Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 21, 2020 6:30 AM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First six episodes were released on Netflix in Japan on March 21.

so in this world there are only beastmen and human, and there is supposed to be nothing in-between, yet just a year ago Michiru has turn from human into a beastmen. i think, it's also worth mentioning that apparently beastmen have some sort of abilities (?), like Michiru can extend and enlarge some of her body parts and Ogami can reach crazy speeds and the ability of seeing memories/past activities by smell (?)

some more info about the world beastmen live in; they take shape of a human form instead of their original one, in fact, being in their original form is seen as aggression and provocation, which is kinda interesting. there's also the law of nature, survival of the fittest. beastmen resolve conflicts with power, which is kinda odd since there are police forces in this society, yet something like this is a part of their society?

more social-political themes this episode, this time it's child-trafficking. there was also this one line "you don't know how hard it is for a woman to live among beastmen". don't know what that was about

Mar 22, 2020 12:51 AM

Jan 2014
I know any time someone stats something as a 'paradise' when it comes to anime, to never fully believe it lmao. But it'll make for interesting world building. I cannot wait to see more, and how our MC will adapt to all of this through out the series.

Seems like the 'paradise' has a load of bad eggs hidden within. Fun times.
Mar 22, 2020 3:51 AM

Jan 2015
Another fantastic episode. This series is impressing me a lot

Michiru is an amazing character, altho easily deceived by people. Thank god, she helped those children

Mar 22, 2020 4:50 AM
Feb 2019
This anime's damn good. Getting read for this anime to be come damn popular. Especially with all the potential memes
Mar 22, 2020 7:23 AM

Dec 2010
idk about the superpower bs but the themes are relatively the same as beastars in the later arcs of the series

If only the art was better this seems a bit water downed compare to their usual style
Mar 22, 2020 7:47 AM

Jul 2017
yeah gonna drop this one. Annoying main lead and feminism. Not even triggers rep can save this one.
Mar 22, 2020 8:20 AM

Oct 2019
This show gave me a good first impression I liked both of the episodes the characters seem pretty average but I guess they can change as the story opens up more.

I hope that trigger won't try to pull off another "mind-blowing" ending, Promare was a 10/10 movie until the third act started.
Mar 22, 2020 8:27 AM

Jan 2016
awesome. I got a crush on Oogami. Mihru is cute and badass. Good about the saved children.
Mar 22, 2020 1:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh so she's not a raccoon but a tanuki lol, anyway she has guts and she's cool, I wonder how she turned into a beast when she was a human before
Mar 22, 2020 6:04 PM

Jan 2020
Ginrou-sama is a thot slayer
Mar 22, 2020 6:08 PM

Jan 2020
Zerity said:
yeah gonna drop this one. Annoying main lead and feminism. Not even triggers rep can save this one.
I understand the annoying main lead part, but I don't understand the feminism, I mean we can clearly see Shirou beating up on the gang of beastwoman.
Mar 22, 2020 6:19 PM

Jul 2017
@Kaato69 mainly a joke based off of 21:29 in the ep but still kinda fr
Mar 22, 2020 6:30 PM

Jan 2020
Zerity said:
@Kaato69 mainly a joke based off of 21:29 in the ep but still kinda fr
oh I see it now, yeah the main lead is annoying as hell, nothing really special about her.
Mar 22, 2020 6:54 PM

Jan 2009
Michiru is really an evolve animal then she must be the Brand New Animal like the title says
Mar 23, 2020 10:34 AM

Jun 2013
that was funny lol i'm in love with this
Mar 23, 2020 3:02 PM

Oct 2018
Amazing episode, just like the first one. I'm loving this show so far, totally a 9/10 for me
-Aincrad-Mar 23, 2020 3:06 PM
Mar 23, 2020 3:04 PM

Oct 2018
Zerity said:

I don't find her annoying at all. She's very far from that IMO. I like her character so far
Mar 23, 2020 6:31 PM

Jul 2017
@-Aincrad- up to u if u like her or not just throwing my opinion out there.
Mar 23, 2020 7:01 PM
Mar 2020
The VA for Shirou Oogami is also the VA for Kuboyasu from Saiki K. His voice is so unique! He's the generic high school delinquent/furyo VA.
Mar 24, 2020 5:42 AM

Jul 2017
Episode 2, and Studio Trigger's momentum hasn't slowed down, which is a good thing.

With Shirou doubting Michiru's ability to turn human, even Animacity has beastkin reverting to their human forms during low tides. Even as her Beastman checkup proves her beastman form, the wallet to prove her humanly form unfortunately lies in the wallet that's pickpocketed by the Mr. Bean lookalike monkey beastkin.

Mary asking Michiru to enter Rabbit Town to find Gram Grandma is like sending her to hell even before she stepped one feet in. But in exchange to get her wallet back, teaching beastkids to read and write looks like an exercise of frustration, and needless to say thank God Michiru's had her job easy.

To add salt to the wound, Gram Grandma's involvement with the Yakuza made Michiru's resentment grow whilst the trade of beastkids is underway. The unexpected development of Michiru's skills may not be enough, but Shirou saving the day was more than enough, though Michiru's definitely not happy with how Shirou operates.

She might really be the Brand New Animal, the voice of the unlikely human of the new times of Animacity.
Mar 24, 2020 12:52 PM

Jan 2017
It was already good but now is getting even better!

Zerity said:

Ok I can understand that feminism part but it don't feel that forcer upon us. Nevertheless can you define your understating of "annoying"? Michiru as for now is a solid MC, and badass (not)hero wolf is very good in his role of night avenger.
Mar 24, 2020 1:02 PM

Jul 2017
@Dudi4PoLFr already responded to this just look up.
Mar 26, 2020 7:50 PM

Mar 2019
Amazing, Real, Deep and Sad...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Mar 27, 2020 12:40 AM
Mar 2020
I like how every time characters in this show say something about human racism, it immediately shows that animals are not only not better, but far worse. Wouldn't suprise me if the main villain would some preachy animal with a radical ideas.

Michiru get a little annoying this time around. Though her tendency to get easily decieved is kinda explained by her animal nature - tanuki like all dogs are quite easy to manipulate.
Mar 27, 2020 4:33 AM

Apr 2015
Pretty great episode once again!

Michiru is trying to seek answers of what is going on with her, by proving that she's human, she needed her wallet back! She had to go to a gang to find her wallet, only to find herself teaching children as a favor, before almost being sold off to Humans.

Michiru has some interesting abilities, her tail is already pretty impressive, but stretching those arms was a surprise XD I wonder what else she can do and actually happened to her!

ImmovableObject said:
I like how every time characters in this show say something about human racism, it immediately shows that animals are not only not better, but far worse.

Somali to Mori no Kamisama had the same thing about racism between Humans and Animals/Beasts, this will most likely cause some spicy discussions in the future episodes!
Mar 28, 2020 9:38 AM

Mar 2017
Looks like society within Anima City is tough!

When Shirou changed into his human form I was like 😍
Mar 28, 2020 11:05 PM
Feb 2018
Bom.. esse episódio foi interessante em algumas partes, chatas em outras, mas na maior parte eu achei só sem sentido.. eu só achei que ficou meio jogado do nd na sua cara os fatos e acontecimentos, como o fato da única lei que prevalece: "a lei do mais forte", levando isso em conta.. NÃO FAZ SENTIDO TER POLICIAIS NO BGLH, mas fodase nem importa tanto assim.

O tema desse ep foi a "venda de escravos"??? eu realmente não sei.. (SIM, EU SOU BURRO) só sei que não me interessei.. única coisa que me deixou intrigado foi o fato da protagonista ter se tornado uma homem-fera, sendo que isso não é possível nesse mundo.. espero que respondam isso rápido ( ou talvez só enrolem pro final).

A trilha sonora foi bem esquisita em algumas partes.. me deixou um pouco incomodado. A animação está perfeita como sempre e a luta no final ESPETACULAR.

No geral, não foi um ep ruim, só umas ressalvas aqui e ali.
Mar 31, 2020 12:42 AM

Feb 2020
Really liking it so far.
Apr 1, 2020 11:40 AM

Oct 2008
Trigger delivers another great episode!
Michiru getting worked-up because she cannot accept the morals of beastmen!
well it's acceptable at first and it might be on the ways she'll learn how to accept the reality of this kind of realm.
5/5.

Apr 1, 2020 12:55 PM
Mar 2019
Too much happening in one episode. Not really digging these characters.

I'll give it one more. Art style's very nice, though!

Apr 2, 2020 11:43 PM
Jan 2019
I don't know why but that Tanuki girl pisses me off sometimes
Apr 4, 2020 8:56 PM

Dec 2010
I like the world but the girl is so annoying.
Apr 6, 2020 11:23 AM

May 2011
Mabanua is KILLING the OST 🔥🔥🔥
Apr 6, 2020 9:20 PM

Sep 2018
Is it me or the music is too loud? (Granma and Michiru talking scene) Can't concentrate on their dialogue.

I like her skill, so she got experimented or she drink something?
Apr 7, 2020 3:11 PM

Oct 2012
Way better than the first episode, tbh! We got to know more of the world and I like the MC more (even though she kind of overreacts and scream at every little thing). But I guess she can since she's in a new city in a new body and stuff like that. Starting to seem really promising now
Apr 8, 2020 1:41 AM

Oct 2017
I love the wolf, he showed no mercy even to those women. Touma and Kazuma would be proud XD. Thou that tanuki bitch is getting on my nerves.
Apr 8, 2020 12:23 PM

Sep 2017
Interesting. So if you can just change into human form whenever what is even the point of this city? Is this rly WWII Germany and we going around door to door like for beastmen in hiding? Safe space where you have the freedom to transform whenever? Is the majority of the outside world is overtly racist towards beastmen that if anyone had the audacity to transform they would be chased down by bystanders with baseball bats and guns? Pretty absurd. I'll be impressed if this is addressed.

Also it seems our MC has eaten a few too many fruit from One Piece lol.
Apr 8, 2020 1:53 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Who's showing this? People keep on writing it's on NEtflix, but I cannot find it there either?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 8, 2020 2:21 PM
Mar 2020
Farabeuf said:
Who's showing this? People keep on writing it's on NEtflix, but I cannot find it there either?

It's Japanese Netflix to be exact, either use a VPN or watch it somewhere else.
Apr 8, 2020 2:47 PM

Jul 2016
Damn boy, Trigger are you doing it? This was fantastic so far, I kinda expected Michiru to just be saved by oogami but she was entertaining as fuck breaking out of that cage. TRIGGER SAVING ANIME!
Apr 9, 2020 6:52 AM
Jan 2020
I like the mc so far she is quite fast to catch on things, some people says that she's annoying cause the rant scene but idk i think it's a normal reaction for a situation where you are in danger and knowing someone who are capable of helping you just standing there as things went down until the last few moment,i know the wolf guy(forgot his name) have his own goal but that doesn't immediately change her emotion. and she is angry mostly because she is concerned about the children
Apr 9, 2020 1:22 PM

Jul 2016
For someone who despises humans that much, Shirou sure doesn't seem to dislike using his human form almost all day.

Good episode. We learned a few more things about the world as well as the implications of living in a place where "the law of the fittest" is the common standard. Kinda odd since living that way would be absolutely chaotic but let's hope that topic can be addressed later on.

And on a side note... Damn, the OST is so good. Loving it so far.
Apr 9, 2020 1:57 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Winterwatch said:
Farabeuf said:

It's Japanese Netflix to be exact, either use a VPN or watch it somewhere else.

Thanks for the info. So we won't get it on the international one until it ends I assume
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 10, 2020 8:12 PM
May 2016
Zerity said:

Yeah she's annoying imo too,but drop because of that,it's a very dumb thing
There's a thing called "Character Development"
Apr 10, 2020 8:23 PM

Jul 2017
@tsuna123 theres a thing called watching 6 eps and still being annoyed by her and me wanting to watch an actual good shows instead of this one so I shall drop it so i can watch the good show instead. thank you.
Apr 11, 2020 7:40 AM
Jan 2017
animation and ost too perfect 12/10 the best anime of 2020 spring
Apr 12, 2020 2:04 PM

Feb 2008
Isn't this show an original? Whats the point of making an original show and then making it 100% generic, beasts vs humans lets make racism a thing and then how about we also had slave trade! Yeah that has been done before like a million times, there is literally nothing interesting in these two opening episodes.

A naive and foolish main character that gets absolutely deceived by the mink, gets her money stolen, gets fooled into becoming a slave, first by the mink and then volunteers herself to the mafia woman. Seriously the mc is annoying and stupid at the same time, zero intellect going around saying she is human as well...

They choose to to have this grim world building of how horrible the reality is, slave trade with children, mafia fights, women being belittled, racism and terrorism. How about in this world the mc is a cute naive school girl, that would fit the theme were setting right? How about also no blood or real injury like a proper kids show? This show has 0 coherency, what is trying to say, were is it going who knows but its clear from the beginning the writers have no idea.
Apr 13, 2020 1:28 AM

Aug 2015
Michiru was much more endearing this episode.
She's just as naive as episode 1, but whereas I was annoyed she was defending literal terrorists last episode, her gullibility this time was due to sympathy for kids, and I find no fault with that.
whitherApr 13, 2020 1:35 AM
Apr 14, 2020 1:10 AM
Mar 2019
wooop so they can turn back to humans, i didnt see that coming, there hasnt been any clues or hints in the first episode, it doesnt even take them a second to transform.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Apr 14, 2020 11:27 AM

Sep 2018
Quite serious and thoughtful this episode, the question is spontaneous: for the protagonist, it was not convenient for him to go to what everyone described as a place where not to feel ostracized by those who were not like her. But gradually, the rule of the whole world is country, too. Excellent narrative that sees on the one hand the ingenuity of the protagonist clash with the dramatic reality of life. Excellent drawings and animations, catchy OST, I like the opening, the ending a little less. Also this time I liked the action.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » BNA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

uninstallthegame - May 5, 2020

214 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:59 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

69 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:58 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

60 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:57 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 9 Discussion

47 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:56 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 8 Discussion

46 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.