Forum Settings
Forums

Serious question here, why do you watch AniTube?

New
Dec 7, 2019 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
I wanna know why? To reassure your opinions? To form your opinions? To laugh at them? To laugh with them? To educate yourself? Many reasons. You tell me yours!

Me, personally, I watch them for the cringe, and I never stay bored when a new anitube drama occurs...

Dec 7, 2019 11:41 AM

Aug 2019
well the obvious reason is bc its relatble content that i enjoy-same thing with non anitubers, just that it's topics that I enjoy.

Then for personal reason is for aesthetic purposes bc the way they design their houses and rooms and makes it so cool/weeby is so interesting and inspires me. Especially their massive manga collection.

Bonus if they live in Japan bc it teaches/shows me parts of it and i mean it's just fun and fascinating to know about Japan culture that isn't just anime (but thats still a big reason lowkey). Especially youtubers like akidearest visiting different types of cafe stuff like that
Dec 7, 2019 1:06 PM

Oct 2017
For entertainment, to hear someone else's opinion, find more shows to watch and to learn more about anime. Some Anitubers are obnoxious or too cringe, but others do make some decent content.
Dec 7, 2019 1:08 PM

Mar 2019
Personally for me its to relate with them on what their opinion is on something or to get recommendations
Dec 7, 2019 1:14 PM

Dec 2015
I only watch youtubers that is talking about manga and have a huge focus on figurens.

When it comes to animyoutubers I can't stand them.
Anitubers is something of the worse thing the anime community has to offer.
It's only fighting and drama with those kinds of stupid humans.

Dec 7, 2019 1:16 PM

Aug 2016
I tend to watch some anime reviews out there just to see other people's perspectives on shows I like/hate. Well, in cases like ThatAnimeSnob or Doomentio, I just watch their reviews for laughs, yes.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Dec 7, 2019 1:19 PM

Oct 2017
I like listening to analysis, and there are several anitubers who are pretty good at putting together compelling video essays on the anime they're passionate about. It's something nice to have in the background during work.
Dec 7, 2019 1:21 PM

Mar 2019
If you consider a bunch of morons ranking jojo localization names and other meme content anitube , i watch them for the laughts , not into "real" anitubers too loud and obnoxious like that basement guy
Dec 7, 2019 1:49 PM

Jul 2016
I used to be really into, but as I've slowly been driving my life away from anime, I unsubscribed from a ton of them and never looked back. The ones I kept only upload once every few months, like ThePedanticRomantic, Isla McTear and Under The Scope, so I can still enjoy them, but without it becoming too big a part of my life. I'm an adult now, I've got shit to do.
Dec 7, 2019 1:51 PM

Feb 2018
Honestly just because youtube recommends it to me

Dec 7, 2019 1:54 PM

Jul 2016
For interesting video essays on shows I would otherwise not watch unless an anituber sells it to me on the basis of their analysis on it.
Dec 7, 2019 1:57 PM
May 2019
For analysis videos and entertainment mostly.
Dec 7, 2019 1:59 PM

Nov 2010
Hear another opinions, express mine, have sense of community, get more in depth with the certain animes or eps and dive into them again. To be entertained as well. It's quite similar reason as checking on comments on MAL for me on certain animes and eps or even wider topics.
Dec 7, 2019 2:00 PM

Oct 2008
So you mean the anitubers on YouTube. I watch them, because I think their entertaining. And I admire fans who openly
talk about their hobby and make an interesting show out of it.
Dec 7, 2019 2:25 PM

Oct 2019
I only watch Anitube in the beginning of a new season for recommendations maybe I'd watch more if YouTube recommended anime content more. the only thing I get in my recommendations are YouTube commentators with a furry avatar, they are always bashing the new Star Wars movies for some reason....
Dec 7, 2019 2:30 PM

Nov 2018
Entertainment could care less about reviews or analysis unless it's something I've seen and even then I think I still wouldn't care about it.
Dec 7, 2019 4:09 PM

Jun 2016
I dont watch many anitubers. One of them i watch cause i like their sarcastic take on things it can be very entertaining. Other then that its for entertainment and cause its about a subject that I really enjoy.
Dec 7, 2019 5:41 PM

Jul 2011
I don't follow any anitubers. I rarely watch anime related stuff on youtube. I only watched some of Aleczandxr's videos which I found pretty informative.

Dec 7, 2019 5:42 PM

Jan 2009
the only anitubers i regularly watch are anime english cover songs channels
Dec 7, 2019 6:19 PM
Jul 2018
To get to know more about the animes I love of course. As well as for entertainment and sometimes getting to know other otakus opinions about anime.
Dec 7, 2019 11:04 PM

May 2009
I basically don't.

I do if I'm really bored and have an internet connection and am tired. Then I end up looking up one of the following:
* a video giving an in-depth look at a metacontextual topic of interest to me (e.g. soundtrack use in anime, or how dubs get made)
* a video review of a series I've seen (sometimes I have to dig for these, particularly for older or more obscure series)

AkaneManiac said:
I wanna know why? To reassure your opinions? To form your opinions? To laugh at them? To laugh with them? To educate yourself? Many reasons. You tell me yours!
For enlightenment about some topics, and/or to argue with the video, I guess. I don't think I've ever found them funny (aside from minor witty moments).

AkaneManiac said:
Me, personally, I watch them for the cringe, and I never stay bored when a new anitube drama occurs...
YouTuber drama is some sort of weird inward-turned in-joke/in-referencing that's like several layers of meta deep and IMO not worth my time to care about. I'm certainly don't watch them for the reality show soap opera.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 7, 2019 11:05 PM
Jul 2018
I don't give a shit about reviews and stuff like that but I enjoy animetube videos that function like year-long anime convention panels.
Dec 8, 2019 12:38 AM

May 2018
Nah. I tried Anitube several times but all I got was cringe and spanish shame.
Some funny memes are allowed tho

Dec 8, 2019 1:54 AM

May 2019
I used to watch it because I liked watching essay styled vids.

Then they got kinda boring because people ran out of new points to make.

Now I just watch Best Guy Ever because his videos are just straight forward explanations of what's appealing about a show.
Dec 8, 2019 1:20 PM

Oct 2017
I really don't most aren't that great and to be honest my interest in youtube is really dead these days. There are a few good channels I keep up for mostly history related content like Historia Civilis or the World War Two (Time Ghost) channel and that is it. Used to spend way more time on it compared to now.

There are a few smaller channels I did like such as the Anime Philosopher though I think her channel is dead now. Soul also has done some good videos for Bleach/AOT and Cowboy Bebop but that is really it these days. I used to watch Gigguk but his appeal has kinda dropped for me.

Most of them just tend to be incredibly annoying or cancerous The Anime Snob, Mothers Basement, Pedantic Romantic, The Anime Man, Misty Chronexia, akidearest, ForneverWorld, Chibi Reviews etc. Yeah I dislike them all. It's kinda of unfortunate that we don't have better content creators for anime/manga sigh....
BilboBaggins365Dec 8, 2019 1:26 PM
Dec 9, 2019 2:02 AM

Jul 2019
I mostly watch abridgers like tfs. Then I also watch gigguk and The Anime Man. Sometimes some reviews. Their videos are entertaining.
Dec 9, 2019 2:03 AM
Apr 2016
I am not? Sounds like something extremely cringy and half-legal.
Re:formed
Dec 9, 2019 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
I don't and don't plan to in the future.
Listening to the opinions of random people on youtube doesn't add to my enjoyment of anime ( or anything else really ).

Dec 9, 2019 2:28 AM

Jan 2013
I hardly ever do and I don't follow any particular anitubers. I only watch some analysis of my favorite anime from time to time, it sometimes helps me to discover new things I haven't noticed before, or look at the anime from a different perspective.
Dec 16, 2019 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
I don't watch their videos but I subscribe to them, because we have the same preferences (such as favorite anime/characters).
Dec 17, 2019 11:21 AM

Dec 2019
Personally, I like watching reviews of anime/manga that I've completed reading/watching. Before I watch some more popular anime, I watch some "guide to *insert anime title here*" which has helped me, for example, distinguish the characters from one another if a main cast is large.
Dec 17, 2019 11:25 AM

Feb 2018
I have free time, and some AniTubers make entertaining videos. I may often disagree with the points they're making, but at the very least, it helps expand my perspective. Well, that is unless they're crapping on SAO for the thousandth time, in which case, I avoid that like the plague.
"If it's not big, it's only a bust," some guy on the internet
Dec 17, 2019 2:28 PM

Aug 2016
To find new anime/manga to watch/read and sometimes their insight might be actually interesting.
Dec 17, 2019 2:40 PM

Jan 2018
I could care less about most AniTubers who rave about current seasonals and whatnot, and YouTube is honestly the last place I'd go to look for recommendations of any kind. I'd rather listen to my friends in our Discord server and give/receive recommendations to/from them, as we can discuss our similar interests and also have a much better understanding of each others' tastes.

That doesn't mean I don't watch any AniTube, though. There are some great video essayists I've very much enjoyed, and my sole purpose for even seeking out their content is to better educate myself on the thematic or technical merits of works I already love. Of course, this also doesn't mean that I let someone else form my opinions for me—far from it. But the reason I value quality analytical content on YouTube is that, oftentimes, it's much easier to sit back and watch a video compiled by a guy who's done hours upon hours of research on a given work so I don't have to do it myself. This also doesn't mean I necessarily agree with everything these analysts say, but at the end of the day, I really enjoy the kind of content that's able to inform me on certain details I might have missed myself.

Examples of good AniTube for me:

GreyleafDec 17, 2019 2:46 PM

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Dec 17, 2019 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not really good at following current events in anime (like what shows are good this season, what I can expect, etc), so basically like a news channel

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

235 by perseii »»
1 minute ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

8 by Spunkert »»
2 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

60 by Pinoffin »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

29 by Hitagi__Furude »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 5 hours ago

13 by cyandaqil »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.