Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2020 12:27 AM

Nov 2012
Connortit said:
Sarteck said:
The number of people that gave it a 10/10 is there.

It doesn't seem to break down by score who watched all episodes, just that 3400 out of 56000 "completed" it.

Incidentally, that 3400 isn't 50% of the 20000 who rated it 10.

I think your math is off?

at the bottom of the page where is says recently updated by then has your friends change it to all members
Mm'kay, I see there, but that still doesn't really counter what I stated about your math being off. Unless you're estimating by the first page or two? Still, math's off.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 12:30 AM
Mar 2018
Sarteck said:
Connortit said:

at the bottom of the page where is says recently updated by then has your friends change it to all members
Mm'kay, I see there, but that still doesn't really counter what I stated about your math being off. Unless you're estimating by the first page or two? Still, math's off.

yea it was just a estimate based on 10 pages or so but that doesn't defeat the purpose that there most certainly is bot accounts being made that just put it as 12/12 or plan to watch though the plan to watch dosent really bother me because once the series finishes they wont count
Feb 6, 2020 12:34 AM

Nov 2012
Connortit said:
Sarteck said:

yea it was just a estimate based on 10 pages or so but that doesn't defeat the purpose that there most certainly is bot accounts being made that just put it as 12/12 or plan to watch though the plan to watch dosent really bother me because once the series finishes they wont count
Nah, like I said, that doesn't make 'em bot accounts at all. There's really nothing to say that they didn't watch it, and it doesn't really make sense that they wouldn't.

Nux is a YouTuber that talks about anime. His fans are his fans because they like anime. They tend to like the same types of anime Nux does, since that's what he likes talking about and what drew him crowds in the first place. To make a claim that they wouldn't watch an anime they liked.... Well, it's kind of far-fetched.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some maybe did, but I'd suspect they're an outlier. Nux's fans are his fans because they like anime.

EDIT: But I get you on the math thing, no biggie. I just thought I was actually missing something there.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 12:37 AM

Mar 2015
Anymore? Can you tell me when MAL scores were ever relevant?

This is great though. I can't wait to see the purist FMAB stans go crazy as a borderline hentai surpasses their beloved show.
Feb 6, 2020 12:37 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sarteck said:
HaXXspetten said:
Since people use things such as score and reviews among other things as a basis for deciding whether or not they want to try watching an anime or not, having any of those factors be completely misleading and irrelevant will thus only serve to provide less useful information to potential new viewers. Hence it's losing credibility in the sense that the score is no longer a reliable value that can be of any help to people

I disagree that the new score is irrelevant, but want instead to focus on this.

Who in their right minds uses MAL score to determine whether to watch an anime or not?
Lots of people. That's ultimately its main purpose after all: to provide a generalized idea of whether the show is good or not in the eyes of the public. Of course that doesn't mean that's the only thing worth taking into account but assuming that it doesn't mean anything is very naïve

If you want a simple example: if you were to randomly pick 10 high rated shows and 10 low rated shows, I can pretty much guarantee that you would enjoy more shows from the former group than the latter one. Even if exceptions will naturally occur, on average it is still the truth for basically everyone except people with the most hipster of tastes. So yes, it definitely does matter
Feb 6, 2020 12:39 AM
Mar 2018
Sarteck said:
Connortit said:

Nah, like I said, that doesn't make 'em bot accounts at all. There's really nothing to say that they didn't watch it, and it doesn't really make sense that they wouldn't.

Nux is a YouTuber that talks about anime. His fans are his fans because they like anime. They tend to like the same types of anime Nux does, since that's what he likes talking about and what drew him crowds in the first place. To make a claim that they wouldn't watch an anime they liked.... Well, it's kind of far-fetched.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some maybe did, but I'd suspect they're an outlier. Nux's fans are his fans because they like anime.

EDIT: But I get you on the math thing, no biggie. I just thought I was actually missing something there.

if they werent accounts that are purposely trying to boost the score why would there be so many that have just created account and put it as completed why not the amount of eps they have seen, there are many people that have the eps they have watched and rated it 10 which is completely fine they can like it i no i do
Feb 6, 2020 12:44 AM

Jan 2019
i smell gigguk videos about this anime in far far away...
Feb 6, 2020 12:46 AM

Feb 2020
I scanned over the thread and I'll say this:

While I made this account recently encouraged by part by Nux, I have been following Interspecies Reviewers since the day of it's release.

The show has always been funny to me, a good parody on hentai tropes. Frankly, even without Nux's encouragement I would have likely given it a nine.

Now with Funimation's actions I felt it deserved one more point to a ten as a bit of a rebellion, and perhaps make Funimation realize this is a show the people really want to watch legally.

As for the Full Metal Alchemist fans downvoting none Full Metal that hits the number one spot, is that an issue this site has? If so, holy heck.
Feb 6, 2020 12:50 AM
Mar 2018
ChaoticHaru said:
I scanned over the thread and I'll say this:

While I made this account recently encouraged by part by Nux, I have been following Interspecies Reviewers since the day of it's release.

The show has always been funny to me, a good parody on hentai tropes. Frankly, even without Nux's encouragement I would have likely given it a nine.

Now with Funimation's actions I felt it deserved one more point to a ten as a bit of a rebellion, and perhaps make Funimation realize this is a show the people really want to watch legally.

As for the Full Metal Alchemist fans downvoting none Full Metal that hits the number one spot, is that an issue this site has? If so, holy heck.

yea sadly it is true FMA fans on here are the worst but to be fair there are a lot of top shows that have fans that down vote other shows so that they have a higher score because that matters apparently
Feb 6, 2020 12:54 AM

Feb 2020
Connortit said:

yea sadly it is true FMA fans on here are the worst but to be fair there are a lot of top shows that have fans that down vote other shows so that they have a higher score because that matters apparently

A big F to that. It sounds like MAL has bigger issues than a bunch of people trying to stand up to Funimation by upvoting one show for potentially a short period of time, especially if the FMA thing is an ongoing problem.
Feb 6, 2020 12:54 AM

Jul 2013
I see, MAL users are men of culture.
Feb 6, 2020 12:55 AM

Nov 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Sarteck said:

I disagree that the new score is irrelevant, but want instead to focus on this.

Who in their right minds uses MAL score to determine whether to watch an anime or not?
Lots of people. That's ultimately its main purpose after all: to provide a generalized idea of whether the show is good or not in the eyes of the public. Of course that doesn't mean that's the only thing worth taking into account but assuming that it doesn't mean anything is very naïve

If you want a simple example: if you were to randomly pick 10 high rated shows and 10 low rated shows, I can pretty much guarantee that you would enjoy more shows from the former group than the latter one. Even if exceptions will naturally occur, on average it is still the truth for basically everyone except people with the most hipster of tastes. So yes, it definitely does matter

I don't think many people take into account MAL score when deciding on whether or not to start an anime. If they do, it would take such an underwhelming precedence under pretty much anything and everything else, including promotional art, user reviews, genre, etc. that it pretty much wouldn't matter.

I completely agree that people would tend to like higher-rated shows, but that's not a factor used in determining whether to watch.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 12:58 AM

Nov 2012
Connortit said:
Sarteck said:

if they werent accounts that are purposely trying to boost the score why would there be so many that have just created account and put it as completed why not the amount of eps they have seen, there are many people that have the eps they have watched and rated it 10 which is completely fine they can like it i no i do
Again, just because they want to "boost the score," it doesn't mean they didn't watch it. Yes, even if they ticked "completed."
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 12:58 AM

May 2019
Nux fucking started this, and is probably laughing his ass off right now. What a madlad!!

Feb 6, 2020 12:59 AM

May 2019
cl_skinnyguy said:
i smell gigguk videos about this anime in far far away...

Lol I'm excited for that shit

Feb 6, 2020 1:00 AM
Mar 2018
Sarteck said:
HaXXspetten said:

I don't think many people take into account MAL score when deciding on whether or not to start an anime. If they do, it would take such an underwhelming precedence under pretty much anything and everything else, including promotional art, user reviews, genre, etc. that it pretty much wouldn't matter.

I completely agree that people would tend to like higher-rated shows, but that's not a factor used in determining whether to watch.

i think it is absolutely used for people to find some shows to watch i no i definitely do use it to find shows that are less popular but are rated high like monster and assassination classroom got me to watch them and now they are both in my top 10
Feb 6, 2020 1:01 AM
Feb 2020
fuckingweeb32 said:
Nux fucking started this, and is probably laughing his ass off right now. What a madlad!!

In a way, yes...in a way no. Probably more yes than no, but I am sure there's plenty like myself who would've given it that 10 even where it not for Nux.
Feb 6, 2020 1:05 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sarteck said:
HaXXspetten said:

For people that have watched hundreds of anime it's probably not as important, but for people that are still relatively new to anime it's a big deal. When you still don't know much about the medium and what shows there are out there, probably not even what types of shows you'll find yourself liking or not in general yet due to having little to no experience then the only real thing you have to go off is other people's recommendations and public opinion. Hence why new anime fans tend to just pick shows from the top list a lot of the time when they're starting to get into the medium because that's the safest approach they know
Feb 6, 2020 1:08 AM

Oct 2018
Come on boiz, it's #4 now, we are so close!
Too bad the top anime page doesn't even update. It only does like once a month, which is a joke.
-Aincrad-Feb 6, 2020 1:20 AM
Feb 6, 2020 1:13 AM

Mar 2013
Even more so than the spam accounts, NuxTaku himself MUST be banned for this. Anything less would be an insult to the rest of the userbase.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2020 1:15 AM
May 2019
Nux the memelord has spoken🤣
I'm not gonna lie this show being number 1 is going to be genuinely funny.
What's going to be even more funny are reactions of all the fanboys and people who are so obsessed over something so meaningless and irrelevant as scores, we may witness a new great tard war again LoL
Feb 6, 2020 1:15 AM

Aug 2018
Together,we can top those FMAtards,never surrender boys
Feb 6, 2020 1:20 AM

Nov 2012
Xstasy said:
What's going to be even more funny are reactions of all the fanboys and people who are so obsessed over something so meaningless and irrelevant as scores, we may witness a new great tard war again LoL
Will there really be that big a reaction?
It can't be on any of the "Top Anime" pages since it's rated R+, right? So will those fans even know?
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 1:23 AM

Oct 2018
Sarteck said:
Xstasy said:
It can't be on any of the "Top Anime" pages since it's rated R+, right? So will those fans even know?

R+ rated titles are included.
Rx rated ones are the ones excluded(basically hentai).
Feb 6, 2020 1:25 AM
Sep 2016
All the normies being anituber puppets...Sure it's sad and pathetic but what's new?
JudoJDFeb 6, 2020 1:38 AM
1.1.Six
Feb 6, 2020 1:26 AM

Oct 2019
Massive Flex

Go Beyond Interspecies Reviewers and surpass Brotherhood.
Feb 6, 2020 1:32 AM
Feb 2020
cyruz said:
Themousen said:
Thanks to Nux, this anime will be legendary (well, it is already...)

In a week, Ishuzoku Reviewers will take the #1 spot from FMAB, I'm sure of it

I really hope everyone partaking in this will be successful enough to at some point be in a position where they have to waste their precious time dealing with something like this.

To exist just to make the lives of other people more difficult is truly the pinnacle for some people in the anime community. Big thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Why is any reaction needed? You had to what? Accept new accounts driven to your site? Raise your ad rates? Cry me a river.
Feb 6, 2020 1:34 AM

Nov 2012
-Aincrad- said:
Sarteck said:

R+ rated titles are included.
Rx rated ones are the ones excluded(basically hentai).
Oh, I see... When do the lists update?
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 1:41 AM

Feb 2019
Holy shit I'm surprised this hasn't been locked yet. But, MAL scores have NEVER been relevant. The site is really a joke, shows like Tate no Yuusha have an 8.2, don't get me wrong, I love the source material, but the anime butchered it. While shows like Granbelm, Shinchou Yuusha, Gridman, etc have below an 8? SAO war of Underworld has below an 8, which is lower than TNY as well.

There's a lot of circle jerking, recency bias and vote manipulation on this site. I don't take anything seriously here except interacting with my private clubs, writing reviews(then having them removed) and discussion threads. The stats here are garbage and usually not indicative of the anime community. For example, go on Twitter and Facebook and see how many people talk about Bofuri or Eizouken, not many(outside of JP Twitter/SM). Yet, here you would think those shows are hugely popular.

Conversely, series like Black Clover which get shit on on reddit and MAL are extremely popular on Twitter and FB and trend consistently on JP twitter. FGO babylonia is another example of a show like that.

TL;DR They have never been relevant and never will be, unfortunately MAL has basically no comp in this market other than anilist.
Feb 6, 2020 1:50 AM
Aug 2013
Kobayasan said:
MAL score was never relevant

part 3 maybe even part 4

I agree with this, the MAL score was never relevant and now that youtubers have control over the scores and popularity they can sway a rating in what ever direction they want just by making videos about it. Not hating like good for them I never really cared much about the ratings anyway some of my favourite anime are only rated a 6 on MAL
~AnimeDownUnder~

Feb 6, 2020 1:52 AM

Oct 2018
Alright guys, it's officially #4 now, it's on the toplist!

Now boomers and uncultured people will surely down vote the sh*t out of it, but don't stop!

This must be #1
Feb 6, 2020 1:52 AM
Feb 2020

"I really hope everyone partaking in this will be successful enough to at some point be in a position where they have to waste their precious time dealing with something like this."

See this right here is the real problem.

im human, i have a real job, and real life...

I want MY content...

Dumbarse losers like this want to gate keep and tell me what i can and cant see or say... go Eff yourself...

How bout you look at how you spend your time and a lolMOD...

To exist just to make the lives of other people more difficult is truly the pinnacle for some people in the anime community. Big thanks from the bottom of my heart.[/quote]
Feb 6, 2020 1:59 AM

Feb 2010
Is it surprising? MAL rating is always a joke and proven to be easily bombed,well take a look at Chihayafuru 3

this anime is 9,03 now...? (i don't even know the name of this anime) it's a timeless masterpiece! congratz.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Feb 6, 2020 2:01 AM

Nov 2012
-Aincrad- said:
Now boomers and uncultured people will surely down vote the sh*t out of it,

I am more or less both of these but still gave it a 10.
(Well, only "boomer" because zoomers think anything over 30 is "boomer.")
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 2:05 AM

Aug 2018
Marinate1016 said:
Holy shit I'm surprised this hasn't been locked yet. But, MAL scores have NEVER been relevant. The site is really a joke, shows like Tate no Yuusha have an 8.2, don't get me wrong, I love the source material, but the anime butchered it. While shows like Granbelm, Shinchou Yuusha, Gridman, etc have below an 8? SAO war of Underworld has below an 8, which is lower than TNY as well.

There's a lot of circle jerking, recency bias and vote manipulation on this site. I don't take anything seriously here except interacting with my private clubs, writing reviews(then having them removed) and discussion threads. The stats here are garbage and usually not indicative of the anime community. For example, go on Twitter and Facebook and see how many people talk about Bofuri or Eizouken, not many(outside of JP Twitter/SM). Yet, here you would think those shows are hugely popular.

Conversely, series like Black Clover which get shit on on reddit and MAL are extremely popular on Twitter and FB and trend consistently on JP twitter. FGO babylonia is another example of a show like that.

TL;DR They have never been relevant and never will be, unfortunately MAL has basically no comp in this market other than anilist.

This is why I argue there really isn't an anime community, but rather a bunch of communities with little to not contact with each other, this is how jojo won as the most favourited anime of all time on the r/animemes survey, how black clover gets a ton of hate on mal but is still widely loved almost anywhere else, why some shows are super hyped and talked about while barely having numbers on mal and why a lot of people I know don't even watch the same animes as I do

There isn't an anime community, theres a mal and anilist communities, most popular animes have their own communities as well, and there are also communities based on genres from shounen fans to seinen to fantasy or slice of life, from old animes to new, so you can't really get a representation of all anime viewers

Edit: on a side note cant wait till it passed Fmab, its gonna be interesting to see the the score on the anime and how 99% of the them will either be 1 or 10
yotiFeb 6, 2020 2:44 AM
Feb 6, 2020 2:16 AM

May 2009
Airing shows should be on separate list. It would calmed kiddies on both sides.
Feb 6, 2020 2:21 AM

Dec 2018
Honestly I can get behind this being number 1
Feb 6, 2020 2:21 AM

Aug 2015
The thing is I really feel bad for this show.Like I was looking forward to see, if this manages to claw it's way up to a 8. Score, but now with all the vote manipulation these human bots took that away. Heck some of these haven't even watched it and gave it a 10/10. Ofc. Mal scores are never the most reliable, but this is just sad.
Also I still don't get how rating up an anime on MAL will affect Funimation.
But yeah keep laughing about the fact that you make people that never did anything bad to you angry. You are no better then the folks at Funimation.
Feb 6, 2020 2:22 AM
Dec 2016
Not even a nux fan, just reminded me to rate.
Feb 6, 2020 2:27 AM
Feb 2020
All people raging about IR score are just making this flex better, Yes i came from Nux, but i gave it a genuine 10 and i intend to stay and use this site for it's purpose.
Feb 6, 2020 2:33 AM

Feb 2019
MehmetY said:
Marinate1016 said:

Welcome to another episode of: "If I dislike it then everybody should dislike it too."
People are forgetting this is a public site and even a 5 years old child can effects to the scores by making an account and scoring some anime.

Damn I must have Alzheimer’s because I don’t remember asking.
Feb 6, 2020 2:33 AM

Feb 2019
yotamdin said:
Marinate1016 said:

This is why I argue there really isn't an anime community, but rather a bunch of communities with little to not contact with each other, this is how jojo won as the most favourited anime of all time on the r/animemes survey, how black clover gets a ton of hate on mal but is still widely loved almost anywhere else and why a lot of people I know don't even watch the same animes as I do

There isn't an anime community, theres a mal and anilist communities, most popular animes have their own communities as well, and there are also communities based on genres from shounen fans to seinen to fantasy or slice of life, from old animes to new, so you can't really get a representation of all anime viewers

Agreed 100 percent. BC was like the most popular anime of the decade in much of the world along with naruto.
Feb 6, 2020 2:38 AM
Jul 2018
Underrated, should be №1.
Feb 6, 2020 2:38 AM

Jan 2009
welp its official its ranked 4 now on the top list lol
Feb 6, 2020 2:42 AM

Oct 2018
I finally finished reading all the replies in this thread, and honestly, some of the people in this thread must be among the most boring people on Earth.
Feb 6, 2020 2:42 AM

Sep 2018
LOL just logged in, looked to the top anime, and what do I see? XD
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Feb 6, 2020 2:52 AM
Dec 2019
-Aincrad- said:
I finally finished reading all the replies in this thread, and honestly, some of the people in this thread must be among the most boring people on Earth.
It's as boring as you defending a trash series like Kimetsu no Yaiba
Feb 6, 2020 2:53 AM
Jul 2019
9.12, top-2 already!
Feb 6, 2020 2:54 AM

Oct 2018
Kimetsu-is-trash said:
-Aincrad- said:
It's as boring as you defending a trash series like Kimetsu no Yaiba

If you were not this retarded, to give yourself such username, I might've actually taken you seriously a little bit.
Feb 6, 2020 2:55 AM

Mar 2014
Looks like this "Rating" abomination of a system has finally out beaten the "Pingu" incident time ago.

Oh the MAL community... never ceases to amaze me, especially "Lord Nux" fanbase .-.

"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ashhk - Mar 28, 2020

191 by sagallo »»
Apr 28, 8:30 PM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2020

238 by VanishingKira »»
Apr 26, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2020

280 by VanishingKira »»
Apr 26, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

134 by JeanFranciss »»
Mar 10, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2020

138 by JeanFranciss »»
Mar 3, 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.