Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 23, 2019 1:22 PM
May 2018
she is so fucking annoying its actually unbelievable, why is she so liked?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2019 1:59 PM
Jan 2015
Cause she's badass and has moe gap. Plus she had solid growth and development as a character. There's a lot to like with her tbh.
My Queens

Oct 23, 2019 2:12 PM

Apr 2016
She’s a very good character, her development and growth as an AI were great. Also, she will be even better during this second part of Alicization, where she will be the main character.
Oct 23, 2019 8:16 PM

Jan 2017
JoshMan said:

Why is she annoying? All she's ever done since the start of this season is serve for the betterment of others - her selfishness, kindness, and beauty all outrank other characters of the show right now.
Oct 23, 2019 10:05 PM
Feb 2018
She’s an actual character with growth, unlike pretty much every other character in the series. And her character trope is far less common than most, making her far more enjoyable than everyone in Kirito’s harem.
Oct 24, 2019 11:34 AM

Sep 2015
She and Eugeo has actually characterization. She's also pretty damn badass.
I find Asuna more annoying tbh.
Only problem is that the first half of the anime skimmed through everything so Eugeo was butchered. But Alice is the main character in the second half so hopefully would get a more deserving display.
Oct 25, 2019 10:00 AM

Nov 2008
Because she's BADASS and beautiful.

...lol what a stupid question.

Oct 25, 2019 11:12 AM

Sep 2016
Only problem is that the first half of the anime skimmed through everything so Eugeo was butchered

Only the first 4-5 episodes were skimmed.
bruh
Oct 25, 2019 11:18 AM

Dec 2016
> sexy blonde badass

What's not to like?

What's the difference?
Oct 25, 2019 4:23 PM
May 2018
Nickelodeon824 said:
She’s an actual character with growth, unlike pretty much every other character in the series. And her character trope is far less common than most, making her far more enjoyable than everyone in Kirito’s harem.

mass produced annoying blonde tsundere, saw it pretty often

LOL at the people who say she is badass... she is a piece of garbage
Oct 25, 2019 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
Asuna + Saber = Her.
She's proeficient in combat, has a nice seiyuu, and a cool sword.
Not the best per se but she's my third favorite girl (1. Asuna 2.Yuuki 3. Her).
JoshMan said:
she is a piece of garbage

Nah m8, she's not. She's sugoi kawaii kyun kyun.
Oct 25, 2019 8:04 PM
May 2014
That moment when you're the one that annoying, not Alice. Use realistic reason if you want a discussion. Not something like "Saw it pretty often". Lol
Oct 25, 2019 10:08 PM

Nov 2008
JoshMan said:

LOL at the people who say she is badass... she is a piece of garbage

Alice called me and said your FACE is a piece of garbage. :)

Oct 25, 2019 10:17 PM

Nov 2011
This is a pretty bad bait thread.

Oct 26, 2019 6:48 AM
May 2018
Kaiser-chan said:

says the guy with a pile of garbage as a profile pic
Oct 26, 2019 6:49 AM
May 2018
Nick-Knight said:
Asuna + Saber = Her.
She's proeficient in combat, has a nice seiyuu, and a cool sword.
Not the best per se but she's my third favorite girl (1. Asuna 2.Yuuki 3. Her).
JoshMan said:
she is a piece of garbage

Nah m8, she's not. She's sugoi kawaii kyun kyun.

asuna is great, but saber is just as big of a trash as alice, so I can see the connection between those 2
Oct 26, 2019 8:50 AM

Jul 2014
She's SAO's Saber (Artoria) and is voiced by Darkness' VA Kayano Ai.
I see nothing wrong.
Oct 26, 2019 9:55 AM
May 2018
-Stray said:
I see nothing wrong.

saber is garbage, so that explains everything then.
Oct 26, 2019 10:32 AM

May 2018
She is better than Asuna. Enuff said.
Oct 26, 2019 10:33 AM

Aug 2016
Gorochu said:
She is better than Asuna. Enuff said.

I second this, hotter and more badass xd
Oct 26, 2019 10:45 AM

Nov 2008
JoshMan said:
-Stray said:
I see nothing wrong.

saber is garbage, so that explains everything then.

I get it now.

You hate sword-swinging blondes.

What did we ever do to you? :|
ChiibiOct 26, 2019 10:51 AM

Oct 26, 2019 12:41 PM

Feb 2014
Because kayano x tsugu otp

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Oct 26, 2019 12:47 PM

Feb 2019
Troll is obvious. For one, Alice is a minority character in the SAO community, Asuna is undoubtedly the most popular girl and even just won the r/anime best girl of 2018-19 poll. So no, Alice is not as popular as you think. However, there are cultured individuals like myself who prefer she and Kirito and have her as best girl. Why? Because she’s best girl. And best waifu. Reading the LN’s, particularly volume 15 and 16 will explain this. Which I’m sure you haven’t done. The better question is, “Why do people like asuna?” A generic cutout shell of a former self. Asuna is the annoying one.
Oct 26, 2019 12:50 PM

May 2016
How the fuck is she annoying? She's being selfless and helping the village people and taking care of Kirito since he went comatose. She's a lovely girl and flawless in every way

(ik this is a bait thread)
Oct 26, 2019 1:03 PM

Jun 2019
Why the fuck is she annoying?

Shitty thread.
Oct 26, 2019 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
Because Alice and Asuna are the best girls of SAO, with Sinon coming after them.
Oct 26, 2019 10:31 PM

May 2015
Saber carries the whole Fate franchise, I don't see how a copy of Saber in SAO can be disliked
Oct 27, 2019 1:08 AM
Jun 2017
Im excited for this one as Asuna will be in the underworld already, so that means ASUNA AND ALICE will see each other already... yeah...

Ohh the battle for Kirito will now between Asuna vs Alice... hahaha
Oct 27, 2019 2:32 AM

Nov 2008
Okay the real question is why everyone is responding to this obvious retarded Outrage Bait thread. because this idiot is not giving any reasons why he hate's Alice, which is a very awesome character FYI.

Also not a very good look for you when people are calling you a Bot Account and you go out of your way to insult Fate and My Hero Academia, 2 super popular series that a lot people love, calling them "an insult to humanity" on your dead profile, sounds like your typical Anime Elitist Millennial.

This shitty thread will be purged in no time by a Moderator, because this Toxic Thread is not going anywhere.

HollowIchigo58Oct 27, 2019 2:52 AM
Oct 28, 2019 12:18 PM
Apr 2018
1. Because she is voiced by KAYANO AI, who seem to have some affair with MATSUOKA YOSHITSUGU (or that's what fan think/i don't know the details). Some Fans (minority) probably want to hook up ALICE with KIRITO because of this. I am not their fan, so i don't know.
2. Please, do not compare aLICE with SABER. SABER is the best. The only dislikers of SABER are TOHSAKA RIN's fan. Please, check SABER ratings on MAL.
3. Please do not compare ALICE with DARKNESS.

btw, Alice is a decent character when not compared with other similar anime characters.
Doutei-kunOct 28, 2019 12:23 PM
Oct 29, 2019 4:48 AM
Jan 2018
HollowIchigo58 said:
Okay the real question is why everyone is responding to this obvious retarded Outrage Bait thread. because this idiot is not giving any reasons why he hate's Alice, which is a very awesome character FYI.

Also not a very good look for you when people are calling you a Bot Account and you go out of your way to insult Fate and My Hero Academia, 2 super popular series that a lot people love, calling them "an insult to humanity" on your dead profile, sounds like your typical Anime Elitist Millennial.

This shitty thread will be purged in no time by a Moderator, because this Toxic Thread is not going anywhere.

They probably just mad that she is the one protecting kirto and not the other way round
Mattinator95Oct 29, 2019 5:16 AM
Oct 29, 2019 7:45 AM
Jan 2017
to sum it up for everyone in this thread, it is because everybody has their own preference and opinion.

question answered?
Oct 29, 2019 10:05 AM
Oct 2018
Omniculus said:
JoshMan said:

Why is she annoying? All she's ever done since the start of this season is serve for the betterment of others - her selfishness, kindness, and beauty all outrank other characters of the show right now.
Asuna is the best in all those categories!
Asuna>>>>>>>>>Alice
Doesn't mean I hate Alice but Asuna is bae!
Oct 29, 2019 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
I guess it's because the grass is always greener on the other side? The anime hasn't shown any negative aspects of Alice's personality yet therefore many fans currently have opinions of her.
Oct 29, 2019 2:38 PM

Jan 2009
lol good natured characters are annoying huh

plus she is more sexy than Asuna
Nov 1, 2019 11:24 PM

Feb 2013
Kanoplank said:
Nickelodeon824 said:

If Eugeo was still alive, Alice won't join Kirito's harem for sure. Additionally, Reki Kawahara killed so many characters that aren't necessary and ruined the story. Then, Kirito's harem increased and his best friend has gone. Probably I can't enjoy the War of Underworld because I shipped Alice with Eugeo but yet that's impossible. I wonder what will happen to Alice if her Fluctlight transfered into the reality world, hopefully no cafe scene again. Reincernate Eugeo's Fluctlight would make the story better since SAO I and SAO II were very bad because there are so many girls that ruined the storyline. That's why we need a male protagonist to fix the story and yet.. He's no longer available. I'm very unsatisfied, especially when Kirito's best friend died.

He ruined nothing. You're just like that because your wishful thinking wasn't complete
Nov 4, 2019 1:49 PM

Sep 2015
FullyCharged said:
Only problem is that the first half of the anime skimmed through everything so Eugeo was butchered

Only the first 4-5 episodes were skimmed.

They did technically skim through everything. Stuff between 4-5 was outright skipped. Everything else had the dialogue and minor scenes cut because that would stretch the anime way too long with nothing happening much other than learning a bit more about Eugeo.

They never really discussed Eugeo's family issues hence why a lot of people found it confusing when he got tempted at the end. Honestly so did I since I read the novel so long ago.
Eugeo also had some differing opinions to Kirito's at times but those were like minor dialogue. Part of the difference was because of how he's raised differently from Kirito, with the taboos and all.
Those are what separates Eugeo and Alice from other SAO characters in the first place. Their contrast also helps prop up Kirito. The differences help make Kirito more unique compared to the other two even if not much had really changed. But since these dialogues are "minor" they get removed.
zcv45Nov 4, 2019 1:58 PM
Nov 5, 2019 7:42 AM
Oct 2012
Kanoplank said:
Nickelodeon824 said:

If Eugeo was still alive, Alice won't join Kirito's harem for sure. Additionally, Reki Kawahara killed so many characters that aren't necessary and ruined the story. Then, Kirito's harem increased and his best friend has gone. Probably I can't enjoy the War of Underworld because I shipped Alice with Eugeo but yet that's impossible. I wonder what will happen to Alice if her Fluctlight transfered into the reality world, hopefully no cafe scene again. Reincernate Eugeo's Fluctlight would make the story better since SAO I and SAO II were very bad because there are so many girls that ruined the storyline. That's why we need a male protagonist to fix the story and yet.. He's no longer available. I'm very unsatisfied, especially when Kirito's best friend died.

The original post is gone but im still gonna quote you for clarifications, Reki did not only kill Eugeo, but Reki also killed Alice's original personality who (possibly) loves Eugeo as well. They are both dead, they won't come back. Yes, Alice's memories are gone forever, it was shown in the light novel that she remembers nothing about Selka, needing few months to actually drop her keigo/formal language towards her.. though it wasn't explained that well in the anime. This is why she has nothing towards Eugeo right now (feelings and memories basically deleted) and she only loves Kirito because he's the one who guided her back into human, as far as she remember
Nov 10, 2019 7:37 PM
Jan 2018
JoshMan said:

People like her because she's an inferior Saber clone.
Nov 11, 2019 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
depac said:

People like her because she's an inferior Saber clone.

Why Fate Fans Are Called "fate retard (fateガイジ、イキリ鯖太郎) " in Japan. 😂
Saber is plagiarism from Agrias.

I doubt this. Artoria was based on Arthur from Prototype but because they changed her to a woman so the game sells more they simply gave her a feminine armor. She was actually supposed to be a guy when they wrote the first concept for Fsn.
Nov 11, 2019 10:11 PM

Mar 2019
Made-In-Heaven said:
depac said:

Why Fate Fans Are Called "fate retard (fateガイジ、イキリ鯖太郎) " in Japan. 😂
Saber is plagiarism from Agrias.

I doubt this. Artoria was based on Arthur from Prototype but because they changed her to a woman so the game sells more they simply gave her a feminine armor. She was actually supposed to be a guy when they wrote the first concept for Fsn.

Well not really Arthur's final design is more based off Artoria then anything. Artoria was created very early in FSN development and was developed as Takeuchi's masterpiece. But yeah ignore this guy its a bait account.
Nov 11, 2019 10:15 PM

Jan 2013
Alice is really a dude.
Nov 22, 2019 1:18 PM
May 2016
JoshMan said:
Kaiser-chan said:

says the guy with a pile of garbage as a profile pic

now, wait a minute, I don't like inappropriate profile pics either, but ya don't insult people for them. This is MAL, people are just going to have them, and I've accepted that.
Nov 25, 2019 12:01 PM

Nov 2014
I like her sword... that is when it’s a sword and not junky light things flying around.

I love Alice in Wonderland, that association gets her lots of familiarity points.
Nov 25, 2019 6:42 PM
Aug 2018
She kinda looks like Saber, I guess that's why
Jan 1, 2020 3:42 PM

Aug 2017
She's badass and beautiful as others have said. Better character than the other girls.
Jan 3, 2020 2:58 AM

Sep 2016
Because she looks and feels like Saber. I liked her too, but then she fell for Kirito for some reason. Now she just looks like a bot to me. That said, her character is still way better than the other characters in SAO(excluding mah boi Eugeo of course).
Jan 3, 2020 3:58 AM

Jun 2019
We should wait until Kirito decides who cooks best. Alice took care of him during six months with just so much love and attention that it makes her really convincing. And as others said, she is an OP fighter with a personality and great morality, so I do not really see the issue with her. I am surprised that no one used the Marie Sue argument to dismiss her without discussions.
Jan 4, 2020 2:38 PM

Mar 2010
Nick-Knight said:
Asuna + Saber = Her.

I'm honestly happy I'm not the only one who thought this. She has the best aspects of both characters and it works brilliantly without taking away her personality.
Jan 4, 2020 7:48 PM
Jan 2019
Alice is a really good character, it's normal for people to like her, and this is her moment of glory. However, she's popular but not at all as Asuna. Even Sinon and Yuuki are more popular than her..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2019

160 by dilaxd »»
Jan 17, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

285 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.