Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2020 6:35 PM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was done nicely. Looking forward to the next episode!
Feb 8, 2020 6:37 PM
Apr 2016
That was certainly a... "different" episode. Feeling conflicted to be honest, since while she's evil and all, those guys were just ridiculously stupid—can't really take sides under these circumstances. That said, Boa is clearly the superior woman.
Feb 8, 2020 6:53 PM

Jan 2008
twoego said:
That was certainly a... "different" episode. Feeling conflicted to be honest, since while she's evil and all, those guys were just ridiculously stupid—can't really take sides under these circumstances. That said, Boa is clearly the superior woman.

Ridiculously stupid, but they too were evil. Evil tricking evil is still conflicting, definitely, but it's hard to say that they didn't also deserve what they got in the end.

I'd love for Oiran and Boa to meet. I want that beauty pageant filler episode.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 8, 2020 7:01 PM
Apr 2016
kevin_video said:
twoego said:

Ridiculously stupid, but they too were evil. Evil tricking evil is still conflicting, definitely, but it's hard to say that they didn't also deserve what they got in the end.

I'd love for Oiran and Boa to meet. I want that beauty pageant filler episode.
Might be too early to theorize, but I think there's more to their stupidity—what if she has a devil fruit that charms people? Felt slightly too strange for them to act that way... But I guess, maybe, in One Piece's world, she is just that beautiful to everyone.

And I do wonder as well, and maybe that will happen someday.
Feb 8, 2020 7:07 PM

Dec 2013
Caribou appearing in this arc is random...

Damn Komurasaki is ruthless to those old perverts!
Feb 8, 2020 9:26 PM

Jul 2016
G_Spark233 said:

Was his backstory a cover arc story?
Feb 8, 2020 9:32 PM

Sep 2010
I have a feeling she might not really be totally responsible for those scams. I bet the yakuza guy is making her do it.
Feb 8, 2020 10:58 PM

Oct 2017
Meh they changed some scenes and added more unnecessary scenes. These scenes will kinda lessen the impact of the revelation later imo. Okayish episode at best.
MegamiRemFeb 9, 2020 1:00 AM
Feb 8, 2020 11:50 PM

Apr 2016
it felt weird that they added scenes making the old guy look terrible, which I assume they did to make Komurasaki seem like less of a terrible person, but she still is acting pretty terrible so it just makes a weird situation where you start out hating both of them and have no one to root for.
this wasn't one of my favorite chapters in the manga, and it was kind of just made weirder by this episode.
Feb 9, 2020 12:41 AM

Jul 2015
If I were Luffy I would have given Carribou one punch in the face for bringing his nasty tongue near Luffy's face

So Komurasaki is a golddigger

Feb 9, 2020 3:12 AM

May 2018
This episode was quite bad. Komurasaki walking whole episode. She is the definition of con artist :D .If I was Luffy definitely would of hit Carribou with the pickaxe in the head ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2020 5:11 AM

Nov 2016
Komurasaki did nothing wrong.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 9, 2020 5:32 AM

Jul 2013
People are literally cheering for the most famous slut? And to think she's fugly, look at her busted Kardashian-like lips and big-ass eyes. And those gullible men are nothing but pathetic idiots. Anyway, I don't remember Caribou that much but just one look at that mofo and you know he's no good.

Edit: pretty sure that slut is actually "good" or at least she's a victim being used by that dude with a weird hairdo or whatever, as is foreshadowed by her treatment of that weird smiling kid despite her being late.
PrimeXFeb 9, 2020 5:35 AM
Feb 9, 2020 6:56 AM

Jul 2016
SamBlack said:
it felt weird that they added scenes making the old guy look terrible, which I assume they did to make Komurasaki seem like less of a terrible person, but she still is acting pretty terrible so it just makes a weird situation where you start out hating both of them and have no one to root for.
this wasn't one of my favorite chapters in the manga, and it was kind of just made weirder by this episode.

Same,i ended up hating both of them by the end.They only made Komurasaki seem more like an unlikeable gold digger with those added scenes since she only takes advantage of people for her own self-interest.So i kind of hate her more for taking advantage of the old guy and indirectly ruining his life even though it was also his fault for letting his impulses get the better of him.
SummerynFeb 9, 2020 6:59 AM
Feb 9, 2020 8:21 AM

Jul 2008
Hmm...evil people messing with other evil people is....evil?
Feb 9, 2020 9:04 AM

Jan 2015
I have the feeling that Komurasagi is forced to do it.
Feb 9, 2020 3:25 PM

May 2014
Funny to watch that old man's stupidity. How stupid can one get. Komurasaki is like a men burglar, hahaha.
, but God damn she is beauty. Wow, she is more beautiful than most characters we have seen. She is main heroine in this arc., so it makes sense. At the same level as the princess of Sea, Shirahoshi. Cool average ep. The old man's story got 2/3 of the ep. LOL

I am really amazed how Luffy recognize old characters nowadays. He hasn't seen Caribou since Fisherman-Island and he recognized him right away. I am amazed. Sad Oda doesn't play the "Who are you?" joke. And yes, I agree that they ruined an excellent chance for adaption of a Caribou side story with an interesting plot. This ep. should have come before the beginning of the 2nd arc of Wano. Instead we got this, heh.

Next time, we gonna see more Zoro. That's gonna be interesting.
mangalicker94Feb 9, 2020 3:43 PM
Feb 9, 2020 3:38 PM

May 2014
ErnaSB said:
I have the feeling that Komurasagi is forced to do it.

U make an excellent point
Feb 9, 2020 3:43 PM

May 2014
Vindicater said:
G_Spark233 said:

Was his backstory a cover arc story?

Yep, I think so. They ruined an excellent chance for adaption of a side story with an interesting story. This ep. should have come before the beginning of the 2nd arc of Wano.
Feb 9, 2020 4:12 PM

Jul 2013
Caribous appearance and his "little" backstory really felt kinda random. At least now we got a little explanation how he landed in Wano. I'm astonished Luffy still knew his name.

About the rest of the episode I have mixed feelings. These old guys were so blind of love that they sold everything they had. That's pretty stupid but sadly this also happens in real life. Sometimes as a man you have to watch out :D

You could think Komurasaki is an evil person but I doubt that. With people like Orochi and this Kyoshiro guy around her it feels more like she has no other choice.

Nonetheless she's definitely one of the most beautiful characters I have seen so far in OP. No wonder that even Usopp and Franky had an reaction a la Sanji haha.

Next episode finally something from Zoro again. Can't wait for it.

Feb 9, 2020 6:51 PM

Nov 2008
The animation style for the Oiran part of this episode and the previous episode reminded me a LOT of what Mamoru Oshii used to do with Urusei Yatsura.

Speaking of the Oiran, one would almost think that Wano deserves Kaido...
Feb 9, 2020 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
Komurasaki is the highest-ranking prostitute in the whole region. One would think a person of her privilege, beauty, and youth would allow her to choose literally anyone to spend some quality time with. But she went for an elderly guy who appears to be in his 60's, and all of a sudden she starts spouting nonsensical stuff about living happily ever after with him? These gentlemen were a bit too eager. By that, I meant they are flat-out dumb. Obviously, they deserve it. From the look of things, they're clearly corrupt. They even sold out their families. That's disgusting. And now they're reduced to this pathetic, sorry state.

As for her, she is quite the gold digger, isn't she? I have no idea what her circumstances are or what they entail, neither do I know her reasons for viciously bankrupting the Wano nobles. But from her seemingly dislike of the poor and her views regarding males, she is no saint either. She is pretty, I will give her that much.

I am curious to see what Caribou will bring to the table soon. He seems like he will play a vital role in the impending jailbreak with his knowledge about the ins and outs of the mine prison.
Feb 10, 2020 6:04 AM

Feb 2013
She's an awful woman but I don't feel bad about those guys either.
Feb 10, 2020 9:20 AM

Aug 2018
Great Episode as always,
Feb 10, 2020 12:23 PM

Aug 2016
Hiyori will always be a gold digger to me, no matter what reasoning they threw at me so far I just really don't like her.
Feb 10, 2020 3:24 PM
Sep 2018
The simp episode, what else must I say.
Feb 10, 2020 5:37 PM
Jan 2020
She only robbed those three guys because they were evil and she was able to manipulate them to justice.
Feb 16, 2020 8:06 AM

Apr 2013
As a general world rule in One Piece, the beautiful "princess" of a country is always a good person and will sooner or later become an ally to the strawhats, calling it now. Next episode looks pretty filerish?
Feb 21, 2020 9:42 AM

Nov 2019
Dope 5/5 episode
Komu really played those simps it's pretty funny and it's clear how much of a bad bitch she is BUT she is NOWHERE NEAR Boa Hancock not even CLOSE!!!
Feb 23, 2020 7:30 PM

Dec 2019
Damn imagine giving everything to get laughed at later but they kinda deserved it, komurasaki is one evil woman but its expected, im pretty sure she was forced to do it tho idk.
                                                         đź–¤   

Feb 29, 2020 10:58 AM

Oct 2017
I definitely prefer always Boa, but this bitch Kumurasaki's style it's pretty enjoyable, those shit men deserved everything, they just found their own disgrace due to being such a perverts. I loved the feeling of 'stays waiting' see her face till end.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Mar 23, 2020 3:07 PM

Feb 2015
Komurasaki is such a beautiful woman. For what I read, a courtesan was a kind of high-ranking prostitute, women trained to give sexual pleasure and being able to have sophisticated discussions, especially reserved for powerful, wealthy and influential people. What a surprise, well, there’s a life in her background. Caribou always seemed like a stupid person, I thought that he was the guy eating fishes.
Mar 23, 2020 7:13 PM

Oct 2016
MGTOW feelings...

Apr 23, 2020 12:31 PM
Jun 2015
Komurasaki really conned those old men into giving her all their money.
Apr 24, 2020 10:10 AM

Mar 2010
This bitch was worse than a gold digger, she sucked them dry until submission.

She was probably the greatest scam artist to live ffs those guys fooled themselves trusting a wahmen with money. As much as I feel for them they kinda deserved it.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
Koito91Sep 9, 2020 12:47 PM

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 10, 2020 1:52 PM
May 2020
Pretty good, but they didn't really do a good job at putting the wool over our eyes in regards to make us sympathetic to Bingo-san. Also, not having that scene where Momonosuke tells O-tama that he has a little sister at the end... I don't know if leaving out that clue was a smart move... even if you are going to include it later..
Sep 8, 2020 8:55 PM

Jun 2016
I have a sneaking suspicion that Komurasaki is actually a good person. It's an age old story, this exact thing happens in Shinjuku Swan with a hostess in modern Japan. What I find interesting about this however, is if we assume that she's a Nami-like person, making money for a good cause, surrounded by hooligans, there is one important detail. While yes, the men she robbed were dirtbags like Nami would rob pirates, those men got the money directly from the innocents to her. She has dirty money from extorting the struggling by direct proxy. The fact that we made sure to see the loan shark old man ruining lives while he ruined his own, it doesn't make this an easy 'she was good all along' story. It makes it appear much more gray or even black, one baddie extorting another.

That nuance was what had me interested during this episode! I thought it was an interesting choice to make everyone involved seem like a dirtbag when it could have so easily made Komurasaki seem ""secretly"" good.

So when's the beauty contest between Shirohoshi, Komurasaki, and Hancock?

1Konochi said:
Also, not having that scene where Momonosuke tells O-tama that he has a little sister at the end... I don't know if leaving out that clue was a smart move... even if you are going to include it later..

gfsdfgsdgsdfgsSep 18, 2020 6:38 PM
Sep 18, 2020 6:32 PM
May 2020
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that Komurasaki is actually a good person. It's an age old story, this exact thing happens in Shinjuku Swan with a hostess in modern Japan. What I find interesting about this however, is if we assume that she's a Nami-like person, making money for a good cause, surrounded by hooligans, there is one important detail. While yes, the men she robbed were dirtbags like Nami would rob pirates, those men got the money from the innocents. She has dirty money from extorting the struggling by proxy. The fact that we made sure to see the loan shark old man ruining lives while he ruined his own, it doesn't make this an easy 'she was good all along' story. It makes it appear much more gray or even black, one baddie extorting another.

That nuance was what had me interested during this episode! I thought it was an interesting choice to make everyone involved seem like a dirtbag when it could have so easily made Komurasaki seem ""secretly"" good.

So when's the beauty contest between Shirohoshi, Komurasaki, and Hancock?

1Konochi said:
Also, not having that scene where Momonosuke tells O-tama that he has a little sister at the end... I don't know if leaving out that clue was a smart move... even if you are going to include it later..

Oops, I have been watching chapter reviews on YouTube and now I keep forgetting that I know stuff beforehand and shouldn't spoil it for people.
Sep 20, 2020 6:16 AM

Mar 2020
Komurasaki... damn what a bit*h
Sep 24, 2020 11:04 PM

May 2016
She was not that beautiful as they claimed her to be.
Boa is still sits on the top for me.
Nov 9, 2020 4:22 AM

Mar 2015
I agree, Boa is still the most beautiful but she ain't bad! I loved seeing those men get theirs though!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 5, 2021 1:40 PM

Dec 2012
What an idiot lol. Deserved xD

Jan 26, 2021 12:38 AM

Mar 2016
I thought Orochi would have a screechy old man's voice, turns out he got a pretty badass deep old man's voice. Still a piece of shit though.

Speaking of a piece of shit, you may call Komurasaki one for what she's done to these poor old simps. Moral of the story; don't dream too high when it requires you to pay out huge sums of money for a vague objective. These 3 men who are reduced to nothing but poor and sick beggars got what was coming for them, such stupidity brings them this calamity for their lives, being stripped of their wealth and status along with their homes and relationships.

Now speaking of Komurasaki, she's a beauty alright, beautiful enough for many to consider her pure and innocent. While I know that top oirans are pure physically, she's not innocent by any means. Although...

Jun 15, 2021 12:03 AM
Jan 2015
This is like Robin Hood in a samurai/ninja sort of way. Kyoshiro and Komurasaki are giving the greedy jerks, their own "just desserts," in spades!
Jul 1, 2021 8:34 PM
Nov 2019
Caribou has sure lived an interesting life. I wonder how he'll fare in this whole prison situation with Luffy n Kidd.
Sep 6, 2021 6:34 AM

Jun 2019
Idk how I feel about Komurasaki. She ain't that cute or anything. With that saying, it could change in a minute.
Sep 8, 2021 11:12 AM

Aug 2021
Both Komurasaki and the old man were evil and negative characters
Sep 18, 2021 3:54 PM

Sep 2015

Wow Caribou was very very creepy towards Luffy, I felt uneasy

The old man is completely de-voided from himself, sacrificing health,time, property, family and everything just to get scammed
I don't feel bad for him, becaause he is not honest about his situation and does not know how to manage his money while putting everyone else down.

I'm not a fan of Komurasaki smoking either, shes pretty but has a frozen heart

Never knew Ussop could get fascinated by beauty haha xD
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 2, 2022 1:42 PM

Dec 2012
Play simp games win simp prizes. I'm actually liking Komurasaki's manipulative taunting - it reminds me of Hancock. I get the feeling it's a facade anyway, considering how nicely she treated Otoko for being late. At the end of the day, she really is just taking out the trash aka loan sharks & gangsters who think they can buy women's hearts.
Oct 5, 2022 7:48 AM
Jan 2021
the pacing is waaaaaay too slow on this one
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 409 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 11, 2009

71 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 408 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 4, 2009

141 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.