Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 28, 2020 8:02 PM

Jul 2017
Beastars: Comedy, lighthearted and eccentric edition

I'll be direct, it was such a fun show to watch! I smiled all the way through the entire series, so yeah, it was definitely worth my time! Not gonna lie, it had many weird stuff going on sometimes due to each animal's own nature xD but it all works for the sake of the comedy aspect, wich made the anime even richer itself.

7/10, wouldn't mind a second season, the ending left everything open
Mar 28, 2020 10:56 PM
Oct 2018
It was a simple, fun show to watch. But 5 years from now I’m not gonna remember anything about it. 6/10
Mar 29, 2020 12:49 AM

Apr 2012
Hitomi is the one who ended up having a harem. Ann and Yena aren't the only members.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 29, 2020 12:11 PM

Mar 2012
One of the funniest anime I've seen in a while 9/10
Mar 29, 2020 4:28 PM
Sep 2007
Large mammoth turns out to be a loli, lol. She's quite strong compared to her size.

Pale skin, red hair... Jin, you're describing ginger caucasians. Well, there is a theory that modern white people possess about 2% of neanderthal DNA, so...

Conflict solved by the power of friendship.

That Ranka's bishounen vision near the end, lol.

And now we have another enemy - insects. Time for second season :) .
Mar 30, 2020 3:51 AM
Jul 2018
Animals with intelligence on par with humans huh? How amazing a society would be!
Mar 31, 2020 3:26 AM

May 2019
I liked this anime a surprising amount. The characters and humour were funny, and the narrative arcs were pretty diverse and interesting.

7/10

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 1, 2020 6:25 AM
Apr 2019
Weird ending...

But i hope Jin x Hitomi is canon in the future..

Cause i dont see Jin end up with Ranka.. plz dont for the humanity sake.

7/10
Apr 1, 2020 10:41 PM

Jan 2019
While I can certainly say I enjoyed the season as a whole, in the last few episodes it kinda flew off the rails...

The show ceased relying on it's greatest strength- the relationships between the various species (with Jin as the straight man), and instead focused on a conflict I was in no way invested in because all these extinct characters came out of no where- and an even more disappointing use of fan service as a crutch.

I didn't care about Team X reconciling with humans because I didn't care about them in the first plan. An and Man's friendship meant nothing to me because we never saw any dynamic between them other than a boss/servant relationship.

All in all the series was a good time, presented some fun ideas, and had a genuinely creative and witty style about it.

7/10
Apr 1, 2020 11:43 PM

Mar 2019
Funny anime, easy 6/10
Apr 3, 2020 2:50 PM

Jul 2014
Who is the voice actor for mammoth loli?
Apr 4, 2020 10:12 AM
Nov 2018
Great fanservice! Hitomi has great assets

I do hope Jin get Hitomi in the future.

Overall, the anime was fun 7/10
Apr 10, 2020 6:24 AM

Apr 2011
Well that was fun. The anime has its ups and down. At times its funny and at times its not.

Thought what really me on the final episode is Hitomi. Damn she's hot in that outfit. A walking fanservice. lol
Apr 13, 2020 5:10 AM

Nov 2012
Gets boring after a while. Not amused.
Apr 13, 2020 6:17 AM

Sep 2019
Honestly, Hitomi surely is the worst girl. So much fuss over oppai and the lack of ability to use the best G U N human tech branch.
At least Ranka, Mei-mei, King-kun (best boy), and most the side-characters make up for it.

As for the rest of the series. It was interesting at the start, but it was so-so overtime. Some episodes were just eh, while others were good. Jin is just a damn male tsundere, which I don't see in too many of my anime, but still, him being so dang mean all the time just gets tiring. (At least he's learning)

Just fuck the wolf 6/10
Side-note: Honestly, the most underrated character is Zebra-girl.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Apr 15, 2020 7:13 PM

Feb 2014
The fighting scene bothered me. Seeing Ranka all beaten up didnt go well for me here....

In general, I enjoyed this anime, though.

If the MC was likeable I would have enjoyed more.

Noy_Telinu said:
Jin is so unlikable that a Hitome Yena An 3some would be welcomed by even non yuri fans since they get along so much better than Jin does with anyone.

Hell Jin doesn't even deserve Ranka but she is the only one who even likes him.

Agree 110%
Apr 15, 2020 9:14 PM
Mar 2018
People giving a 5 to this anime can only be diehard trolls cannot give a score smaller than 8.
Apr 15, 2020 9:53 PM

Jan 2013
And as always (i know i've said it in the last 3 or 4 episodes) the best scenes are the ones featuring the real MC, the Lion.
It was good at some moments, and even made me laugh, but some moments were really hard to watch...
I kinda can say that i am glad it ended.
6/7-10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 19, 2020 2:11 AM
Dec 2019
Lanz said:
Some of the characters had good comedy gimmicks but there just wasn't much well written comedy outside of it+the MC is dull, so this just piled character after character onto an increasingly boring core cast that turned into deadweight after a while. Resulted in a string of mediocre episodes after a mildly funny first episode. 3-4/10

the mc is not dull like hitomi. She has no personality outside of existing soely for yuribait.
I love how everyone here acts like jin is the anti-christ just because he never simps and bends backwards for the girls just because they're cute.
Apr 19, 2020 3:26 AM

Apr 2015
Sekirodiealotoft said:
Lanz said:
Some of the characters had good comedy gimmicks but there just wasn't much well written comedy outside of it+the MC is dull, so this just piled character after character onto an increasingly boring core cast that turned into deadweight after a while. Resulted in a string of mediocre episodes after a mildly funny first episode. 3-4/10

the mc is not dull like hitomi. She has no personality outside of existing soely for yuribait.
I love how everyone here acts like jin is the anti-christ just because he never simps and bends backwards for the girls just because they're cute.

He is dull(like Hitomi) precisely because he has nothing in his personality outside the 'never simp and bending' for all of the characters and clumsily liking Hitomi. Difference with Hitomi is that at least she's fairly pleasant to watch and this guy is grating from the outset.

An anti-christ would be much more fun to watch. He is simply uninteresting.
Apr 19, 2020 4:13 AM
Dec 2019
Lanz said:
Sekirodiealotoft said:

He is dull(like Hitomi) precisely because he has nothing in his personality outside the 'never simp and bending' for all of the characters and clumsily liking Hitomi. Difference with Hitomi is that at least she's fairly pleasant to watch and this guy is grating from the outset.

Quite the opposite. He's awesome from the outset and interesting. It'll be dull if he acted like a typical harem protagonist. Hitomi's fucking boring. Hitomi just has nothing going for her outside of being "the token nice girl" he's anything but dull. Jin is the highlight.

What he sees in hitomi is what I'll never get. He's the most fleshed out mc I've seen in this genre. Had he been a girl, everyone would be singing a different tune
Apr 19, 2020 5:30 AM

Apr 2015
Sekirodiealotoft said:
Lanz said:

Quite the opposite. He's awesome from the outset and interesting. It'll be dull if he acted like a typical harem protagonist. Hitomi's fucking boring. Hitomi just has nothing going for her outside of being "the token nice girl" he's anything but dull. Jin is the highlight.

What he sees in hitomi is what I'll never get. He's the most fleshed out mc I've seen in this genre. Had he been a girl, everyone would be singing a different tune

Good for you if you like him but claiming he's fleshed out is reaching hard.
Apr 19, 2020 10:56 AM
Dec 2019
Lanz said:
Sekirodiealotoft said:

Good for you if you like him but claiming he's fleshed out is reaching hard.
it's just my opinion, not a fact. Tbh i can't stand his sense of entitlement to hitomi because he doesn't get that she doesn't like him that way.
SekirodiealotoftJan 22, 2022 9:24 AM
May 3, 2020 11:54 AM

Nov 2019
Didn't expect the loli fight xD
Good anime overall, a solid 6/10.
May 6, 2020 9:13 PM

Dec 2018
some really great parts, some really cute, some just kind of annoying or dumb. it was alright, seemed to be really quick-paced. look forward to another season, but at the same time not great. i can't really put my finger on what's off about it though just yet. i do enjoy the quasi-educational aspect of it.
May 18, 2020 7:03 PM
Jan 2017
And the final ep comes with a hang to a new season, i hope come someday
Jun 29, 2020 11:26 AM

Jul 2015
12 episodes but we never saw the true apex Plankton nor did we see the killer goose, sad....at least we got the battle of the loli's

Pretty entertaining to watch Jin and his dumb animals doing school activities. This series was a lot more fun to watch than I initially thought especially the animal facts that were incorporated in the jokes (even if they weren't completely true).

Jul 11, 2020 11:19 AM

Feb 2012
Had a hard time watching this at first but it ended up being okayish.
some parts were fun, alot more were boring.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jul 21, 2020 3:29 AM

Jul 2011
loved this series 9/10 for me
Sep 14, 2020 7:53 AM
Mar 2012
3 rounds of epic loli boxing match. Ranka too precious to be hurt like that but she stayed strong as the boss. And best tsundere Jin really brought the group together (and that Ranka wholesome headpat), even tho Hitomi took the harem.
Miyubi starting the rally was a nice callback to her earlier swimming match getting encouragement from the crowd, nice sacrifice lol.
How the author threads animal factoids into the comedy, power levels, new personalities & plot, goes beyond even average drama, just amazing what this does for a cooking club show. Plus Gokumi really showed their passion in this project with those cartoony faces, gj.

Oct 8, 2020 3:20 AM

Oct 2015
This show was really funny! I laughed so much with it. And the random facts about the animals were quite interesting. I wish they do a second season after the cliffhanger at the end.

Jin imagination is really wild when it involves Hitomi! In this episode he was totally satisfied with her outfit.
Jan 28, 2021 7:48 PM
Mar 2018
I wouldn’t have sex with you even if you were the last guy on earth super cuck anime adaption. Jin is such a cuck that Hitomi would rather fuck a hermaphrodite hyaena and a Neanderthal than the last human on earth and she’s not even gay. I loved the anime but Jin got cucked so hard. Looks like he’s going to have to fuck a dog. Talk about depressing. This should go on one of those top anime betrayals/saddest anime endings list along with yui yahaloosing on origaru. Big oof. Feels bad man. Lol
Raptorjesus1Jan 28, 2021 8:21 PM
Feb 11, 2021 5:47 PM

Mar 2016
I don't think they went far enough with some of the crude animal humor (even though they referenced shit eating quite often), but I also never thought I would be attracted to a naked mole rat...so in the end it's a decent combo of wildness and cuteness. Definitely reminded me of a certain cartoon that I was probably too old to be watching when it aired.

It did kinda drag whenever they tried to have a character moment. Probably because even though there was a pretty big cast it was hard to tell the difference between the side characters and the main crew of the cooking club. The cat and panda had this whole big thing, but in the end they probably only had just as much screen time as the lion dude and his impala gf. It makes the whole thing seem unfocused. But the jokes could be pretty funny when they landed. They also could have done a whole lot more with the whole 'extinct animal revenge' gag cause the boxing match was just not entertaining at all.
syncrogazerFeb 11, 2021 6:33 PM
Feb 15, 2021 3:37 AM

Apr 2020
Yup... It is the final eps. So much happening in Seton Academy. I know I will enjoy this just looking the preview. I had no regret watching this. I learned so much about animal than in my biology class in high school. And now I'm gonna talk about this eps.

I knew the boss is mammoth based on the shadow in the last eps, but it's not what I thought. It is another loli boss beside Ranka. I barely know that elephants don't want to their legs. Really interesting info here.

And they decided to have a match in boxing. Seton Academy vs Darwin Academy. Lol they even used Darwin here. The boxing match is completely absurd for me. And I really laughed when the zebra became a referee. Not commenting on the fanservice. Miyubi in ponytail is the one I need it now. The mammoth is to strong for Ranka. But she wins it anticlimax. Seton Academy and Darwin Academy here having a peace right now. It's nice seeing this scene.

And for the last scene, it's something gonna happen in the future. King just lost to a bugs. Didn't like bugs at all but I might watch.

Yeah still have an OVA to finish this series and as well continue it on the manga.
May 7, 2021 4:29 AM

Aug 2018
Thanks for the last episode and the ring girl fan service xD
-Me and Jin (probably)
May 10, 2021 1:16 AM

May 2020
last episode. A boxing match between two loli bosses. Ranka won the battle and brought peace to both academies. I don't like the fan-service in this episode. It's so out of nowhere.
However,i do appreciate the zebra in referee outfit (人 •͈ᴗ•͈)

Well,it was a fun anime. I don't mind for more episodes.
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Aug 21, 2021 12:48 PM

Jan 2013
in dire need of s2 coz i want to see dem insectoids duke it out against humans.
Jan 20, 2022 2:36 PM

Dec 2020
Sekirodiealotoft said:

Sekirodiealotoft said:

Agreed Jin is one of the better mc. Breath of fresh air I'd say.
Feb 8, 2022 12:31 PM
Dec 2019
Cheer_Leader said:
Sekirodiealotoft said:

Agreed Jin is one of the better mc. Breath of fresh air I'd say.
and besides had he been super nice people would call him a beta or simp.
Aug 27, 2022 10:41 AM
Jan 2021
It was Ok, thats it.
Feb 12, 2023 1:57 PM

Sep 2012
according to my memory Neanderthals were a race of humans also Neanderthals were the main mammoth hunters cause they lived in colder areas where mammoths did, so this team up was pretty ironic    
Apr 24, 2023 2:48 AM

Apr 2013
So as I thought she's a neanderthal, well close enough to a human I guess.

That was definitely an enjoyable ride. Nothing outstanding, but cute and fun. And even a bit of fanservice by Hitomi, which was nicely done as well. 6/10
May 13, 2023 7:13 AM

Aug 2019
loli boxing.
this was better than i remembered but not sure if enough to bump my scoring to 8.
ranka is really cute and the show is occasionally very funny and of course there are the things i dont like (the koala and the panda). s2 cliff hanger ending so i hope that becomes a thing someday. its been 3 years since this ended so its either soon or just never

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2023 8:26 AM

Oct 2022
This show was fun, nothing groundbreaking or unique but it was very enjoyable and i'm happy with it, the animal facts (wich there were plenty i didn't know) help to it's charm and are even use as part of the conflicts, a good touch. Jin as tsundere mc and his relation with Ranka was nice but darklord Hitomi building her harem from the shadows was the best.
Jul 30, 2023 5:06 AM

Jan 2018
At first, I was like, "Hmm, not sure about this furry animal anime stuff.". I may have trash taste, but I am not a degenerate furry piece of shit.
But I ended up watching the whole thing, and let me tell you, it's comedy gold! I was rolling on the floor with laughter so many times.

I love the fanservice in this episode (Hitomi supremacy) and in other episodes. They sprinkled it in throughout the season (it's not that much; trust me, I've watched so many Ecchi anime before).
Plus, I learned some crazy animal trivia I had no clue about. I didn't know that female hyenas can have a chinchin too. Mind-blowing!

The main character, Jin, is a serious dude, kinda like A-kun from Aho Girl. He balances out all the wacky characters with his resolve and all. I don't get why some people hate on him. We need more "thot slayer" like him, seriously!

That cliffhanger at the end got me all hyped for a second season. I really hope they make it happen, 'cause it left me hanging with the whole insect invasion thing. But hey, if we get unlucky and season 2 never comes, guess I'll have to dive into the manga and find out how it ends.

No doubt, this show deserves a solid 8 out of 10, minimum. It's totally worth it, my friend.
Average anime enjoyer.
Nov 2, 2023 1:33 AM

Dec 2021
I guess this was a good end to a good enough anime. I liked it, which is significantly more than I could've expected for something with the ecchi tag. Also, I'm surprised they actually didn't go all out with AnJ references, y'know, besides the shading on still frames, and the whole eye thing.

I guess I'll watch the special whenever, but I came away liking this a good bit, so that's cool.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Dec 9, 2023 6:41 PM

Dec 2022
This started pretty promising and had some funny and enjoyable scenes throughout, but the lesbian love triangles and ridiculously written drama in the second half of the anime that practically ignored the setting was disappointing, with none of the charm of the usual antics of the cooking club. Concepts like an "extinct animals club" for animals who visibly aren't extinct kidnapping one of the school's students without any of the monstrously oversized dinosaur staff stepping in didn't seem right. May as well have just made a "criticially endangered club" instead, which would at least justify it existing.

I do have to give props to the unique main character though. While he is absolutely a combative personality, Jin is multidimensional and capable of utilising his knowledge of animals to solve situations, and knows when to extend some compassion towards those who aren't in the right mood.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2020

163 by Daviljoe193 »»
Oct 22, 2023 11:02 PM

» any hype for this?

Kougeru - Dec 19, 2019

17 by Kougeru »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:44 AM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2020

54 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 4:44 AM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2020

70 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 1:50 AM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2020

51 by toralbabs »»
May 23, 2023 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.