Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 17, 2020 3:33 PM

Oct 2013
As the title says: were there any rumors or official announcements about Season 4?

From what I read, manga is way ahead of anime, so adapting more chapters into an anime shouldn't be a problem. The main thing is how big are the chances for Chihayafuru to get next Season rather fast, without the need to wait several years which happened between 2nd and 3rd season.
Mar 17, 2020 4:01 PM

Mar 2012
Adnash93 said:
As the title says: were there any rumors or official announcements about Season 4?

From what I read, manga is way ahead of anime, so adapting more chapters into an anime shouldn't be a problem. The main thing is how big are the chances for Chihayafuru to get next Season rather fast, without the need to wait several years which happened between 2nd and 3rd season.
Nope. So many studios are having a hard time securing funding these days. I hope this gets a season 4 but I don;t want to wait years to get it. I may actually have to start reading the manga.
Mar 17, 2020 4:11 PM

Jan 2016
I've heard the manga is close to completion, so maybe they announce a season 4 to finish adapting it, but nothing concrete
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Mar 17, 2020 5:14 PM

Oct 2012
MaskOfIce said:
I've heard the manga is close to completion, so maybe they announce a season 4 to finish adapting it, but nothing concrete

With the content we have as of now, we already have a material for a 4th and 5th season
Mar 17, 2020 5:30 PM

Oct 2010
MaahHeim said:
MaskOfIce said:

With the content we have as of now, we already have a material for a 4th and 5th season

two-cours each.....?
Mar 17, 2020 5:46 PM

Mar 2012
MaahHeim said:
MaskOfIce said:

There is 233 chapters out currently and they seem to adapt 2 chapters an episode. I don't think there is enough for a 5th season but definitely more than enough for a 4th.
Mar 17, 2020 6:16 PM

Oct 2010
I'll gladly take a S4 next year and wait longer for S5 in that case. Quality and pacing has been very nice.
Mar 17, 2020 6:21 PM

Oct 2012
MetaKite said:
MaahHeim said:

There is 233 chapters out currently and they seem to adapt 2 chapters an episode. I don't think there is enough for a 5th season but definitely more than enough for a 4th.

Yep. 223* so far. Not enough for a 5th season yet, but soon enough there'll be content for it. They sometimes adapt 2 and a half chapters per episode, so I think Madhouse would go for a 2-cour 4th and 2-cour 5th season after the manga ends. That is, if they can...

But Madhouse already said that Chihayafuru is a very special adaptation to them, so we just gotta, like, wish real hard lol
Mar 17, 2020 10:18 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yep, just like the others have already noted, nothing concrete just yet, according to the Creator.

https://twitter.com/yuyu2000_0908/status/1240097759958405120

Please, give us Season 4 MadHouse!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 18, 2020 4:35 AM

Jun 2019
_MushiRock11_ said:
Yep, just like the others have already noted, nothing concrete just yet, according to the Creator.

#ちはやふる3 は来週の24首で最終回。その先のことはまだ何も決まってなくて、4期なんて誰も口にしていないのですが、23首までの【しっかり原作に則ってあの子たちを描く】という浅香監督の執念を見ると、4期ないなんて済まないんじゃ…と思えてくるのです。
みんなに見て貰えたら未来が広がります。

Rough translation:

Chihayafuru 3 will end next week with the 24th episode. Nothing has been decided yet, and no one mentioned season 4 so far; until episode 23, looking at Director Asaka rigor to "Faithfully adapt the source material to draw these kids", I think that it would be regrettable if there were no season 4 [need to revert the order with the "I think" or "rather the thought comes" after the suspension marks].
If everyone wanted to see it happen the chances would improve. [literally, "the future will expand"]

By the way, I have not seen a single episode yet to avoid the wait, can't hope for next week!
Mar 18, 2020 8:22 AM

Oct 2012
Meusnier said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

#ちはやふる3 は来週の24首で最終回。その先のことはまだ何も決まってなくて、4期なんて誰も口にしていないのですが、23首までの【しっかり原作に則ってあの子たちを描く】という浅香監督の執念を見ると、4期ないなんて済まないんじゃ…と思えてくるのです。
みんなに見て貰えたら未来が広がります。

Rough translation:

Chihayafuru 3 will end next week with the 24th episode. Nothing has been decided yet, and no one mentioned season 4 so far; until episode 23, looking at Director Asaka rigor to "Faithfully adapt the source material to draw these kids", I think that it would be regrettable if there were no season 4 [need to revert the order with the "I think" or "rather the thought comes" after the suspension marks].
If everyone wanted to see it happen the chances would improve. [literally, "the future will expand"]

By the way, I have not seen a single episode yet to avoid the wait, can't hope for next week!

Thanks for the translation!
Mar 18, 2020 9:54 AM

Jun 2019
MaahHeim said:
Meusnier said:

みんなに見て貰えたら未来が広がります。

Rough translation:

Thanks for the translation!

Your welcome ツ.
Mar 18, 2020 8:51 PM

Oct 2013
Too bad there is no concrete information about Season 4, although it wouldn't be unwise to have a small spark of hope that some information might be revealed soon. If not by the end of episode 24, then maybe shortly after, haha.

@MetaKite , from what I read this season will end around chapter 150, so there are a lot of chapters to be adapted into anime format. I would say for a whole Season 4 with 24-25 episodes and Season 5 with 12 episodes (if the manga is really close to its end).

@Meusnier , thanks for translating it. :) I hope we will have officiall announcement of Season 4 soon, or maybe by the end of Season 3.
Mar 19, 2020 2:48 AM

Mar 2012
MaahHeim said:
MetaKite said:

Yep. 223* so far. Not enough for a 5th season yet, but soon enough there'll be content for it. They sometimes adapt 2 and a half chapters per episode, so I think Madhouse would go for a 2-cour 4th and 2-cour 5th season after the manga ends. That is, if they can...

But Madhouse already said that Chihayafuru is a very special adaptation to them, so we just gotta, like, wish real hard lol
Oh yes, Mahheim and @Adnash93. When I say season, I'm thinking at least 24 episodes. I don't think anybody would feel satisfied with just 12 episodes no matter how much we'd appreciate it and take anything we can get. If there is a 5th season, it will no doubt run all the way to the series' end. I'm dreading next week because it will be the last episode for a while.
MetaKiteMar 19, 2020 5:54 AM
Mar 19, 2020 3:05 AM

Jun 2019
Adnash93 said:
Too bad there is no concrete information about Season 4, although it wouldn't be unwise to have a small spark of hope that some information might be revealed soon. If not by the end of episode 24, then maybe shortly after, haha.

@MetaKite , from what I read this season will end around chapter 150, so there are a lot of chapters to be adapted into anime format. I would say for a whole Season 4 with 24-25 episodes and Season 5 with 12 episodes (if the manga is really close to its end).

@Meusnier , thanks for translating it. :) I hope we will have officiall announcement of Season 4 soon, or maybe by the end of Season 3.

You're welcome シ. It might be nice if they said at the end of the last episode that there would be another season, but I fear that for this kind of unpopular licenses, the chances are slim.
Mar 19, 2020 2:49 PM
Feb 2019
Well, if Chihayafuru got a third season after so many years, it's pretty sure that a 4th season is coming, and with it a full adaptation (It's very unlikely that they would stop the adaptation being that far in the manga). No one knows the future, we can't take anything for granted, but for Chihayafuru, the future shines with a beautiful strength.
Mar 19, 2020 8:10 PM

Oct 2013
MetaKite said:
When I say season, I'm thinking at least 24 episodes. I don't think anybody would feel satisfied with just 12 episodes no matter how much we'd appreciate it and take anything we can get. If there is a 5th season, it will no doubt run all the way to the series' end. I'm dreading next week because it will be the last episode for a while.

I have nothing against if Season 4 would have 24 episodes, and Season 5 - as the final one - only 12 episodes if that amount would be enough to cover remaining manga chapters that were not adapted. Of course assuming that manga is indeed close to its end right now and there will be enough chapters to make at least 12 episodes of its anime adaptation dedicated for final chapters.

I might do what you mentioned some posts ago about Chihayafuru manga. If we will have to wait years for another season, then I might consider starting reading its manga as well. ;-)

@mafd12 , I would love to hear some news, but there is also that grim feeling that there is a chance (and it is, indeed) of having to wait longer than one year for another season. :( As @Meusnier mentioned before, with that kind of unpopular title who has its small, but faithful fanbase, it's nothing certain whether we will see another Season. I think it will be created one day for sure, especially when there is enough source material to cover a whole season of an anime adaptation, but the question is "when?".

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.