Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 13, 2020 6:22 AM

Aug 2015
fuckgendo said:
7kaneki7 said:
I don't know if Hentai counts, but Euphoria is the one for me. Especially in episode 2 when it seems like the girl is just getting tortured. She did not seem happy at all and I really hated that. I don't like to drop series, so someday I'll bring myself to finish that episode ;-;

didnt he literally shit in her mouth

I finished the episode and he did. Episode 2 is definitely the worst so far. Especially at the end as well when you see all of the other girls dead and start to realise that this is a game that they have to keep living through. When I noticed that the series seemed much creepier XD I saw episode 3 as well and it was much better towards the end though.
Jan 13, 2020 6:35 AM

Dec 2009
There was just one case for me, when I was a kid they had this U.S Manga thing here in Brazil, I think they had it in the USA as well, and they put this anime called Genocyber, that show was disturbing as hell for a kid, that was in the 90's.
Jan 13, 2020 6:39 AM
Feb 2019
Honestly, dark animes usually don't make me uncomfortable, but in Higurashi

Oh yeah and some gory scenes in Corpse Party, while the anime was rushed as hell and I didn't understand much, but the gory scenes were spot on. Though, I also didn't see much animated violence at that time, so there's that too.
Jan 13, 2020 6:40 AM
Dec 2017
Reading berserk at the age of 16 really made me immune to any other kind of gore and dark anime. Berserk fucked up my mind!!!
Jan 13, 2020 6:58 AM

Jul 2014
It was years ago, but, when I was still pretty new to anime, I stopped watching Higurashi when one of the girls gave the MC what I remember to be a muffin filled with nails. That's probably not exactly what happened, but I noped out and haven't looked back. I've seen more gruesome stuff since, but I've never felt any desire to continue where I left off.
SithSteelJan 13, 2020 7:29 AM
Jan 13, 2020 7:08 AM
Jul 2018
Socialloser said:
Reading berserk at the age of 16 really made me immune to any other kind of gore and dark anime. Berserk fucked up my mind!!!

While Berserk may not necessarily be the goriest series of all time, believe it or not, as Corpse Part is certainly more gory, Berserk is the most disturbing thing I've read. Even though I'm far in the manga, it never fails to make me go "WTF?!" when a new monster shows up.

SithSteel said:
It was years ago, but, when I was still pretty new to anime, I stopped watching Higurashi when one of the girls gave the MC what I remember to be a muffin filled with nails. That's probably not exactly what happened, but I noped out and haven't looked back. I've seen more gruesome stuff since, but I've never felt any desire to continue where I left.

You remember right, that's exactly what happened, except that the muffin was a Japanese food.
Jan 13, 2020 7:29 AM

Jul 2014
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Socialloser said:

While Berserk may not necessarily be the goriest series of all time, believe it or not, as Corpse Part is certainly more gory, Berserk is the most disturbing thing I've read. Even though I'm far in the manga, it never fails to make me go "WTF?!" when a new monster shows up.

SithSteel said:
It was years ago, but, when I was still pretty new to anime, I stopped watching Higurashi when one of the girls gave the MC what I remember to be a muffin filled with nails. That's probably not exactly what happened, but I noped out and haven't looked back. I've seen more gruesome stuff since, but I've never felt any desire to continue where I left.

You remember right, that's exactly what happened, except that the muffin was a Japanese food.

Yeah, it was probably something like that. I've heard there's a nail-ripping scene, as well. I'm good with not seeing that. Its interesting because I quite enjoyed Another and it has plenty of gruesome, if silly deaths.
Jan 13, 2020 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
SithSteel said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:

Yeah, it was probably something like that. I've heard there's a nail-ripping scene, as well. I'm good with not seeing that. Its interesting because I quite enjoyed Another and it has plenty of gruesome, if silly deaths.

I haven't watched Another in years, but if I recall correctly, it was much more out there then Higurashi. I think sometimes less over the top gore can ironically be more disturbing.
Jan 13, 2020 12:52 PM

Aug 2018
Nothing comes to mind honestly :v...

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Jan 13, 2020 5:37 PM

Jul 2014
RealTheAbsurdist said:
SithSteel said:

I haven't watched Another in years, but if I recall correctly, it was much more out there then Higurashi. I think sometimes less over the top gore can ironically be more disturbing.
I'm mostly thinking of the umbrella scene. I don't really watch anything related to the horror genre, but Another struck me more as a slasher show rather than anything that's actually supposed to scary or psychologically terrifying.
Jan 13, 2020 6:10 PM

Nov 2008
SithSteel said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:

I'm mostly thinking of the umbrella scene. I don't really watch anything related to the horror genre, but Another struck me more as a slasher show rather than anything that's actually supposed to scary or psychologically terrifying.

I was able to watch Another rather quickly...but could not handle Higurashi's terror. xD

btw the Japanese food was 'ohagi' (a type of rice ball) and it was stuffed with needles. But you didn't know if it really was or Keiichi was just imagining it.

It freaked me out. I turned it off.

Jan 13, 2020 6:22 PM

Jul 2014
Chiibi said:
SithSteel said:

I was able to watch Another rather quickly...but could not handle Higurashi's terror. xD

btw the Japanese food was 'ohagi' (a type of rice ball) and it was stuffed with needles. But you didn't know if it really was or Keiichi was just imagining it.

It freaked me out. I turned it off.

I have a friend who doesn't watch anime. I showed him the umbrella scene and he freaked out. It was hilarious.
Jan 13, 2020 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
I usually don't mind gore in most of the gory anime I've seen so far.

And then I watched Deadman Wonderland, which was one of the very few anime that made me feel quite uncomfortable. And yes, I didn't enjoy it too much because of the gory shit.
Jan 13, 2020 8:34 PM

Aug 2013
Episode 3 of Game of Thrones 8th season.

Holy fuck that was dark
Jan 13, 2020 8:38 PM

Feb 2018
First episode of Haibane Renmei was a bit disturbing. It didn’t freak me out but it was indeed something eery.
Jan 13, 2020 11:50 PM

Apr 2010
EndlessMaria said:
Genocyber, because of several scenes. Also I couldn't finish Violence Jack and Mad Bull 34.

Also Gyo was disturbing with how stupid it was.

Genocyber and Violence Jack I can understand. Genocyber was retarded but it did have some frightening shit. Violence Jack wasn't as bad. I found it a bit more comical than Genocyber if that makes sense. He was like the darker, anti hero version o Kenshiro in a post apocalyptic setting. Genocyber was just straight nhilistic all the way through to the point it was just stupid. Madbull 34 though, I don't see how that one was disturbing. It was a cop drama exaggerated x100 and I personally found it a lot more funny and enjoyable than the other two. To the point where I bought the dvd set of Madbull lol
Jan 13, 2020 11:55 PM

Jul 2007
Zeroflamez said:
EndlessMaria said:
Genocyber, because of several scenes. Also I couldn't finish Violence Jack and Mad Bull 34.

Also Gyo was disturbing with how stupid it was.

Genocyber and Violence Jack I can understand. Genocyber was retarded but it did have some frightening shit. Violence Jack wasn't as bad. I found it a bit more comical than Genocyber if that makes sense. He was like the darker, anti hero version o Kenshiro in a post apocalyptic setting. Genocyber was just straight nhilistic all the way through to the point it was just stupid. Madbull 34 though, I don't see how that one was disturbing. It was a cop drama exaggerated x100 and I personally found it a lot more funny and enjoyable than the other two. To the point where I bought the dvd set of Madbull lol

lol I had no idea what to expect going into Mad Bull 34. Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining. But it felt dirty and depraved with all the prostitution. But everything was so over the top it was comical. I'll probably rewatch it some time.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 14, 2020 12:05 AM

Apr 2010
EndlessMaria said:
Zeroflamez said:

lol I had no idea what to expect going into Mad Bull 34. Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining. But it felt dirty and depraved with all the prostitution. But everything was so over the top it was comical. I'll probably rewatch it some time.

Yeah, it was essentially Japan taking what New York was like back in the 80s(when it was really bad in terms of crime and poverty) and exaggerating it in typical Anime fashion.
Jan 14, 2020 12:18 AM
Nov 2017
MaskOfIce said:
I'm not sure it's ever been so dark I got uncomfortable I didn't enjoy it, usually when I don't enjoy a "dark" series, it's because it felt more exploitative and like it was using the dark aspects as cheap shocks, whereas something that is legitimately dark and makes me uncomfortable is usually not doing that.

As for the examples that made me uncomfortable, the fastest answer I can provide is Made in Abyss with that infamous 10th episode. I still remember where I was when I watched it and the fact that I watched it just before meeting up with friends for dinner. I was a bit off that night.
MaskOfIce said:
I'm not sure it's ever been so dark I got uncomfortable I didn't enjoy it, usually when I don't enjoy a "dark" series, it's because it felt more exploitative and like it was using the dark aspects as cheap shocks, whereas something that is legitimately dark and makes me uncomfortable is usually not doing that.

As for the examples that made me uncomfortable, the fastest answer I can provide is Made in Abyss with that infamous 10th episode. I still remember where I was when I watched it and the fact that I watched it just before meeting up with friends for dinner. I was a bit off that night.

I totally understand the Made in Abyss example. My husband had me watch that episode and I can honestly say I was weeping after seeing that and I wasn't right for days afterwards. I still can't even think about that without feeling tears start welling up in my eyes. This is coming from a person who *loves* horror, gore, etc. I loved Silent Hill/2/PT, Amnesia: the Dark Descent, Saw, Higurashi, Shiki, Corpse Party, Devilman Crybaby (went in 100% cold on that one), Parasyte, any manga by Junji Ito, etc. But Made in Abyss is one thing that not only made me uncomfortable but still *haunts* me, so I absolutely understand.
LilianaVess777Jan 14, 2020 12:25 AM
Jan 14, 2020 7:47 AM
Nov 2019
Yakusoku no Neverland
- didnt eat meat for days. And i only eat meat. I seriously thought about turning into a vegan but... i tasted meat again and returned to my old carnivorous ways.
Jan 14, 2020 10:12 AM

Jun 2011
Ok so I saw a few people mention shiki, starting ep. 10 right now, so far disappointed on the lack of uncomfortable feelings lol, less than half way through, fingers crossed here
Jan 14, 2020 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
Killaclown said:
Ok so I saw a few people mention shiki, starting ep. 10 right now, so far disappointed on the lack of uncomfortable feelings lol, less than half way through, fingers crossed here

Halfway Shiki gets morally uncomfortable.
Jan 14, 2020 3:14 PM
Dec 2019
Goblin Slayer episode one. I was expecting usual goblin kill or be killed stuff until ....
Jan 14, 2020 3:17 PM
Dec 2019
Inuyashiki made me uncomfortable during the house invasion, when my man just straight up murdered a whole family because he landed on them doing eeny, meeny, miny, moe
Jan 14, 2020 3:27 PM

Jul 2014
Definetly Shoujo Tsubaki. This movie is the single most disturbing anime movie I have ever seen. Apparently it was so disturbing that the japanese government banned the movie and forbade the crrator to sell it. Now it is almost only possible to watch it online.
Jan 14, 2020 4:11 PM

Apr 2019
Violence Jack: Jigoku Gai-hen has a cannibalism scene that really irked me when I saw it and that movie's not exactly about flowers and puppies.
Jan 14, 2020 6:03 PM

Aug 2019
None really. There's been a few moments in scenes which have made me a bit squeamish, but I've not sat through the entire show uncomfortable because of the concepts or any sensitive themes that are being explored.
Jan 14, 2020 11:47 PM
Dec 2017
The first would probably be Elfen Lied. At the time, I hadn't seen many dark anime because I would normally watch shows like Dragon Ball and Yu-Gi-Oh. But I watched Elfen Lied because a friend from school recommended it (along with Shiki and School Days). So, I watched it and, honestly, a lot of things made me uncomfortable, especially Mayu's situation at home.

Some time later, I find myself watching Rainbow Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin. I was only somewhat aware of what I was getting into... Several scenes from this anime made me so uncomfortable. That feeling stuck with me as I continued watching it and even afterwards.

After that, there's Devilman Crybaby and Banana Fish. I'm sure a lot of you can understand why Devilman Crybaby made me uncomfortable due to the amount of violence and sexual situations. Banana Fish is on a whole different level though. It's no where near as explicit but, due to how attached I was to the characters, I couldn't help but want the best for them despite the fact that a lot of bad things happen in the anime. There's one scene in particular that I remember. One of my favorite characters in the show had been caught by someone else. Then, I heard a certain line of dialogue and the absolute worst thoughts of what could happen to them just flooded my mind. Not only did their comment make me extremely uncomfortable but my eyes started to get watery because the very thought of something that horrible happening just got to me.
Jan 15, 2020 4:19 AM

Feb 2013
Narutaru. On the big part because I didn't know the fuck am I getting myself into. The first episode looked pretty heartwarming and cute kiddie anime.

And then it progressively grew darker, lol. Can't say it was overall good series, but boy did it make me feel uncomfortable. And I'm usually pretty unfazed nowadays.

Boku dake ga Inai Machi is pretty shit series wise, especially given how I identified the kidnapped around episode 3. However, knowing who it is made it uncomfortable to me, as this was one of my deep childhood fears. I would probably need the psychologist to explain why this was my nightmare material, but when I was 7-10 years old I used to have a legit phobia.
Jan 15, 2020 7:43 AM
Jul 2018
@Sakurai_Aoi

I agree that Elfen Lied can be uncomfortable, but mainly if you watch it when you're young and new to anime. It's not just the violence, but it also shows how horrible humans can be. But once you grow older, and think back on it, a lot of people will probably agree that it's just exploitative in how over the top it is.

I don't understand what could've been uncomfortable about Rainbow, aside from some rape scenes. I watched it when I was very young, and didn't feel uncomfortable.

Okay, Banana Fish sounds even more awesome now. The only reason I refuse to watch it right now is because I want to watch it in dub, since it's set in New York.
Jan 15, 2020 9:00 AM

Dec 2019
Elfen Lied, it was really hard to watch people being sliced up with all their insides being graphically shown on screen.
Jan 15, 2020 9:21 AM

Nov 2014
I've only been physically uncomfortable once so far from anime and yeah it's that aforementioned 10th episode of Made in Abyss. It just went for so long and was so detailed. There's no break throughout it, ya just gotta quietly sit through it as a helpless bystander. I was squirming throughout and had to take a break afterwards. The Mitty stuff was sad and hit me, but I wasn't really 'uncomfortable' during it in the same way.
Jan 15, 2020 1:52 PM
Dec 2017
RealTheAbsurdist said:
@Sakurai_Aoi

I agree that Elfen Lied can be uncomfortable, but mainly if you watch it when you're young and new to anime. It's not just the violence, but it also shows how horrible humans can be. But once you grow older, and think back on it, a lot of people will probably agree that it's just exploitative in how over the top it is.

I don't understand what could've been uncomfortable about Rainbow, aside from some rape scenes. I watched it when I was very young, and didn't feel uncomfortable.

Okay, Banana Fish sounds even more awesome now. The only reason I refuse to watch it right now is because I want to watch it in dub, since it's set in New York.

Yeah, it was the rape scenes in Rainbow that made me uncomfortable. Whenever something like that is included in anime (or any movie or TV show), I automatically become uncomfortable.

As for Banana Fish...I don't know if it will ever get a dub. But the anime is just too good to wait for a dubbed version imo.
Jan 16, 2020 9:13 PM
Aug 2014
for me, Perfect Blue from Satoshi Kon
Jan 16, 2020 11:03 PM

Sep 2018
The only thing can think of off the top of my head is Alien 9. It literally felt like something that I shouldn't be watching.
Jan 17, 2020 1:56 AM

Jul 2010
I'm so strange that I'm not comfortable in the company of Re zero and Soul Eater Not xD Yes, I'm already tired of all my hatred for them, but I'm really bad with them. Oh, I remember. Once, when viewing Nabari no Ou, I became very physically ill. I didn't know what it was, but it was really bad.
Otherwise, I'm off. Topics with blood, violence and rape even come to me, allow you to disable the internal demon for the time of viewing.
May be some anime?
Jan 17, 2020 3:06 AM

Apr 2010
Goblin Slayer's first episode was too much for me.
And I couldn't continue Babylon more than 6th episode (not sure how I got this far).
I still regret getting back to Death Note and I totally don't regret not getting back to Code Gease.

Jan 17, 2020 3:56 AM

Mar 2019
The thing is that an anime being dark to the point of disturbing me or feeling uncomfortable does not make me dislike it. I actually have a lot of respect for shows that do that and tend to rate it higher if they disturb me. I consider a show to be high quality if it makes you feel something and I don’t think that feeling has to be positive for it to be a good show.

That being said, I found Mirai Nikki, Tokyo Ghoul’s first season, and Evangelion to all be impressively dark and disturbing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

50 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
7 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 1 hour ago

9 by LenRea »»
9 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 53 minutes ago

2 by billybub »»
14 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

63 by WatchTillTandava »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 9 hours ago

21 by DarkShame2 »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.