Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 16, 2019 5:25 PM

Apr 2017
A more detailed adaptation of the Ice and Fire series, game of thrones didn't do it justice imo. Or other in-depth portrayals of fantasy worlds painted in a seinen light.

Aug 16, 2019 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
A dancing anime with subtle shoujo ai. I'd like charcter development, lots of dancing and cute girls.
removed-userAug 16, 2019 5:31 PM
Aug 16, 2019 5:28 PM

Apr 2017
nonagoninfinity said:
"The Office" styled comedy show, in actual workplace.

Business Fish is pretty close, I've only seen the one episode though.

Aug 16, 2019 5:49 PM
Jul 2018
I'd like a mature, adult-oriented "mons" anime. Kind of like SMT but an anime. All there really is is Narutaru.

A josei magical girl series where all of the magical girls are adult women but still get to kick ass.
Aug 16, 2019 6:10 PM

Mar 2019
I would like to see historical anime for adult people about Peking opera, similar to the movie "Farewell, my Concubine". And about Kabuki theatre. And I'd love them to be BL anime. :)

And a show which story is set in medieval Byzantium or ancient Egypt!
Green_GhostAug 16, 2019 6:16 PM
Aug 16, 2019 6:12 PM

Jan 2018
JCas38 said:
A Jazz Band/Club anime somewhere in between the spectrum of K-On and Sound Euphonium. Cute and lovable characters with a grounded and enticing story with real stakes and drama. All while being informative of the genre, of course.

Closest you'll get to that is Kids on the Slope
What a beautiful Duwang
Aug 16, 2019 6:16 PM

Jan 2018
My dream anime is a proper adaptation of Berserk past the Golden Age arc. It's tiring how much Berserk gets disrespected by its already existing adaptations (minus 97 and the third movie).
What a beautiful Duwang
Aug 16, 2019 7:44 PM

Jul 2019
EndlessMaria said:
puneetsingh said:
Mostly like Claymore as instead of witches it's still have female warriors and it's one of the most intense anime I've ever seen. You can read the manga as anime is incomplete and also changed in its last arc.

Interesting. I will watch and read Claymore some time. Thanks for the recommendation!
Yeah but only one warning about this anime is that it has one somewhat annoying not completely annoying character soo be prepared to not get annoyed that much otherwise you may not focus on better things of that anime whereas in the manga that annoying character gets character development.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Aug 16, 2019 8:16 PM

Jul 2019
I have a lot of ideas for a dream anime, but the one I want the most is this:

An anime that revolves around a whole guild of powerful travelling storytellers that travel around the multiverse, telling tales of their exploits. Each episode would center on one of the storytellers from the guild telling their story to a group of people. The storytellers' stories are usually about them going on a treacherous adventure, helping people who can't help themselves, or performing an impossible feat. Each storyteller is different in their own way. Some are human, some aren't. Some use guns, some use swords, magic, or their bare hands. So on and so forth.

Oh, and I'd also like a short crossover anime with TMS's most popular characters like Lupin III, Conan, and Momozono. Something like Isekai Quartet.
CosmicRoboAug 17, 2019 10:50 AM
Insert a neat little signature with an anime gif or something here.
Aug 16, 2019 8:48 PM

Oct 2017
Ooo I like this topic.

Let me think.

A yuri romance mystery supernatural comedy drama.

Heavy on the drama, light on the comedy.

Supernatural element done in a kind of whymsical, not-fully-explained way but with lots of meaning relating to love and friendship.

Mystery done in a kind of dark but not quite horror murder-mystery way similar to Another.

There would be plenty of sexual tension and two romances, one male-female, one female-female.

Hell, the girl from the straight relationship could be one of the girls from the yuri relationship. Maybe part-way through there's this big plot twist that there was actually two of her for some supernatural reason. So we get one girl in both a straight and yuri relationship but we get to have both ships set sail without it being a weird three-way thing or any cheating.

There would be some sex scenes but not too many. There would be a straight male-female virgin defloration scene and a super tender loving yuri scene. Maybe another scene but I wouldn't want to overdo it.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Aug 16, 2019 9:15 PM

Dec 2017
Hideaki Anno has come incredibly close with Evangelion and Kare Kano for me

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Aug 17, 2019 6:03 AM
Jan 2019
I'd have to say a murder mystery set in a bakery. Like an Agatha Christie meets Great British bake off. Forensics meet the art of pastry making.

The other day I saw a documentary about an old grandpa who suffered a stroke,his whole right side left paralyzed,and had to learn how to walk,write,speak all from scratch. He had the help of his wife and therapists and after several years he recovered. I think a beautiful heartfelt story like that could be an amazing anime.

And as for comedy,Black adder/Allo! Allo! converted into anime...I'd be laughing my ass off.
Aug 17, 2019 7:33 AM
Mar 2018
beminim said:
I want an isekai anime where it is basically the same as every isekai: main character who is good at everything, gets all the girls and saves everyone. His harem keeps growing and growing, and then in the end it turns out he only saw all his harem as friends because he is in fact gay.

That would make me want to watch isekai. Would be a great plotwist.i am laughing by myself just thinking about it.

That would be funny as hell xD! And imagine having one friend companion with him and wanting to confess him but he can't xD!
Aug 17, 2019 7:36 AM

Jul 2019
ugmon said:
technological singularity stuff it can either kill humanity (accidentally invented Ultron or Skynet) or make humanity evolve transhumanism style with like nanotech "insert nanomachines son meme here* and will like reach type 1, 2, 3 civilization and even type 4 civilization fighting universe busters/destroyers with universe busters/destroyers lol and final evolution of 3D beings as type 5 civilization (multiverse busters)

a lot of anime today only focuses on planet buster/destroyers, ye dragonball super has a multiverse buster/destroyer but he is not doing it a lot and he does not have an equal opponent like that there

also more better is higher dimensional beings that are more stronger than us 3D beings no matter how much we evolve
that 4d,5d etc. thing is the one that Dbs could've gave us as the story was based on gods or universal beings but sadly it was mostly just a fanservice series.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Aug 17, 2019 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
JigokuNoHebi said:
beminim said:
I want an isekai anime where it is basically the same as every isekai: main character who is good at everything, gets all the girls and saves everyone. His harem keeps growing and growing, and then in the end it turns out he only saw all his harem as friends because he is in fact gay.

That would make me want to watch isekai. Would be a great plotwist.i am laughing by myself just thinking about it.

That would be funny as hell xD! And imagine having one friend companion with him and wanting to confess him but he can't xD!
dude that would make it even greater, what a shame that we probably won't get anything like this...
Aug 17, 2019 7:47 AM

Aug 2016
KuroudoAkabane said:
Hitman the animation.

The 1st three /four hitman games animated.

Give Requiem for the Phantom a shot.
Aug 17, 2019 8:29 AM

Oct 2015
Lovecraftian horror for sure. There are many games and movies who attempted to emulate the atmosphere the books, with varying degrees of success, but no anime so far.

Aug 17, 2019 8:39 AM

Jun 2019
nonagoninfinity said:
"The Office" styled comedy show, in actual workplace.

Now that would be brilliant, can you imagine an animated version of Ricki Gervais/David Brent, lmao, or Gareth (remembering the stapler put into the jelly or the episode where David Brent played the guitar (Free Love On A Free-Love Highway)) ^_^
Aug 17, 2019 8:40 AM

Aug 2017
Something like game of thrones with a GOOOD PLOT AND PLOTIWSTS
Also No fan service and characters with "grey personalities"

It will remain just a dream
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2019 9:26 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
An experimental anime (animated work - film or television) covering a Bible story. Not a work haphazardly borrowing iconography or devoid of it's original meaning, but a genuine telling of a story with an unconventional art direction. This would also not be a show targeted for children and preferably not a story that has been told many times over by other films.

An idea I've had is an anthology of the parable's of Christ done by various experimental short film directors. It would also be cool to see something done on the lives of missionaries or martyrs in the broader sense of religion (telling stories of notable persons from various faiths).
Aug 17, 2019 11:09 AM

Feb 2016
Star-Storm said:
I'd be down for more anime that takes on superheroes, or just urban fantasy in general. one punch man and my hero are pretty close imo. but I'd like it if this anime would also have that magical girl aspect too. somehow two clashing power tropes would be mixed together perfectly.

You might enjoy Tiger & Bunny; unfortunately, it has no magical girls, but it's still a great superhero show.

I'd love to see an anime set in some real country, to be more exact, in places like slums or the poorest region of the said country in general. Various interesting and well fleshed out characters; I wanna see homeless characters, junkies, all sorts of shady individuals. It'd be nice if the show had Kota Hirano's art style. Dark soundtracks (there's no way j-pop would suit this kind of anime lol), maybe a mix various electronic music genres or hip hop. No need for a happy ending, but it would have to have a satisfactory ending. So, basically, Michiko to Hatchin, but with a better ending and darker plot.
Aug 17, 2019 11:18 AM

Nov 2017
Bara_no_Uta said:
A magical girl yuri romance. I know Nanoha, Flip Flappers, Yuri Kuma Arashi, and Sailor Moon have varying amounts of yuri (and that many have a "romantic two-girl friendship" aspect), but I'm thinking more along the lines of "Strawberry Panic, except they're magical girls." They'd have super cute costumes and there would be a lot of singing (maybe their powers could be activated by singing, kind of like Lolirock?). And the main romance would build slowly. I envision its genres being romance, magic, and music.

This sounds amazing. Can I has it?

I want a musical magical yuri girl romance anime. Although it was called Utena. But then again that one is mopey and from the late 90s and the singing is gregorian chants.

This one will be happy! They will ascend to the pure heaven on a magical pillow-rainbow of good times and feathers!

No more depressed ironic lesbians lost in the culture because they chose the wrong sexuality and are now doomed to no-tomorrow land and an Evangelion-like freak out.
Aug 17, 2019 11:24 AM

Nov 2017
BiDiGiN said:
A really long running drama about somebody's life, where you just see what that person goes through from birth to death, we see every new encounters, some stay for a while others leave rapidly,we know every thoughts of the character and we can see his interactions with the surroundings. Lots of psychological elements that let's you understand the MC's way of thinking and the changes he goes through all throughout is life. You can see that everything he does was impacted by something he has done previously (see the theory of fatalism).

Maybe not 365 episodes/year but you can have like a year in let's say a 75 episodes, there won't be any filler, no single second from the anime is wasted. There'd be some moments where we visually see what he's thinking

(example: he enters the elevator, a lady enters the elevator, the elevator gets to the lady's floor and then we can see the world crumbling while he's reaching for the button to close the doors and it's very exaggerated so you can see it).

There would be insanely good music from all kinds, each easily associale with a certain type of moment in the anime (ex: character entrance, sadness, thinking, joy, walking, talking about diverse subjects (associated with certain musics depending of subject)).

I didn't fully explain what the anime would be but when I see it in my head it is hard to articulate, my paragraph can be understood very differently depending from who reads it, but in my head I mixed some elements from my life (up until now lol) and some elements that I would've liked to add.

It's funny because I've been thinking about this idea for a week already and coincidentally this thread came up today.

So basically Ulysses the anime?

Golden Boy and Serial Experiments Lain were a lot like that. Anime is always personal with MC characters.

Also Naoki Urasawa or Osamu Tezuka would have to write it.

Citizen Kane was a bit like this too, from birth to death of a rich asshole tyrant without any friends or real love, just a broken down, burnt out old man who enjoyed making money and didn't know what to do with its popularity or fame.
Aug 17, 2019 11:26 AM

Nov 2018
Oh man. I would love more batshit, off the rails stuff like FLCL. Shows that are emotional and well written, but also super creative and a complete work of love. It’s pretty rare we see anime that were made for personal reasons in current shows, since it seems a lot of them are made with the intent of cash and popularity.
Aug 17, 2019 11:27 AM

Nov 2017
vhagar8 said:
I'd really like to see a deconstruction of battle shonen

It's called Berserk, right? He loses the girl, loses his best friend, loses his army, loses his arm, gets mind raped a little, goes off into the darkness to fight pirate ships and zombies.

Best friend comes back from the dead as a beautiful gay knight to once again reclaim his glory as MC's zombie son.

Truly a fucked up knightmare of shounen.
Aug 17, 2019 11:31 AM

Nov 2017
TsundereNemesis said:
An anime based on one of Lovecraft's works

They would have to have another genre built in. I suggest Seinen mystery Lovecraft. Somebody is murdered, like old noir and smokey cigarettes and they set off on a modern tour to find out who died and why and find creakity crackity old northeastern monsters along the way.

The 2000s did this with Ergo Proxy and stuff and Boogiepop, but go as or much more extreme.

It's too grownup for today's anime world so it would never get a budget or made right now.

If you could Iseakai Lovecraft then we'd see it for sure. I call tendril rape in advance.
Aug 17, 2019 11:38 AM

Nov 2017
Cat girls doing cute things or teenage cat girls in a punk band or I guess just cat girls wearing sexy outfits in a 70's dated/animation style band.

It can be called Cat Tunes and have a generally weird OP and after six episodes they give up and it devolves into an adaptation of The Warriors with cat girls.

Cat punk back street girls who look hot and have fights for trash and stuff. SOL cat girls.

Oh God so many cat girls.

And one of the MCs sings the OP in a cat voice.
Aug 17, 2019 11:43 AM

Jul 2019
@DarkInsomnia57 I don't really understand, could you rephrase?
Aug 17, 2019 11:46 AM

May 2018
It would be the adapdation of my manga.
Aug 17, 2019 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
Something with space exploration where you visit different planets, like in Star Trek: TOS
Aug 17, 2019 2:57 PM
Jul 2019
dragon ball z best anime of history
kkkkkk
Aug 17, 2019 3:09 PM

Mar 2018
Thriller that would give me a run for my money.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Aug 17, 2019 4:11 PM

Mar 2014
Something like a Cold War spy action/thriller like The Americans but better.
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Aug 17, 2019 4:30 PM

Nov 2017
BiDiGiN said:

Ulysses is a book written by James Joyce published February 2, 1922.
Aug 17, 2019 4:41 PM

Dec 2016
An isekai in which the mc (which also should be an anti-social virgin loser that can't do anything in the real world)gets a very broken superpower which he uses to defeat satan and also gets a harem of horny sluts to fuck.
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Aug 17, 2019 4:53 PM

Aug 2012
All I really want is a seinen mixed martial arts anime with quality on par with Hajime no Ippo. Shounen could work too but I would prefer adult main characters.

Ideally I would want it to take place in a diverse gym with both female and male fighters, different fighters specializing in different martial arts and styles that goes into detail with the techniques and martial arts while still being entertaining to both the hardcore mma fan and non fan alike, characters from different countries, upbringings, and motives as to why they chose the martial arts path and why they want to compete etc. I would also like it if it has great comic relief but that's a given.

I'm currently reading All Rounder Meguru and it's a great manga, but I want an anime that's less shooto but current day mainstream UFC like cage fighting mma.
???????
Aug 17, 2019 7:43 PM

Jan 2019
A Vagabond adaptation that is well animated, faithful to the story, and does not change the art style.
Aug 17, 2019 8:07 PM

Feb 2019
SAO's first arc but with all 100 floors, less asuna, more silica and lisbeth and a genuine open relationship situation
Aug 17, 2019 8:25 PM

Aug 2016
The perfect adaptation would be Battle Royale directed by WiT and released as Ovas for better production values. And directed by Araki and no cgi. And industrial metal ost.

If original, an anime series about the music industry strong in themes like crowd manipulation, corporatism, corruption and technologic innovation.

If posible, near futuristic setting.

JCas38 said:
A Jazz Band/Club anime somewhere in between the spectrum of K-On and Sound Euphonium. Cute and lovable characters with a grounded and enticing story with real stakes and drama. All while being informative of the genre, of course.

This but with DJs. But If its jazz Id like to see smooth jazz and swing moeblobs bullying the pretentious experimental ones.
:v
Aug 17, 2019 9:08 PM

May 2019
Hatifnatik said:
Star-Storm said:
I'd be down for more anime that takes on superheroes, or just urban fantasy in general. one punch man and my hero are pretty close imo. but I'd like it if this anime would also have that magical girl aspect too. somehow two clashing power tropes would be mixed together perfectly.

You might enjoy Tiger & Bunny; unfortunately, it has no magical girls, but it's still a great superhero show.

I'd love to see an anime set in some real country, to be more exact, in places like slums or the poorest region of the said country in general. Various interesting and well fleshed out characters; I wanna see homeless characters, junkies, all sorts of shady individuals. It'd be nice if the show had Kota Hirano's art style. Dark soundtracks (there's no way j-pop would suit this kind of anime lol), maybe a mix various electronic music genres or hip hop. No need for a happy ending, but it would have to have a satisfactory ending. So, basically, Michiko to Hatchin, but with a better ending and darker plot.

huh, can't believe I haven't heard of that one before. thanks for the suggestion!
Aug 17, 2019 9:20 PM

Nov 2016
I'd love to see a proper complete adaption of Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, done by Ufotable or Bones.
Don't question my antics.
Aug 18, 2019 3:33 AM

Sep 2018
1. More Inferno Cop
2. A good sci fi, fantasy show with near to flawless worldbuilding, not a bit medival fantasy i mean a fantastical Fantasy rich in its diffrent countrys (i.e culture etc.), flawed Characters with some sort of mental illness and the show deals with it on a perfect level.
Some politics, some big battles some good 1v1 battles some philosophical themes. It needs to deal with Human problems in a world we can't relate to.

Aug 18, 2019 3:58 AM

Apr 2011
Jus1294 said:
My dream anime is a proper adaptation of Berserk past the Golden Age arc. It's tiring how much Berserk gets disrespected by its already existing adaptations (minus 97 and the third movie).

^This, I can't agree more. I hope rumors about Netflix are true.
Aug 18, 2019 4:59 AM
Aug 2019
<a href="https://insightsonindias.com">my animelist awesome website</a>
Aug 18, 2019 5:07 AM

May 2016
Yu-Gi-Oh 7 be my take.

Deppends if it has Dinosaurs and really cool character that don't suck like ARC-V IMO.

Also to be as epic as 5d's and share Symphogear troupes.
Aug 18, 2019 10:05 AM

Jul 2014
An Avengers like anime with all the shonen protags would be nice.
Like having Yusuke, Goku, Ichigo, Gon, Naruto, Tanjiro etc.
Aug 18, 2019 10:19 AM

Apr 2018
i would love to see an anime based in ww2 like valkyria chronicles and tanya but without the fantasy elements, specially if it would go around the everyday life of the soldiers during war.

other option for me would be a fantasy themed anime like danmachi, druaga, etc but from the viewpoint of the guild officers. it would be about the many adventurers that come to the guild and their stories and problems, but not centering on anyone specifically.
Aug 18, 2019 11:32 AM

Jul 2019
DarkInsomnia57 said:
BiDiGiN said:

Ulysses is a book written by James Joyce published February 2, 1922.

Well I haven't read/seen any of the examples you've given but after doing a bit of research on all of them the main problem is they aren't long running and do not expand on all of the life of the main character.

If I had someone to draw the manga it'd be from Asano Inio, his art style looks really good and isn't as simplistic as Tezuka's style nor too "mature/realistic" (dunno really how to say it) like Urasawa's style.
Aug 18, 2019 11:34 AM

Jun 2019
Anime where the childhood friend wins.
Aug 18, 2019 1:33 PM

Jun 2019
A Nascar anime. i don't even watch Nascar, but i think it would look amazing if it was given that over-the-top flair of anime. plus a cliche American underdog plot, and maybe a fake VHS filter to give it a Golden age of racing vibe.
please stand by...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Apr 25

35 by ToastWithNutella »»
5 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

47 by ryzxgum »»
6 minutes ago

» Is there any specific setting or theme you’re biased to

nishant0 - 12 hours ago

13 by ToastWithNutella »»
6 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - Today

37 by -YaoiBoy- »»
8 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 8 hours ago

28 by Hikinekomori »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.