Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 22, 2020 1:49 PM

Mar 2018
FMmatron said:
As someone who also enjoys regular slice of life/school/comedies, this is one of the best festival arcs and I honestly prefer it over some crap that's going to come after this. Just try to enjoy it for what it is folks.
Before this season aired, I was told that the arc that comes next (overhaul) was going to be the best arc and the next one after that was going to be shit so in other words this arc. Thing is that I've been enjoying this arc more than overhaul's so I guess ppl are complaining just cuz this is a slice of life arc. So far, I agree that it is on the higher end of festival arcs.
Feb 22, 2020 2:12 PM
Feb 2016
There wasnt any point to this episode. Literally.
Feb 22, 2020 2:26 PM
Dec 2017
Light-Yagami-God said:
What is this crap, so many filler eps.

It's not filler '-'
Feb 22, 2020 2:36 PM

Apr 2010
I always hate that the tail end of every season is just filler esque and rather boring. I'll still ride the rest of this season out though cause my girl Jiro is actually of use finally. But why the hell is she singing in English when they ask her to sing? Can we please stop shoe horning in that Youtuber singer or whatever into everything? This completely ruined any sense of immersion I had wtf.
ZeroflamezFeb 22, 2020 2:39 PM
Feb 22, 2020 2:55 PM

Feb 2016
JC, the cringe I get from Gentle and la Brava, can't help but fast forward them. This season keeps hitting more lows and lows, it's amazing.

My, how the mighty has fallen.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 22, 2020 3:15 PM

Nov 2018
Apart from the last few minutes the episode was so boring. The comedy wasn't even funny at all

I don't know, it's only me or this season is undertone?
Even the big hyped fight with overhaul seemed nothing special , it wasn't even emotional to me. I prefered the fight vs muscular a lot tbh

But maybe it's just me

ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʀꜱᴇ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ
ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴏꜱᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ
ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟ ᴄᴏɴꜱɪᴅᴇʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀꜱᴀʟ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜꜱ.
Feb 22, 2020 3:22 PM

Jun 2016
"range has been an issue for me and I couldn't think of a solution"

BS, he could have just thrown rocks and other stuff at his opponents. Given his strength they would have been rather devastating projectiles even at 8%. This solution is so obvious that there is really no excuse here.
Feb 22, 2020 3:57 PM

May 2015
Ok this episode was much better than the previous ones. Its been really "ok" recently so Im glad to see a decent episode. That talk with All Might at the end was great. I always love the one to one talks All Might has and this one was really nice to see. We havent had much between Deku and All Might so this was nice to see. So now he's learned another way to progress his power. I look forward to seeing him be able to pull off more.

Seems a lot of series are having english singers these days. Personally not bothered by it.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 22, 2020 5:13 PM

Jun 2013
Light-Yagami-God said:
What is this crap, so many filler eps.

This is not filler.
Feb 22, 2020 5:42 PM

Apr 2018
Omg the f l i c k is finally back! oh how i missed you. dekus ultimate move isnt shoot style, but flick style.

thehund said:
Did anyone else notice Gentle and La Brava in the OP, it feels like they just added that in.
ya i just noticed that too haha

Noumu said:
"range has been an issue for me and I couldn't think of a solution"

BS, he could have just thrown rocks and other stuff at his opponents. Given his strength they would have been rather devastating projectiles even at 8%. This solution is so obvious that there is really no excuse here.
jeez i was thinking exactly the same thing - JUST THROW SHIT!!

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenFeb 24, 2020 3:59 AM
Feb 22, 2020 6:55 PM

Jul 2016
My God, the amount of people complaining/whining about the lack of action and fights... honestly, it really seems that despite still being high-schoolers, "fans" can't understand the idea of Deku and co. finally getting a break for themselves.

Anyways, decent episode overall. The SoL moments were nice and though the comedy was a bit jarring for moments, it was still bearable enough.

On a side note, Jirou's singing didn't feel much rock-like but it was impressive nevertheless. Doubt that was her actual VA singing tho.
Feb 22, 2020 7:07 PM

Jun 2013
I'm enjoying the chill episodes. People who want pure action should stick to DBZ or something similar. This is a good time to see how characters such as Bakugou have developed. Honestly, he has developed the most, even more than Deku who pretty much still has the same personality as before with only slight improvement now that he's able to talk back to Bakugou and others.

I'm excited to see Eri enjoy the festival.

Also, as a manga reader, don't expect anything too exciting to happen in a long time. The manga only started getting into the really interesting battles.
臭い-
Feb 22, 2020 7:25 PM

Dec 2015
F*ck off Eri, I don't need you anymore. La Brava is better and even more kawaii than you!
Feb 22, 2020 8:22 PM

Jul 2017
WELP, why do people "ONLY" expect action out of this series?

Anywho, quite interested about villain duo Gentle Criminal and La Brava's involvement in the school festival, more than gaining views. Their idea of villainy is nothing superb, but depending on human perception engages them to act vigorously.

Even as Class 1-A settles in on doing a rock band for the festival, for Bakugo, he's still very unsettled about others ever since the incident before, but it's great seeing his matured personality shine through his distaste for people dissing them.

While the others settle into their positions, asking Jiro to anchor singing and playing, that's something, but the English singing, please tell me that's real coming from her VA. HAH Mineta momentary breaking the 4th wall with his character design, and with giving him his "time of harem" LOL

For Izuku, fighting to control All Might's power is still very wishy-washy, but he decides to teach him anyways to master the power even further without breaking his body.

Mirio has brought Eri to U.A., unbeknownst of the villain duo invading the school. Her welcome will be of most importance, but danger lurks with every direction.
Feb 22, 2020 10:33 PM

Dec 2014
I love how a comical vilain is added all of sudden
Feb 22, 2020 11:39 PM

May 2012
EckhartPilgrim said:
JeremiahBosswald said:

This aint even a filler episode. This is Manga material. THIS is the Story.

This whole season feels like a big filler though.

Do you guys really not understand what filler is? Filler is an episode that accomplishes nothing at all in the overarching plot. Which is kinda the polar opposite of what this episode did.

This episode had: 1-A working out their plans for the cultural festival, laying the groundwork for Deku's next improvements, and laid out what the villain for this arc's focus is going to be. There was also some good characterization for Bakugo which isn't something that would happen in a filler episode.
Feb 22, 2020 11:41 PM

Nov 2014
The comments on Gentle video are hilarious

cant wait for the scenes all manga readers have been waiting for when it comes to our new favorite villain duo

Swagarot said:
honestly i kind of feel like the overall quality of the show has gone down a little bit idk exactly why,
i read up to the end of this season in the manga so i'll keep watching for 1 more fight that i hope they'll do right, overall i'd say you might be better off reading the manga for this season, this wasn't terrible but so far no fight scene really gave me the feeling i had in the previous season, this might be a first 7/10 for mha for me. i hope they'll do season 5 better.

i don't agree. This arc AND the next arc both should be enjoyed in anime format. This arc because of the Gentle fight will be more emotional and heart-breaking with animation and voice acting and soundtrack, while the result of the school festival should be obviously seen in anime format where we can hear Jirou sing and witness the greatness of the show they came up with in motion.

Without spoilers, next arc (season 5) is the best arc of mha PERIOD and you definitely need to watch it get animated.
ttcchenFeb 22, 2020 11:46 PM
Feb 23, 2020 1:08 AM

Apr 2016
Gentle reminds me a lot of Phantom Thief B from the Trails series. They are both jovial lunatic antagonists who really do their own thing, who want to revel in their own glory. They are capable of violence, but envision themselves as intellectuals. Would be cool if Gentle stuck around for a while, though he'd have to be defeated and captured eventually for the sake of maintain accountability.

I wonder how La Brava fell in with him. Was she some teenage girl who fantasized about living an exciting life, saw Gentle one day, and then ran away from home in the hopes of becoming his apprentice/sidekick/partner?
Feb 23, 2020 4:04 AM

Jun 2009
It's always fun to watch Gentle and La Brava.

But holy shit, that Jiro song was amazing.
Feb 23, 2020 4:24 AM
Nov 2013
Episode was awesome. I don’t even understand how MHA garnered a fan base of so many whiny babies. Action was never MHAs forte. It has some good action, yes. But it’s strongest points have always been, exciting moments, great characterization (especially for villains) , awesome worldbuilding, and just a unique sense of fun and great emotional core. This arc is an amazing balance of everything MHA is good at and to complain and hate on it cause “mah action” is hilarious and shows me that many people don’t even realize what makes MHA good.
Feb 23, 2020 5:06 AM

May 2013
I totally lost my interest...
I hate Mineta , he's not even funny, and I can't stand Gentle and especially La Brava, they are annoying as hell
at least there are characters like Mirio, Bakugo or All Might who make this series watchable
Feb 23, 2020 5:07 AM
Nov 2013
haganedonciii said:
I hate Mineta , he's not even funny, and I can't stand Gentle and especially La Brava, they are annoying as hell
at least there are characters like Mirio, Bakugo or All Might who make this series watchable
What’s wrong with gentle?
Feb 23, 2020 5:16 AM

May 2013
crystalblade13 said:
haganedonciii said:

he's trying to be something he's not, but I give him 1-2 episodes to prove that I'm wrong about it
Feb 23, 2020 5:54 AM
Nov 2013
haganedonciii said:
crystalblade13 said:

he's trying to be something he's not, but I give him 1-2 episodes to prove that I'm wrong about it
personality flaw == bad character. Personality flaws make a character more human. Not confirming if your right or wrong though. I’m a manga reader, and I actually love this arc
Feb 23, 2020 5:57 AM

Jul 2019
ttcchen said:

cant wait for the scenes all manga readers have been waiting for when it comes to our new favorite villain duo

Swagarot said:
honestly i kind of feel like the overall quality of the show has gone down a little bit idk exactly why,
i read up to the end of this season in the manga so i'll keep watching for 1 more fight that i hope they'll do right, overall i'd say you might be better off reading the manga for this season, this wasn't terrible but so far no fight scene really gave me the feeling i had in the previous season, this might be a first 7/10 for mha for me. i hope they'll do season 5 better.

i don't agree. This arc AND the next arc both should be enjoyed in anime format. This arc because of the Gentle fight will be more emotional and heart-breaking with animation and voice acting and soundtrack, while the result of the school festival should be obviously seen in anime format where we can hear Jirou sing and witness the greatness of the show they came up with in motion.

Without spoilers, next arc (season 5) is the best arc of mha PERIOD and you definitely need to watch it get animated.

yeah i mean gentle's fight will probably be good and your right about the conclusion of this arc i guess, but the overhaul arc was done better in the manga.
Feb 23, 2020 6:53 AM

Jun 2011
ThatsNotGaming said:
The school festival stuff seems boring af after all the nail-biting action we've gotten so far. Also I could care less about this gentle villain guy who seems like more of a clown than a villain.

Only redeeming part of this episode was All Might teaching Midoriya some new moves.

If this is all that we can expect to get in these last few episodes of the season, then I'm over it... Next season plz, I'm not interested in these boring developments.

word. couldnt say it better, s4 keeps hittin new lows...hope they got somethin at least interesting in the manga for the next season cuz this shit boring af
Feb 23, 2020 7:21 AM

Apr 2011
I love the part where they are prepping for the school festival. I cracked up when Aoyama was singing lmao. Quite surprised to find out that Bakugou had music lessons before xD

Jirou's singing voice is really good.

The rest of the ep is ok.

Feb 23, 2020 8:36 AM

Sep 2017
Lmao at breaking the fourth wall. Jiro singing in English was pretty weird. I'm almost certain it was a different VA so it was a little distracting.
Feb 23, 2020 1:13 PM

Aug 2018
Oooooh, Eri appearing in her casual clothes, so cute ! I can't wait to see her reactions discovering every part of life she missed while being under Overhaul's control.
Feb 23, 2020 2:55 PM

Mar 2019
nanimeanswhat said:
Gentle is climbing the steps to being my favourite BnHA villain with an incredible speed. He has motives. He's fabulous. And he's a true gentleman. That's what I call a nice villain.

Same, he's really different than any other villain that's introduced in BnHA, he's really charismatic.
Feb 23, 2020 4:33 PM

Sep 2015
This season seems to be so polarizing. People are either love it or hate it. Personally, i am enjoying it a lot. I laughed so much during this episodes, even Mineata -whom i hate as a character- was funny this time.
And Aoyama the disco ball!!!!!
Feb 23, 2020 4:51 PM

May 2013
crystalblade13 said:
personality flaw == bad character. Personality flaws make a character more human. Not confirming if your right or wrong though. I’m a manga reader, and I actually love this arc

if it turns out something unexpected than I'm okay with it
but now these two are that type of characters I can't stand to watch for longer than a few minutes, it's not exactly their problem (anyway, I don't want to complain about characters when the mangaka gave me All Might the best written hero-teacher-whatever EVER), simply don't like them so I don't wanna watch them
Feb 23, 2020 7:07 PM

Jan 2013
This new villain Gentle is very chill, i wonder what he will do in the school...
Damn, she sings really well, what a voice!

Damn! Deku will have long-range shots! And if he combines with his powers..oh boy!

Eri is so cute, hope nothing will happen to her.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 23, 2020 11:11 PM

Aug 2015
For a series that was listed as a solid 8 in my books, this is quite a downfall. I can't take this.
I wanna drop this so bad, but the only thing that is making me go trough is literally the last moment of this season when certain someone makes something cool.

From an 8 to a 3/10, basically.
Feb 24, 2020 8:49 AM

Nov 2014
Swagarot said:
ttcchen said:

yeah i mean gentle's fight will probably be good and your right about the conclusion of this arc i guess, but the overhaul arc was done better in the manga.
that i cannot help but agree
Feb 24, 2020 9:13 AM

Apr 2015
So, this past few episodes are filler, right?
Feb 24, 2020 10:21 AM

Jul 2019
fruits_punch95 said:

its mostly canon im pretty sure
Feb 24, 2020 11:23 AM

Apr 2014
Hatsuyuki said:
EckhartPilgrim said:

This whole season feels like a big filler though.

Right ? Hard to believe that there are 6 episodes left and nothing of relevance actually happened in this season.

A lot has happened, you're just not paying attention.

- League of Villains now has access to a weapon that can remove quirks
- Nighteye predicted that All Might will die soon (while Deku proved that it IS possible to change predictions)
- The heroes are now "in control" of a girl who has the power to "rewind" people
- Everybody else finished their licensing exams
- A new villain is trying to deconstruct what it means to be a hero and a villain (though honestly, he seems like another attempt at a Stain-like character)
- More development for a lot of characters

In a way, it reminds me of One Piece's Skypiea arc, where the main story is separate from everything else going on, but a lot of developments happen and concepts are introduced that will become important.
Feb 24, 2020 4:26 PM

Nov 2015
fruits_punch95 said:

Manga filler. Gentle is not even a important villain.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Feb 24, 2020 6:33 PM
May 2018
fruits_punch95 said:

Ещё как является. Он повлияет на развитие Мидории.
Feb 24, 2020 6:43 PM
Aug 2017
fruits_punch95 said:
Not at all. All of the material in the last few and upcoming episode are completely from the manga and do a great deal to develop characters and introduce new world building that will be very important later in the story.
Feb 24, 2020 7:38 PM

Oct 2008
EPIC fail Mineta trying guitar just because of his character design! BWAHAHA!
nice! Deku got very useful tips from All Might!
Gentle Criminal will be targeting UA! of course why not!?
and finally Eri visited UA! there's gotta be a lot of reunion! i wonder how would Eri interact with Bakugo & Tadokoro...hehehe
5/5.

nice singing voice of Kyouka Jirou!
matias067Feb 24, 2020 7:42 PM

Feb 24, 2020 9:06 PM

Nov 2015
ViktorZhukov2018 said:

нет, это наполнитель. и я не говорю по русски только английский! 😒
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Feb 25, 2020 12:33 AM
May 2018
ViktorZhukov2018 said:

ViktorZhukov2018 said:

Никакой это не филлер. Филлеры не влияют на развитие героев. Я хотел написать на английском, но потом решил написать на русском. Боюсь допустить ошибку.
Feb 25, 2020 5:53 AM

Nov 2015
ViktorZhukov2018 said:

Никакой это не филлер. Филлеры не влияют на развитие героев. Я хотел написать на английском, но потом решил написать на русском. Боюсь допустить ошибку.

это наполнитель. манга наполнитель! и я не говорю по-русски, только по-английски, поэтому я могу ошибиться

I’m a native English speaker. 😤
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Feb 25, 2020 7:37 AM

Dec 2018
It's crazy how I'm enjoying every single aspect of the show, I can't wait to hear Jiro's singing at the concert. I am completely looking forward to Gentle and La Brava breaking into UA, what this does is he's going to show that UA is in fact breakable so fix that mistake, which basically means UA will never be broken into by actual villians in the future.[I am not a manga reader, these are anime only theories!]. Eri is here, give this girl a Smile.
Feb 25, 2020 8:56 PM

Sep 2018
Mwahahaha I can't believe Bakugo can play drums xD I'm excited for their performance!!
Cutieee Eri, she will enjoy the festival now! Gentle Criminal seems harmless, he's funny than scary lol
Feb 26, 2020 1:54 AM

May 2018
Eri and La Brava are too cute
Feb 26, 2020 4:12 PM

Feb 2016
Valyrian1124 said:
Gentle reminds me a lot of Phantom Thief B from the Trails series. They are both jovial lunatic antagonists who really do their own thing, who want to revel in their own glory. They are capable of violence, but envision themselves as intellectuals.

Eh, Gentle is nowhere near Phantom Thief B, for starters, B is more stealthy and does riddles while Gentle doesn't. And last but not least, B is far way more likable than this wannabe.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 26, 2020 7:23 PM

Nov 2015
JustOppais said:
Old_School_Akira said:

это наполнитель. манга наполнитель! и я не говорю по-русски, только по-английски, поэтому я могу ошибиться

I’m a native English speaker. 😤
Filler? it's in the manga, since when did manga have filler? Gentle is one of the best written characters in mha. it doesn't matter if he's important or not.

Manga can have filler. Filler is stuff that is a waste of time, like this arc 😏
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
Apr 23, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.