Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2020 8:04 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Main focus went for best girls Shinji and Kirei, cannot complaint with that. This is probably the most wholesome the stay night version of Shinji will ever be, too bad that, being Shinji, he had to end badly.
Last part of the OVA (the catch the oni game) was meh until the part where Illya stabs Kirei with Rule Breaker like he did with Tokiomi, that shit is hilarious.

This is basically a Carnival Phantasm episode based in the Prillya universe.
Jan 12, 2020 8:28 PM

Aug 2016
It's like trying an episode in carnival phantasm, it was good but they had to add more grace scenes, playing hide and seek was a bit weird but it made me laugh when they stab the priest xD
Jan 18, 2020 4:36 PM

Jan 2008
This was absolutely terrible if you are a Prisma Illya fan. There's nothing here for us except about 15 minutes at the end. We got trolled hard. I don't know what they were thinking. 90% of this is about Kotomine and Shinji. It was not funny. Maybe the material itself was funny, but I was raging too much for being lied to. This is not PRISMA phantasm.
Feb 22, 2020 9:54 AM

Apr 2016
Turning Shinji into a decent human being ? You would need a whole series + ova and bunch of movies to accomplish that. Truly a deed worth of legends. But the best moment was when Illya stabbed Kotomine, the same way he stabbed Tokiomi .. and then her face lol xD

Also a little preview for an upcoming 5th season at the end.
Feb 25, 2020 10:32 PM

Mar 2018
Meh. This OVA proved that Type-Moon is running out of ideas for Carnival Phantasm season 2 (which is more likely something we'll never get anymore). Most of the jokes here are prolonged recycled versions of CarniPhan albeit lower impact so it came as more cringey than funny. Oh well, at least more Sakura, Shinji and Kotomine can't be hurt. And Kotomine said his line "Yorokobe, Shoujo!" to Erika lol

6/10. Just hurry up with the 5th season.

Apr 5, 2020 11:36 AM

Sep 2018
I really expected something more from this OVA, I am a little disappointed with the result, this "PRISMA ☆ PHANTASM" does not stand up to "Carnival Phantasm". The truly comical scenes are reduced to the bone and you look at it only by inertia, expecting the flash of genius that inevitably does not come, unfortunately I dare say. Oh well, if you are a fan of the brand you cannot avoid looking at it, but if you are not a fan of it, you can avoid it comfortably and without remorse. Not bad the soundtrack, perhaps the credit goes to the Technoboys Pulcraft Green-Fund group, at least so I seem to have read in the credits. Quite sufficient drawings and animations.

6/10
Apr 6, 2020 3:29 AM

Feb 2013
I hear the english subs for this has come out but for the life of me I cant find it anywhere.
Someone please help because this is driving me insane.
Apr 15, 2020 12:15 PM
Feb 2015
Raydnt said:
I hear the english subs for this has come out but for the life of me I cant find it anywhere.
Someone please help because this is driving me insane.

Have you found it yet? I also cannot find it
May 14, 2020 8:03 AM

Jun 2012
Good cringe I would say. Hopefully this is the last time they make something like this XD
May 15, 2020 1:22 PM

Mar 2018
What a joke. Why is Illya even in the title.
Jun 14, 2020 7:51 AM

Mar 2012
About a Gilgamesh's hairstyles(female),look like a benimaru from KOF ahahahaXD that was so funnyXDDDDDDDD

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Aug 2, 2020 5:02 PM
Feb 2018
tokidoki921 said:
What a joke. Why is Illya even in the title.
The joke is you getting mad just because other Fate fan favourites got more attention than Ilya in this special. Appreciate it for being a Fate show, not an exclusively Ilya one
Aug 14, 2020 12:24 AM

Jul 2016
Shirou x Shinji shipper? Disgusting! Mimi is rotten beyond salvation at this point.

Kinda meh OVA overall. Most of the jokes got old real quick and no matter if his inclusion is just to make fun of his character, there's only a certain amount of Shinji screentime I can tolerate. At least Kirei managed to be a decent counterbalance for that tho.

Now on a side note, of all the possible references that could have appeared, Illya back-stabbing Kirei and he even making Tokiomi's "I can't believe you betrayed me" shock face was purely sublime. Probably the highlight of this mediocre OVA in my opinion.

6/10 - Still waiting for that "Carnival Phantasm - Fate/Zero Edition", by the way.
Apr 10, 2021 7:09 PM

Nov 2013
Took me a long time to notice the existence of this movie, but I finally watched it.
Some jokes weren't funny, but others were hilarious.
I obviously liked how Kirei got so much screen time, which came as a big surprise, especially considering how he almost never appears in the main Prisma Illya series, but my big complaint is his design not only in this movie, but in all the entries of this spin off. There's something wrong with his face and the proportions of his body, and it really seems like they are not even trying to draw him properly.
The scenes with Shinji were funny most of the time, but I feel like they would be much better if Shinji had his normal appearance instead of that monstrous one.
Like others have already mentioned, Illya stabbing Kirei was perfect, though.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 17, 2021 12:53 PM

Apr 2013
That was a surprising movie, I thought it would be the usual serious movie plot. But I really enjoyed the lighthearted comedy and parody in this one. And while I enjoyed the massive amount of screentime for supporting characters, most people just wanna see the loli main characters I guess.
Dec 11, 2021 5:35 AM

Aug 2018
It's so chaotic yet so entertaining xD
Dec 28, 2021 5:29 PM

Dec 2015
Having Kirei act goofy is always a win in my book.
Apr 13, 2022 5:28 AM

Jan 2015

These images'll be good to post for fighting game stuff, hahaha.

Best frame.

Even with a really dumb game, you can't have Onii-chan Shirou without him being bad-ass. Seeing him with Sakura, happily at the end, ahh, movie, you're playing with us.

Tatsuko with a Kirei mask?! Both are some of my favourites so this is amazing to see, hahaha, this shot was done for me, props for whoever came up with this silly idea.

Always the cutest and strongest whenever she's on screen.

Ruby being the butt of a joke being what makes a proper happy conclusion in the end? Ah, Sapphire, thank you, hahaha. Brilliant ending with Kirei literally cooking Ruby.
Yvonnelim99 said:
About a Gilgamesh's hairstyles(female),look like a benimaru from KOF ahahahaXD that was so funnyXDDDDDDDD

That's who I thought of too, hahaha.
SouthRzVa said:
Still waiting for that "Carnival Phantasm - Fate/Zero Edition", by the way.
That would be amazing.
Feb 22, 2023 11:38 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Sacerdotisa said:
It's like trying an episode in carnival phantasm, it was good but they had to add more grace scenes, playing hide and seek was a bit weird but it made me laugh when they stab the priest xD
Carnival was way more funny though, I enjoyed some jokes, specially the first one with Sakura wanting to reform her brother but then the overuse of them (EJACULATION) and jokes that didnt felt that funny... I m supposed to have fun watching these girls but somewhat it was less fun than I expected it to be.
Some scenes were also very cringe.

6.2/10 = 6
Feb 17, 9:20 PM

May 2021
A 1 hour long phantasm
With kotomine!!!! God im cunnming
Kotomine should’ve been the real magician girl
Only good parts were when kotomine was on screen
Shirou popping up when they thought of shinji’s friend lol
MAPO WATER lol
Karva1Feb 17, 10:10 PM
Inhales oxygen

More topics from this board

» HYPE SQUAD WHERE YOU AT?!

removed-user - Dec 26, 2018

26 by chriskris91 »»
Jul 31, 2023 10:55 PM

» when?

abyss_will - Jul 4, 2019

18 by new__life »»
Jan 4, 2020 7:25 PM

» Reveal the title and promotional image of the new OVA from Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya

Sacerdotisa - Feb 28, 2019

1 by Stark700 »»
Mar 22, 2019 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.