Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2019 2:09 PM

May 2018
MetaKite said:
Rider9530 said:
I love this series very much but it's not even close to being the best of all time.
This so much! Current most amazing shounen for me is Shingeki no Kyojin which I STILL really wish had been translated as Attacking Titan by Isayama.

Attacking Titan doesn't sound as good... attack on titan is a really good name.
Sep 28, 2019 2:12 PM

Mar 2012
Rider9530 said:
MetaKite said:
This so much! Current most amazing shounen for me is Shingeki no Kyojin which I STILL really wish had been translated as Attacking Titan by Isayama.

It's not about sounding good but being closer to the actual translation of what he meant from the beginning. Even "Attack Titan" would be better than "Attack on Titan".
Sep 28, 2019 2:14 PM

May 2018
MetaKite said:
Rider9530 said:

It's not about sounding good but being closer to the actual translation of what he meant from the beginning. Even "Attack Titan" would be better than "Attack on Titan".

I know that it's not about how it sounds, but you can't argue that attack on titan doesn't sound good (even if it has nothing to do with the series).
Sep 28, 2019 2:26 PM

Mar 2018
Even Naruto is better in my humble opinion
poop
Sep 28, 2019 2:32 PM
Dec 2014
Lol here we go again !! little friend while I really admire what ufotable did with the adaptation KNY is not that of a unique show and as far as I know there’s OP, FMA and HxH so no it’s definitely not
H-X-HSep 28, 2019 2:50 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2019 2:33 PM
Jul 2019
Absolutely slaps!
Sep 28, 2019 3:59 PM

May 2017
Katanari said:
Do you think KnY is the best shonen anime of all time ?
<---- "Joined September 2019"

You defintely are new to the whole "anime thing". + 100% made your account just to post this after watching how "great" KNY is
xD that's cute.
Sep 28, 2019 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Inferno792 said:
Without ufotable, this goes unnoticed and gets a rating of ~8 on MAL. No one talks about it after it finishes the first season.

Something that has the studio to thank for something so drastic cannot be even in the conversation for best of anything imo.

Every great anime is only good because the studio behind it. So what's your point?

No, most great anime are great because the source material is great, you absolute Pepega.
Sep 28, 2019 4:05 PM
Jan 2019
Not even close, there are dozens of better shonen out there
Sep 28, 2019 4:06 PM

May 2018
Nope. Dr.STONE is already 10 times better. KnY need to step up its game to compete with the actual best shounen. Having good animation is not enough.
Sep 28, 2019 4:11 PM
Mar 2018
I'd have to say hxh, Mha is honestly just toxic at this point and lowkey over hyped
Sep 28, 2019 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
i don't have any issue with something thinking it is the best if they want to cause it's pretty good, although i feel like it'd be odd to say that after relatively little happened so far and only 1 season is done (yeah episode 19 was pog but in the grand scheme of things the spider guy would be like nappa in DBZ terms)

it's not my favourite ever and i don't think it ever will be unless it decides to really ramp up later on but it's still orders of magnitude better than some other shonen i've seen, some of which are in the top 5 rated shows on this site lmoa
Sep 28, 2019 4:49 PM
Jan 2017
Certainly not. KnY is really good but it still doesn't hold a candle to the masterpiece that is Hunter x Hunter (2011).
Sep 28, 2019 4:51 PM
Jan 2017
Esquirtit said:
Even Naruto is better in my humble opinion
I agree, though you're bound to be attacked for saying that lol
Sep 28, 2019 5:16 PM
Apr 2016
Shayon said:
no, it's one of the two worst
what a take there lmao. Opinionsare opinions but yours is just silly.
Sep 28, 2019 5:22 PM
Apr 2016
Not at all, but the anime adaptation of KnY is spectacular
Sep 28, 2019 5:24 PM
Apr 2016
Imagine calling KnY overrated because one person really loves the show. I thought it was fantastic throughout. I also think there eh story will only improve from here. I wouldn’t say it’s the best but it’s def amazing. Some of you snobs need to get a life and learn how to enjoy things.
Sep 28, 2019 5:25 PM

Jul 2011
How this series have 8.92 is beyond me. HxH ECLIPSES this series in every single way. I hate to use the term as I get annoyed when others do, but this must be the very definition of overrated. I think it's like 7.5/10 at best. It's good but what the fuck are you people smoking??? I'm glad you're enjoying yourself and shit but come on, this is out of hand...
TeriumSep 28, 2019 5:34 PM
Sep 28, 2019 5:28 PM

Aug 2015
based on ur title because thats what i clicked on it still has to compete with fma, hxh, aot, naruto, manga one piece, and gintama. i would say it could be placed anywhere after those. its easily one of the best produced quality animes to come out of all of shonen though
Sep 28, 2019 5:37 PM
Sep 2019
FukGoBack said:
Katanari said:
<---- "Joined September 2019"

You defintely are new to the whole "anime thing". + 100% made your account just to post this after watching how "great" KNY is
xD that's cute.
actually im not new to the anime thing and this is a throwaway acc because i dont want people to harass me cause i have an opinion and i dont actually think that KnY is the best
Sep 28, 2019 6:02 PM
Apr 2013
The best show? In terms of production quality, probably yes. I mean, most modern shonen have memorable and great soundtracks, but Boku no Hero Academia and Kimetsu no Yaiba go above and bejond, Kimetsu even more so than HeroAka. If we talk story, hmm... HeroAka's latest chapters haven't been that good in my opinion, while Kimetsu still holds up. What about the other shonen? HxH qualifies from the very start because the whole first arc is rather tiresome, and even the later ones aren't as good as people make them out to be. n the other hand, the setting and world building is great, and especially in writing villains HxH really shines. Not enough for the number one shonen though. Naruto went on and on and on, so that I couldn't really call it a great piece of story writing either. If we could make a lite version of Naruto, broken down to the importand story beads, it might be better, but so... Same goes for One Piece by the way. I know that Shonen Jump kinda wants show to go on for a long time, but One Piece is like chewing gum. Bleach... well, it was even the weakest of the big three in its time, so no. Full Metal Alchimist (Brotherhood)? I know a lot of people like this show to the point it actually got the number one spot, but quite hoestly, I don't really think its all that good. The setting wasn't all that interesting, I never really got invested in the characters, but the story is pretty nice, but also no 10/10, for me at least. Shingeki no Kyojin, well, I haven't watched the later seasons, nor have I read the manga, but the first season got boring after roughly 7 episodes, and stayed that way all to the end. I have an opinion on the later parts, but since its not favorable, and also only based on what I've heard from Gigguks vid on it, I will keep that for myself. But for the sake of this argument thats not even necessary, quite a lot of people disliked the second half of the first season, and thats never a good sign. Leaving Gintama. Well, Gintama... is awesome. And while it is the only 'shonen' I rated 10/10, I wouldn't say its the greatest shonen, because it is so much more than a shonen. Of course, Gintama also has its weaknesses. There is no denying that the early episodes are rather weak, and it takes quite some while to get going. Because a friend showed me the better episodes first I already loved the characters and could get past that, but well...
So, back to the opening question, though... I actually think, that right now, because it isn't as drawn out as other shonen (which starts to happen to BnHA as well), as well as constant high quality, both in manga and anime versions, it really is the best shonen right now.
But like I said, I technically rated Gintama higher, and its quite a close race with BnHA, the next arc, which just started one or two weeks ago in HeroAca might turn this around. Also, 'best' is obviously quite subjective. I can only base my rating on my criteria, just like everyone is inclined to their own rankings on that matter.
Sep 28, 2019 6:10 PM
Aug 2014
It's all subjective. As much as I enjoy the manga and the anime adaptation ufo gave us it's far from being the best shonen imo. It's still a great manga/anime so it being the best or not doesn't matter to me.
Sep 28, 2019 6:12 PM
Sep 2019
Play2X said:
Also, 'best' is obviously quite subjective. I can only base my rating on my criteria, just like everyone is inclined to their own rankings on that matter.
I know its subjective thats why i asked "do you think" and not "is"
Sep 28, 2019 6:26 PM
May 2013
It depends.

this anime has beautiful executed but less epiccness. i would say this anime is above Naruto, etc. and mileesss better than dr.stone
and this anime has biggest potential i would say equal to attack on titan and bmha in the future

but, one piece still the best shonen of all time, the story development and character.

in terms of art yes, this anime is the best shonen of all time. but in terms of animation i think opm and attack on titan did better and has well executed.
ozyvanvoltaSep 28, 2019 6:40 PM
Sep 28, 2019 6:29 PM

Dec 2018
i dont know i didn' even watch it yet
Sep 28, 2019 6:44 PM
May 2017
For me there is no such Anime which can be called best coz some anime are just too awesome to rank....You just know that you love them to the maximum extent....I will put KMY in that category...Same with animes like My hero academia,Gintama,DBZ,seven deadly sins,AOT, FMA....+10 or 20 more etc..I just know that I enjoyed these anime to the fullest and there is no ranking for me..So many great animes out there
Sep 28, 2019 6:58 PM

Jan 2015
Can't believe this is 8.93 rated right now. Shit's crazy here. I thought people would calm down a bit after it ends, and its score on MAL would stabilize but I guess not.
Sep 28, 2019 7:46 PM
Jan 2019
Love Kimetsu no yaiba buuuuut no. Just no. That would be Hunter x Hunter.
Sep 28, 2019 9:31 PM

Jan 2010
Katanari said:

For now, no. But it still have a long way to go so this might change. My score for it is 8.

Best action shounen for me is still One Piece.
Sep 28, 2019 9:42 PM

Jul 2013
Hahahahahahahahah have you seen Hunter x Hunter? If you haven't, don't talk to me about shounen
Sep 28, 2019 9:45 PM

Nov 2013
Katanari said:

HxH : Am I a joke to you?
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Sep 28, 2019 9:49 PM

Feb 2019
that title belongs to Yu Yu Hakusho. a paragon of anime excellence~

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Sep 28, 2019 9:54 PM

Nov 2013
Dmitrihonev said:
No but at the least it's a honorable mention for sure. Could've gone better if the character writing weren't this lazy to a crawl. With the exception of Shinobu and Tomioka, all the other Hashiras fell down pretty flat to me. The writer probably gave them blatant personalities because they will have little screentime, and even if they do have screentime, that will me the main thing they will be remembered by

Mangareader said no, you'll love all the hashira
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Sep 28, 2019 10:33 PM

Oct 2014
jdc37162 said:
Shayon said:
no, it's one of the two worst
what a take there lmao. Opinionsare opinions but yours is just silly.

nah, it's right there next to Fairy Tail

if there are people silly enough to say it's one of the best, i can also say it's one of the worst, and i genuinely hold that opinion
Sep 28, 2019 10:44 PM
Mar 2018
hxh is best shounen nigga
Sep 28, 2019 10:45 PM

Oct 2013
WOW the hxh fans are out full force I see.
Sep 28, 2019 11:01 PM

Apr 2017
Not really. These people are so exaggerating. The story is just mediocre. Tanjiro is just typical Shonen jump protagonist. The good points in this anime are the animation and Nezuko since She's not annoying compared to other female lead in other anime especially those isekai ones. Also the good thing in this anime is it has no incest trope.
Sep 28, 2019 11:26 PM

Apr 2019
Not in a world where Attack on Titan exists :)
Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.
Sep 29, 2019 12:10 AM

May 2017
One punch man ofc bro
Sep 29, 2019 12:18 AM

Feb 2016
Waaaaay to early to even remotely ask that. But even if the series was completed it'd have be better than Yu Yu Hakusho, so outlook doesn't look good.
Sep 29, 2019 12:41 AM
Apr 2016
MetaKite said:
Rider9530 said:

At the time no one knew just what does it mean, Shingeki no Kyojin. It was fairly a guess. But now they could really change that stupid translation.
Re:formed
Sep 29, 2019 12:43 AM
Jul 2014
While I like it, and love the manga, no, definitely not. For me the shonen that better than Kimetsu are: AOT, HxH, JoJo, MHA, FMA:BH, One Piece (in manga it beats Kimetsu's ass) and there are other shonen I more invested in, even tho I wouldn't call them better.
Pogiman666Sep 29, 2019 1:17 AM
Sep 29, 2019 12:48 AM

Oct 2018
keragamming said:
WOW the hxh fans are out full force I see.

Yeah I've noticed that too lol
Sep 29, 2019 1:06 AM

Jan 2018
No, not even close. An average shonen carried by an amazing animation that's all.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Sep 29, 2019 1:13 AM
Jul 2014
Saitama said:
One punch man ofc bro

It's still a seinen bruh.
Sep 29, 2019 1:30 AM

May 2015
Even after reading the manga, it still has technical issues(low quality gags, skills with minimal foreshadowing prior to their inclusion, weak character interactions occasionally). Assuming Ufotable plans on doing the entire series', I can definitely see its popularity surpassing MHA and even being regarded as a go to shounen. Best of all time though? Hell no. Never gonna happen...

Sep 29, 2019 1:53 AM

Sep 2012
A lot of shounens that I really enjoy has an extremely likable cast and enjoyable comedy. This show is just the complete opposite. Inosuke/Zenitsu are awful characters and the comedy is complete shit. It just feels so forced that it's not enjoyable.
Sep 29, 2019 1:57 AM
Jan 2019
not the best, BUT ONE OF THE BEST

along with FMA and HxH

hands down
Sep 29, 2019 2:19 AM
Jan 2019
MehmetY said:
I think it's better than HxH (Except Chimera Arc), FMAB, BnHA, Haikyuu!! and most of other shounen shows. But SnK and JoJo Part 1-2-5's anime adaptations are better.
lmao are you joking dude? SNK AND JOJO BETTER THAN KNY AND FMAB? dude your jokes are hillarious even i cant stop laughing
Sep 29, 2019 2:20 AM
Jan 2019
Kaiser-kun said:
Attack on Titan is way better written.
is this a sarcasm? lmfao good joke btw
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

20 by HaremSevdalisi »»
37 minutes ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.