Forum Settings
Forums

Arc you didn't like from the anime you loved?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 16, 2020 12:30 PM

Jul 2016
Oreo_Cheesecake said:
Entirety of the first 8 episodes of Clannad Afterstory.

So true, they're like opening acts before the real story begins
Mar 16, 2020 12:31 PM

Jul 2016
Zoldyck family and heavens arena always try my patience, at least the payoff is worth it
Mar 16, 2020 1:28 PM

Aug 2019
White_Hollow said:
Everyone says that greed island arc is the worst, but to hell with that, i like the Razor vs Gon dodgeball duel. That's like the best thing in this arc, with hisoka teaming up and almost on the verge of realizing "FRIENDSHIP", it really makes me wonder if Hisoka could've taken a different path and stop being a battle maniac (and a pedophile).

This so much. I really liked that battle, especially the fact that they team up with Hisoka.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Mar 16, 2020 1:32 PM

Jul 2015
Eat shit, the Election arc of Hunter x Hunter (2011) and fall off your horse!
Mar 16, 2020 2:21 PM

Aug 2019
Not necessarily love but the whole 2nd cour of blue exorcist. I was a fresh new weeb and I was soaking in that fun basic shounen and blue exorcist was filling in those nicely. And than the 2nd cour came and I hated it so much to the point where I could barely enjoy season 2. I forced myself to rush and finish the 2nd show bc I wanted to finish blue exorcist so badly bc I hated the 2nd cour so much. And it’s not so as if that 2nd cour didn’t happen that i would love the show, but it would of left me with a better view.

Also maybe the first 30-ish episodes or less of gintama. It took me a while to get used to the humour and the animation wasn’t the best at the beginning. It felt like a chore at the beginning but thank god I kept on watching it. Now I’m losing my shit every episode and the serious arcs are better than some full serious shows, despite being much shorter.

The middle to end part of the tatami galaxy. It started to get kinda tedious and repetitive. However those last two episodes (ESPECIALLY the last one) saved it.

The ending of soul eater. Bullshit.

Also the last few episodes of the cautious hero. I felt like the whole sad backstory and drama was rushed and like they ran out of ideas. Wish they just stuck with plain humour.
Mar 16, 2020 2:35 PM

Aug 2017
tbh i didn't like the arc after the sisters arc in railgun s
and that's mostly cause it was filler other than that it was quite nice
Mar 16, 2020 4:57 PM

Oct 2013
Do filler arcs count. If so then every Bleach filler and most of the Naruto ones.

Also, I actually liked the Fullbringer arc. Can't say the same about HunterxHunters chimera ant arc though. Or greed island. Actually the only reasons I kept watching was for Killua,the Phantom Troupe, Hisoka and to a lesser extent Meruem. Didn't really find anyone else that interesting.
Mar 16, 2020 8:58 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
The bount arc in Bleach single-handedly killed my initial engagement with the series.

Most of the filler arcs in Yu-Gi-Oh! (save for some really memorable moments)

Haruhi Season 2. Though, in retrospect, I think it might have just been slightly mediocre, in comparison. to the rest of the series.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 17, 2020 1:44 AM

Aug 2019
I'm still watching One Piece but till now I think it would be long ring long land arc

Silver Soul from Gintama, it's not that I hate this arc but still I didn't like this arc that much as the other arcs

Mar 17, 2020 2:14 AM
Jan 2020
the gentle arc from bnha. nothing more to say.
Mar 17, 2020 3:10 AM

Jun 2016
Everything in gintama before the yoshiwara in flames arc and after the farewell shinsengumi arc.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 17, 2020 4:41 AM

Dec 2008
ONE PIECE, Fish-Man Island Arc. The New Fish-Man Pirates led by Hody Jones were the most pathetic villains. Hody is just stupid and pathetic. This is the first arc I ever hated of ONE PIECE.
Mar 17, 2020 12:54 PM

Jun 2019
NamikazeHime said:
You know, I love Bleach. I like the power system -

The power system, especially within the Soul Society, is really cool in Bleach. However, you can't act like Ichigo's power made sense. He, at least ability and fighting wise, was the worst thing about that damn show. He'd just get bursts of strength early on before any of the other systems were known, then his sword is actually a villain, he gets different masks because he's also a hollow, oh did I mention he's also a Quincy, and he can also use his move, the Getsuga Tenshou, as a power up which wraps him in Bandages, and he can also use Fullbringer by the way, don't forget that, which he can even level up to look like his Soul Reaper form, oh and lastly, you can't forget that he can combine his Quincy and Soul Reaper powers to become the ultimate fighter

I'm not bitching at you at all, don't get me wrong, but Ichigo's powers in Bleach are the main thing that stop me from enjoying it more than I did. It has so much potential, and the main character has to be the most illogical thing I've ever seen in anime.

*sigh* Anyway, now that I've calmed down, I agree that the Fullrbinger arc is pretty bad. Also, Greed Island in Hunter x Hunter was a bit hard to sit through at times. Other than that, nothing really comes to mind.

Mar 17, 2020 1:14 PM

Jul 2019
NickRedMachine said:
NamikazeHime said:
You know, I love Bleach. I like the power system -

The power system, especially within the Soul Society, is really cool in Bleach. However, you can't act like Ichigo's power made sense. He, at least ability and fighting wise, was the worst thing about that damn show. He'd just get bursts of strength early on before any of the other systems were known, then his sword is actually a villain, he gets different masks because he's also a hollow, oh did I mention he's also a Quincy, and he can also use his move, the Getsuga Tenshou, as a power up which wraps him in Bandages, and he can also use Fullbringer by the way, don't forget that, which he can even level up to look like his Soul Reaper form, oh and lastly, you can't forget that he can combine his Quincy and Soul Reaper powers to become the ultimate fighter

I'm not bitching at you at all, don't get me wrong, but Ichigo's powers in Bleach are the main thing that stop me from enjoying it more than I did. It has so much potential, and the main character has to be the most illogical thing I've ever seen in anime.

*sigh* Anyway, now that I've calmed down, I agree that the Fullrbinger arc is pretty bad. Also, Greed Island in Hunter x Hunter was a bit hard to sit through at times. Other than that, nothing really comes to mind.

I agree with you on that, Ichigo's powers were out of that world, but every other shinigami didn't 'break the rules' we learned about zanpakuto powers.
Kubo actually tried to explain why Ichigo's powers are all over the place -- he is so many things at the same time, but that explanation was one of those 'MC has too be special' things and I'm not really a big fan of those.
Mar 17, 2020 1:18 PM

Jun 2019
NamikazeHime said:
NickRedMachine said:

I agree with you on that, Ichigo's powers were out of that world, but every other shinigami didn't 'break the rules' we learned about zanpakuto powers.
Kubo actually tried to explain why Ichigo's powers are all over the place -- he is so many things at the same time, but that explanation was one of those 'MC has too be special' things and I'm not really a big fan of those.

Agree completely. The Soul Society and Gotei 13 by themselves, are actually one of my favorite things ever in all of anime, and I only gave the Bleach anime and manga a 7 each, that should tell you how much the stuff around it (like the Fullbringer arc and Ichigo's .. issues) weighed it down for me.

Mar 17, 2020 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
Theo1899 said:
Everything in gintama before the yoshiwara in flames arc and after the farewell shinsengumi arc.
you didn't like Benizakura arc?
what about any funny arcs like Ghost Ryokan just before Yoshiwara
Mar 17, 2020 1:24 PM

Jun 2019
The entire Petelgeuse arc from Re Zero. Dude was annoying as hell. Made me glad to be bingeing the entire season cause i wouldnt of lasted through all that if i had to wait a week between each episode.
Mar 17, 2020 2:06 PM

Aug 2017
i love kenshin but i remember the last "arc" being absolute bullshit
Mar 17, 2020 3:01 PM

Jun 2016
Korishi said:
you didn't like Benizakura arc?
what about any funny arcs like Ghost Ryokan just before Yoshiwara

Benizakura, both the TV and movie version, is just average. While there certainly were a lot of funny moments, the early episodes relied too heavily on just throwing around names of other shows and celebrities without doing something creative with them. The show reached the masterpiece status it's known for when Fujita took over the helm from Takamatsu who while being a great director involved in a lot of my favorite sunrise shows his episodes felt the weakest. Maybe it was Sorachi's fault, maybe he didn't find his flow yet in the early chapters. I haven't read the books so I'm just speculating now.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 17, 2020 3:10 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Black Kirin Arc in Juuni Kokuki, not that bad but it was kinda boring and made me put the series on hold for a couple of months.
Mar 17, 2020 3:46 PM

Sep 2017
USJ arc from boku no hero academia s1. I know it was the intro to villains and everyones just getting to know each other but in comparison to kamino ward or stain arc it's definitely the weakest. thankfully watched it all in one sitting so i wasn't like bored for weeks or anything

Azure messenger arc from bungou stray dogs. i think it's an anime only arc and god can you tell!!! felt so unimportant in the grand scheme of things. it's only 2 episodes though
Mar 17, 2020 4:01 PM
Oct 2018
The first 20-26 epsiodes of Jojo part 4 were full of filler and nothing really amounted to anything and then came the last 13 epsiodes that made go fron boring to really interesting and the reason why i am not giving it a higher is because of the really repetitive focus change on some rubbish charactera
Mar 17, 2020 4:03 PM

Oct 2018
it's just least favorite, not hate. Training arc in every sports anime. love it when they cut it short. for example kuroko basketball, but of course not all sports anime. at least haikyuu deserve my respect on how they make training arc really entertaining.

other
- filler arc from naruto Shippuden. I believed the name of the character is sora?
- Dragonball super arc: goldern Frieza and black Goku arc.

Mar 17, 2020 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
ThatRazorGuy said:
The Green Island arc is the only thing preventing me from giving Hunter x Hunter a 10. Most of it is pretty mediocre.

That shit was painful to watch, I had completely forgotten it lol
Mar 17, 2020 4:27 PM

Jan 2017
Silent Party Arc from Railgun S was just no needed.
Mar 17, 2020 6:18 PM
Jan 2019
The part of Glass mask where Maya is on the TV show. God this was boring, predictable, and just kind of pisses me off
Mar 17, 2020 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
The current school festival/Gentle Criminal arc in BNHA. To me it is the most boring this anime has ever been.
Mar 17, 2020 7:17 PM

Oct 2018
Chimera Ant Arc, it was way too long, only thing keeping me from giving HxH a 10.
Mar 17, 2020 7:21 PM
Jun 2017
Greed Island arc in HxH is fucking bad
Mar 17, 2020 7:45 PM

Jul 2015
ArabianLuffy said:
ONE PIECE, Fish-Man Island Arc. The New Fish-Man Pirates led by Hody Jones were the most pathetic villains. Hody is just stupid and pathetic. This is the first arc I ever hated of ONE PIECE.

That arc's main purpose was to show of how strong everyone got after the time skip. Oda probably figure that would be a decent way to show that off without having them a real opponent on the journey to the new world.
Mar 17, 2020 8:37 PM

Jan 2018
Yu Yu Hakusho will always be my favorite, but I would be crazy to say The Four Kings arc turned out good. I honestly feel like if the series moved to a monthly magazine Togashi wouldn't have rushed the hell out of the ending.
What a beautiful Duwang
Mar 17, 2020 8:56 PM
Oct 2019
Darling in the franxx was bound to be one of my favorite anime’s till they went on the second arc which seemed like they just forgot how many episodes they were allowed to have so they finished asap
Mar 17, 2020 9:03 PM

Dec 2008
terminador_2397 said:
That arc's main purpose was to show of how strong everyone got after the time skip. Oda probably figure that would be a decent way to show that off without having them a real opponent on the journey to the new world.

Zoro's battle against Pica wasn't that big deal. Pica himself was no different than those Fishmen. Now we build up speculations in Wano about who Zoro gonna fight. What I want:

Luffy vs Kaidou
Zoro vs King
Sanji vs Queen

but I dunno what to expect. Zoro seems... [SPOILER]
Mar 17, 2020 9:34 PM

Aug 2017
This is gonna take a while. Both to post, and to read.

• My Hero Academia was destined to face an uphill battle after that climactic battle, but the Culture Festival arc is just sad.
  • It's universally acknowledged that Near's arc pales to L's in Death Note
  • It's not hate, but the first arc (first few episodes) of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood lacked the nuance, aesthetic, and exposition of the prequel. All of the elements that made the 2003 series so powerful in the beginning (which was the reason I bothered to tune in to Brotherhood in the first place) were unfortunately absent so the story could be moved along faster.
  • Most of the pure comedy arcs in Gintama are hit or miss for me. The standalone comedy episodes are fine, because they're guaranteed to end, and you don't have much in the way of expectations.
  • The closing arc of the Great Teacher Onizuka anime adaptation was far from bad when I first saw it (actually kinda loved it) but it's a far cry from the glory of the manga. Honestly wish we could just get a single rebooted anime adaptation that's loyal to the source rather than a 101 divergent live-action adaptations...
  • I really wish they had skipped or at least sped up the Shikoku arc of Nurarihyon no Mago and just went straight for the Demon Capital saga. Maybe that way they would've adapted it till the manga's conclusion.
  • The "cooldown" portion of the One Punch Man webcomic after the final battle with Garou just threw me off. It wasn't necessarily bad, but it bored me enough to drop the series for a while.
  • I don't mind most of the mindless filler-like content from the second season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but Endless Eight was a travesty. At the very least, we didn't need 8 entire episodes...
  • I didn't have much expectations for A Certain Scientific Railgun, but after the hype and intrigue of the Sisters arc in A Certain Scientific Railgun S, I couldn't help but be disappointed by the rest of the season.
  • I'm currently eating up the light novels for A Certain Magical Index: New Testament, but the World Rejecter Arc (or more specifically, the character himself) was an absolute abomination that we could've honestly done without. Everything about it was boring, uninspired and mediocre, expect the part where it concludes after having called out the character (and even the structure of the arc) for all its crap. It bordered on a fourth wall break, and was quite satisfying, but it didn't make up for the dreary arc we went through to reach that point.
  • The Three Kings arc of Yu Yu Hakusho was being built up to be one of the most phenomenal and iconic arcs in shōnen history (especially for its time) until Togashi was forced to scrap all his intricate character writing and extensive world building in favour of a frickin' tournament arc. Moments like this force me to question my faith in Shōnen Jump. They really do.
  • I'm not up to date anymore, so I don't know much about the Sun & Moon chapter of Pokémon Adventures, but the Black & White chapter was a tremendous disappointment, especially considering how epic Diamond & Pearl was. X&Y started after and finished before it, but was still a dozen times better.
Mar 17, 2020 10:15 PM
Dec 2015
shane_nichols said:
One Piece. Dressrosa. Now I'm speaking of the anime here not the manga. Firstly, animation was shit through most of this arc, and then Rebbecca the boob warrior Gladiator. Jesus Toei lay off the fuckin fanservice. And last but not least the shittu pacing was so bad they adapted ONE page for 3 episodes like wtf Toei? It had a couple good moments, but overall it was boring as shit.
i feel like the Whole cake island was worse than dresrossa pacing wise and animation wise , remember that fully episode when Luffy just run through corridors 😂😂
Mar 18, 2020 12:28 AM
Jul 2017
Ferien said:
YeeYeeAss said:
Hunter Exam in Hunter x Hunter. It was the worst arc in my opinion but it still is okay

That's because you've only watched the lifeless 2011 version. Try the 1999 version, where it was way beyond just "okay"

Hard agree, I watched the 2011 version first but the 1999 version handled that arc a lot better.
Mar 18, 2020 4:08 AM

Feb 2016
NamikazeHime said:
You know, I love Bleach. I like the power system, most of the cast, Shinigami squads and Urahara. But I like to pretend that Fullbringer arc never existed. Have you ever felt that way?

I was actually planning to mention that particular arc from Bleach when reading this thread lol. It was rather terrible.

Bleach had already been declining before that arc, sadly. Not to mention the continuation in the manga, it was an absolute trainwreck. Kubo didn't care anymore at the end and it showed. Bigtime. If you thought the Fullbringer arc was a bad ending to the anime, the last arc of the manga was WAY worse. Incomprehensably bad.

I still love that anime for what is once was, though there is no anime/manga out there that has disappointed and frustrated me with its ending more than Bleach did.

So yeah. I fully agree with you.

Mar 18, 2020 4:18 AM

Feb 2014
The pyramid scheme arc from Welcome to the NHK. It made the main characters act really retarded and out of character for some dumb comedy and to shoehorn the arc of the classmate girl into the show.
Mar 18, 2020 4:31 AM

Jul 2019
Talorael said:
NamikazeHime said:
You know, I love Bleach. I like the power system, most of the cast, Shinigami squads and Urahara. But I like to pretend that Fullbringer arc never existed. Have you ever felt that way?

I was actually planning to mention that particular arc from Bleach when reading this thread lol. It was rather terrible.

Bleach had already been declining before that arc, sadly. Not to mention the continuation in the manga, it was an absolute trainwreck. Kubo didn't care anymore at the end and it showed. Bigtime. If you thought the Fullbringer arc was a bad ending to the anime, the last arc of the manga was WAY worse. Incomprehensably bad.

I still love that anime for what is once was, though there is no anime/manga out there that has disappointed and frustrated me with its ending more than Bleach did.

I have actually read the manga (not just once), and I have too say that I enjoyed last arc, purely because of the new bankai(s) we saw in it. It made me love some characters more than I loved them already. Story itself was nowhere near the Soul Society arc and Hueco Mundo arc, unfortunately.
Anime is officialy announced today so maybe the adaptation will fix the rushed ending. We will just have to wait and see.
Mar 18, 2020 6:19 AM

Mar 2019
Bleach - The last arc in the anime -
HxH Chimera ant arc - tbh, it's one of the worst arcs I've ever seen -
Gintama Hard boiled detective arc
BnHA season 3 Hero license exam arc. (Except Deku VS Bakugo episode)
Mar 18, 2020 7:54 AM
Aug 2019
does the whole fate series thing count? like some are amazing like the two seasons of zero and ubw and others are just subpar
Mar 18, 2020 8:02 AM
Aug 2018
Certainly Trhiller Bark's arc in One Piece, maybe there are possible SPOILERS.
Ah, sorry for the shitty english I'm not fluent ok? I'm doing this via google translate, please be gentle.

First of all, I'm not saying that the arc is necessarily bad, but after an arc as incredible as CP9 / Enies Lobby I expected something as great as, you know? The anime was progressing really well like, look Alabasta's arc was very good, our Skypiea has a fantastic plot I hope it gets better, CP9...bffff...AAAHHH "I WANT TO LIIIIVE" (best one piece arc)

Like we went from "Gear Second" to ...nightmare luffy...REALLY???

Honestly, this arc would be totally disposable if it weren't for Brook, and for the appearance at the end of Bartholomew Kuma.

Btw the best fight in the arc is Usopp vs Perona and NO ONE WILL CHANGE THIS OK???
Mar 18, 2020 9:19 AM

Feb 2016
NamikazeHime said:
Talorael said:

I have actually read the manga (not just once), and I have too say that I enjoyed last arc, purely because of the new bankai(s) we saw in it. It made me love some characters more than I loved them already. Story itself was nowhere near the Soul Society arc and Hueco Mundo arc, unfortunately.
Anime is officialy announced today so maybe the adaptation will fix the rushed ending. We will just have to wait and see.

Yeah it was nice to finally see some of the bankai after such a long while, some were pretty interesting. The flashback of Isshin's past was also nice. There were aspects I liked as well, but overall I felt that the last arc in the manga was very dissapointing.

I guess I would like to watch some of the scenes I found good or interesting if it is adapted into a new anime, but personally I'm not expecting much from it. If I'm not a fan of the story from the source material, I can't imagine I will like the anime version much. But as you say, we have to wait and see, you never know.

TaloraelMar 18, 2020 9:46 AM
Mar 18, 2020 9:29 AM

Dec 2017
Long Ring Long Land arc from One Piece
Greed Island from Hunter x Hunter
and most of Nisemonogatari
also, I don't really like My Hero Academia but its current arc (Gentle Criminal) is shit even by My Hero's standards, which is saying something.
Mar 18, 2020 9:38 AM

Aug 2015
(HxH) Greed Island is good but it's not nearly as good. I think the main reason people have a problem with it, is because it's between the two best arcs of the entire series. You only expect it to get better after Yorknew city and it doesn't until Chimera Ant.

(One Piece) I hate anything to do with the Fishmen in One Piece with the exception of Jinbei. I hate Arlong Park and Fishman Island including both their villians as they are not interesting or entertaining to me.
Fishman Island honestly didn't even feel like One Piece to me and whenever a series loses it's identity, that's honestly appalling. It sucks too because the rest of the timeskip has been pretty good aside from Fishman arc.

Second part of Death Note is mediocre but everyone has this problem and it's been talked to death so yeah...

The last arc in Yu Yu Hakusho was gonna be something great and then Togashi activated his back hurting powers and rushed it and made the ending absolute shit. Also Sensui is a complete shit villain with no interesting qualities and the multiple personalities wasn't executed well and felt forced. Chapter Black was good until that point.

Tsukimonogatari was honestly pretty boring to me. I guess because it took me a long time to start enjoying Yotsugi as a character and when I started watching it, I was kinda meh on her at that point in time. But I felt like not a lot of important stuff happened in it either tbh. I even got more enjoyment out of Koyomimonogatari were nothing important truly happens until the last episode pretty much. Nisemonogatari was decent enough but still weak until we got to my god and savior Kaiki. Fire sisters aren't really compelling to me.

Mar 18, 2020 10:50 AM

Feb 2017
Chimera Ant arc from Hunter x Hunter. The episodes felt longer than what they were, watching it felt like a chore.
Mar 18, 2020 11:23 AM

Jun 2019
Taival said:
Chimera Ant arc from Hunter x Hunter. The episodes felt longer than what they were, watching it felt like a chore.

While this arc is always seen as a masterpiece, I would definitely agree that the first half (before the Royal Guard is born) has some very slow parts.

Mar 18, 2020 11:33 AM

Aug 2018
None, I don't love any show with a bad arc.
Mar 18, 2020 12:46 PM

Feb 2019
Not really an Arc, but a certain scene that almost ruined the anime for me.......
where Nezuko got stabbed a few times by Sanemi, i almost threw my chair a couple meters.

Jokes aside

Hunter x Hunter is i guess my favorite Anime, but not series, and i guess if there was one Arc i didn't like it was the Game Arc or whatever the fuck it was called.
Mar 18, 2020 2:18 PM

Jul 2015
NamikazeHime said:
Talorael said:

Did you hear the big news, they are going to adapt the final arc any thoughts?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

115 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
2 minutes ago

» Has anyone noticed how sequel bias is an anime only thing?

APolygons2 - 1 hour ago

17 by Zimmu »»
2 minutes ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 12 hours ago

28 by SgtBateMan »»
3 minutes ago

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

28 by Dauphine »»
7 minutes ago

» What anime song (intro, outro, j-pop) of the ringtone do you use right now?

Kiryotsu - 11 hours ago

20 by Thanatos1 »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.