Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 22, 2020 12:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gentle and La Brava are hilarious to watch. Mineta also provided some short but quality entertainment.

While the school is preparing for the festival, it looks like those two new villains have some bigger plans. That Kyoka singing scene though. She should sing more!
Feb 22, 2020 2:06 AM

Mar 2008
Mineta is so small he can't play a guitar and Mina promised him a harem to cheer him up. lmao

Jiro's singing was nice. I'm loving her more and more.

Then we got to see Deku learn some new tricks by controlling One for All better.

Plus Eri arrived at U.A..
Feb 22, 2020 2:11 AM

Sep 2018
Mineta breaking the 4th wall with his jokes :D

And All Might yelling Full Cowl( he is becoming a Deku fanboy :D)!
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 22, 2020 2:14 AM

May 2018
I laughed a lot because of Mineta this time. I love him :D!

I loved the All Might with Deku section. <3
Jiro's singing not so much... but it's ok

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Feb 22, 2020 2:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hahaha Mineta complaining about his character design xD the school festival is going to be great, and Eri at the end was cute
Feb 22, 2020 2:20 AM
Sep 2015
I hope they'll come up with a live school performance that surpass God Knows from Haruhi.

I always track the story progression with Deku's one for all percentage, which is 20% right now, so we've 80% more to go.

And look like Bakugou and Todoroki are being fully supportive of friend now, despite tsundere personality of Bakugou. And Todoroki doesn't even have tsundere except in front of his father and my husband Endeavor, he's completely tame in front of his friends.
Feb 22, 2020 2:51 AM

Jan 2009
wow that was a funny episode especially Bakugo and Mineta

while Deku will train to make long range attacks with air pressure
Feb 22, 2020 2:57 AM

Jun 2015
What is this crap, so many filler eps.
Feb 22, 2020 2:57 AM

Jun 2014
Poor Mineta, getting screwed over by his character design lol. Jiro has a nice singing voice and now that everyone has a role in the performance, I'm looking forward to seeing what they put together.

And Eri at the end......protect her at all costs ;_;
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 22, 2020 2:58 AM

Oct 2017
Jiro kawaiiii, she's been really cute in the last two episode. Lmao poor Mineta can't even reach the guitar. Also nice Eri has arrived, hope she enjoys the fest.
Feb 22, 2020 3:02 AM
Mar 2019
Light-Yagami-God said:

This aint even a filler episode. This is Manga material. THIS is the Story.
Feb 22, 2020 3:11 AM

Feb 2015
JeremiahBosswald said:
Light-Yagami-God said:

This whole season feels like a big filler though.
Feb 22, 2020 3:18 AM

Oct 2019
I'm surprised Jirou sang in English, that was kind of unexpected but still lots of fun. These last few episodes have just made me so happy for some reason, not to mention that op song slaps hard.

This was also the first ever episode where I was actually amused by Mineta
Feb 22, 2020 3:21 AM
Jan 2017
Did anyone else notice Gentle and La Brava in the OP, it feels like they just added that in.
Feb 22, 2020 3:38 AM

Oct 2017
The focus on the school festival preparation was great!
Feb 22, 2020 4:07 AM

Apr 2018
The school festival stuff seems boring af after all the nail-biting action we've gotten so far. Also I could care less about this gentle villain guy who seems like more of a clown than a villain.

Only redeeming part of this episode was All Might teaching Midoriya some new moves.

If this is all that we can expect to get in these last few episodes of the season, then I'm over it... Next season plz, I'm not interested in these boring developments.
Feb 22, 2020 4:41 AM

Aug 2013
I forgot what a hilarious character Mineta was. We need more of him.

Nice to see Eri at the end. SHe needs to enjoy the school festival.

Feb 22, 2020 4:58 AM

May 2019
Gentle is climbing the steps to being my favourite BnHA villain with an incredible speed. He has motives. He's fabulous. And he's a true gentleman. That's what I call a nice villain.

La Brava said the truest words about the League of Villains:
"They're wicked and gloomy! So unpleasant!"

Exactly. What annoys me the most is that Shigaraki has been riding on Stain's fame this whole time.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 22, 2020 5:02 AM

Feb 2011
EckhartPilgrim said:
JeremiahBosswald said:

Right ? Hard to believe that there are 6 episodes left and nothing of relevance actually happened in this season.
Feb 22, 2020 5:26 AM
Apr 2018
This is no filler episode. THIS IS THE STORY. THIS IS THE SCHOOL FESTIVAL ARC. IF YOU'RE JUST WATCHING THIS FOR THE FIGHTS, BETTER DROP IT ALREADY.
Feb 22, 2020 5:49 AM
Jun 2015
JeremiahBosswald said:
Light-Yagami-God said:

And it's pointless.
Feb 22, 2020 5:50 AM

Nov 2016
As someone who also enjoys regular slice of life/school/comedies, this is one of the best festival arcs and I honestly prefer it over some crap that's going to come after this. Just try to enjoy it for what it is folks.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 22, 2020 5:50 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I like the Gentleman Thief archetype so I'm curious to see what his big plans are regarding sneaking into UA during the cultural festival. Bakugo is starting to grow on me this season and watching play the drums was badass. Tokoyami playing the guitar was pretty cool too.
Feb 22, 2020 6:10 AM

Sep 2014
The best episode of heroaca in the past few weeks
Feb 22, 2020 6:16 AM

Feb 2014
Mineta got me laughing a lot in the episode and his funniest complaint was to break the 4th wall by blaming his character design for not being able to play a normal electric guitar. At least Mina was on hand to cheer him up by giving him the harem player role in the song's performance, though. =)

Jiro's got some talent. Great on the bass and guitar, but not only can she sing really nicely, but she even sung in English, which caught me a bit off-guard. She's always climbing up my favourite females for this show pretty quickly. =3

Gentle and La Brava aren't the most threatening villains we've seen, but they're one of the funniest ones so far. Their antics are amusing, but even then, you shouldn't underestimate their potential of making Gentle's goal of infiltrating U.A's security undetected a reality. Whether that'll happen, who knows.

Nice episode overall and I'm glad that Eri is able to visit U.A for real. Her outfit looks super cute! ^_^
Feb 22, 2020 6:27 AM

Nov 2016
People crying because some episodes have no fights, or because this arc isn't about fights and killing eachother against villains. Well,

Their tears are delicious.
Feb 22, 2020 6:28 AM

Mar 2019
Eri chan looked soo cute, can't to see her meet the gang..

Feb 22, 2020 6:56 AM

Mar 2019
Gentle and LA Brava were the best part of the episode. I wanna see Bakugo play more instruments!
Feb 22, 2020 6:57 AM

May 2015
Lol, got a lot of the typical "no action = boring/bad" whining in here.

Feb 22, 2020 6:59 AM
Jul 2018
Deku = dance group? xD I'm seriously concerned.

On a more serious note that epic speech made by Bakugo was enjoyable. Nice growth for the character.
Feb 22, 2020 7:22 AM

Oct 2018
this season is giving enough screen time to everyone , that is a good thing but I miss the action...
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 22, 2020 7:49 AM

Dec 2014
Decent episode.

Jirou's singing voice. :o
Am I the only who remembers La Brava originally being translated as Love Lover in the manga? XD

All Might and Deku stuff is always nice. :)
Feb 22, 2020 8:47 AM

Mar 2016
I don't know how but the episode was quite entertaining, I just hope the end of this arc in two more episodes so the story moves on.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 22, 2020 8:50 AM
Oct 2019
Hatsuyuki said:
EckhartPilgrim said:

Right ? Hard to believe that there are 6 episodes left and nothing of relevance actually happened in this season.

Let me get this straight, In a season where we have had mha's first character death as well as Hero death, been introduced to All might's death prophecy, got character development for Kirishima, Amajiki, Shigaraki and Mirio, had Mirio permanently lose his quirk, had Shigaraki obtaining the quirk erasure bullets and learn hierchial order in an organization while giving Deku an additional ideal on being a hero in Nighteye and Mirio, had deku learn a new fighting technique in air pressure, had kuroguri who is a major part of LOV being captured and introduction of Gigantomachia, had Eri introduced to the story nothing of relevance has happened? I think we define relevance differently.
Feb 22, 2020 8:57 AM

Feb 2011
A_Pli said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Let me get this straight, In a season where we have had mha's first character death as well as Hero death, been introduced to All might's death prophecy, got character development for Kirishima, Amajiki, Shigaraki and Mirio, had Mirio permanently lose his quirk, had Shigaraki obtaining the quirk erasure bullets and learn hierchial order in an organization while giving Deku an additional ideal on being a hero in Nighteye and Mirio, had deku learn a new fighting technique in air pressure, had kuroguri who is a major part of LOV being captured and introduction of Gigantomachia, had Eri introduced to the story nothing of relevance has happened? I think we define relevance differently.

What you fail to realize is that Horikoshi loves to introduce a large amount of easily disposable characters every arc just to never use them or develop them again in the future. It's the same with Nighteye, his death would have been so much more impactful if he was introduced at the beginning of the show, instead we've had like how many episodes with him ? 10 ? of which he barely had any screentime except when Deku wanted to join his company. Mirio ? idk personally wasn't too invested in the character, and his fight was presented as a slideshow so it was underwhelming. Wow deku learned to use air pressure ? Insane. I wonder what he's going to come up with next arc. Eri ? Couldn't care less about her. It's just a plot device and an emotional tool for the author. He told me that I should care about her instead of showing me why.
Feb 22, 2020 9:03 AM

Feb 2018
I want to see more Gentle and La Brava. Another "meh" episode outside those two.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Feb 22, 2020 9:09 AM

Oct 2015
Gentle and La Brava saved this episode too. Jiro's obvious not-her-voice-actress singing was a bit disconcerting but at least we're getting vocals.
Feb 22, 2020 9:11 AM

Nov 2019
Dope 5/5 episode
I cannot stand Mr. Gentle he is a waste of screen time and it irks me.
Bakugo is so damn lame lmfao I can't stand him sometimes.
Seeing Deku develop range attacks is gonna be so cool he's basically air bending.
Feb 22, 2020 9:32 AM
Oct 2019
Hatsuyuki said:
A_Pli said:

What you fail to realize is that Horikoshi loves to introduce a large amount of easily disposable characters every arc just to never use them or develop them again in the future. It's the same with Nighteye, his death would have been so much more impactful if he was introduced at the beginning of the show, instead we've had like how many episodes with him ? 10 ? of which he barely had any screentime except when Deku wanted to join his company. Mirio ? idk personally wasn't too invested in the character, and his fight was presented as a slideshow so it was underwhelming. Wow deku learned to use air pressure ? Insane. I wonder what he's going to come up with next arc. Eri ? Couldn't care less about her. It's just a plot device and an emotional tool for the author. He told me that I should care about her instead of showing me why.

Bro I follow MHA a lot so I do know plenty about Horikoshi's writing style. And your entire argument is based around saying that you didn't like it so it has no relevance? A proper introduction of character deaths in a series that hadn't had one till the 4th season has a lot of relevance. A character who was shown to have experience and a pretty OP quirk being neutralized by losing his quirk has relevance to the story. The MC learning a new fighting technique after going through two battles where his one tone fighting style an outcome of the consequences he suffered by damaging his arms has relevance to the story. These factors hold relevance whether you liked them or not.
If you're trying to say there wasn't much that interested you, phrase it as so instead of saying nothing of relevance happened, when as I mentioned a lot regarding relevance to the story did happen. Whether it impacted you or not is an entirely different thing.
Feb 22, 2020 9:39 AM

Feb 2011
A_Pli said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Bro I follow MHA a lot so I do know plenty about Horikoshi's writing style. And your entire argument is based around saying that you didn't like it so it has no relevance? A proper introduction of character deaths in a series that hadn't had one till the 4th season has a lot of relevance. A character who was shown to have experience and a pretty OP quirk being neutralized by losing his quirk has relevance to the story. The MC learning a new fighting technique after going through two battles where his one tone fighting style an outcome of the consequences he suffered by damaging his arms has relevance to the story. These factors hold relevance whether you liked them or not.
If you're trying to say there wasn't much that interested you, phrase it as so instead of saying nothing of relevance happened, when as I mentioned a lot regarding relevance to the story did happen. Whether it impacted you or not is an entirely different thing.

Well there seems to be quite a few people that agree with me so surely I am not the only one that feels this way. Just a pretty boring season overall, the hype of My Hero Aca is long gone.
Feb 22, 2020 9:47 AM
Oct 2019
Hatsuyuki said:
A_Pli said:

Well there seems to be quite a few people that agree with me so surely I am not the only one that feels this way. Just a pretty boring season overall, the hype of My Hero Aca is long gone.

Again this is whether or not, you and the other people enjoyed the season or not. There are plenty of people regarding this and I can understand that as everybody has their own taste and opinions as there are plenty who loved this season as well.
My point is this doesn't determine whether something of relevance has happened in the story or not, which is the point you made. Again it could just be mis-phrased. If you are just trying to say nothing that interested you in the story happened, I can fully understand that, it's your opinion. But as I previously mentioned a lot regarding relevance to the story has happened, so your original comment that nothing of relevance happened makes no sense.
Feb 22, 2020 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
another school event another villain about to attack it lol

but I'm excited to see how the school festival is gonna play out
Feb 22, 2020 10:28 AM

Sep 2013
A_Pli said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Again this is whether or not, you and the other people enjoyed the season or not. There are plenty of people regarding this and I can understand that as everybody has their own taste and opinions as there are plenty who loved this season as well.
My point is this doesn't determine whether something of relevance has happened in the story or not, which is the point you made. Again it could just be mis-phrased. If you are just trying to say nothing that interested you in the story happened, I can fully understand that, it's your opinion. But as I previously mentioned a lot regarding relevance to the story has happened, so your original comment that nothing of relevance happened makes no sense.

The notion that nobody enjoyed this season amazes me. My Hero has such a large fanbase that it's bound to have it's fair share of criticism, I can see where people are coming from with this recent arc but I've watched plenty of shonen and more often than not there would be an arc with downtime.

I feel like while there's a lot of people thst disliked it, there's also a lot more people that don't feel like vocalizing their opinion if they dide enjoy it.
Feb 22, 2020 10:34 AM
Feb 2018
Hatsuyuki said:
A_Pli said:

I think you're mixing up filler with slice of life. In the first half of the season, we get both the U.A. students and the League of Villains entangled into a secondary villain group's cause. They both come out of the experience with more development as a result. Aside from the animation in the first part, I don't believe many are criticizing that portion of the season.

This portion, however, is being criticized because it is supposedly filler, which despite what you believe it isn't. The point of 'filler' is to add entirely new material that isn't relevant to the overall story. You could probably consider this a filler if characters weren't getting development that would eventually play a factor in future seasons. For example, Endeavor left Todoroki's training courses with a better idea of how to be a top hero. If the audience didn't see that particular section, then it wouldn't make sense to bring him back in later volumes acting the way he did at the end of that particular section. There are times where characters get needed character development in this arc, but I think you get the picture. This arc might not peak the interest of certain people, but it wasn't Horikoshi's intent to write a meaningless section into the middle of the story. There will be importance to everything that happened in this season. We'll just have to wait and watch how this plays out.
Feb 22, 2020 10:47 AM

Mar 2010
Damn such a crazy good singing, diamond in the dust and now a brilliant character.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 22, 2020 10:58 AM

Jul 2019
honestly i kind of feel like the overall quality of the show has gone down a little bit idk exactly why,
i read up to the end of this season in the manga so i'll keep watching for 1 more fight that i hope they'll do right, overall i'd say you might be better off reading the manga for this season, this wasn't terrible but so far no fight scene really gave me the feeling i had in the previous season, this might be a first 7/10 for mha for me. i hope they'll do season 5 better.
Feb 22, 2020 12:17 PM

Apr 2012
chill episode but tbh, since i like Gentle AND Eri, i just dont want him to mess with her at the school festival, im gonna feel bad
Feb 22, 2020 12:20 PM

Aug 2017
I'm curious; why didn't they just get Kei Shindou (Kyouka's VA) to sing? Not hating on the singer they got at all; she did pretty well. Sounded jarringly different from her speaking voice though. I can hear Trina Nishimura sighing in relief that she won't have to re-create that since it was already in English.
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
REST IN PEACE KENTAROU MIURA
Feb 22, 2020 1:26 PM

Apr 2015
Gentle sure is a fresh take on a "villain", if you can call him that..

Poor Mineta, blaming his character design for not being able to play a guitar XD Nice 4th wall break there. Mention giving him a Harem and you'll have him back pretty damn easy.

Not gonna lie, I am pretty excited for this School Festival. The band is forming really nicely and I can't wait to hear what they will be playing. Bakugo for the drums, that will be sick! Jirou will get her moment to shine, which is better late than never. In my opinion, I like her character, but shame she's a supporting character.

Midoriya is taking his next step into controlling the full potential of the powers he inherited.

Eri looks adorable in those clothes!
Feb 22, 2020 1:29 PM

May 2015
OMG i hate Gentle and this little runt.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

465 by YeaGERIST01 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

158 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

233 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

225 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

128 by WolfWood37 »»
Mar 31, 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.