Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2019 11:04 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Of course this isn't the end. These kids have a bright future ahead of them.

Excited for the new arc!
Oct 10, 2019 11:45 PM

Apr 2014
HUH???
*rubs his eyes*
Did I read that right...? I wasn't expecting that sort of time skip. O_o
Oct 11, 2019 1:03 AM

Jul 2014
what the fuck

We got a time skip of several years later and now Hinata's in Brazil ?!

I didn't expect that time skip lol
Oct 11, 2019 1:23 AM

Mar 2012
E-e-excuse me?! Several years later?!?!

Like everyone has already said, definitely not the time skip I was expecting. :O
Oct 11, 2019 2:45 AM
Nov 2014
I loved it. I love that the chapter focuses only on Karasuno; I love the positivity; I love the fact that there was no "unnecessary" crying and such. But above all: the time skip!
I really (!!) want to see future Hinata/Kageyama/Oikawa/Kuroo... of course the others as well... but especially these four. Can't wait ^-^
Oct 11, 2019 3:41 AM

Jul 2011
Seven years is so wild
Oct 11, 2019 3:50 AM

May 2017
Ghostt said:
Seven years is so wild
who said it's seven years ? It was written as several years.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2019 5:51 AM
Apr 2015
Me at the beginning: Sure, now the third years are going to graduate, so we will get a few months time skip and new characters for their team. Completely understandable...

*several years later, Brazil*

...WAIT, WHAT?!
Oct 11, 2019 5:53 AM

Apr 2018
Wow a time skip?
i really thought that the story will continue with hinata and kageyama as a 2nd year.
Oct 11, 2019 7:18 AM

Sep 2013
Not saying that I don't trust in Furudate's writing, but really, a several year time-skip with "Hinata" in Brazil? That seems like a pretty major switch up considering how many great plot lines that were set up would now be irrelevant. Everything with the years changing, the revenge matches, the championship upset, Fukurodani, are we really going to gloss over so much development for... whatever this will be?
Oct 11, 2019 7:25 AM

Nov 2016
Woaaah, this seriously came outta nowhere. While I'm excited, I'm also equally worried.

Still beautiful chapter. So many pages were brimming with feels.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 11, 2019 7:30 AM
Mar 2015
The seniors graduate now on to Brazil
Oct 11, 2019 9:04 AM

May 2016
what what whaaaat

this is such an unexpected chapter end lol. But I was feeling kind of "meh" about watching another school year, since there are only so many realistic high school sports plotlines to go through.

I'm excited to see what comes next, I guess!

(but who won this year's nationals?? we have to knooow!)
Oct 11, 2019 9:16 AM
Jul 2017
What?
Sudden time skip?
I wasn't expecting a grad ceremony either.
That was VERY surprising.
I was hoping for a second year arc. But now Hinata's in Brazil. I guess he'll be the next icon of the little giant and he'll be the coach of a team with Kageyama that will win the nationals.
But I hope it isn't as long as one piece.

Do you guys think that the next few chapters are going to be the end?
We even had a major time skip.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Oct 11, 2019 11:22 AM

Dec 2008
b r u h what the fuck
On one hand I' m kinda glad that furudate didn't go yowapeda route with new underclassmen joining the club and us going through 300 chapters with basically the same thing, but this time-skip really threw me off

on the other hand, most of the interesting enemies were 3rd years anyway so he'd have to build up enemies again and go through the same thing so I do get the time skip

can't wait for the next chapter
Oct 11, 2019 12:05 PM
Aug 2018
Man I really wasn't ready for that big time skip ... of course 5-6 months would have been a lot easy to swallow but several years ๐Ÿ˜ฑdamn .. but one thing is sure I can't be more hyped to know how hinata & rest of karasuno folks end up
Oct 11, 2019 12:17 PM
Jun 2017
Haikyuu!! has just Gurren Lagann'ed all of us damn
Oct 11, 2019 5:58 PM
Feb 2016
Are we going to professional matchup arc? Ahhh I love it
Oct 12, 2019 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
me 1 year ago: nah, the third years graduating won't happen
me after reading this: *crying for 4 hours straight*
Oct 12, 2019 3:57 AM

Oct 2018
Brazil? I wonder what happened throughout the timeskip, this was a major surprise
Ri22rkOct 12, 2019 4:04 AM
Oct 12, 2019 5:00 AM

Oct 2016
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT ?!?!?!?!??! SEVERAL YEARS LATER? That almost gave me a heart attack like WHAT i was expecting to see their 2nd year and 3rd year of high school. That was an insane curve ball i didn't expect at all ... Am in shock some1 help me calm down !
Oct 12, 2019 5:04 PM

Mar 2012
Thinking about this time skip some more, I just feel there's no way the second year will get glossed over since there was so much setup leading up to it. This time skip might be a different way of telling the second year to avoid it being told too similarly to the first year. Could be flat out wrong and Furudate is going for curviest of curve balls, but I just find it too hard to believe we'd just breeze past second year.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how this is executed!
Oct 12, 2019 7:05 PM

May 2018
WHAT
THE
FUCK?!

I don't know what to think about this chapter... I mean, it's a big surprise and that explains why Furudate travelled to Brazil. But I feel that so many questions are left without answers, characters development still to be shown...

but most importantly...

WHAT HAPPENED WITH FUKURODANI?! They lost? They won? I NEED ANSWERS!!!
Oct 13, 2019 2:31 PM

Nov 2014
Brazilians: Hinata, come to Brazil
Hinata: Is Rio de Janeiro ok?

I mean, it would be fun seeing everyone joining the same pro team (Or different players of Karasuno being in different teams at least for a while)
Oct 13, 2019 3:11 PM

Mar 2013
I am NOT a fan of this time skip at all. I have never questioned furudate's writing, but I cannot see this being good at all. It honestly just makes me angry. They set SO much up for the next year and just drop it like nothing mattered. They didn't even show us who won the tournament. This is utter bullshit. Watching Hinata grow into the ace position is what I have been longing for this entire story and they're just going to gloss all over it to be in time for the olympics. It's so obviously just an advertising ploy for the tokyo olympics at the expense of good storytelling. Furudate is a sellout.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 14, 2019 7:24 PM

Jul 2013
login in just to say: ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Oct 15, 2019 8:43 AM
Jan 2019
I actually like the time skip, even though it was a bit rushed. There has only been one goal since the beginning of the series: to win nationals. And after 369 chapters, two more years would just feel repetitive and pointless, so switching it up will help spice things up I think.
IN FURUDATE WE TRUST
Oct 19, 2019 4:50 AM
Oct 2013
While the time skip is a HUGE surprise...I also think you could not avoid it without having some repetitive match-ups and storylines if we followed Hinata and Kageyama into their 2nd year. It would have been exciting to see who they recruited to replace the defensive strength of Daichi, Suga as a setter and who would have been the next Ace but that would have drawn out the story quite a bit unless you did brief summaries of the process. But then we would have to build relationships with those new characters, to only have to do it again when Tanaka, Nishinoya and the other (current) 2nd years also graduated. Gonna trust that this was the best route to take ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ
Oct 19, 2019 12:25 PM

Jan 2011
It was a hell of a shock but I'm excited to see what kind of story will Furudate build up next. *w*
I hope this new "arc" will bring back graduates (3rd years) at some point or how/what happened to Fukurodani at nationals...
And hell! Hinata looks really tall now lol
Time skip page was surprising... I really wanted to see captain Enoshita and manager Yachi leading the team... Maybe this needed few more chapters until the time skip... So, this was... ok chapter??? idk..

Oct 20, 2019 1:15 AM
Jul 2018
WTF just happened I'm shock and so Excited

I can't wait for the next arc
Oct 20, 2019 5:34 AM

Jun 2011
I am so shook. OHMYGOD 7 years and it comes to this. Furudate hurting us like this but at the same time I'm excited!? What da hell is he doin in brazil omg how long is that time skip? Like how many yearssss??!! i wanted to see ace tanaka and captain ennoshita in action but ok. I can't wait for the next chapter
Oct 20, 2019 9:21 PM

Sep 2009
what.

i took a break from this series since life got busy and it's more satisfying to see the matches happen in clumps vs a on weekly basis, and i had extremely mixed feelings about them losing. on the one hand it would be extremely unrealistic for them to go from relative unknowns to suddenly winning nationals on their first go, but on the other hand they beat so many extremely intense rivals only to get beat by a team that we barely knew anything about other than the other little giant and the immovable fellow (this is as much of an impression they left on me...)

and now we have a time skip that inexplicably takes us across the globe? part of what made me fall in love with this series was the characters--from our baby crows to all the rivals and friends along the way. it simply wouldn't make sense for all the key players to end up in brazil (is brazil significant in the volleyball world? i really have no idea) and without them i feel like we'd be better off with a brand new series rather than a continuation of one with a majority of the cast missing. but i guess only time can tell how this turns out.

side note as a huge fukurodani fan i'm bummed that we didn't get to even find out who won nationals.
Oct 21, 2019 9:19 PM
Mar 2019
the brazilian team is the best in the world both in olympic medals and a lot more titles without counting the various references to brazil
Oct 24, 2019 10:32 PM

May 2015
HAHAHAHA GOOD JOB FURUDATEE! BY THE TIME YOU MADE THESE READERS HAVE MIXED EMOTIONS, YOU'VE CERTAINLY ALSO LEVELED UP YOUR WAY OF WRITING! AND I HAVE BEEN HOPING IN THE PAST THAT HAIKYUU WOULD REACH AN INTERNATIONAL STAGE LIKE "ASHITA NO JOE" AND YOU JUST FRIGGIN NAILED IT!!!!! DAMNNN! SCHOOL SPORTS SETTING SURE HAS GOTTEN BORING REALYYYYYYY!! THAT WAS SUCH A BOLD MOVE!!!
" If a ghost's intention is to scare people, then people are definitely scarier because we have no way of knowing what their intention and thoughts are. "
Oct 24, 2019 10:56 PM

May 2015
I
TokyoCrazyPXD said:
While the time skip is a HUGE surprise...I also think you could not avoid it without having some repetitive match-ups and storylines if we followed Hinata and Kageyama into their 2nd year. It would have been exciting to see who they recruited to replace the defensive strength of Daichi, Suga as a setter and who would have been the next Ace but that would have drawn out the story quite a bit unless you did brief summaries of the process. But then we would have to build relationships with those new characters, to only have to do it again when Tanaka, Nishinoya and the other (current) 2nd years also graduated. Gonna trust that this was the best route to take ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ

Trueee. I think I would even consider dropping this one if it just continued on the 2nd year route than on an international stage and if you search a bit on wiki on the FIVB World Rankings Volleyball Men. Brazil is #1 as of 2018 and Japan team this year is rank 10 internationally. Quite a feat actually and they won a set out of Brazil.
nisevoucherOct 24, 2019 11:44 PM
" If a ghost's intention is to scare people, then people are definitely scarier because we have no way of knowing what their intention and thoughts are. "
Oct 27, 2019 4:42 AM
Oct 2013
nisevoucher said:
I
TokyoCrazyPXD said:

Trueee. I think I would even consider dropping this one if it just continued on the 2nd year route than on an international stage and if you search a bit on wiki on the FIVB World Rankings Volleyball Men. Brazil is #1 as of 2018 and Japan team this year is rank 10 internationally. Quite a feat actually and they won a set out of Brazil.

Yeah, I think what Furudate did was quite smart. Skipping ahead into the future avoids taking the audience through the ups and downs of Sport seasons, having to rebuild the hype for the team in the new/next season. I love Azumane, Sugawara and Sawamura too much to see them replaced.
I have read chapter 370, and I think I much prefer the route we are taking now ๐Ÿ˜Š
Nov 5, 2019 4:03 AM

Jul 2012
OH MAN okay it seems i forgot how well furudate writes a loss.
i sobbed man. all these characters have grown so much. it's a loss but i really don't care anymore because i feel like we've gained so much.

anime list โˆ˜ profile โˆ˜ manga list
Jan 24, 2020 7:43 AM

Mar 2017
DIDN'T LIKE HOW FURUDATE SUDDENLY TIME SKIPPED A LOT.
Because I really wanted to see them playing as 2nd/3rd years ;-;

But I guess, introducing new characters will be quite a pain in the neck and dragging the story even more
Apr 7, 2020 10:59 PM

Oct 2017
What the fuck??? I wasn't expecting this...?????? I'am crying a lotttttt......!!!
-¡Give yourself to me!
Feb 23, 2021 1:43 AM

Mar 2020
smh we needed to see Bokuto vs Little Giant in the finals not a damn timeskip
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Oct 15, 2021 8:19 PM

Jun 2014

noooooooo my wee little heart wasnt ready for this one. everythings moving by so fast now.
Dec 30, 2022 8:06 AM

Apr 2019
What an end to an absolutely incredible arc.

"๐™‡๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ... ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ... ๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ฎ... ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ... ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™จ๐™ž๐™™๐™š. ๐™‹๐™ž๐™˜๐™  ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. ๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง... ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ซ๐™–๐™ก๐™ช๐™š."
Oct 20, 2023 11:57 PM

Nov 2018
No ways.
A very big time skip.
Total unexpected.
I really want to see them for another year.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Feb 24, 12:44 PM
Apr 2020
Honestly a fitting end to the longest arc in the series. I'm glad Furudate isn't overly stretching the series out with simply introducing new first year students but was still not expecting that huge of a time skip. Kinda wished Furudate sensei put more details in for what happened during the rest of high school but perhaps in later chapters? Looking forward to reading the next arc! Love this series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 294 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

9 by Charylle »»
Apr 10, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 365 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

26 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 357 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

15 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 19, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 53 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2013

6 by Luma2 »»
Feb 19, 6:59 AM

» Returning?

TheSecondOne135 - Feb 8

2 by TheKrakin »»
Feb 9, 7:22 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.