Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2020 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, it's about time they got another match going in this show. It felt like ages for some reason lol

The team has some internal issues regarding their strategy and attitudes. I honestly hope this won't be a regular thing or it could be a serious problem in the future. Ibuki may not be the best player but I trust that he can improve.
Feb 19, 2020 7:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lot of drama right now, I feel bad for them :/
Feb 19, 2020 7:16 AM

Oct 2009
I've said this already but I'm saying it again: the way they just shift the mood and atmosphere, without any sort of transition, is jarring. Worse still in this case, because it's not only what happens to someone, but what happens to the game as well and how that gets presented afterwards. And then what Sei says at the end... I dunno. It's like randomly taking U-turns, and in more than one aspect.
Feb 19, 2020 7:31 AM
Sep 2015
We get a little bit of shirtless scene, but the real sensual moment is the taping... ooh look at those condense muscles...

Also just in case if people don't know the reason Seiichirou doesn't want Natsusa to come to the match anymore is that Seiichirou get hard every time he see Natsusa, and that boner make his movement more stiff.
Feb 19, 2020 7:56 AM

Apr 2015
for a sports anime, there should really be more sports scenes > everything else, so i would say that the drama:sport ratio is heavily skewed, but im not complaining because i could care less about rugby lol. the foreshadow about sei's penalty kick 🥺🥺 omg,,the rugby gods are testing the limits of their childhood friend relationship. the fact that natsusa doesnt mess around with sei and him saying those hurtful words *chef kiss* drama at it's finest. i love yasunari's and natsu's relationship development!! as always, number24 delivers

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Feb 19, 2020 9:08 AM

Mar 2016
The episode felt weak. The opponents are cruel only because they're cruel. It kind of makes me not care about them enough to watch them get beaten.
Feb 19, 2020 1:48 PM

Jul 2017
I think this episode kinda highlights the main flaw with this show in that the production value is kinda weak. But other than that it was a pretty decent episode, shame there wasn't more sadistic Natsusa but oh well. childhood friend-kun took monotone to a whole new level
Feb 19, 2020 2:03 PM

Jan 2010
I honestly expected them to win at the end, but after that player gets injured, the cut away to the hospital and learning they lost the match was kind of annoying. I don;t know how college rugby works, but since they can't make it to nationals anymore, if there any point of them continuing to play matches? Then again this anime so far has focused less on the actual sport and more of the characters...which would be fine. Stars Align was kinda similar but I wasn't bothered by it.

Yet with number24, the drama feels way too forced. I mean what the hell is going on with Sei's character? When the anime started, I thought he'd have a more prominent role since he's so close with Natsu.

Yet Sei ended up being put on the back burner for a while after Ibuki and Yasunari became more of a focus in the episodes. It wasn't until ep6 when it was shown Sei can't make kicks anymore. So this episode ending with him telling Natsu not to come out to the matches anymore is so ?????? because we never saw any buildup of him having these negative feelings because of Natsu.

def found this to be one of the weaker episodes. I'll keep watching though and hope the next episodes get better.
Feb 19, 2020 3:29 PM

Jul 2017
The endless quirking of the internal conflict within the huge rugby team doesn't make things easier, and to add insult to injury, the set up for the manipulative opponents (which serve their purpose to be cruel just because (and that's just the usual cliché to infuse personalities into characters quick)).

While the match itself has turned into another battlefield of mentality, the rugby team is facing their own possible decimation. Ibuki's use of Japrish is just uncannily funny, but even that got stale quick. The overtly one-tone characters of Doushisha are quickly losing steam, and they need to regain their sidestep and fast (e.g. Sei who've got prominent screentime just to shoehorn his ability as the team's kicker).

On a side note, the former captain is one good character that only focuses on strengths and even takes matches as practice sets. But even so, not just accounting for a character's loss, the match itself was doomed for Natsusa and Co. from the beginning, and now even Natsusa is a liability? WHA is going on here?

Seems like a lot of misplaced steps are taken this episode, and it was a wild ride, albeit a very bumpy one. Kinda knew the forced drama would take this series by a landslide, but i did not expect to see this fall so hard this episode, it's like the plot (which already lost steam) is losing some more.
KANLen09Feb 19, 2020 3:36 PM
Feb 20, 2020 3:17 AM

Oct 2008
The ED visuals are so cute! especially the little ones when they were just kids! oh my!
5/5.

Feb 20, 2020 3:26 AM

Jul 2014
Didn't Sei make that third kick? I don't understand why he said Natsusa can't come to the games. Also, I wish they'd spent a little more time talking about the rules of rugby. All of the technical jargon makes it hard for me to understand what is happening in these games.
Feb 20, 2020 6:35 AM

Mar 2017
OMFG this episode was soooo frustrating. First, how the hell was the other team getting away with doing all that shit? Second, I'll kill those 2 dickheads who messed with my Yuu-chan. Third, what the fuck is Sei's problem?! He might not mean it but he's being so horrible to Natsusa!
Feb 20, 2020 8:54 AM

Apr 2009
I assume Sei is annoyed by Natsu not paying attention to him anymore much, hence the focus on the lack of messages from him in the previous episode.

Feb 20, 2020 1:42 PM
Jul 2013
Tbh i noticed that Natsusa was paying fuck all attention to Sei in the recent episodes so i expected that fall out lol The show emphasized that he is important in Natsu''s life yet where was he these past eps??? Was kinda mad that Natsu only cared about Sei when he was needed or to praise him that one time and i felt like he was highkey taking him for granted. Im not gonna justify Sei bc lmfao dropping that on ur friend without even trying to communicate with them? U are not kids lmao but Natsu was a meh friend to him these past eps.

oh and also they were supposed to be childhood friends and all that shit yet last week Natsu didnt even care if Sei was a starter? (the jersey numbers and messages stuff) That was rly jarring to me
Mika-taichoFeb 20, 2020 1:47 PM
Feb 20, 2020 5:08 PM

Jun 2014
That leg injury was most unfortunate, and the team lost in the process as well. The opposing team are the lowest of the low.

Sei believes that Natsusa being there is the reason that he can't kick right anymore. Could it be that Natsusa isn't actually giving him as much attention as he wants? The other team members have been good for Natsusa's health, something Sei wasn't able to do. I think that Sei is actually hurting inside, and doesn't want to talk about it.

Feb 21, 2020 3:06 AM

May 2019
RIP Sei - I wonder waht's got his kicking game so out of whack mentally

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 22, 2020 5:18 AM

Nov 2019
Can someone spoil me if the mc will ever play again coz this plot is just boring

phantomfandom said:
Also just in case if people don't know the reason Seiichirou doesn't want Natsusa to come to the match anymore is that Seiichirou get hard every time he see Natsusa, and that boner make his movement more stiff.

WTF LMFAO bruh
Feb 22, 2020 1:53 PM

Apr 2009
YggdraSEED said:
Can someone spoil me if the mc will ever play again coz this plot is just boring

phantomfandom said:

WTF LMFAO bruh

It's literally impossible for him to play again, also I don't think anyone here comes from the future lol.

Feb 22, 2020 9:59 PM

Nov 2019
Jin_uzuki said:
YggdraSEED said:

WTF LMFAO bruh

It's literally impossible for him to play again, also I don't think anyone here comes from the future lol.

do not see why not, he did practice with that guy who couldn't be him

at the highest level before yeah but now he can still play with limited minutes imo
Feb 23, 2020 7:34 PM

Nov 2019
jungsae said:
YggdraSEED said:

do not see why not, he did practice with that guy who couldn't be him

at the highest level before yeah but now he can still play with limited minutes imo

and he was literally bedridden after that, considered he pretty much just jumped around, and yasunari was as careful with him as possible. imagine if he gets tackled in a real game.

Didn't he stated that happens to him occasionally? Meaning it's not because of that practice, and I don't think he's that stupid to actually endangered himself over some minor yips

And with how the story is setting up them losing another player from injury, I can see him playing again to save his teams life
Feb 24, 2020 5:59 PM

Oct 2016
What an episode. A team of childish bullies, internal disagreements, a player getting injured and Sei making strange statements. Very college-like, as it should, but some of it is more suited to soccer than rugby. I understand a player got hurt but what the hell happened to the third half?

Nevertheless, I liked the episode. 3.5/5.
Feb 25, 2020 8:55 PM

Sep 2018
Ohhh?!! Their goal is Nationals?! <every sports anime goal> but hearing from them is shocking because I don't feel they're competitive. I watched this as slice of life, not as a sports. Another injured people :(

I love the ED, cutie Sei.
Feb 28, 2020 11:59 AM
Nov 2017
Loved this episode, the enemy team sure isn't holding back though how dare they...
I get why it felt so random how Sei just turned and said that stuff because of how stoic he is as a person.
I'm curious why exactly it is though. He always looks at Natsusa when he's the kicker and I wonder how Natsusa is gonna react to those "stay away and don't watch the matches from now on" attitude.. Is he gonna get mad? Sad?

Poor Takumi also :c
Apr 26, 2020 11:51 AM

Jul 2015
Quite a lot of drama, really expected them to make some big turnaround near the second half of the episode but by the looks of it it will take some time for them to play at their best

At least Taisei got a stern talk, hopefully he can now get a bit more along with Ibuki

Apr 4, 2021 7:01 PM
Mar 2021
We got to see another match and I liked seeing them play again. We saw someone get hurt which is realistic, I mean this is the world of sports for crying out loud someone is bound to have an injury. This is the first time that we really saw Sei fuck up in the series but thankfully he managed to score a point, but it is unfortunate that the team lost. I want more clarity on why Natsusa can't come to the games anymore though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » number24 Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2020

26 by OberonFelsach »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:11 PM

Poll: » number24 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

28 by WeebRaine »»
Oct 28, 2023 11:42 AM

Poll: » number24 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2020

54 by OberonFelsach »»
Apr 14, 2023 4:43 PM

Poll: » number24 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2020

15 by selenia13 »»
Apr 5, 2021 5:23 AM

Poll: » number24 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

18 by selenia13 »»
Apr 4, 2021 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.