Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2020 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, the show decided to go with a clan style war for the series' finale. I'm underwhelmed. It's been wars all over the place since the show started so this episode didn't feel like anything new.

Also, some of guys Kaname faced off are pretty...creepy. Kaname and Shuka also gets their time together again since they're the main pair in the show. Too bad I didn't feel much for their character chemistry together. Not a good show overall, I wouldn't recommend this.
Mar 20, 2020 8:23 AM

Dec 2017
welp, ravens obliterate the eight clan and kaname gets the big boy boost in the most edgy manner. can't say i couldn't see that coming

overall a pretty mediocre show, just your run-of-the-mill death game
uninstallthegameMar 20, 2020 8:27 AM
Mar 20, 2020 8:24 AM

Aug 2017
What a disappointment turned out to be. I really don't expect something wonderful but it was really awful and it didn't even go out of your way to tell a good story. Too many absurd coincidences, plot armor and horrible characters. 2/10 for the anime.
NurguburuMar 21, 2020 2:18 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 20, 2020 8:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmmm I haven't read the manga but the adaptation seems to not be worth, even if it was kinda enjoyable
Mar 20, 2020 8:44 AM
Sep 2016
I can say for certain that this made me feel nothing. The characters were all boring as sin and the plot is so straightforward without any interesting twists or anything to make it exciting. I was just bored most of the time and it didn't help that the direction was flat, the editing was horrendous and so much of the writing felt like it was just taking up space. The music is flat and nothing special and the OP wasn't bad but it just doesn't capture excitement by the fifth time you listen to it.

I was surprised at how much I hated this anime. 2/10.
It really do be like that though.

Mar 20, 2020 8:48 AM
Mar 2020
We want to see more ! Season 2 for fun :D

Not perfect but enjoyable.
Mar 20, 2020 9:43 AM

Jul 2017
well for bootleg Mirai Nikki I'd say it wasn't entirely that bad. Didn't have its frustrating moments and the characters did start to grow on me ngl. I do lul at how guns seem to have infinite clips lol

do you guys not have phones/10
Short_CircutMar 20, 2020 9:59 AM
Mar 20, 2020 9:55 AM

Feb 2019
LETS GOOO Revenge SZN.

I’m so glad that POS Wang got his karma. All the people he’s terrorised and murdered and at the end he begs for his life. Him crying for the admins was hilarious “there’s a bug in your game” lmaooo. Shuka had him outsmarted at every turn.

Kaname is not messing around anymore, straight savage now. That look in his eyes, straight determination. Rebellion against the game makers coming next season??

Looks like it’s pretty popular on NicoNico and JP twitter so hopefully we get a s2 announcement soon. In the meantime, I’m definitely checking out the manga because this was straight gas 🔥 criminally slept on.
Mar 20, 2020 10:21 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Even in the real world the members of the 8th are still scum huh. Well taking out the trash is what Kaname and clan excel at. Kaname though sure went through their lackeys like a knife through butter though. Shuka's battle with Wang though sure was fun with her playful nature being the perfect counter to Wang's foul language. Amusing in how the venue in which Shuka lead Wang too was such an elaborate trap. Shuka though sure was in her element when she was cutting apart Wang. In the end the Sunset Ravens sure managed to score an impressive victory over the 8th vanquishing them entirely in the process and getting revenge for Kaname's poor friend. Unlike Wang and the 8th Though Kaname may have become one of the top players at least he won't become a maniac as he has his trusted friends. Overall a solid finale that managed to end the ravens fight with the eighth in a most satisfying manner while also laying the groundwork for a potential sequel. Looks like the ravens opted to become guardians of their own territory that prohibits D game.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2020 10:26 AM

Oct 2017
Well this is over and I don't think they are gonna make another season after how they handled this one. Thou I actually liked the anime's character design more than the manga's tbh.

The story was quite different from the manga so anybody who wants to start the manga start from chapter one or else it won't make sense. Also this is just the tip of the iceberg there's a lot more stuff coming next.
Mar 20, 2020 10:47 AM

Sep 2016
I don’t get why people don’t like it. Maybe I’ve just been desensitized to what people consider “shit” XD
Mar 20, 2020 10:53 AM
Mar 2015
A very satisfying ending with a hint of things to come After all only 30 some chapters were adapted
Mar 20, 2020 10:55 AM

Nov 2014
Badass way to end this. I have to admit I liked Kaname - despite playing role of "average guy" he wasn't lame and could do stuff himself, even if sometimes he was unreasonably strong. I guess it's the talent Xuelan talked about.

In the end it's pretty forgetable anime, nonetheless really fun to watch. I wouldn't mind 2nd season.
Mar 20, 2020 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
DiabolicNick said:
I don’t get why people don’t like it. Maybe I’ve just been desensitized to what people consider “shit” XD
Maybe having almost 10 as mean score doesn’t help you to distinguish bad shows from good ones
Mar 20, 2020 11:01 AM

Sep 2016
TheAmbassador said:
DiabolicNick said:
Maybe having almost 10 as mean score doesn’t help you to distinguish bad shows from good ones
I literally don’t score anything so that’s probs why. And half the time it’s from misclicking it or being too lazy when I hit it on my phone
Mar 20, 2020 11:02 AM

Sep 2016
TheAmbassador said:
DiabolicNick said:
if I scored every single thing I’ve watched then maybe my mean score would be more like 6/7 tbh
Mar 20, 2020 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
Shuka was just pure savage. That Wang guy got what he deserved.

I actually enjoyed this episode tbh though the rest of the season was so and so.

Mar 20, 2020 11:09 AM

Jun 2014
Well this ending didnt have anything that one wouldnt expect. After Kaname snapped following his friends death it was pretty obvious Wang and his clan would get destroyed. At least that was satisfying to see. Also it looks like the Sunset Ravens have now established quite the name and reputation among other D-Game players.

This was a fun show to watch if you turned off your brain and just sat back and enjoyed the mindless entertainment. Unfortunately there wasnt really anything special that stood out to me, whether it be related to animation, characters, music, or story elements. The ending was open enough to suggest a possible sequel, but it, and the whole show in general, felt more like a "go read the manga" type advertisement. Pretty meh, and probably a show I'll forget about in several months.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 20, 2020 11:10 AM
May 2016
So Shuka didn't use her vibrating wires when she fought Kaname (or way earlier before Wang killed chubbs) because? I didn't mind her beating Wang but pulling that power which she could have used on Kaname is either poor writing or she lost on purpose. Guess we'll never find out if it was on purpose since that's the end, so I guess it's option B poor writing.
Mar 20, 2020 11:31 AM

May 2018
Man, I don't a shit if a lotta U take this as shit, but to me this was wickedly awesome.
Mar 20, 2020 11:35 AM

May 2014
Welp, the show's over! Yes, the writing is generally mediocre and the characters aren't anything special, but you know what? It was a really fun watch in the end. Battle royales are just so entertaining in my eyes, and I thought that this ended up being a pretty good one.

If you're gonna watch, I recommend to just turn your brain off, sit back, and enjoy the ample portions of entertainment that this anime dishes out.
Mar 20, 2020 11:53 AM

Mar 2017
I have mixed feelings about this anime. The first 4 eps were incredible but from there it got very stagnant and then this banger of a finale happens!

I personally didn't find Kaname to be a very interesting protag, mainly because a large portion of his character development didn't happen on screen, depriving us of seeing his growth. Shuka on the other hand... what a bad bitch! The scene where she was messing with Wang was so great! She's such a lovable psycho haha

As far as plot goes, I think it was definitely the right decision to take Kaname in a more aggressive direction because this kind of story is only interesting if the protag is a slightly twisted, morally grey kind of character.

I actually do want a season 2 though because it feels like after establishing The Sunset Ravens as a more aggressive and stable clan, the anime has more to give!
Mar 20, 2020 11:57 AM

Jul 2019
The finale was ok. Wang got his punishment, the Sunset Ravens mark their territory and I am left with a weird feeeling. The premise of the show was great and the execution of it at times almost good but still I do not want so see more of it. Character building in this show was worse than mediocre at best and honestly, I think only the florist deserves some rememberance.
Mar 20, 2020 11:58 AM

Jan 2017
I thought Kaname would've had more of a fight with Wang rather than just delivering the final blow so that was a little disappointing. Otherwise, I had fun with Darwin's game. It wasn't amazing or anything but I never really felt bored while watching it. It would be nice if this gets a second season sometime in the future.

7/10
Mar 20, 2020 12:05 PM

Feb 2014
Well they wrapped it up for good until that end cliffhanger. I guess they want a possible Season 2, though they need to work on the pacing and the animations a bit.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 20, 2020 12:36 PM

Oct 2015
I don't know man. Wasn't enjoying this one much but the ending was alright.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Mar 20, 2020 12:38 PM

Mar 2018
I really like these kind of anime... Mirai Nikki, BTOOOM, Darwin's Game and go on.
It wasn't very special but since I really like the battle royale type of thing, this got me pumped to watch it whenever it aired on TV.
They did a good job on introducing the clan and now the story begins to hunt the Game Master... Go-read-the-manga-ending. Also that end-teaser, why tease us!?
7/10, time to listen repeatedly to the opening again.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Mar 20, 2020 12:40 PM

Dec 2014
Well that was a masterpiece...hahhah... hope it gets a season 2
Mar 20, 2020 12:59 PM
Apr 2018
05:31 SHUKA's dialogue was Hilarious.
Mar 20, 2020 1:00 PM

Mar 2018
It was a stupid show but at least it was mildly entertaining. Plus the characters weren't as terrible as they were in Mirai Nikki. 4/10
Mar 20, 2020 1:09 PM
Feb 2020
Darwin's game is unique on its own, don't compare it with Mirai Nikki. In Mirai Nikki, you cannot form clans which kept guessing us from the beginning that how the MC will win in mirai nikki. In Darwin's game they formed clan which prohibits the members to fight among them.
Last episode was amazing, as the built up story ended in different way than expected, as I was thinking how they will defeat Wang and his members. But thanks to Kaname rampage mode, same goes for Shuka who completely demolished Wang and made him fearfull.
Amazing work !! They also gave hint for next season. I hope that season 2 would be more awesome 🔥🔥
degenerate_userSep 14, 2020 4:08 AM
Mar 20, 2020 1:12 PM

Dec 2015
Nice anime. Got a bit boring at the end. Was 8/10 for me for a long time but I'll go with 7/10.
Best part was until they finished the treasure hunt.

Afterwards ... felt more like a buildup for later stuff. (Where it might get more interesting with the clan now formed and having established itself.)
Mar 20, 2020 1:17 PM
Feb 2020
I am seeing a lot of comments that say this anime is not worth it or characters are not enjoyable....well i have seen many comments on anime where people complain and bitch too much.....if an MC is weak and not some calm af MF, people its ok! not every MC has to be strong....this anime was not edgy it showed what can happen in a story where you get a death game....hope to see more seasons of this....
Mar 20, 2020 1:25 PM

Feb 2015
Really enjoyed this show. Its afr from a masterpiece plus if Stark700 doesn't like it it must be decent at least. I'd watch a season 2 - 8/10
Mar 20, 2020 1:31 PM

Jun 2017
Well gotta say even though this was not 100% faithful to the manga it was still an alright adaptation and looks like we are getting S2 with Kaname being thrown into the hunting event right away.

It was glorious seeing Shuka massacre that asshole Wang animated tho.
Mar 20, 2020 1:44 PM

Jun 2016
Kaname learnt how to have 100% hit accuracy with his gun in only 2 months, GG.

Mar 20, 2020 1:56 PM
Feb 2020
Really liked this show.
Not a bad concept overall and it was enjoyable enough.
The part where Kaname just shot everyone and every enemy decided just to stare like a bunch of idiots was a bit stupid though.
The fight between Shuka and Wang was pretty good at illustrating how good Shuka actually is and how much she was holding back.
Wanted to see more of the number one girl, but I guess she just decided to go on a vacation or something(not even an appearance in the epilogue, yikes!).
A shame it had to end, but I guess they have a season 2 hook.
Mar 20, 2020 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
Lackluster adaptation of a solid source material.

Not gonna miss it, and will stick to the manga only, if a new season drops by.

5/10
Mar 20, 2020 2:19 PM
Nov 2018
Another great episode. I read ahead in the manga, but as usual the anime is better. And now we got an explanation for Kaname's choice of the raven, the real explanation.

I just noticed that the voice actor is the same as for Senku in Dr. Stone, Yuusuke Kobayashi. Now that I see it, it's so obvious. That same sandpaper voice when he talks slowly. And the voice for Arslan in Arslan Senki! I really liked that anime.

And Kobayashi looks exactly like Kaname! Just a bit fuller cheeks, but otherwise it kind of looks like they based the character's looks on him.

I hope everyone reads the manga. You'll get an explanation for why D-Game exists. Unlike in similar death game shows, there is an explanation that is as big as a setup of this magnitude would require. And they handle it so well. I'm impressed.
HegarMar 20, 2020 2:24 PM
Mar 20, 2020 2:27 PM

Jul 2014
Shuka dismembering Wang was so satisfying. I love her and I love Reina Ueda,

I also liked Kaname and I'm glad he didn't stick to the dumb and often-used policy of not killing.

This show was pretty enjoyable and I hope we get more of it.
Mar 20, 2020 3:11 PM

Aug 2013
Oh God, I loved so much Ueda Reina as Shuka. She was perfect.
Anyway, I enjoyed this series way more than I thought.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 20, 2020 3:30 PM

Jul 2015
It was meh, like many anime of this season, but compared to Mirai Nikki, Ousama Game and other trash of its kind, it was watchable.

5/10
Mar 20, 2020 3:35 PM

May 2019
That was pretty bad, but I'm in for a S2.

Kaname too OP nerf pls.

Mar 20, 2020 3:40 PM

Feb 2008
A lot of people might hated it but I love it so far.
At least we got anime adaption

Season 2 soon :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 20, 2020 3:48 PM
Aug 2014
Honestly one of the worst shows I've finished till the end. But it was so bad that it became enjoyable at some point and had a couple good laughs so idk how I feel about it
Mar 20, 2020 4:06 PM

Oct 2010
stanleypp said:
Honestly one of the worst shows I've finished till the end. But it was so bad that it became enjoyable at some point and had a couple good laughs so idk how I feel about it

Really curious what you found so appalling about it...
Mar 20, 2020 4:07 PM

Oct 2010
Pretty fun overall, nothing special though. Fights were cool and Shuka and Rein made it worth the time
Mar 20, 2020 4:27 PM
May 2017
The insult exchanges between Shuka and Wang were cute, the most entertaining part of the episode for me. Kaname had the cliché snapped-and-now-he's-badass and-OP moment but I liked it. Based on his personality, Kaname being more out-of-control angry about his friend's death and going berzerk probably would've been more realistic than how calm and collected he was. Or maybe how things played out was the best for the story idk

Overall, I found myself thinking "God, they talk SO much for SO long" every episode. Animation and music didn't do anything for me but the sound effects were great. Characters: meh; how psychotic Wang was was fun though. The story is an interesting concept that I wouldn't mind seeing expanded in a season 2. 5/10 if I were to contribute to its score.
Mar 20, 2020 4:46 PM

May 2014
It is a death game alright. A revolving door of dying side characters who never got enough focus or development. We barely knew them.

A bland protagonist who tries to avoid killing his enemies (with the exception of Wang at the very end). Often throws caution to the wind. A few women instantly fall for him without ever meeting him before.

Wang was a terrible villain, acting evil even when there was no gain, making dumb mistakes all the time, and making cringey expressions on top of everything.

And then there are other things like the lengthy speeches right before killing people or being killed. Or people rushing into their deaths with barely any tactical thinking.

I've seen worse, but it was still bad. 3/10.
Mar 20, 2020 4:55 PM

Apr 2015
Overall it was alright! Some really nice episodes, especially the final one! Seeing Wang getting dismembered was satisfyinggggg!!!!

6/10, entertaining but nothing special!

Shuka in a black dress, oef!!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2020

122 by pe3plo »»
Apr 10, 6:15 AM

» Why no season 2?

kisaragi_eki - Dec 2, 2023

34 by Lolbot »»
Apr 7, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

59 by elisaalborne »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2020

336 by Serjiotv »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Darwin's Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2020

110 by Davidortizu »»
Nov 8, 2023 10:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.