Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 5, 2019 7:58 AM
Jul 2019
What a magnificent episode. Absolutely incredible.
Nov 5, 2019 9:27 AM

Oct 2018
deg said:
btw where is Ear of Askeladd? is he dead? offscreen lol

Not sure if Ear ever thought of betraying Askeladd like the others. He doesn't seem like a fighter at all, more of a "navigator". So I assume he probably got slaughtered when Thorkell and co surrounded them?
Nov 5, 2019 9:50 AM
Oct 2016
This show is so awesome, but damn the episodes are way too short!!!
Nov 5, 2019 9:52 AM

Dec 2018
The anime has been good so I think they wont do something like that

Nov 5, 2019 10:02 AM

Oct 2017
*knock* *knock*
- Hello?
ROFL
Thorkell is a beast, lol.
I hope he kills those two soon.
Unfortunately, they'll probably trick him and escape somehow...
Nov 5, 2019 10:05 AM

Jul 2014
Gotta loves how Askaland's men are getting butchered like animals for massacring those poor villagers a few episodes ago, shout out to that girl from few episodes ago she actually avenged her people.

Overall pretty intense and good episode. Askaland had some serious death flags this episode and would have been dead if it not for Thorkill.
I fully expect Askaland to die soon though.

At last, Thorfin vs Throkill rematch hype ~
Nov 5, 2019 5:28 PM

Dec 2015
The show was indeed needing a more fast paced episode, but holy shit! One of the best directed episodes of the year. It certainly made me hooked way more than a certain episode 19 from a certain anime
BetterTasteNov 17, 2019 4:57 AM
Nov 5, 2019 6:05 PM

Nov 2014
Askeladd is such a boss. Refusing to back down even when dozens of arrows are coming at him, surrounded by over 50 enemies, and even when more enemies showed up, he's still able to keep calm and collected and talk his way out of dying and act composed in front of Thorkell even when he's kneeling on the ground bleeding all over. what a man.

also props to Thorfinn for coming to his rescue. although he only did it cause he wants Askeladd to be his to kill, it still warms my heart to see he cares for Askeladd to some degree (like deep within him and he'll never admit it). like i thought, Askeladd is becoming like a father/mentor figure to thorfinn. He's not gonna let go so soon.

cannot wait for Thorfinn vs Thorkell round 2 next week (the op spoiled a bit but im not complaining)

also, the prince fell on his face lolol i totally thought thorfinn was gonna catch him welp i guess not, the ship has sunk XDD

Alca said:
OMG! I wish I could travel 1 week into the future just to watch the next episode! This fight is going to be so amazing! CANT WAIT ANY LONGER!

apparently they're on break next week
ttcchenNov 5, 2019 6:10 PM
Nov 5, 2019 7:07 PM

Feb 2018
Ahhh yes manga readers bitching just like typical manga readers
Nov 5, 2019 7:38 PM

Jun 2019
This was a pretty decent episode. Some more gore than usual.

I'm interested to see who wins the fight in the next episode. Thorkell seems like the obvious choice, but I have a feeling either Thorfinn will win or it'll be a draw with someone else breaking up the fight.

I've seen a lot of people saying it was better in the manga, which is probably true. But I haven't read the manga, so I can't comment.
Nov 6, 2019 3:38 AM

Sep 2019
Aw, look at Thorkell doing his stretches.
But yikes, those poor guys getting wrecked after their betrayal. Pretty much deserved it though.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Nov 6, 2019 5:25 AM

Jul 2017
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Ahhh yes manga readers bitching just like typical manga readers

Oh the welp! The usual stuff of complaints...

But anyways, the internal revolt of Askeladd vs. his own men sent the whole group in disarray. His luck may have ran out, but in exchange, his skills cannot be faked. The usual gore is toned down, not so say that it was bad in anyway.

In the midst of the fiasco, Thorkell managed to close the gap, it was a string of luck on his side. I'd ridicule the rebel leader (and his followers) anyways is gonna end up dead, as per Thorkell's reasoning, because there's no one else that can do but him alone.

It's so funnily ridiculous that even looks can be intimidated that you can even die standing, at least for Thorkell. The battle has come back for another duel between Thorkell and Thorfinn, but this time, it's to save Askeladd. Can't wait for Round 2...

The thing about Askeladd and the whole thing about Avalon, is that his young days were full of fairy tales, although "awaiting" for the "true king" for him to serve, because he's still have someone to pledge allegiance to, but due to his old age and mentality, he has grown out of it and going on his own way.
KANLen09Nov 6, 2019 5:29 AM
Nov 6, 2019 6:22 AM

Jun 2017
Fun episode, although i do think torgrim's thingy could have been better
Nov 6, 2019 8:29 AM

Mar 2018
Despite many complaints the episode is still rated pretty high. As disappointing as some visuals may have been, people are still loving the shit out of the story, and in the end it's all that matters.
Nov 6, 2019 9:04 AM

Feb 2017
Wish Thorkell mind breaking Torgrim was better, but it was still an amazing episode. Askeladd shows that despite his old age he can still stand his ground and Thorfinn shows how insane he is in his quest for revenge. Next episodes should be even better.
Nov 6, 2019 9:12 AM

Mar 2018
Pretty ok episode. Thorkell killing the rebels was pretty predictable. Not much hype for Thorfinn's fight with Thokell either.

The problem with this episode was with character designs and animation. Both were worse than previous episodes. Also the censorship. Both these factors pretty much destroyed any entertainment value for this episode for me.

3/5
Nov 6, 2019 10:18 AM
Aug 2018
Devil_Slayer said:
Gotta loves how Askaland's men are getting butchered like animals for massacring those poor villagers a few episodes ago, shout out to that girl from few episodes ago she actually avenged her people.

Overall pretty intense and good episode. Askaland had some serious death flags this episode and would have been dead if it not for Thorkill.

I wanted to forget the events that happened prior to this cus they were so sad and horrible but it seems now askellad's group got what is coming to them. All the more satisfying.
Nov 7, 2019 4:53 AM

Jul 2014
Leo said:
Good episode.

I have to say, forget about the people being killed left and right, I feel more sorry for the horses, especially the one that got punched by Thorkell.

Thorfinn vs Thorkell is something I'm looking forward to.

Same, felt bad with the horses
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Nov 7, 2019 4:58 AM

Jun 2017
What a great episode! It's great to see lots of action in this episode, I mean, what were Askeladd's men expecting from Thorkell? Mercy? Ah, they were just dumb. Looks like Thorfinn and Thorkell are gonna be facing off in the next episode, can't wait to see that! Damn, that Thorkell is really awesome, he just punched a horse straight into the air with pure brute strenght.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 7, 2019 5:22 AM

Jun 2015
karlstein12 said:

Thorfinn really comes off as overpowered at times, he must've ran over and killed a dozen guys while in his horse.

It's not that he's overpowered, he just uses the element of surprise. Also, ever tried to stop a rampaging horse? That animal can wreck a shit-ton of dudes without effort.

He also employs acrobatics and trickery, kinda like Askeladd does (like how Askeladd finger-stabbed one dude's eyes for example) in his fights. I'd say Thors and Thorkell are way more OP, especially the latter as in the manga he does some superhuman shit later on.
uh oh!
Nov 7, 2019 1:06 PM
Feb 2019
This is good. Only thing is, I have no idea where this is going to go if Askeladd dies.
Nov 7, 2019 3:49 PM
Dec 2018
mertsi said:
he does some superhuman shit later on.

I mean...in London he was throwing whole frickin trees😂
Nov 7, 2019 5:58 PM

Aug 2014
It wasn't as intense as it was in the manga but I thought it was still pretty good. I'm honestly surprised at the backlash though, even made the director apologize on twitter :(
Nov 8, 2019 10:27 AM

Jun 2015
machetevuoi said:
mertsi said:
he does some superhuman shit later on.

I mean...in London he was throwing whole frickin trees😂

Well, that’s still distantly plausible that he’d be swinging logs, but what happened to him in the manga recently is beyond ridiculous. Not gonna spoil anything, though!
uh oh!
Nov 8, 2019 12:16 PM
Nov 2017
Someone's gotta be crazy not to give this one 5 stars.. HOLY crap this is insane. That fire inside Thorfinn is showing, for real. That spirit never lets us down and it's burning stronger than ever now... His screams gave me the chills, 10/10 voice acting that one, oh my God. This is by far one of the best episodes, so much fighting.

I'm kind of scared to watch the next few episodes though, "what if" this and "what if" that. But I'm with Thorfinn all the way!!!! <3333
Nov 8, 2019 12:53 PM

Aug 2014
K1ngOfSloth said:
Damn this is epic
Can't wait for the fight now

Torgrim deserved to die lol. His death (is he dead?) was so lame too
I love Thorkell's personality. How he said kill all except Askeladd.

What mushroom did Bjorn eat tho? Looked like that poisonous one to me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria#Vikings
Nov 8, 2019 4:32 PM

Aug 2018
Thorkel flipped a charging horse with an uppercut lol
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Nov 8, 2019 7:26 PM

Dec 2012
If only this had better animation.
Nov 8, 2019 7:28 PM

Jan 2019
I cannot wait to see Thorfin and Thorkel go at it again.
Nov 9, 2019 10:40 AM

Jan 2014
I don't get the complaints. Animation still was good. Nobody will be drawing and wasting time for high quality fights for many random characters. Watchers doesnt care about random vikings so why WIT Studio must care? Next episode should have only the best animation.

5/5
Taito10Nov 9, 2019 10:44 AM
Nov 9, 2019 7:07 PM

Aug 2015
This was a very action packed episode. Thorkell is one strong guy. Pretty amazing to see his strength. He's still himself. I wonder if Thorfinn will ever find out that Thorkell and Thors used to be on the same team. Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 10, 2019 4:06 AM
Jul 2018
Android_Ji said:
Devil_Slayer said:

I wanted to forget the events that happened prior to this cus they were so sad and horrible but it seems now askellad's group got what is coming to them. All the more satisfying.
My thoughts exactly! Funny how the redhead girl thought she was tempted about stealing the ring. If we go by the context of the story, seems like God has worked his way. If she didn't steal it, she wouldn't have gone out the house that night, away from the danger and stayed alive. Thus falling into the hands of Thorkell's men, giving away their location, Askeladd's bunch reached climax. Their interests and frustration clashed with Askeladd, he started killing them, Throkell joined the 'party' on top of that...

Well, ladies. Karma is a bitch after all.
Nov 10, 2019 4:51 AM

May 2015
Lol poor T...something guy. Got mental breakdown against thorkell. Well, who wouldnt.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 10, 2019 8:42 AM

Jul 2013
I'm disappointed in Askellad's men not because they betrayed him but because of how they're scared as hell of dying. Like what about all the battles you've been through? All the innocent people you've killed? I thought they would've been heartless killers who are used to death by now. Probably because they're used to always being the one with the upper hand, cause Askellad is a genius tactician. So when they've been in a series of unfortunate circumstances, they folded like paper. Pathetic. Also, Thorfinn is totally gonna lose.
Nov 10, 2019 8:57 AM

Feb 2008
Thorkell is a crazy bastard, his VA is doing an outstanding job. Although Thorfinn is not that far behind when it comes to insanity.
Nov 10, 2019 2:28 PM
Dec 2016
this really has been the best episode of the series yet and that is saying alot since they all have been pretty amazing. The battles the way askeladd turned on the danes and how thorkell respected him enough to keep him alive and kill his men instead for being traders. I cant wait another week to see Thorfinn and Thorkell fight its going to be amazing. Also that scene were Askeladd splits that dude in half was bad A**
Nov 10, 2019 2:29 PM
Dec 2016
Led_Wayline said:
Thorkell is a crazy bastard, his VA is doing an outstanding job. Although Thorfinn is not that far behind when it comes to insanity.
I dont think Thorfinn is insane hes more at a point where he just doesnt care and has been there for awhile all he wants is to duel and beat Askeladd and when that happens he will be at peace
Nov 11, 2019 6:56 PM

Oct 2013
That was magnificent! This episode was utterly fantastic in every aspect! :D

I expected Thorfinn vs. Thorkell duel to take place on snow after seeing the second opening, but I thought we would see "the duel of chads" between Askeladd and Thorkell first. But whatever, what happened during the show exceeded my expectations.

Can't wait to see the duel!!
Nov 12, 2019 1:52 AM

Nov 2019
Nov 12, 2019 7:06 PM

Aug 2019
Finally managed to catch up with the last couple of episodes.

This was one of the best of the season, up there with Episode 04. 5/5.
Nov 13, 2019 12:31 PM

Jul 2014
Ahh maan why did they have to do this cliffhanger
Nov 17, 2019 3:18 AM

Oct 2008
Another supreme badass episode!
Askeladd is so badass single-handedly taking down 50+ traitorous men of his own!
Karma to the men of Askeladd bring their death for all those innocent villagers that they massacred! KARMA INDEED. different case for Askeladd cuz he's badass!
and one of the most supreme climax of the episode! Thorfinn arriving and so badass in rage with no fear! he still has his number one priority! to bring down Askeladd but in top form as well!
Looks like there would be hype battle between Thorkell vs Thorfinn but doubt something different would happen...cuz i read (not spoilers) but some events on the character page of MAL...
can't wait for the next episode!
5/5.

Nov 26, 2019 1:58 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
So satisfying to see how Thorfinn grew from a cry baby to a fearless warrior, the kind of warriors that exceed those who called themselves mighty warriors, whilst in the same breath passed out just looking at their demise. I'm here worried that Thorfinn might grow a soft side for Askeladd someday.
Dec 11, 2019 1:08 PM

Apr 2016
This and the previous one were pretty good episodes. However, I noticed a drop in quality, I remembered it was better in term of animations, but it’s still ok.
Dec 18, 2019 7:48 AM
Feb 2019
omg episode full of twists, and Askeladd getting away from danger again, i love this character
Dec 21, 2019 4:28 AM
Dec 2019
Wow, was close to bumping my score up the last couple of episodes because of the nice backstory of Askeladd and interactions between prince Canut and Thorfinn. Then I sadly get reminded of that waste of screentime that is the battle shounen dropout Thorkel. That the animation quality dropped so hard doesn't help either.

The mutiny was really nice and I didn't expect that so many would go against Askeladd.
Dec 21, 2019 7:05 AM
Aug 2019
Sylverthas said:
Wow, was close to bumping my score up the last couple of episodes because of the nice backstory of Askeladd and interactions between prince Canut and Thorfinn. Then I sadly get reminded of that waste of screentime that is the battle shounen dropout Thorkel. That the animation quality dropped so hard doesn't help either.

The mutiny was really nice and I didn't expect that so many would go against Askeladd.

Lol 😂 in 2 episodes you’ll be bumping up that score
Dec 21, 2019 10:58 AM
Dec 2019
EchoAnEternity said:
Sylverthas said:

Lol 😂 in 2 episodes you’ll be bumping up that score

Can't deny that. In particular the show got a lot better when Thorkel's screentime got reduced in the latest episodes :D
Dec 24, 2019 11:05 PM

Dec 2015
Thorfinn is gonna get his ass kicked.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 27, 2019 12:27 AM

Aug 2017
I liked the part where Askeladd slaughtered almost everyone and even cut one dude in half lol. Also, I really dislike Torgrim and I'm glad that he literally got mind raped by Thorkell's pressure.

The only issue in this episode was the bad animation in some scenes but the writing is amazing so I can forgive WIT.

NurguburuDec 27, 2019 12:30 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

352 by Herrior »»
Apr 23, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

795 by Lawgun »»
Apr 23, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

391 by ecklonia »»
Apr 15, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

271 by Fibyu »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.