Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2019 12:28 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A good time passer, but really nothing special aside from the cool setting. Still wonder if we will get a second season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 20, 2019 12:50 AM

Jan 2011
I really like it and like how the villians got a win. I do think a second season is possible as the show is getting good reviews.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 20, 2019 8:04 PM

Apr 2018
I like the char designs and art but it was so boring...
Aug 21, 2019 5:34 PM
Feb 2017
I feel like they rushed the last 2 episodes, started with this full on Mecha thing, didn't finish the Philly arc
Aug 22, 2019 8:01 AM

Oct 2016
Talk about wasted potential, the beginning was somewhat promising and as it went on it combined elements from different series such as Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Redline, Megazone 23 (the vehicle transforming into a robot), Gunnm (the scrapyard city with a floating one using it as a dumpster), and if I stretch it even Garo and Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis. Hell I'd even throw some G Gundam and Guilty Gear influences on the designs in the mix.

But yeah it was stupid, boring, and the ending leaves you with blue balls, unless Wit fucks up the good job they are doing with Vinland Saga up to this point, this will be the disappointment of the season for me.
Aug 22, 2019 1:05 PM

May 2018
This really needs a season 2. So many questions left unanswered.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Aug 23, 2019 4:42 PM

Mar 2013
Wow this anime left me with a lot of questions mainly what the hell did I just watch? Ok I'm going to get this out of the way right now could they not stick with an art style? Seriously the characters are all over the place some characters like sam looks like an anime character then you have the prince who looks like he came from avatar the last Airbender. Oh let's not forget the main villain who looks like a very clear after thought, I mean at times I would notice thicker outlines on this guy not to mention the way he animates didn't look right most of the time.

I could go on and on about all the flaws in this anime but I don't want to be here all day so I'm just going to say that sam and casey were the best things about this anime. I'll be 100 percent honest philly the kid didn't really do it for me, I mean I enjoyed his gimmick of not dying but his character kind of sucked. However his interactions with sam and casey were some of my favorite moments and I really wanted more of them since they reminded me of cowboy bebop.

The action was interesting to watch but the bad guys were just so dumb especially during the first 5 episodes. The dialogue between certain characters was just so bad probably because I watched this dubbed but damn were some of the moments just ugh. I'll give an example of one such moment I believe it was episode 3 where they stop at this deserted town and they meet 4 people and 2 of those are by far the worst characters in every possible way their dialogue was exceptionally bad they were the typical dumb henchmen trope character but cranked up to max levels of stupidity.

There's a strong possibility that this anime will get a second season and when it comes out I hope they fix some things but mainly just want some answers to the first season.
Aug 25, 2019 8:05 PM

May 2012
Quite liked the whole adventure and the way they did the backstory, quite the unfinished ending which I hoped would just be concluded, but I guess with an open ending like this, there is always room for a second season if you ask me. Really liked the whole world and environment, especially the pacing was quite great! So all in all quite liked it.
Sep 5, 2019 4:34 PM
Jun 2013
I loved the art style, character design and world design. I enjoyed hanging out with our main 3 cast members and their little adventures. I liked that non of the main villains kicked the bucket in this season as it would've felt way to fast. I have to say the most annoying character was the prince and his back and forth personality change even at one moment calling sam nothing but a toy to taking it back. I do hope philly is allowed to explain himself in the next season and its not just dropped. Yea I know nothing has been announced, but it seems this show is being pretty well received and odder things have gotten more then one season.
Sep 14, 2019 11:14 PM
Jan 2019
Nice!! I like this anime
Sep 28, 2019 1:37 PM
Nov 2015
This episode was had the energy the season needed. Decent ending...

If there is a season two, I'll be tuning in.
Sep 30, 2019 9:50 PM

Nov 2009
This was exceedingly strange, but not a bad time killer, I suppose. S2 when?
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 7, 2019 7:41 PM

Oct 2015
Damn I liked that how Sam evolved in to that form. It just proves she has so many different forms as a canon buster. I still want to know Philly's backstory, it seems intriguing and looks painful. I want to know how and who made him immortal, they kinda gave a glimpse there in the middle of the series. That cliffhanger though of the kidnapped Prince Kelby kinda made me want the next season. Also Locke hasn't even defeated yet.

This was a great series despite all these subjective opinions here! I think there was nothing wrong with this series, people were just nitpicking negatives that weren't there. I think the color of the characters influenced your decisions, plot wise or pace wise there was nothing wrong here. No matter which angle or view I look at, it all comes back to color. Your ratings were based on the character designs, period! You may say all that hogwash crap that, " I like the design, except the story was bad", that is utter bull and you all know it! I think the kkk was watching this series and it was unfair to it. I'm deeply ashamed to be part of the people who think this way. Wrong people watched this show, and I wish sensible would watch it and give me a review. Everything must come to color to people, why can't you just enjoy and stop all that nonsense. When will the world move on and just enjoy life, stop with that supremacy crap! You only make yourselves miserable.

This series deserves at least an overall rating above 7.8 at least and up. I've seen way way way worst shit been given ratings above 7 and above. Pacing was good, the comedy was gold and platinum, the characters were very enjoyable to watch, the plot was very good and the action was so enjoyable. The op and ed were really lovely, the only problem is that it wasn't long enough. Netflix outdid themselves here, their best since Kengan Ashura, except this was way better.

9/10
lihle808Oct 7, 2019 7:44 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 8, 2019 11:46 AM
Sep 2007
So, in this episode we had more realistic result of falling onto mecha... *splat!*
Also, Sam goes supersaian.

Thank you, Philly, but our prince is in another castle!

Prince got kidnapped once again and it looks like there will be another season.

Overall it was a fun series. Philly's deaths were amusing, sometimes.
Dec 21, 2019 10:17 AM

Nov 2012
Loved the series as a whole but defo unimpressed with that ending, especially as it's not accompanied by an announcement of season 2.

The soundtrack and world building definitely saved this series for me, the characters, action and pacing definitely all need work.

Philly, Odin, Casey & Nine are all likeable but Kelby and Sam two of the most prominent characters in the whole show, I can't stand. The villains at least seemed interesting.

Unless S2 gave Sam and Kelby major development that drastically changed their personalities I feel it would be a wrong move to keep the narrative focused on them. I would much rather delve into Philly's backstory and the motivation of Locke and other villains.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 18, 2020 2:27 AM
May 2017
bad ending to a bad anime, waste of time
Aug 29, 2020 4:15 AM

Nov 2019
Huh. If you can get past the weirdly explicit violence and general crude behavior the show has a bit of a Trigun feel to it.

The ending's definitely lackluster in quite a few ways, though I suspect that has more to do with the source material only having 3 issues than the production team.
Nov 16, 2020 11:32 AM

Feb 2018
Just finished watching it, and this was one of the worse endings for quite a while, with everything dropping in quality.

No plot twist, no real character development, animation below what you saw in early episodes, cartonboard villians, really dumb fight direction, no agency for returning characters.

Aside from Casey and the kickass intro song, this anime was mediocre in general.
Mar 15, 2023 2:17 PM

Aug 2012
Well I must say I really enjoyed this series in the end. I am disappointed that we didn't get a proper full ending but I think what we did get was fun and closed the more important storylines up, mainly Philly coming to accept what happened and forego his revenge as well as Sam, albeit briefly, reuniting with the prince.

I would love to get more but that ship has long since sailed. This show had all the vibes and style of Trigun, Space Dandy, Cowboy Bebop etc. It didn't quite hit the highs of those contemporaries but it was still good, better than its average MAL score suggests imo.
Sep 17, 2023 1:50 PM

May 2019
It drop from 8 to 7 to me cause the mess of this last 2 episodes.

Everybody acted all stupid for no reason and the villains won even after lose all the fight.

Complete pointeless end of mini-arc and surely remembered that narrative so annoyingly usual in western animated series.
Dec 27, 2023 9:11 AM

Jan 2008
I enjoyed it, despite some flaws. With a little improvement in the writing for the main narrative plot, a second season could be great. The last two episodes felt quite contrived sadly. But the episodic stuff throughout the season was really fun. Loved the English dub.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cannon Busters Episode 11 Discussion

striperrela - Aug 24, 2019

3 by Beatnik »»
Dec 27, 2023 8:37 AM

Poll: » Cannon Busters Episode 10 Discussion

striperrela - Aug 24, 2019

3 by Beatnik »»
Dec 27, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Cannon Busters Episode 6 Discussion

Angry_Anime_Nerd - Aug 17, 2019

6 by Beatnik »»
Dec 26, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Cannon Busters Episode 4 Discussion

striperrela - Aug 16, 2019

4 by Beatnik »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Cannon Busters Episode 3 Discussion

striperrela - Aug 16, 2019

7 by Beatnik »»
Dec 26, 2023 9:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.