Forums
New
Nov 6, 2019 6:50 PM
Jun 2019
I personally really like FLCL and Devilman Crybaby
Nov 6, 2019 6:54 PM

Jan 2016
Made in Abyss and Yuru Camp are the two I've spent the most time listening to
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Nov 6, 2019 6:55 PM

Jan 2019
Fate/Zero
Attack on Titan
Cowboy Bebop
Kimi No Na Wa
Monogatari
Death Note
Nov 6, 2019 6:56 PM
Jan 2019
I'm a big fan of Ping Pong's soundtrack
Nov 6, 2019 7:11 PM

Dec 2017
Gundam Thunderbolt and Gundam Unicorn

Nov 6, 2019 7:15 PM

Sep 2014
MaskOfIce said:
Made in Abyss and Yuru Camp are the two I've spent the most time listening to

Oh yes made in abyss OST. I wasn't a big fan of the anime, but the soundtracks were phenomenal. It really blew my mind.

Yuru camp is good too.

Also the only reason I'm watching Grimms notes is because of the incredibly good OST.
Nov 6, 2019 7:25 PM

Aug 2018
Just about anything by Yoko Kanno, Joe Hisaishi, Yuki Kajiura, Kenji Kawai, Shiro Sagisu, and Hiroyuki Sawano. Also FLCl, Samurai Champloo, Angel Beats, Initial D, Gurren Lagann, Soul Eater, Parasyte The Maxim, Berserk (1997), Panty and Stocking, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Death Note, Trigun, Akira, Hellsing (2001), Made in Abyss, Grave of the Fireflies, Baccano, Durarara, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, K-On!, Angel's Egg, Space Dandy and Mushishi.
BebopHakushoNov 6, 2019 7:37 PM
Nov 6, 2019 7:25 PM

Mar 2019
in terms of time spent listening after seeing the show my favorites are FLCL, Beck, and Welcome to the NHK
In terms of setting the mood in a show Megalobox, Samurai Champloo, and Made in Abyss

also Devilman Crybaby, Berserk 1997, Gurren Laggan, and Land of the Lustrous all have great OSTs that I wanted to mention
also by far the best part of Anohana (IMO) was the music
Nov 6, 2019 7:26 PM

Nov 2007
Hachimitsu to Clover is the correct answer.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 6, 2019 7:42 PM

Mar 2018
some of the more recent precure seasons have phenomenal soundtracks (looking at u hugtto and star twinkle)...
Nov 7, 2019 12:57 AM
Jun 2019
There are 3 soundtracks I deemed good enough to include in my music Playlist (strange, listening to ost's is something I started doing this year.)

Made in Abyss first en foremost (Kevin Penkin is a genius)

Secondly, the Shigatsu wa kimi no uso soundtrack really stuck with me and made me truly appreciate classical music.

And lastly, the Clannad ost was also amazing and listening to it really brings back the feelings I've experienced while watching.
Nov 7, 2019 1:02 AM

Jun 2017
Madoka Magica and Clannad's soundtrack are the best for me
Nov 7, 2019 1:07 AM
May 2018
Any composition by Kajiura Yuki, and any composition by Key Studio (Kanon, Clannad, Little Busters, Angel Beats, Rewrite, ...).

Takanashi made an excellent work on Fairy Tail. The mix of rock and celtic is great. Unexpected, but great xD.

In terms of songs, I loved what they did in K-On. Yui's voice kind of ruins some of them, but even her songs I found excellent (U&I is beautiful, Gohan wa Okazu is hilarious). The instruments are always great.
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Nov 7, 2019 1:24 AM
Jun 2019
Dante012 said:

In terms of songs, I loved what they did in K-On. Yui's voice kind of ruins some of them, but even her songs I found excellent (U&I is beautiful, Gohan wa Okazu is hilarious). The instruments are always great.

I've seen people mentioning K-On alot of times this past year and I've been subconsciously ignoring this anime since then, since it seems a bit too "moe", if thats the right way to put it.

I think perhaps the closest thing visually that I've watched was A Place Further Than The Universe, and I absolutely loved it.

Im just not sure if I should watch it or not.
Nov 7, 2019 1:32 AM

Jan 2019
JOJO
Fate/ Zero
Fate/ stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (both season)
Attack on Titan
Kimetsu no Yaiba (their Openings, Ending and the soundtrack EP19)
K-On! (both season)
Overlord OPs
SAO OPs
OPM Ops

I think that's all for me, I just a beginner
Nov 7, 2019 1:33 AM

Sep 2018
Hyouka's soundtrack was really something else.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Nov 7, 2019 2:20 AM
May 2018
@AsylumThePrince : K-On is definitely moe, but most of the time it's for the sake of comedy ^^.
For example, the one who writes the lyrics of the group always makes cheesy stuff, but then the other members make fun of her because of that. It's cute, but it's actually made to be fun.
In that regard, it's far from Love live and other moe shows where they make it cute only for the sake of making it cute.

As for the characters, only the main character and her sister are really moe. The rest can be cute, but is still "realistic" (if I dare say xD).

I've never really liked moe stuff either, but I can only advise you try it out, especially if you like comedy and music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyuBkX-BkN8

Also, this anime is more clever than it appears to be. For example, it uses visual metaphores sometimes, something that I rarely saw in Slice of life shows. There's also a lot of non-verbal communication.
Dante012Nov 7, 2019 2:25 AM
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Nov 7, 2019 2:43 AM
Jun 2019
Dante012 said:
@AsylumThePrince : K-On is definitely moe, but most of the time it's for the sake of comedy ^^.
For example, the one who writes the lyrics of the group always makes cheesy stuff, but then the other members make fun of her because of that. It's cute, but it's actually made to be fun.
In that regard, it's far from Love live and other moe shows where they make it cute only for the sake of making it cute.

As for the characters, only the main character and her sister are really moe. The rest can be cute, but is still "realistic" (if I dare say xD).

I've never really liked moe stuff either, but I can only advise you try it out, especially if you like comedy and music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyuBkX-BkN8

Also, this anime is more clever than it appears to be. For example, it uses visual metaphores sometimes, something that I rarely saw in Slice of life shows. There's also a lot of non-verbal communication.

Thanks! I shall add it to my plan to watch. One thing is certain, since it's a KyoAni production, it's sure to be amazing from an anomation perspective.

They really like to go over the top when it comes to quality animation.

I'll be sure to let you know what I thought of it. 👍
Nov 7, 2019 3:07 AM

Aug 2018
Devilman crybaby
FLCL
Made in abyss
Land of the lustrous
Space dandy
Violet evergarden
Nov 7, 2019 3:15 AM

Feb 2019
sora no woto hands down. Followed real close by Yuki Yuuna Is a Hero and Liz and the Blue Bird.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Nov 7, 2019 5:07 PM

Feb 2019
Realized you were talking about soundtracks and not just OPs lol.

I loved Cowboy Bebops soundtrack overall honestly the most.

FMA Brotherhoods OP and soundtrack are so good.

Demon Slayer is a amazing (Kamado Tanjiro No Uta is a banger, albeit now it is kinda played out).
Nov 7, 2019 5:36 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Everything Yoko Kanno's worked on- The woman's totally a genius. Especially her work on Ghost in the Shell.

Anyway, non-Yoko Kanno stuff. FMA (both versions), Mushishi, Bleach, Naruto, FLCL, Eureka 7, Kara no Kyoukai (imo Yuki Kajiura's best)... have excellent soundtracks as well.
BatoKusanagiNov 7, 2019 5:40 PM
Nov 7, 2019 5:37 PM

Mar 2014
Blood+
Attack on Titan
Fate/Zero
FMAB
Nov 7, 2019 5:41 PM
Feb 2019
キャロル&チューズデイ
It's the most recent one I heard.
Nov 7, 2019 5:49 PM
Jan 2017
shanimebib said:
Hachimitsu to Clover is the correct answer.
You are one hundred percent correct sir.
Nov 7, 2019 5:51 PM
Feb 2018
FLCL has the best soundtrack imo, Pillows has created something really unique and special.
Nov 7, 2019 6:19 PM

Dec 2017
I'm not seeing enough of Girls' Last Tour, Evangelion, Kill la Kill, or FMA 2003, Dragon Maid, Kyousougiga, and Kare Kano

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Nov 7, 2019 6:26 PM
Mar 2018
My favorite OSTs are
Maison Ikkoku
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Macross
GITS (both the movie & Stand Alone Complex)
Kare Kano
pretty much anything Yoko Kanno & Kenji Kawai have their names attached to
Gunbuster
Cardcaptor Sakura
Nov 7, 2019 6:33 PM
Jul 2019
Space Dandy, Attack on Titan, Samurai Champloo and FLCL. FLCL has the best soundtrack in anime in my opinon.
Nov 7, 2019 6:35 PM

Oct 2017
Chihayafuru just kills it every time for me.
Nov 7, 2019 7:23 PM

Aug 2019
Kill La Kill, Naruto, Attack on Titan, Guilty Crown, Kimi No Na Wa, Seven Deadly Sins.

All great OSTs.
Nov 7, 2019 11:41 PM

Sep 2017
ATTACK ON TITAN

and every Hiroyuki Sawano, Yuki Kajiura OST

Jojo series as well
Nov 7, 2019 11:50 PM
Dec 2018
Madoka Magica

And I don't think I've loved any soundtrack more.
Nov 7, 2019 11:57 PM

Jul 2016
Detective Conan(First 5 movies are Godly),
Kare Kano,
Hajime no Ippo,
NHK ni Youkoso,
3-Gatsu no Lion.

This is basically my fav anime list...
I do think the timings are important, and those animes I've listed are really good at it as well.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Nov 8, 2019 12:15 AM
Jan 2017

Madoka magica
Violet Evergarden
Naruto Shippuuden
Clannad
Made in Abyss
Nov 8, 2019 12:17 AM
Apr 2019
Attack on Titan

soundtracks are fantastic, inspiring and also full of emotions
Nov 8, 2019 12:32 AM

Jul 2019
I will have to say JoJo. All of the themes and background musics are great. Also Kengan Ashura has some lit musics as well. Also Made in Abyss is just beautiful.
Nov 8, 2019 12:33 AM
Jul 2018
Haikyuu
Hero Academia
Megala box
Gintama
Death note
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Naruto
Nov 8, 2019 1:44 AM

Oct 2016
Naruto (Shippuden)
Death Note
Fairy Tail
Tokyo Ghoul
Nov 8, 2019 11:56 AM

Sep 2017
Made in Abyss
3-gatsu no Lion
Naruto
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Bleach
Shingeki no Kyojin
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Violet Evergarden
Of course Your lie in April
Baccano!
Durarara!!
Mmaodka Magica
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Any Miyazaki movie

Honestly, most of anime have nice soundtracks, and some of them, like the ones I listed, have gorgeous soundtracks
Nov 8, 2019 12:08 PM
Feb 2019
Monogatari Series
Madoka Magica
Death Note
Made in Abyss
Clannad
3-Gatsu no Lion
Nov 8, 2019 12:11 PM

Sep 2018
both are pretty recent, but I love The Promised Neverland's & Dr. Stone's soundtracks

to mention an older one for contrast Durarara!! has also a dope one, I'd recognize that tracklist anywhere
Nov 8, 2019 12:15 PM

Sep 2018
Madoka magica (my favourite one)
Snk
Made in abyss
Fate/zero
Clannad
Death note
Naruto
Fmab
3 gatsu no lion
Hunter x hunter
Demon slayer :)
Fairy tail
Doc101Nov 8, 2019 12:31 PM
Nov 8, 2019 12:19 PM

Dec 2015
gintama is pretty cool especially in later ops,kimetsu has very good ost,jojo of cours,ace attorney has good ost even it is not a good adaptation music adapt. is good
Nov 8, 2019 12:30 PM

Feb 2014
In no particular order:
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
The Big O
Aria
Fullmetal Alchemist (2003)
Texhnolyze
Welcome to the NHK
Mushishi
FLCL
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Houseki no Kuni
Ping Pong The Animation
Noein
3 gatsu no Lion
Nov 8, 2019 12:45 PM

Jan 2017
Clannad
Grisaia
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 and 2202
Nov 8, 2019 10:46 PM
Jul 2018
Panty and Stocking's and Kuuchuu Buranko's really stand out to me.
Nov 8, 2019 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
Made in Abyss, Zankyou No Terror, Kino's Journey
Nov 10, 2019 2:05 AM

Feb 2017
I have a whole collection of anime soundtracks that I listen to daily on my phone. Am that obsessed with great music from anime.

Clannad - Place where wishes come true, Roaring Tides, Town Flow of Time People, Snowfield
Overlord - Silent Solitude
Aldnoah Zero - Aliez and Breathless
Angel Beats - Ichiban no Takaramono, Theme of the SSS
Violet Evergarden - A Doll's Beginning, Michishirube, Memories of You
Get Backers - Makubex, Electric Shock
Death Note - The World
Death Parade - Flyers, Last Theater
Elfen Lied - Lilium
Code Geass - Madder Sky, Continued Story
Bungou Stray Dogs - Namae wo Yobu Yo, Lily
PsychoPass - Psycho Pass Theme, Namae No Nai Kaibutsu
Working!! - Go to Heart Edge
FrozenLichNov 10, 2019 2:58 AM
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 26

61 by MillerEvans23 »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Pick your favourite in this list!

AnimeLover1289 - 8 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

264 by Entity72 »»
8 minutes ago

» Dai Sato (Ergo Proxy, Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop) Video Interview

MisatoAdmin - 24 minutes ago

0 by MisatoAdmin »»
24 minutes ago

» Best anime from Disney+?

Spunkert - 53 minutes ago

7 by PARZIVAL_1 »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.