Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 23, 2020 8:11 PM

May 2013
sadly it ends here when's Season 2? I wanna see Insects fight and how large would insects be also I want to see insect girls
What chapter is this in the manga where do I start?
Mar 23, 2020 8:21 PM

Feb 2008
Well, it would be an average meh 6+ adaptation, do to all the changes they made, but all that forced drama crap in the last ep, just kill it all the remaining fun in it 😐.
Mar 23, 2020 8:39 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Short_Circut said:
kamil88 said:
Im very curious who voiced Woolly Mammoth?

Our loli friend was voiced by Kaneda Tomoko (https://myanimelist.net/people/272/Tomoko_Kaneda?q=tomoko%20kane)

Lol, guess that explains why i kept thinking “she sounds a lot like Chiyo-chan” 😄
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Mar 23, 2020 8:54 PM
Aug 2015
So is it over ? the episode leaves off with a big feeling of hey this is happening right now instead of a conclusion. I know some animes wanna leave with an opening in case of a second season but this feels like way more then just leaving an opening. Introducing a new ''threat'' the way they did feels more like setting up the next episode then an actual conclusion to the show.
<==================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================>
Mar 23, 2020 10:11 PM

Mar 2017
Jin is so unlikable that a Hitome Yena An 3some would be welcomed by even non yuri fans since they get along so much better than Jin does with anyone.

Hell Jin doesn't even deserve Ranka but she is the only one who even likes him.
Mar 23, 2020 10:16 PM
Aug 2017
This anime had a good run, insects next season! Im so happy this is getting another season
Mar 23, 2020 10:42 PM

Oct 2008
i vote for Fabre Gakuen, looks formidable!
5/5.
8/10.

Mar 23, 2020 10:57 PM
Dec 2019
Noy_Telinu said:
Jin is so unlikable that a Hitome Yena An 3some would be welcomed by even non yuri fans since they get along so much better than Jin does with anyone.

Unpopular opinion or not, i don't care Jin was the best. Finally a tsundere mc who doesn't give a fuck and does not sugarcoat every conflict he is in, and even tho i prefer him with Ranka i'm glad he is actively persuing a relationship with Hitomi.

I'm sure now people will give me many other examples of this kind of mc but for me Jin was kinda unique.

the amount of bitching people made, not realizng that jin is a male tsundere is hilarious to me.

katsu044 said:
honestly this show was a blast and the funniest for me all season granted it had it's fair share of issues keeping it from getting any higher than a 7 with a extremely hate-able MC which rarely goes from a unlikeable asshole to just a asshole thankfully all the other characters make up for his faults and handling of some of the characters in a more problematic way some of those issues wouldn't be so bad if the characters weren't half humans .

also did not expect the amount of fanservice this show was gonna bring,also Hitomi didn't deserve all she got for being so pure and kind thinking aback this show ended up doing a lot to her and me just thinking wait what the hell did they "just drug her?"or like the first episode where she got all her clothes torn off it was things like that when i was feeling this isn't fun.

7/10 learned some stuff had some laughs even if that ending was super random it's never gonna happen because this is more like one of those's one off shows shame really
the mc is actually lovable
SekirodiealotoftMar 23, 2020 11:22 PM
Mar 23, 2020 11:50 PM

Jul 2012
This was all so stupid, the overall conflict, the way the premise was executed (especially when it comes with the sexy dimorphism shenanigans which really brought the series down to me more than anything), the generic harem-like antiques, the somewhat bland one note characters (except the Lion bro, that dude is awesome and the best part of the show)...

Despite being kind of bland himself, the protagonist being an absolute selfish asshole that hates most of the cast because of their different species also got some laughs from me and ironically enough was one of the more enjoyable parts of the anime imo.

And yet it kinda was MY kind of bad anime, and while the comedy wasn't exactly all that great it got quite a few laughs out of me and had some decent enough trivia (somewhat admitedly inaccurate at times however).

Definitely a guilty pleasure ride, but it wasn't what I would even call a mediocre anime despite its pros (the cons are just too many in my book, especially when I have better shows on my list that made something similar and was superior even comedy-wise).

4/10
I'll go read the mango and see if it's any better.
DanpmssMar 24, 2020 1:50 PM
Mar 24, 2020 12:21 AM
Jun 2017
Fanservice 11/10
Mar 24, 2020 2:31 AM

Oct 2019
interesting ending.
i hope there is a second season so we could see some insect girls lol
Mar 24, 2020 4:01 AM

May 2018
noooo it ended! Best comedy of the season for sure
Mar 24, 2020 4:28 AM
Feb 2019
Yeah this has a good conclusion for the extinct species arc (Idk the name of the arc) and I'm surprised that they used another arc for this because there should be an arc in which Lanka helps some type of kangaroo to regain their pack or club (the boxing club) that's been stolen by a stronger kangaroo or something. The two kangaroo would fight each other for the club yeah it's a shitty arc so I'm kinda glad that they just used this for the last episode of season 1 (I'm Hoping for season 2). I still have flaws with this show it's an *OK* show I guess?? The endings felt rushed but it's still ok and the character writing weren't all that much good or funny because trust me Meimei is the funniest character in the manga and also Jin's character is a more sadistic and rude in the manga but he still have those kind personality yeah classic tsudere traits (he's being called jindere by his club memebers) while in the anime version he is a too kind I guess that's not a bad thing but it's much more entertaining for me but still an enjoyable show it might have a generic and limited animation but it's educational and funny show so yeah a solid show for me one of my favorites in this season. An Ok animation with Ok writing and an entertaining story 6/10
Mar 24, 2020 4:32 AM
Feb 2019
Illyricus said:
Loli mammoth wasn't a thing I ever expected to see in an anime, but here we have... The boxing match was cool and wholesome, and we even had some neat fanservice, so it is all good. That plot twist at the end though, it seems we are even going to get insect girls (wonder if the special episode will treat about it).

Very fun show, even if it wasn't 100% faithful to the manga, I hope they do a second season at some point so we can see best girl

Vampire Bat indeed I'm glad I'm not the only one who's craving for a girl that started the covid 19
Mar 24, 2020 6:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow, what a surprising way to end the show! Mammoth was a loli, and she strong. Her appearance make me silent in about 5 secs and then say: WTF? Glad at last round, Ranka punch and win. What a match, an unbalance boxing at power aspects. I was not expecting she won like that, but yeah its for plot sake. A bit rushing episode, i guess. Even an opening music has gone, sighed. I dont feel any memorable momment in the end. The fan-service with the girls were just too much, tho. The comedy can not bring a happiness, i may say it cringe and crispies. Sad way to end this season just like that. Even a teaser for the next threat not fit my mood into watching this show again. What a shame! Well, Seton Gakuen, sayonara, and hopefully the OVA or specials, will bring back some fun this anime had before.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 24, 2020 7:34 AM

Mar 2015
I really enjoyed this anime, one of the bestestest of the season.
Mar 24, 2020 8:22 AM
Dec 2019
I hope we get a season 2
Mar 24, 2020 10:48 AM

Jan 2017
Well that was one super fun ride with Seton Academy, with that ending I hope that we will get a S2 soon.

Also Ranka is pure love!

Well deserved 8/10.
Mar 24, 2020 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
#lolimammoth is trending in this forum topic haha
Mar 24, 2020 3:41 PM

Jun 2019
I really like the ending but im not sure if they would be season 2 since the end of anime is different from the manga
Mar 24, 2020 3:59 PM
Dec 2018
I think Jin is a great character and is kinder than his words suggest.

He also has some affection for Ranka, who is wonderful, even though he verbally abuses her.

So many great characters in this show and i agree with those who say it has been the best show of the season, a real bonus. Didn't expect it at all when i sat down to watch it.
Mar 25, 2020 3:35 AM
Feb 2019
This anime was good. It's funny and entertaining. For me, it's 8/10.

Mar 25, 2020 5:15 AM
Sep 2019
Damn insects, and glad things worked out for our race. Especially Hitomi-chan, she made a good friend and hopefully we get a backstory on her, but this doesn't really feel like the end, they are gonna have to make a season 2 after what they put at the end, also no ED. But Jin also did good cheering for Lanka, and he even saw some *great* stuff >:))
Mar 25, 2020 9:06 AM

Jul 2013
everywhere else this anime has an ecchi tag, why not on MAL hmm...?
Mar 26, 2020 1:27 AM

Aug 2011
I did not expect to enjoy this show, but I did.
Mar 26, 2020 3:02 AM

Apr 2015
Some of the characters had good comedy gimmicks but there just wasn't much well written comedy outside of it+the MC is dull, so this just piled character after character onto an increasingly boring core cast that turned into deadweight after a while. Resulted in a string of mediocre episodes after a mildly funny first episode. 3-4/10
Mar 26, 2020 4:41 PM

Dec 2016
ricksed said:
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
You know Mammoth Girl seem to be forgetting that Neanderthals also cause the extinction of her species.......

I was expecting this to be a plot point either to drive a wedge between them or some kind of backstab. Too bad but it's all good.

@Horn_dawg_2019
You are saying this When they "waisted" bigger opportunity! Ranka is Ezo Wolf who also is extinct animal, killed by humans!! And they didn't even mentioned this!

https://murenase-seton-gakuen.fandom.com/wiki/Ranka_Ookami
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokkaido_wolf#Extinction_on_Hokkaido_island
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 26, 2020 4:58 PM
Dec 2019
I don't think there will be a second season, but only an ova with the insects. But I would like a second season with the bat girl.
Mar 27, 2020 12:28 AM

Apr 2018
Bruh that cliffhanger tho. Didn't expect insects to exist here lol
Mar 28, 2020 7:43 AM
Jun 2019
This show was so dumb, but it was fairly consistently fun. I’ll watch a season 2 but I wouldn’t be upset if it didn’t happen (despite the teaser).
Mar 28, 2020 8:02 PM

Jul 2017
Beastars: Comedy, lighthearted and eccentric edition

I'll be direct, it was such a fun show to watch! I smiled all the way through the entire series, so yeah, it was definitely worth my time! Not gonna lie, it had many weird stuff going on sometimes due to each animal's own nature xD but it all works for the sake of the comedy aspect, wich made the anime even richer itself.

7/10, wouldn't mind a second season, the ending left everything open
Mar 28, 2020 10:56 PM
Oct 2018
It was a simple, fun show to watch. But 5 years from now I’m not gonna remember anything about it. 6/10
Mar 29, 2020 12:49 AM

Apr 2012
Hitomi is the one who ended up having a harem. Ann and Yena aren't the only members.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 29, 2020 12:11 PM

Mar 2012
One of the funniest anime I've seen in a while 9/10
Mar 29, 2020 4:28 PM
Sep 2007
Large mammoth turns out to be a loli, lol. She's quite strong compared to her size.

Pale skin, red hair... Jin, you're describing ginger caucasians. Well, there is a theory that modern white people possess about 2% of neanderthal DNA, so...

Conflict solved by the power of friendship.

That Ranka's bishounen vision near the end, lol.

And now we have another enemy - insects. Time for second season :) .
Mar 30, 2020 3:51 AM
Jul 2018
Animals with intelligence on par with humans huh? How amazing a society would be!
Mar 31, 2020 3:26 AM

May 2019
I liked this anime a surprising amount. The characters and humour were funny, and the narrative arcs were pretty diverse and interesting.

7/10

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 1, 2020 6:25 AM
Apr 2019
Weird ending...

But i hope Jin x Hitomi is canon in the future..

Cause i dont see Jin end up with Ranka.. plz dont for the humanity sake.

7/10
Apr 1, 2020 10:41 PM

Jan 2019
While I can certainly say I enjoyed the season as a whole, in the last few episodes it kinda flew off the rails...

The show ceased relying on it's greatest strength- the relationships between the various species (with Jin as the straight man), and instead focused on a conflict I was in no way invested in because all these extinct characters came out of no where- and an even more disappointing use of fan service as a crutch.

I didn't care about Team X reconciling with humans because I didn't care about them in the first plan. An and Man's friendship meant nothing to me because we never saw any dynamic between them other than a boss/servant relationship.

All in all the series was a good time, presented some fun ideas, and had a genuinely creative and witty style about it.

7/10
Apr 1, 2020 11:43 PM

Mar 2019
Funny anime, easy 6/10
Apr 3, 2020 2:50 PM

Jul 2014
Who is the voice actor for mammoth loli?
Apr 4, 2020 10:12 AM
Nov 2018
Great fanservice! Hitomi has great assets

I do hope Jin get Hitomi in the future.

Overall, the anime was fun 7/10
Apr 10, 2020 6:24 AM

Apr 2011
Well that was fun. The anime has its ups and down. At times its funny and at times its not.

Thought what really me on the final episode is Hitomi. Damn she's hot in that outfit. A walking fanservice. lol
Apr 13, 2020 5:10 AM

Nov 2012
Gets boring after a while. Not amused.
Apr 13, 2020 6:17 AM

Sep 2019
Honestly, Hitomi surely is the worst girl. So much fuss over oppai and the lack of ability to use the best G U N human tech branch.
At least Ranka, Mei-mei, King-kun (best boy), and most the side-characters make up for it.

As for the rest of the series. It was interesting at the start, but it was so-so overtime. Some episodes were just eh, while others were good. Jin is just a damn male tsundere, which I don't see in too many of my anime, but still, him being so dang mean all the time just gets tiring. (At least he's learning)

Just fuck the wolf 6/10
Side-note: Honestly, the most underrated character is Zebra-girl.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Apr 15, 2020 7:13 PM

Feb 2014
The fighting scene bothered me. Seeing Ranka all beaten up didnt go well for me here....

In general, I enjoyed this anime, though.

If the MC was likeable I would have enjoyed more.

Noy_Telinu said:

Agree 110%
Apr 15, 2020 9:14 PM
Mar 2018
People giving a 5 to this anime can only be diehard trolls cannot give a score smaller than 8.
Apr 15, 2020 9:53 PM

Jan 2013
And as always (i know i've said it in the last 3 or 4 episodes) the best scenes are the ones featuring the real MC, the Lion.
It was good at some moments, and even made me laugh, but some moments were really hard to watch...
I kinda can say that i am glad it ended.
6/7-10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 19, 2020 2:11 AM
Dec 2019
Lanz said:
Some of the characters had good comedy gimmicks but there just wasn't much well written comedy outside of it+the MC is dull, so this just piled character after character onto an increasingly boring core cast that turned into deadweight after a while. Resulted in a string of mediocre episodes after a mildly funny first episode. 3-4/10

the mc is not dull like hitomi. She has no personality outside of existing soely for yuribait.
I love how everyone here acts like jin is the anti-christ just because he never simps and bends backwards for the girls just because they're cute.
Apr 19, 2020 3:26 AM

Apr 2015
Sekirodiealotoft said:
Lanz said:

the mc is not dull like hitomi. She has no personality outside of existing soely for yuribait.
I love how everyone here acts like jin is the anti-christ just because he never simps and bends backwards for the girls just because they're cute.

He is dull(like Hitomi) precisely because he has nothing in his personality outside the 'never simp and bending' for all of the characters and clumsily liking Hitomi. Difference with Hitomi is that at least she's fairly pleasant to watch and this guy is grating from the outset.

An anti-christ would be much more fun to watch. He is simply uninteresting.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2020

55 by purplemoon_ »»
May 5, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2020

84 by purplemoon_ »»
May 1, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2020

163 by Daviljoe193 »»
Oct 22, 2023 11:02 PM

» any hype for this?

Kougeru - Dec 19, 2019

17 by Kougeru »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:44 AM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2020

70 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 1:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.