Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2020 1:46 AM

Oct 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fat Pikachu is back you all. Satoshi finally lose his winning strick ever since becoming champion and he got beaten by Leon which is poetic, I'm sure we will them battling again in future. What are your thoughts on new mechanic? Honesty Its my least favorite one but I hope we see Galar region more.
Ri22rkFeb 16, 2020 4:09 AM
Feb 16, 2020 3:32 AM
Jul 2016
As expected, Ash lost.

For a Trainer utilizing speed in battles like Ash, Dynamax/Gigantamax must be really hard to use.

For now, Ash needs to get to Master Class in PokeLadder to challenge Leon again.

I'm glad Dragonite will have at least some roles in next episode instead of another hugging scene.

Btw, the new tweet from Anime Pokemon's Official Twitter after this episode gives a hint about the next Trainer Ash's going to face in order to reach Leon.
"'That person' who uses Dragon-Type Pokemon"
https://mobile.twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1228975051971497984
Feb 16, 2020 5:55 AM

Apr 2017
Because123 said:
As expected, Ash lost.

For a Trainer utilizing speed in battles like Ash, Dynamax/Gigantamax must be really hard to use.

For now, Ash needs to get to Master Class in PokeLadder to challenge Leon again.

I'm glad Dragonite will have at least some roles in next episode instead of another hugging scene.

Btw, the new tweet from Anime Pokemon's Official Twitter after this episode gives a hint about the next Trainer Ash's going to face in order to reach Leon.

Cynthia??? This would be hype
Feb 16, 2020 12:58 PM
May 2017
I would've wanted Ash to catch that Drednaw to finally have another Galar pokemon in cast. But it seems like TR will catch that Chewtle and it will have the Jessie's hair gag. That Skwovet was adorable! Pikachu being clumsy with G-max makes sense since it's his first time using it. So the battle was kinda v
boring. An allright episode. one of the weaker ones of this series so far though. Hearing SWSH game soundtrack was cool though. And the next episode looks awesome. and Yay Dragonite is finally getting used. And Gou is using a mon other than Scorbunny or Scyther
Feb 16, 2020 2:49 PM

Jul 2015
Fat Pikachu is back, ladies and gentlemen!

That was quite a fun episode! Lots of fun action and Ash being able to experience a 1v1 vs the new World Champion, I'm looking forward to a possible rematch near the end of the series.

Now Ash has a new objective to work for, I'm curious to see how it will be implemented in the series.
Feb 16, 2020 2:56 PM

Nov 2016
I was expecting to hear the PEE that Giga Pikachu makes, tbh it made me sad that they didn't use it. But then the music started playing and everything was fine.
Also, wow, we had last week shiny Gyarados and now we are going to see shiny Psyduck, and a raid in TESELIA? TESELIA REMAKE?
Teselia (Spanish) = Unova (English)
Feb 16, 2020 3:00 PM

Nov 2016
Because123 said:
As expected, Ash lost.

There are like 10 main game characters that use Dragon type Pokémon, and since they are going to Unova, my guess is Iris or that guy that I forget the name that is also the 8th leader but in the second game.
OR
Since it's going to be mainly a battle against Leon, maybe Raihan will appear.
Feb 16, 2020 3:20 PM

Sep 2011
Dande is just so cool that Satoshi couldn't help but to daydream about him while blushing after that wink. I mean, about having a battle with him of course. lol Welp, he has a clear goal now: to battle Dande once again in the finals of the Pokémon World Championships. Pikachu's Kyodaimax was cool too. So chubby! A glorious return indeed. xD I wonder if Team Rocket is going to keep that Kamukame...
Feb 16, 2020 4:17 PM

Feb 2014
Have Go play this ridiculous match, as if it wasn't enough make Lance looks like a fool, pathetic Ash had to make it double.
Feb 16, 2020 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
I’m sad that Ash lost his first battle in a long time, but I understand that the writers have to establish Leon as a powerful trainer. I’m also happy that Go caught a new Galar Pokemon, even though I hate the Skwovet line. Ash had a great battle with Leon, even though he was getting bitch slapped throughout most of the battle.
Feb 17, 2020 1:07 AM

Dec 2011
Well I expected Ash to lose so as to have a goal for the series and he is just a newbie to Daimax.
Feb 17, 2020 2:27 AM
May 2016
So they're ditching the regional Pokemon league AND the Gym Challenge from Sword and Shield in favour of a World Championship? Maybe if Ash wins this it will be the final series. I mean, there's not really much else to do after becoming the strongest trainer in the world, right? Probably why they'll come up with another bullshit reason for him to lose, even if he does make it all the way.

Also, Chonky Pikachu.

Also also, my BOY Golurk is in the next episode?!
Feb 17, 2020 4:49 AM

Oct 2017
Nice Pikachu's Gigantamax was pretty cool. Ash vs Leon battle was pretty good.
Feb 17, 2020 7:27 AM
Nov 2014
It was expected that Ash would lose. I remember how strong Cinthia's Garchomp was, and Dande is an even stronger Champion, meaning this Charizard is the strongest pokemon in the world, except for some legendaries. So of course it was going to overpower Pikachu, despite Pikachu himself also being stronger than average by a long shot.

But I'm glad to see Ash has a more clear goal for this series now. It has a lot of potential, we could see battles against very good trainers, Elite Four, maybe even Champions. It's also guaranteed that we'll see Dragonite on the action too, since Pikachu won't have every single battle. Hopefully he uses some reserves at some point too. Imagine him fighting with his Charizard or any of his older pokemon to reach the World Championship Finals. That would be so dope!
Feb 17, 2020 8:18 AM

Mar 2019
So Ash was able to Dynamax. Fat Pikachu was nice to see, of course Leon was going to win but it was nice to see Ash try.
Feb 17, 2020 7:11 PM

Jan 2017
I expected the outcome, but I didn't like it regardless. Let Ash shine after beating the Aloan League, Please.
Feb 18, 2020 12:47 PM

Jan 2016
Oof Ash hadn't have such a one-sided battle since Tobias and his legendaries xD But that's a good chance to meet people whom Ash lost in other competitions if he joins the World Championship as well as other strong trainers (regional Champions) :O And of course, his future rematch against Leon :P

THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 19, 2020 5:53 AM

Jul 2013
Fat Pikachu is back!

Anyway, still indifferent towards the whole Dynamax mechanic.
Feb 19, 2020 5:48 PM

Sep 2017
Fat Pikachu was awesome to witness

his first time turning huge, the bigger you are, the slower you become.
Feb 19, 2020 7:18 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
This episode kind of makes it feel like they're setting up Ash to win a rematch at the end of the season against champion Leon at which point he'll have the World Champion title and it'll make sense to finally have him pass on the main character mantle to Go since Ash will have finally accomplished his goal of becoming Pokemon Master (the fact he finally won a championship last season makes it seem like they may be willing to stop keeping him the perpetual loser). I mean I doubt this will happen, and even if they intend to do this I doubt they'll have the balls to stick with their decision; but it's interesting none the less.
Feb 20, 2020 8:17 PM
Mar 2019
Wow, where to start off. This episode was such a huge disappointment. I honestly can't take this shit seriously. FAT PIKACHU? Pikachu picking up his tail because he's to fat??? This isn't Pokemon.
What happened to the good battles? All that happens now is dull flashy battles that have no strategy. Can they please give Gou some character development before I lose my mind on how annoying he is
Apr 22, 2021 5:46 PM
Apr 2015
Why does ash continue to use pikachu for every battle ?? Dragonite would have been a much better match up , though he would still lose
Jul 15, 2021 4:38 PM

Jun 2015
The first time showcasing Pikachu Gigantamax was really underwhelming. There was no hype or build up... just suddenly becomes big chonky Pikachu. Disappointing.
Oct 5, 2021 7:08 AM

Dec 2007
pikachu gigantamax was great, again fat and cheesy like in 1st generation, but pikachu losing his speed is kind of let down, it's bring me back to 1st season battle against surge where it said pikachu advantage is his speed, if he doesn't have it he is in big disadvantage. wonder how ash going to work that out.

hasn't got to play pokemon sh/sw so i don't know how much the dinamax is being used and as what, but from what i had seen from videos it treated as mega evolution thingy, meaning, it's kinda pointless in some point. but i love to see that the anime is using the idea of dinamax and gigantamax the same good way that XY presented mega evolution, so far it's good.
User-NameOct 5, 2021 7:53 AM
Jan 24, 2022 6:34 AM

Aug 2017
i wonder if we can use z-moves? i would love to see a combination of mega evolution, z-moves and giga-something. not all in one pokemon but in different pokemon in a single full-on battle.
Aug 27, 2022 7:53 AM
Feb 2018
OMG GIGANTAMAX PIKA PIKA PIKA PIKA PIKA PIIIII !!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 5 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 15, 2019

36 by Hilskuuu »»
Apr 21, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 7 Discussion

Ri22rk - Dec 29, 2019

45 by leanrv »»
Mar 22, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Dec 22, 2019

51 by leanrv »»
Mar 19, 5:09 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ChirekachiMizu - Dec 16, 2022

60 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Pokemon (2019) Episode 135 Discussion

FlyingDunsparce - Dec 9, 2022

20 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.