Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 17, 2019 1:22 AM

Jun 2013
I almost forgot all about Hiro! What a little shit! That scene of him paying for the crepes, I remember that from the 2001 version. Jayzuuuz Christ that child should've been beaten instead of Kisa. However, Akito has a preference for beating up women instead.

LOL at Hiro's shocked expression when he transformed into his Zodiac form: Wooloo.

臭い-
Aug 17, 2019 1:29 AM
May 2017
Hmm I don't like Hiro too much because he bullied my daughter Tohru but I'll admit I liked some of his brutal bluntness and understand his motivations. I also liked the meta of him pointing out that Tohru solves everyone's problems lol
Aug 17, 2019 2:39 AM
Apr 2018
That annoying brat somewhat reminds me of Ben Shapiro...
Aug 17, 2019 5:32 AM

Jul 2014
Another episode, another annoying member of the Soma family. It's definitely a pattern now. Also, Hiro threatens Kyo with being arrested for child abuse early on, so how is Akito able to get away with what he did to Kisa (and to Yuki as well, for that matter)? I mean, I get that abusers can instill so much fear in who they abuse that they're scared to tell anyone in fear of worse happening, but it's still hard to believe that no one in the family would be able to surpass that fear to try and get Akito arrested. Either way, Hiro is annoying enough that I don't feel sorry for him, but I do feel sorry for Kisa.

This episode once again reinforced how messed up the Soma family is and how much I really, really hope that Akito suffers some serious consequences for his horrible abuse before the show ends.
Aug 17, 2019 6:06 AM

Feb 2016
HOOfan_1 said:
HereticHunter said:

Maybe, maybe not, but I'm pretty sure Akito wouldn't fall that easy over cops, that, and even if the police manages to catch him, nothing prevents him for escaping disguising himself as an animal (or doing something worse), so its still not a good idea whatsoever.

Akito doesn't turn into an animal. What bad thing do you think Akito can do to the police? Akito is frail and sickly. The only reason the Zodiacs put up with Akito is the curse makes them.

Oops my bad then, Then the other reason you got in the forums is the most accurate then, the one with the spoiler tag xP.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 17, 2019 7:01 AM

Dec 2014
the characters in this anime are so powerful
Aug 17, 2019 7:16 AM

Jun 2014
K1ngOfSloth said:
Why the hell do so many people here think that Akito is a girl?
His appearance may look rather feminine but... like didnt you hear his voice (va)?! And he's classified as male here on mal

You clearly didn't read the spoiler on Akito's MAL page. It answers your question.
SailorVekiAug 17, 2019 7:23 AM
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Aug 17, 2019 8:07 AM

Feb 2011
Akito messed up the hole Sohma family o.o
Hiro-kun is a totally tsundere like Kyo lol!
I really love Hiro and Kiss together!
Hiro is a good kid even he not always knows how to deal with his emotions. When he smiles it make my heart melting!
Aug 17, 2019 8:08 AM

Sep 2018
That brat is the worst anime character ever, so much so I am on the edge of dropping this.
Hopefully he doesn't feature much in the future.
Aug 17, 2019 9:57 AM

Apr 2018
Cool the goat zodiac. He was really annoying at first but looks like he settled with Tohru already
Aug 17, 2019 10:05 AM

Jul 2019
yeah hiro is not one of my favourites, but i liked how he redeemed himself by being nice to tohru at the end,
Aug 17, 2019 11:27 AM

Oct 2017
That new Zodiac brat was annoying af. Also I dunno why no one says anythng to akito , even after that bastard did horrible things to all of them they just take it for granted that what Akito does is right. No matter what the reason abusing and beating a child so hard that she needed two weeks to heal is no freaking way right and yet they all did no jack shit to Akito.
Aug 17, 2019 11:37 AM
Jan 2019
Jeez I forgot how much of a brat Hiro was.

I also forgot about what Akito did to Kisa. It was hard seeing Hiro think his actions caused Kisa’s suffering and then in turn cause her more hurt in the process by not knowing how to handle his emotions.
Aug 17, 2019 12:15 PM

Apr 2011
Finally! Hiro's here. Love this episode.

Aug 17, 2019 12:16 PM

Aug 2007
Naerys said:
I really don't understand Zodiac's relationship with Akito - I know she's
but why are they so tolerant of her? Why do they discuss so calmly her beating up a child? Why don't they blame her for anything?

Mention about Akito and the "she" is a manga spoiler alert. Take care about this because is only in the manga. In first adaption Akito was a male.
Aug 17, 2019 1:19 PM

Jan 2018
I really hate people like Hiro. feeling smug after so many "witty" response just makes you want me to punch you in the face. I am a sarcastic person myself but damn Hiro, set you limits man, don't make witty responses to everything
Aug 17, 2019 3:49 PM
Dec 2016
I am honestly a bit over those bratty kiddos. Like can we get to the deep part please? Switch it up a bit >-<
Can't wait to see more character developement in Kyo and Tohru, I hope they both become more mature XD <3
Aug 17, 2019 3:52 PM

Mar 2018
That kid drove me nuts

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Aug 17, 2019 3:56 PM

Nov 2014
what an annoying kid, but i do agree with some of what he said
he may be harsh, but tooru really is too nice for her own good. she gotta learn to start saying "no". shes lucky she met the sohma family. cause if she'd met anyone else she could've gotten taken advantaged of and used and manipulated for others' gains. and she'd be hurt, and learned that not all humans deserves to be treated kindly
Aug 17, 2019 4:11 PM

May 2013
Tohru is too wholesome, I love her.
Aug 17, 2019 5:06 PM

Feb 2015
I would happily spend the night in a prison cell for child abuse if I was that little shit's sibling or parent. What a nasty little shit. I hate it when shows try to pass off characters like this as a joke or somehow justified or even include them. They're literally nothing but annoying and add so little.
Aug 17, 2019 10:58 PM

Jul 2017
Yuki's reply to the Mogeta anime is pretty much anime these days, is a problem in and of itself.

Bratty kiddo sheep zodiac Hiro on the scene, after the adjournment that Kisa stayed in Shigure's house. It's too bad that Tohru has to deal with such people with walls that high to breakdown, with what ended up being a romance sibling fight.

And that holds true, as what happened to Hatori ages ago, the same applies to Hiro and Kisa. Akito would never approve until he understands, and we won't be seeing that resolve in quite a long time from now (considering that there's 65 episodes and three-fifths to go).

If there's anything to learn, the Soma curse still stands, within and outside in its insane and messed-up subtlety.
Aug 17, 2019 11:14 PM

Mar 2017
Everyone’s hating on Hiro while I’m just like “I love my kind ram zodiac boy”, haha. It makes me wonder how I used to feel about Hiro before I read the manga and when I watched the original anime, although I don’t recall ever hating him anyways.

Another great episode though, and I’m glad to see one of my favorite parts! I can’t wait for what’s to come as well, since we’re getting closer and closer...
Aug 18, 2019 12:39 AM

Mar 2008
My precious child Hiro. I seriously love almost all of the characters in this series sooooo much. I can't believe how deep Okitsu's voice for Hatori is lol.
Aug 18, 2019 1:59 AM

Feb 2014
Tohru has quite the saint personality. She thinks of even the bad people to have some circumstances that made them to be so. Her kindness and honesty melts down the heart.
Can't wait for her to change even Akito too.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 18, 2019 2:16 AM

Nov 2011
I'm all for Tohru being sweet and accommodating but I wish that they didn't characterize her as a hapless doormat. I mean, if an object falls from the sky, even a child's first instinct is to look up to see where it fell from. What kind of an idiot sits down and stares at it like "huh, isn't that something?" And if some stranger just grabbed my bag like that and took one of my possessions, I would immediately give chase or call the cops about the robbery. At least have Tohru run after him, bump into Momiji and enlist his help. Give the poor girl some agency!

Overall, not the best of our lovable crew has to offer. Kisa and Yuki and Kyo were the saving grace of this episode.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Aug 18, 2019 7:32 AM

Oct 2008
Hiro is a bratty one huh...but looks like he was just overprotective to Kisa...
almost 2k yen for 2 pcs of crepe!? oh man! is japan already high cost of standard living!? lolz
4/5.

Aug 18, 2019 7:48 AM

Apr 2013
I would've slapped the dogshit out of this kid.
Aug 18, 2019 10:20 AM

Jun 2014
matias067 said:

almost 2k yen for 2 pcs of crepe!? oh man! is japan already high cost of standard living!? lolz

When Tooru goes to order the 3 crepes, you can see the prices for a short time, they are almost 500 yen each, so a bit less than 1500 yen. Which is exactly how much money Tooru had (she said she had 1535 yen), lol, good that she didn't have to buy them in the end. No idea if 500 yen is too much for 1 crepe, I never tried those, I don't know what goes into making them, but they look yummy in this episode. XD
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Aug 18, 2019 11:36 AM
Oct 2018
Luroon said:
Hiro and kagura, the shittiest characters in Fruits basket.

Well i'm happu someone else is also pointing out kagura. When kagura beat the shit out of kyo everyone was ok but when hiro kicked tohru all hell broke.
Aug 18, 2019 11:57 AM

Apr 2014
So how many more annoying characters are there?
That's how you ruin an episode and almost the whole show, with bad disgusting characters. ugh
Aug 18, 2019 12:29 PM
Feb 2012
Anime full of characters I hate!!
Aug 18, 2019 2:18 PM

Dec 2018
gosh i wish that Shigure was gay ddddd, idk but he seems to fill out all characteres of a middle thirties gay man.

Gladly that im not the only one who did think that Hiro's fucking unpolite. Regardless of what he might've experienced, this is not an excuse to start to badmouth everyone and being annoying at its finest. Even kids can be respectul if someone teaches them, guess it isnt for this one. However he isn't the biggest issue here as it goes for Akito at being in another level of psychopath right? Beatin the hell up of a child likeeeeee weeeee, there's no boundaries to them power? I mean this is a seriously matter, i know it's fantasy and whatever, but even on this, there has to be children protection laws.
Aug 18, 2019 5:10 PM
Jan 2016
The first episodes of Fruits Basket have been fun and interesting, but as the last episodes are coming, I'm thinking how many things are considered "regular" in this world: abuse, psychological torture, incest... I can see why many people hate this anime.
I guess the best part of this episode were the scenes with Kyou... I also like Kisa as well, poor girl has suffered a lot and didn't deserve all of this BS.
Aug 18, 2019 10:17 PM

Nov 2010
olaclarice said:
The first episodes of Fruits Basket have been fun and interesting, but as the last episodes are coming, I'm thinking how many things are considered "regular" in this world: abuse, psychological torture, incest... I can see why many people hate this anime.
I guess the best part of this episode were the scenes with Kyou... I also like Kisa as well, poor girl has suffered a lot and didn't deserve all of this BS.

There isn't incest in Fruits Basket though? I don't get why people keep saying this, Soma family is big and none of the couples are between siblings.

In terms of abuse and psychological torture, well i think the whole point of Furuba is show abuse, how it affects people and how they survive from it. I guess someone could hate the show for that, but to me it's good and mature topic to tackle.
Aug 19, 2019 7:01 AM

Jun 2016
You know what, a lot of things Hiro said to Tohru about her thinking way more about others than herself was really something even i wanted to tell her if i could.

Yeah the way he decided to do it was really unnecessary, but he's still just a kid.
I guess i don't dislike him like the majority of people on this thread.
Aug 19, 2019 11:23 AM

Jan 2019
olaclarice said:
Abuse is a major theme of the show, but that’s what I like about it. It’s a mature and emotional topic that a lot of shows are afraid to tackle. Also incest isn’t a thing in this show. All the characters that date are not actually blood related. They are part of a clan, so they aren’t closely related at all. Even so, marrying your cousin is legal in Japan from what I know.
"In the End, Only Kindness Matters" -Jewel
Aug 19, 2019 3:44 PM

Nov 2018
This Hiro kid is annoying too. I thought he would be better than this but no, he's just a brat who thinks he is such smart when he's just plain eyesore.
This Akito person again. Beating up Kisa. Even if you hypothetically stand by that atrocity why would you beat the person who's being loved than the one who said they love.
Good, at least Hiro knows he's very annoying. Hope he works at that.
OrangeCloudsAug 19, 2019 3:49 PM
Aug 19, 2019 3:51 PM

Mar 2015
Okay Hiro is the best character in this serie x)

I just love tsundere clever gaki
Aug 19, 2019 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
Even though he had a bad attitude, he is still a child. A troubled child by the looks of things. At the bright side, he is showing signs of growing up. One of the first steps to maturity is acknowledging your own mistakes.

Wonder what happened to make someone like Akito this twisted, hitting a little girl to the point where she had to visit the hospital. Thats sick alright.
Aug 19, 2019 11:53 PM

May 2014
Naerys said:
I really don't understand Zodiac's relationship with Akito - I know she's
but why are they so tolerant of her? Why do they discuss so calmly her beating up a child? Why don't they blame her for anything?

Regarding the spoiler which will be answered with a potential spoiler
. I’ll reframe from elaborating because that’s where most can connect the dots. This show is extremely dark in parts that has a happy facade.
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Aug 20, 2019 2:44 AM

May 2016
That face is really bad for my heart.

Aug 20, 2019 7:18 AM
Aug 2019
Hiro x Kisa FTW!!! I ship them in this series so hard!!! ^_^

Just as hard as what I do Tohru x Yuki in fact!!! ^_^
Aug 20, 2019 8:11 AM

Feb 2017
Hiro can be annoying but I loved the sass that he threw towards those cartoon characters.
Aug 21, 2019 8:21 AM

Apr 2015
um so...when is the story gonna get moving? if i have to watch another episode introducing ANOTHER zodiac character without anything really significant happening i might just drop this...
Aug 21, 2019 10:42 AM
May 2019
sugarpeach said:
um so...when is the story gonna get moving? if i have to watch another episode introducing ANOTHER zodiac character without anything really significant happening i might just drop this...

The characters ARE the story. The characters and their relationships to each other are one of the central building blocks of this series. A lot of important setup for things have been happening in the past three episodes. This series is a drama at its core and this first season is setting up the characters and their initial relationships to and with each other via introductions and backstories.

Towards the end of this season and more so in the second season we will really start to see the drama and romance take an uptick and build off of the groundwork that is being laid in this first season. This is just the kind of series that Fruits Basket is, so this may not be a series for you.
Aug 21, 2019 12:44 PM

Apr 2018
Damn Hiro was so damn annoying in the beginning. Better show some respect xD Yet we still don't know much about Akito and why on earth would Akito hurt Kisa.
Aug 21, 2019 5:12 PM
Apr 2019
sugarpeach said:

Well, why don't you just count. There are 12 zodiacs. 10 of them have been introduced.

Maybe keep your empty threats of dropping the show to yourself if they're going to be attached to easily surmisable questions.
Aug 22, 2019 7:06 AM

Nov 2016
I didn't even dislike the sharp tongued, albeit bratty Hiro. But his character really grew on me during just this one episode. A lot was done right here again.

And his sheep form looked too adorable.

Need to learn more about Akito, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 22, 2019 10:02 AM

Oct 2016
I didn't care for Hiro at first, but after seeing why he acts the way he does, I ended up liking the kid. I love the moral Tohru teaches Hiro and I love his cute relationship with Kisa. I'm super excited to see where this story goes! <3
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

130 by razornamidablood »»
Apr 22, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

117 by ashura_chan »»
Apr 9, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

217 by bruh98hy89 »»
Mar 29, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

231 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 17, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2019

123 by Jordanrane02 »»
Mar 16, 9:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.