Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 1, 2019 8:34 PM
May 2019
turns out there's some people making troll accounts to write dogshit review because a show is not exactly tailored to their tastes. what are your thoughts on this?
Nov 1, 2019 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
How do you know they're troll accounts?
Nov 1, 2019 8:42 PM

Oct 2013
I've known this since I've first joined. People also give shows low scores just because they hate how high something is rated. People are childish and petty, this is nothing new.
FanofActionNov 1, 2019 8:46 PM
Nov 1, 2019 8:44 PM
May 2019
RealTheAbsurdist said:
well my accusation hasn't been proven tho, the user just joined mal recently, only watched one anime, and write some shitty review on that same anime. for me that's kinda fishy dude.
Nov 1, 2019 8:48 PM

Oct 2019
Those people exist no matter the platform. But I don't see it as an issue, seeing as how MAL is popular with thousands of people rating, a couple of fake reviews won't exactly move the needle on a show's rating. It's like a drop in the ocean. Unless they have thousands of fake accounts, it's not gonna do much.
Nov 1, 2019 8:50 PM

Dec 2017
same people that make fake accounts to give 1s to shows that are higher than their favorite?
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Nov 1, 2019 8:52 PM
May 2019
Reina_Orikasa said:
same people that make fake accounts to give 1s to shows that are higher than their favorite?
including and especially that too.
Nov 1, 2019 8:53 PM

Oct 2019
ramdit said:
turns out there's some people making troll accounts to write dogshit review because a show is not exactly tailored to their tastes. what are your thoughts on this?

Also, reviews and ratings are subjective to the viewer. Personal tastes differ after all, and for every anime that majority consider a masterpiece, there are those who find it shit. Some don't like an anime BECAUSE others like it, sorta like I'm a rebel I'm fuckin cool. Which is perfectly fine with me, people are different after all. And like I said in my previous reply, the dogshit fake review and rating won't exactly change anything given that thousand others have rated the show genuinely.
Nov 1, 2019 8:55 PM

Oct 2019
ramdit said:
Reina_Orikasa said:
including and especially that too.

People seriously do this? Goddamn that is petty af LOL
Nov 2, 2019 12:33 AM

Oct 2010
They have too much time on their hands, they could've used that time to watch more ecchi anime instead. But at the end of the day, the review mods should just delete the reviews if they really aren't in conformity with the rules.
Nov 2, 2019 12:43 AM

Jun 2016
This happens in every website so just accept it, some of them can even be funny. Besides, how are you gonna tell them apart from real reviews without adding an "verified viewer" system that's impossible to implement?
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Nov 2, 2019 12:48 AM

Jul 2012
This is not a particularly well hidden secret and you probably take them too seriously.

Like some reviews will literally just be a single message spammed across multiple series, or in general have no relation to the shows, but they also often get deleted if they're obviously fake reviews.

Ratings boosting and bombing is already a common theme on any review site so it should be no surprise that it's also a thing here.
Nov 2, 2019 12:55 AM

May 2018
They don't live too long to be a problem. I always report accounts with troll reviews and troll forum posts and mod's reply comes really quick

Nov 2, 2019 12:55 AM

May 2015
If the review is bad then it's on the community not to rate it. If people vote it maybe that review isn't a troll review, it just isn't tailored to your taste.
zalNov 2, 2019 12:58 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2019 12:57 AM

Sep 2008
the only kind of troll reviews I see are the ironic 10/10 ones that praise trash shows for how good they are at being bad. those make me smile.
as for the so called bad troll reviews, I've never seen one.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Nov 3, 2019 10:29 AM

Mar 2017
Fake reviews are nothing new. They were a problem on amazon even 15-20 years ago when I reported a user who was posting totally made-up reviews that bore no resemblance to the books in question.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Nov 3, 2019 10:35 AM

Feb 2019
You don't need troll accounts to write troll reviews. Plenty of guys with 100+ completed anime have written such reviews. I come across them every now and then.
Nov 3, 2019 10:41 AM

Apr 2016
It's only one of the problems caused by childish users. It's like who creates fake accounts to downvote or upvote a series' score. I don't know what's the gain on do that, considering that it's only a score on an online site that I think not so much people care about xD
Nov 3, 2019 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
What would be the point of making a fake one? No one would see it if the said show you reviewed wasn't currently airing or just ended. On top of that, it doesn't affect the show's score by itself. What exactly would be gained from it?
Nov 3, 2019 10:50 AM

Sep 2019
ramdit said:

ramdit said:
well my accusation hasn't been proven tho, the user just joined mal recently, only watched one anime, and write some shitty review on that same anime. for me that's kinda fishy dude.

LMAO & who do you think you are to classify reviews as fake? how does that work.. just because a review is not to your liking it's fake? furthermore how do you know he just watched one anime? checking his anime list is useless, for example I have watched well over a hundred anime before I joined MAL recently & after that I watched dozens of animes yet there are only a handfull of animes in my list that is because I don't bother adding every anime to MAL, even if he is a new member that is meaningless, most likely he watched the anime, thought it was so crappy that he had to write a review for it so he joined MAL, such reviews are about as fake as your own reviews (ie: they are not fake at all & they represent the personal openion which is completely fine).
Nov 3, 2019 10:50 AM

Dec 2015
RealTheAbsurdist said:

Yeah I wonder why.

When the account is brand new, nothing completed, no friends.
And the first thing ever happend with the account was a review where it was wroten this anime sucks 10000x times.

^.-

Nov 3, 2019 10:51 AM

Dec 2015
RealTheAbsurdist said:

It's the same thing with the FMAB guys making new accounts to lower the score of shows that is closing in on FMAB.

Nov 3, 2019 11:09 AM

Oct 2019
Giving fake reviews on fake/troll accounts to make a show/manga go down in ranking is abusing the MAL system unfortunately. Because the show "doesn't dictate to my tastes, therefore I should review bomb it" is the same mentality with Hollywood movies/adaptations that fanboys do to movies that "offend them" such as Black Panther last year and Joker with this year. There are other examples of course, but the review bombing cause I dont like it fake mob mentality is getting out of hand
Nov 3, 2019 11:32 AM
Aug 2016
Where are the review mods when this happen?
I made some reviews and they deleted them because they said it lack some information, but they don't do anything about the review trolls? That's not fair.
Nov 3, 2019 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
You don't even need to watch a series. Just read a wiki or other reviews and construct your own
Nov 3, 2019 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
ramdit said:

Where is this fake review?

Where is it?
Nov 3, 2019 3:05 PM

May 2016
I have no clue on what user is, because the only fake accouns we're the symphogear xv back in July and that's about much i can tell~
Nov 3, 2019 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
Do we have any examples of this? I hardly ever read reviews so I wouldn't know if one was fake or not.
Nov 3, 2019 3:14 PM

Dec 2018
It's just a few reviews and bad scores, nobody will perish from it lol

Besides, where are we gonna draw the line between a genuine negative review or a fake one
Oregairu is life
Nov 3, 2019 3:52 PM
Dec 2018
Setsuei said:
I've known this since I've first joined. People also give shows low scores just because they hate how high something is rated. People are childish and petty, this is nothing new.

I remember that case with Symphogear XV because also Vinland Saga was airing and there was a discussion about fake account that give Symphogear a low score because they don't want that this surpass Vinland Saga or that's what I understand. If you want to check, there is.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1800718
Nov 3, 2019 3:59 PM

Oct 2013
HelaLove said:
Setsuei said:

I remember that case with Symphogear XV because also Vinland Saga was airing and there was a discussion about fake account that give Symphogear a low score because they don't want that this surpass Vinland Saga or that's what I understand. If you want to check, there is.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1800718

Honestly can't say that surprises me.
Nov 6, 2019 7:23 AM

Feb 2013
I can understand people writing fake negative reviews on businesses - you know, personal agenda, being a competitor, whatever.

But for anime? On MAL? Like you're trying to achieve what exactly? It's not like it harms anyone but butthurt fandom, lol.
Nov 6, 2019 7:37 AM
Dec 2017
Tachik0ma said:
Those people exist no matter the platform. But I don't see it as an issue, seeing as how MAL is popular with thousands of people rating, a couple of fake reviews won't exactly move the needle on a show's rating. It's like a drop in the ocean. Unless they have thousands of fake accounts, it's not gonna do much.

actrually they are a lot of troll than you imagine.
they can even make a stupid show like pingu in the city have a high score than most of good anime.
they also can make the score of FMAB drope just so the AoT S3 can top it and vese versa
Nov 6, 2019 7:39 AM
Apr 2017
Jese23 said:
ramdit said:

Where is it?
...you weren't there when the fmab fanchildren swarmed snk s3p2 en masse to give it 1s while giving fmab 10s, and all of it because of a software hiccough?
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Nov 6, 2019 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
Kurgo said:
Jese23 said:

Where is it?
...you weren't there when the fmab fanchildren swarmed snk s3p2 en masse to give it 1s while giving fmab 10s, and all of it because of a software hiccough?

Not sure what you are getting at??

I'm not denying this happens, I just want to see the review
Nov 6, 2019 8:10 AM
May 2019
objkenkage said:
ramdit said:

ramdit said:

LMAO & who do you think you are to classify reviews as fake? how does that work.. just because a review is not to your liking it's fake? furthermore how do you know he just watched one anime? checking his anime list is useless, for example I have watched well over a hundred anime before I joined MAL recently & after that I watched dozens of animes yet there are only a handfull of animes in my list that is because I don't bother adding every anime to MAL, even if he is a new member that is meaningless, most likely he watched the anime, thought it was so crappy that he had to write a review for it so he joined MAL, such reviews are about as fake as your own reviews (ie: they are not fake at all & they represent the personal openion which is completely fine).
you have a point, it might be just from my early assumption.
Nov 6, 2019 8:22 AM
May 2019
objkenkage said:
ramdit said:

ramdit said:

probably the fact that after he wrote the review, he never went online on MAL again. but then again, this is just an early assumption tho or he probably really hated the anime so much he decided to join MAL just to give a bad review about it, and that's okay i guess :).
Nov 6, 2019 8:22 AM

Apr 2019
ramdit said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Would it be less fishy when he wrote two shitty reviews? Three? Five? Ten?

Nov 6, 2019 4:00 PM

Oct 2008
I don't read reviews, since I think that even the synopsis of a series is spoiling it a little. So people writing fake reviews of anime they didn't like, are wasting the time they could spend on watching good anime.
Nov 7, 2019 7:21 AM

Nov 2016
A better question is why do you care? Do you let other people's opinions influence how you enjoy something?
Nov 7, 2019 12:26 PM

Apr 2010
They are totally bored. Poor people.

Nov 7, 2019 12:57 PM

Oct 2017
Notice how a ton of the successful airing shows have more 1s than they do 2s, 3s, or 4s.

People are really out here downvoting like it's r/anime.
Nov 7, 2019 1:05 PM

Dec 2015
if theyre shitty anime they deserve it
no

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 4 hours ago

73 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
3 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Apr 25

32 by Kenzolo-folk »»
7 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

76 by Bandulf »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 1 hour ago

4 by Zettaiken »»
11 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.