what you would guess from the end of season 2.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Apr 6, 2020 11:21 PM

Jun 2019
Hokage_Jason said:
I mean, I would argue the second season had the same appeal as the first

That's why I enjoyed watching it the first time around in the form of the first season, but not nearly as much the second time around (hence rehash).

Hokage_Jason said:
and I definitely don't think the ending was unmeaningful or unresolved.

It depends what you want to see from the story. I wanted to see much more of their journey and relationship advanced rather than wasting time on all the mini arcs and side characters. I don't consider those things really resolving much because I wanted and was hoping to see the story play out on a longer and grander scale.

Hokage_Jason said:
And then there's the source material which actually did have an ending, which is pretty much exactly what you would guess from the end of season 2.

I never take source material into account however, as I don't read the manga, light novels, VNs, etc. except in rare and exceptional circumstances. I don't read fiction generally. I just watch the anime TV series or film or OVA and evaluate it on its merits as a standalone product and nothing outside of that. I never compare what is or isn't in the anime versus source material as to me it's immaterial and the anime is just the anime.
Apr 6, 2020 11:28 PM
Mar 2018
Death Parade, it got repetitive really quick, only good thing about it was the skating scene
Apr 6, 2020 11:38 PM
Apr 2020
For me it was Welcome to the N.H.K i have no o dea why is ranked so high it was boring and the MC was pathetic. I mean the whole plot was because of that fact but still tragically pathetic nonetheless
Apr 6, 2020 11:43 PM
Feb 2017
ryuichimonji_ said:
Hrybami said:

Elaborate on how it’s bad.... I only watched bakemonogatri though

I’d suspect he is not a fan of the dialogue. If not that, then an underdeveloped brain that needs action at least every 2 episodes. Although I don’t think that’s the case.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are the most iconic anime scenes

Gashadokur0 - May 29

19 by mpazarrr »»
12 minutes ago

» What is an "ironic weeaboo"?

IdeDial - Yesterday

30 by ColourWheel »»
27 minutes ago

» A tone shift in anime that you didn't see coming

SmashBlack - Feb 19, 2021

31 by FanofAction »»
28 minutes ago

» What does your waifu expect of you?

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

23 by Orenjion »»
30 minutes ago

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day?

RedTea33 - May 30

42 by zoeanime13 »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.