Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 20, 2019 8:44 AM
Jul 2019

Everything is starting to be tooo underrated around here.

Oct 20, 2019 12:32 PM

Jun 2013

Lol are we not gonna talk about this

MAL Profile (friend me!) | YouTube Vlogs
Oct 20, 2019 3:18 PM

Apr 2018
I loved this episode. While it's sad to see these three rebels lose (sorry, Kuga), I'm glad we can now focus instead on the main ones. The thrill is huge!
Oct 20, 2019 3:23 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, Mimasaka tracing Kuga to assist him with the dish was an really awesome teamwork!

Mimasaka copying Saito with her tuna sushi dish was really amusing, cringe and at same time hilarious! And her mimic to other elite ten was funny aswell!

They did their best but they couldn't surpass Rindou and Saito, and lost!

They let a clifhanger for the last one, Kuga vs Tsukasa, obvious i would like Kuga to win, but at same time i think it won't happen!
Oct 20, 2019 7:59 PM

May 2018
wowwww, was really impressed by Mimasaka o: too bad he last in the end
Oct 21, 2019 4:25 PM
Mar 2017
Well ... from the beginning it was seen that this duel would be of the elite ten, although Kuga, Mimasaka and Megishima gave their best effort and brought out their best recipes to face these three elite chefs.

Anne drunk is so cute, she is a different woman and loses that aura of seriousness and academics we saw the previous season.

I must admit that I felt chills when I saw Mimasaka imitate all the members of the elite ten, i felt so strange, especially when he imitated Rindou, Nene and Momo.
I laughed a lot when Mimasaka challenged Urara to eat the sushi he prepared, the surprise of seeing how Urara received the foodgasm was legendary, the last image was delicious.

The spectacular Rindou also finishes her plate and she gets everything spicy afloat and in the end the three bookman evaluate the four dishes and starts a foodgasm festival, obviously the best was Anne's hugging the tuna and then also hugging that chili.

In the end, Mimasaka and Megishima suffered a crushing defeat by Rindou and Saitou, now it remains only to know if the dish that Kuga prepared could be at the height of Tsukasa's dish.
Oct 21, 2019 4:37 PM

Mar 2019
Predictable results but still full of what makes the series so good, foodgasms and exagerated food warfare! the lightning fast pace can be too much at times but i don't mind.
Oct 21, 2019 4:58 PM

Dec 2016
The episode really deteriorated towards the end there. They barely explained why Rindou's dish won even though she was facing another Elite 10 member, so her victory didn't feel 'deserved' at all because they didn't even bother explaining why her dish was so much better. I also didn't like the explanation for why Mimasaka lost; it just felt too minute and ridiculous.

I did appreciate the fanservice with the announcer girl, though. That and Mimasaka's copycat skills saved this episode.

What's the difference?
Oct 21, 2019 6:54 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, this episode passed so quick... i was hoping that we would know the results of all 3 by the end of this episode.
I doubt he will win but that would be a totally unexpected win!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 28, 2019 6:27 PM

Mar 2012
QuattroVaginas said:
Damn if this animation isn't better at convincing me to read the manga than a good adaptation. But by all accounts the rest isn't worth it, so I'll just sit through the rest of this season. If nothing else, I do prefer the orgasms with color and voice.

Elderanime said:
Honestly, disappointed. It's been a while since I've seen Season 3, but there's little to no intensity or anticipation in these battles and I'm having a hard time caring

Music too loud and distracting.

Mich666 said:
Animation WTF?

Slide left, slide down, zoom in, zoom out, add moving background and slide left again - for like whole episode!

There was barely any character motion in this episode save for their mouths moving maybe. I really wanted to like the episode but this was so intrusive, it completely ruined my enjoyment of the episode. Most of the time there wasn't even clear what's going on and by the half of the running time I lost my interest completely. This is not the Souma I know... and they even used ecstasy music for losing meal, eh?

I bet the current directing (and maybe a budget even) is to blame but if this continues even further whole season would be ruined.

Also, haven't see so much derpy faces in a while. In some cases few characters didn't even matched their looks from previous season.

It always been that bad. First season already was en average adaptation and second and third seasons were even worse.
This is even more flagrant when you read the manga, Shun Saeki drawings are amazing.
But yeah QuattroVaginas (good pseudo reference), it's a little late for you, the last arc is garbage. :'(
Oct 29, 2019 12:00 AM
Aug 2019
Daemon said:
I also didn't like the explanation for why Mimasaka lost; it just felt too minute and ridiculous.

The different in experience, in food world, just a very minor mistake could make a very big change in the result. Watch this reaction, he predicted exactly what would happen in this show since he is also a chef:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y9SujYeWnY&t=78s
Nov 2, 2019 4:06 PM

May 2015
Mimasaka mimic of elites chefs was picture i want to forget.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 9, 2019 12:43 AM

Jul 2013
Mimasaka made this episode lol. And let's be real here, there's no way those tiny weeny almost invisible cuts made a difference
Nov 12, 2019 1:33 AM

Jan 2013
Boring af, and all that made up "cooking technique" bullshit is so stupid.
Nov 22, 2019 12:36 PM

Dec 2016
alright soundtrack but everything else sucked
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Dec 6, 2019 11:11 AM

Jun 2015
Although I'm glad to see my dear Harissa making its come back in the show, I have to agree with every one else that the animation has gone down in quality yet another time.

I really wonder why does the shows that work either doesn't get sequels or get shitty one in terms of animation.

Dec 31, 2019 5:17 PM

May 2012
Another very impressive episode, really looking forwards to the next one!
Jan 12, 2020 12:54 AM

Mar 2015
Oof intense episode, but landslide victory for the Elite Ten!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 12, 2020 3:36 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was kinda obvious for the results, but I have some hopes for the next plate...
Jan 18, 2020 10:08 PM

Aug 2017
Mediocre episode. I'm getting tired of incessant food battles. The one part I did like was the hot babe master of ceremonies reacting, yummy.

Feb 28, 2020 3:28 PM
Feb 2011
Does it bother anyone else that Tsukasa's nickname is "Der Weiße Ritter der Tafel" and they translate it to the white knight of the table when der Tafel actually translates to board/blackboard? Am I misunderstanding something or are they?
Apr 8, 2020 11:43 PM

Aug 2017
It was too obvious that they were going to lose, they are not the main characters and they barely had screentime until the plot needed them. It's just wasted time.

2/5

(also I still don't know how those judges can eat that much lol)
NurguburuApr 9, 2020 12:01 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 20, 2020 8:46 AM

Aug 2014
I feel cheated again by this anime. I hoped at least one will win from rebels and it goes again by most easy way...
The ramen was obviously better, too bad they didn't say what was that white thing in it, but penauts and tomato-that must be great, he maybe should add one more pasta with shitake, but it could be too japanese and not african then. I would never touch that Rindou thing, and not because it is too spicy - its not for me I ate peppers with 1,4 mln scoville Trinidad Moruga scorpion or Korean soups all red from Habanero, but her mishmash is just trying to cover ugly smelly alligator with spiciness. I myself make better spicy things with different flavours added... she should at least add some thick noodles below meat to counter pepper
Kuga has no chance.
I guess Rindou will lose to either Souma or Erina at some point and Soumei maybe to Takumi, but I think to Isshiki? Takumi will beat Eizan.
Momo will lose somehow to lucky noob Megumi. Maybe one of the rebels will lose earlier, but doesn't matter.
Then last will be Tsukasa eliminating everyone and in the end will duel maybe 1 vs 2 Souma and Erina duo.
I hope I will be wrong anyway ;]
Thyriad-oPPailovMay 20, 2020 9:11 AM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 28, 2020 3:57 PM

Jan 2014
African ramen I’m dead lol. What a strange concoction (also hate when they use the entire continent of Africa in place of a specific country)
Oct 20, 2020 3:48 PM

Mar 2010
Damn I'm gonna read some food wars hentai doujinshi after all this is said and done. I want to see rindo raped hard.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 9, 2021 2:15 AM

Dec 2012
Dat grater.
Sore wa dou kana!
Dat pass.
Perfect Trace Flash!
Dat dress break!
She naked.
Dat helicopter view of dat booty.
Dat score.
Kaiju battle.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 13, 2021 12:46 PM

Jul 2017
Results were way too obvious, battles were way too anticlimactic and didn't really elaborate much on the successes of the winners and faults of the losers, particularly with the Rindo-Tosuke match. This just shows bad pacing written all over this when explanations are extremely condensed. Another lame episode and a generally poor start compared to every other season so far.
Nov 20, 2021 6:13 AM

Apr 2013
Just by logic the elite ten should win all of their battles, so copycat losing was no surprise at all. I thought they might make Rindou lose to have at least one win on the rebels' side, but she also won. The #1 will have to win as well or there would be no final competition between him and Souma, so I guess after this it will be 3-3.
Jun 25, 2023 11:58 AM

Jan 2021
Fire Cracker Alligator.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

170 by MITO134 »»
Yesterday, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

64 by DrFeelGood887 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

107 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

69 by aod-kun »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:13 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

64 by Btnet »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.