Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jul 7, 2019 7:10 PM

Feb 2018
Glad to see a less popular VA get some love that isnt him yelling as Asta, animation is beautiful, cool premise
Jul 7, 2019 8:28 PM

May 2016
pretty good animation! the story doesn't seem to be super innovative beyond the concept yet but I look forward to seeing episode 2!

Jul 7, 2019 9:55 PM
Sep 2018
Great animation and fight. But fire vs fire really? The monster should be resistance to fire but no it's super effective and get destroy easily.
The mc get praised and become hero from before hated by people in just 1 episode wow
Jul 7, 2019 10:54 PM

Aug 2017
This is going to be the next big thing. It’ll be interesting seeing Dr. Stone and this going head to head for top spot.
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Jul 8, 2019 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
The opening is a visual feast! Ah looking at Shinra made me miss Soul Eater. I might read the manga soon, who knows. Shinra's smile is creepy but actually very contagious.
Jul 8, 2019 7:26 AM
Jan 2019
BestBoiEren said:
now I know why that trash bnha is popular :D all you need is good animations and people won't care how garbage or generic the story is

kinda sad if you ask me

Kinda sad that people like you don't know what to do with their lifes and instead just keep jabbing at other series and thinking you're a smartass. And without even knowing how to properly write, mind you.
Jul 8, 2019 7:38 AM

Jun 2017
The animation is really good, the OP and ED is also good, it's just that, after watching the first episode, I don't really like the plot of this one, a generic shounen anime. It seems like a quasi-religious anime at the get-go. I mean, prayers?/_\ While on battle? To save the soul of both infernals and humans? Seems a bit corny. I guess I'll give it until 3 or 4 episodes to see if I drop it or not. This anime may just not be for me.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 8, 2019 8:17 AM

Apr 2019
Absolutely blown.
I personally think its better than Dr Stone. I like the animation, love the songs and story will just do. The concept is good and characters are well made. The girls are lit, also the problem of MC's smile made me give a salute. The action scenes are beyond expectations. I appreciate a bit of romantic/hot stuff(just a bit though).
All I hope here is for the MC to not be dense. That will be a bummer.

Jul 8, 2019 8:21 AM

Jan 2015
TheGratefulDead said:
BestBoiEren said:
now I know why that trash bnha is popular :D all you need is good animations and people won't care how garbage or generic the story is

kinda sad if you ask me

Kinda sad that people like you don't know what to do with their lifes and instead just keep jabbing at other series and thinking you're a smartass. And without even knowing how to properly write, mind you.

Thank you for your input, have a great day!

@Avi_Verma Get ready to be dissapointed then, this is soul eaters author we are talking about
Jul 8, 2019 8:28 AM

Apr 2019
BestBoiEren said:
TheGratefulDead said:

@Avi_Verma Get ready to be dissapointed then, this is soul eaters author we are talking about

The first episode seemed good. I know it won't be enough to make the series good enough. Thanks, will keep my expectations down then.
Jul 8, 2019 9:12 AM
Jan 2019
Avi_Verma said:
BestBoiEren said:

The first episode seemed good. I know it won't be enough to make the series good enough. Thanks, will keep my expectations down then.

These are just Vinland Saga and Dr. Stone fanboys trying to bring down the series. Keep your expectations high, this show will be awesome.
Jul 8, 2019 10:40 AM

Aug 2018
Looks like every other anime picked up the slack and improved animation quality after one punch man dropped the ball lol
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jul 8, 2019 10:46 AM

Dec 2016
It's a shame that I'm hearing the episode felt kinda rushed, with a few cuts here and there. I hope instead of completely removing a few of those panels they just communicate that same (or similar) information later on, maybe in a different way than what the manga did. That way at least nothing is lost due to them trying to squeeze in the first couple chapters (which overall I still think was the best and only decision they could've made, unless the producers gave this the Re:Zero/Shield Hero treatment with a 45 minute long first episode. Would've been ideal).

That aside, still enjoyed the episode quite a bit. "Generic and cliche" sure, but it still has charm and it's enjoyable which is always the most important thing for me. It goes without saying that the animation was gorgeous too, I just hope it doesn't flop on its second cour like Dororo did. Looking forward to see how this all plays out.

Also, weird mixture of Blue Exorcist/Blood Blockade/Blood Lad/Soul Eater vibes. Not at all a complaint.
Jul 8, 2019 11:08 AM
Oct 2011
deg said:
Maki is waifu material already

and damn those sakuga are awesome

but ye the story is average so far

Yeah, that was a really fun first ep and especially a damn gorgeous one too. Loved Soul Eater so I'm all-in on this. Already watched it twice lol. Voice cast in both the dub and sub sounded great to me as did the great music.

I like the team we've met so far, should be fun to see them bond. The characters seemed cool and Shinra seemed a fun protag.

Maki's my early fav from the first ep, loved that she looked pretty ripped too.

Best premiere so far for me along with Cop Craft. Need to see Vinland Saga next. Lots of great shows so far for this season for me.
Jul 8, 2019 11:26 AM
Mar 2019
David Production giving us more hyperstylized greatness; although MC looks to be straight out of a Studio Bones production

The action sequences had a high level of execution, I just worry about the plot itself. I hope this doesn't turn into a 'monster of the week' type show.

First impressions leave me with an interest in the direction of the show but am reserved in expectations
Jul 8, 2019 3:29 PM

Feb 2014
The animation is fantastic. David Production hit it out of the park.

Shinra seems cool (I can't stop thinking about FF7) and the others gave off a good first impression. Sister and Maki seem like they'll be popular in the waifu wars this season, which is fine by me. Shinra does not seem like the loud dumbass type and is a bit more sincere and focused. I also like his backstory and goal, interesting guy.

Really looking forward to more.
Jul 8, 2019 4:21 PM

Aug 2017
Good animation,Bad premise,the character design are too generic and there are too many shounen cliché.I will wait to drop it till ep 5 hoping for a good story
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2019 7:08 PM
Apr 2010
ah yes, that tactic when character says he distracts the enemy to make an opening for lethal attack, then fights for some time without anyone trying to find an opening, then everyone stops fighting and stand for some time, and then after some more waiting the enemy being eliminated with head on powerfull single attack, after some charging of course
Jul 8, 2019 9:55 PM

Feb 2015
A guy named Shinra was in a bus station when something happened in a wagon and it turned on in fire, a fire demon went out of the wagon, a group of firefighters arrived and started a fight to suppress it, after they finished, a light was going to fall over a firefighter girl and Shinra used his ability (fire jet foots) and saved her, he presented himself as the new member of Special Fire Force Company 8. Shinra accompanied them to their base where they presented, Akitaru, Takehisa, Maki and Iris; they talked about how time ago, people started to burn in something called spontaneous human combustion, which results in infernals (fire demons), chaotic creatures that are only defeated destroying their heart, letting the human rest. An emergency occurred and they went to the incident, inside the building a women turned into an infernal, they entered and Maki removed the fire wall, the infernal attacked them and knocked Shinra out, Takehisa woke him up, Akitaru and Maki distracted it and Shinra hit the infernal, defeating it (through the whole incident Shinra was remembering when he was a child and something burned out his house, killing his mother and sibling, he has been blamed for years).

The animation is great, that city, that characters, that flames, that movements, I had never seen an anime from this studio (neither Jojo), but it looks really good. I’m genuinely excited about this anime, it started really good, I don’t know if it has material to become a superpowers battle anime, but still lot of action.
Atlas77Jul 8, 2019 10:00 PM
Jul 8, 2019 11:24 PM

May 2015
over all it looks cool, i like it
Jul 9, 2019 12:48 AM

Jan 2018
This is one of the big hitters of this season. And boy it delivered. The animation looked awesome. I was really looking forward to this one and it lived up to the expectation. David production nailed it. While watching this a few shots reminded me of Monogatari. And I checked the director and guess what he is employed by shaft. No wonder the shot compositions looked a lot like shaft shows. And there even was a head tilt.
Anyway we haven't seen any battle shounen about fire fighters. So this is gonna be good. I loved the manga. Anime looks great too.
Jul 9, 2019 4:24 AM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
This first episode was great! I loved the scene where they showcased Shinra's ability, it was great animation and artwork. It blew me away honestly. The rest of firefighters seemed very interesting and I am eager to see how they develop as the show goes on. I was kinda turned off by Shinra's tragic backstory because I am having a hard time believing that nobody thought that the mom might have just randomly combusted for no reason since it seems to be very common thing in this world. The fight scene with the Factory workers wife was ok but I wish it was more like the beginning scene but thats just more of a me thing. OP was great and ED was sad as hell makes me eager to see the priest story in the show.
Jul 9, 2019 5:35 AM

Nov 2018
Sister kinda looks like armin from AOT :p
the OP and ED are pretty good too
Jul 9, 2019 5:41 AM

Feb 2015
That was... pretty disappointing.
The effects in these few sakuga moments we'll soon stop seeing as the producers most likely wasted a lot of money on them were nice but the scenes they were used in itself not as much.
Their way of presenting the story, in what order they showed certain moments, and how the past and current happenings were presented (camera angles, screen time each moment had), wasn't something I liked either. I take that manga has the same problem, which is a shame because I liked the premise.
For example, if they started with all the childhood hero stuff (with exception of the sending off scene) before showing the train scene and wouldn't show it anymore (I don't need to see the same stuff more so many times, I get it, he wanted to be a hero as a child, showing it once was enough) and showed the sending off scene with his mother as he was dressing up, to then go to the incident, as he gathers courage - that would certainly have better effect on me.
HakaminahJul 9, 2019 5:53 AM
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Jul 9, 2019 6:36 AM

Oct 2014
I knew from the moment I watched the PV that I would like this anime. Good first episode, the characters also seem to be likeable so far, the most important thing for me tbh. Hope they will also get some decent development.

Jul 9, 2019 7:22 AM
Apr 2019
Wow this opening was friggin awesome, lovin the style and everything about it. "Látom" is a hungarian word, so I was very surprised.
Jul 9, 2019 9:11 AM

Jan 2019
well, they done well with the animation, especially at the first 'girl/woman' demon case, the animation um smooth af. cant wait for the appearance of S tier anti hero (the joker).

Jul 9, 2019 10:49 AM

May 2016
Whoa, that opening song. Amazing! Excited for this yo. I love it and Dr. Stone. I even got Symphogear XV as my summer trio.
Jul 9, 2019 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
Too much fire for one episode, yikes.
I don't really like the jarring mixture of red and yellow. It hurts my eyes.

Maybe I'll just go with the manga instead. It's obviously a cliched premise but it holds some potential.

Opening song is cute.
Jul 9, 2019 4:43 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That was so shounen it hurt

Not too impressed
Jul 9, 2019 7:39 PM

May 2019
A really good first-impressions episode. Detailed the primary morality and philosophy of the world and gave the main character a motive and a place in society - A large amount of exposition for a 20-minute first episode. The opening was thematically parallel, which is really good as it sets the tone for the series.

The animation was beautiful, definitely better than I expected I can tell that there are going to be some really crisp scenes.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 9, 2019 9:17 PM

Sep 2017
An interesting premise. The animation was astounding. It looks like the people coming over to David Production from SHAFT was super beneficial.

So that guy on the train didn't know he was about to set on fire, correct? It just happens, right? THEY GOT HIJIKATA AND SOUGO AS THE CAPTAIN AND LIEUTENANT. If only the Chief of the force was Susumu Chiba. You can't script this. The prayer thing is sort of weird but I'm not judging. His rocket feet are cool. OP was aight, Dr. Stone's was better. I like that now Hijikata is the goofy one and Sougo is super serious. Glad Ookubo ditched the shounen trope where all of the girls have outrageously large breasts. I wish they had explained the history of the Infernals differently. It felt unnatural with Akitaru explaining it like that. The captain doesn't have any powers? He's even more badass. So the guy who killed Shinra's parents will probably be the big baddie. Wonder when we will find out who they are. Is that a normal gun or was it shooting fire? How does she know when to start the prayer? What if Shinra missed? I like the dynamic between Shinra and the captain. I'm hoping we get to see it develop further.
Jul 10, 2019 12:02 AM

May 2009
Atlas77 said:
The animation is great, that city, that characters, that flames, that movements, I had never seen an anime from this studio (neither Jojo), but it looks really good. I’m genuinely excited about this anime, it started really good, I don’t know if it has material to become a superpowers battle anime, but still lot of action.

No people from Jojo staff worked in this. FF has a lot of former shaft animators with director of Zaregoto OVA and episode director of many Monogatari episodes, as lead director here.
Jul 10, 2019 5:36 AM
Sep 2018
Kinda late to the initial reactions, but I enjoyed this first episode a lot. Maybe it is just due to the hype of having this series finally get its anime adaption and having it be done by David Productions, who have already done a fantastic job at adapting Jojo's.

Though that being said I have a few small things to complain about such as Maki already having her witch hat, Obi not trying to do bench presses at the start of the meeting, or Shinra not finding a burnt body in the factory. Though like I said they're small things especially when you consider this episode adapts both chapters 0 and 1 of the manga which is around 100 pages so things obviously DP had to cut down some things for time.

Now for what I loved about this first episode. DP did a fantastic job making everything look so stunning from start to finish, and the fights further highlight the fantastic art style with how buttery smooth the animation is. Plus it has a solid OP and ED both musically and visually, like I've lost track of how many times I've watched the ED in particular. Needless to say I'm exited to see how the rest of this series gets adapted and hopefully I'll watch it closer to its release to have a better chance to talk with you all about it.
Jul 10, 2019 6:51 AM

Apr 2014
I have to be honest, I wasn't too impressed with this episode. It's a generic shonen with a whole lot of exposition being dumped right away. That being said, the animation was great and the theme is unique enough that I'll keep at it. Once it gets past the awkward set-up phase, it could get pretty good.
Jul 10, 2019 8:49 AM

Jul 2016
Very interesting! I'm sold already.
Jul 10, 2019 6:28 PM

Dec 2014
NGL, episode.one had me teary twice. This is impressive considering it's only episode one, it's not a movie, and it's not the climax of the plot. nicely done! I loved it!
Jul 10, 2019 8:16 PM

Jan 2011
Goofy concept

Great OP

Weak motivation for the main character

Poor explanation for the main bad guys

Solid writing overall

I like this show but I think peopel are getting a little too caught up on how good it looks. The show is good but not great.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 10, 2019 9:11 PM

May 2019
Damn the weather here is hot and this show hotter. I love it!
Jul 11, 2019 12:25 AM
Jan 2019
Very amazing episode ..
An original story indeed... desperate to see how it goes
.. animation was super..
But the frames transition is bad
Jul 11, 2019 5:40 AM

Dec 2009
Props to David Pro, the animation was really good, lots of dinamic shots, great use of color with Shinra's eyes and the blue stripes... A few effects were bad CGI (some of the flames, smoke and water), but they didn't stand out at all and the flames that were properly animated were really good.
The manga's art is already great, but this is how you adapt something, even the exposition part had some really great visuals.
Jul 11, 2019 8:01 PM
Jul 2019
So Enen no Shouboutai or "Fire Force" is a beautifully designed anime with hitting points of knowing when to be serious and when to be goofy. But, with that being said I feel if the the anime was a little rushed like most. It feels as if though they could have taken their time and explained why people are spontaneously combusting and if I missed that I'm sorry; but also, the opening and the ending are marvelously done the opening showing us the excitement of the show but the ending giving a glimpse of Sisters backstory. Honestly I hope we get an episode dedicated to each of their stories because what I've seen of Shinra and Sister has me wanting more and excited for the next episode.
Jul 11, 2019 11:42 PM

Mar 2010
Best First episode of this season so far, OST was nice, a few clichê things for the MC but thats cool, really liked it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2019 4:43 AM

Oct 2018
I find this show pretty boring, hope it gets better
Jul 12, 2019 8:18 PM

Jun 2016
This episode had really weird directing. Everything about it seemed to be... lagging, in a sense. Shots lasted like a second longer than they should have while others went by too fast, all the scene transitions were abrupt (especially with the flashbacks, which popped in and out at random), and the characters seemed to be constantly pausing in their dialogue. It was like a slideshow without timing, feeling too rushed at times and slow at others.

The visuals, on the other hand, were good. A lot of detail was put into the art and the animation was similarly detailed while still being fluid. Also, the composition of some parts (mainly the flashback scenes) was interesting--particularly the scene where they showed Shinra's grandmother refusing to take him in. The ethereal soundtrack and the almost surreal detailing in black and red reminded me of Yume Nikki.

As for the story... it was fine, I guess? I don't have much to say about it. Shinra's motivations are pretty cliche, but it's a shounen; I shouldn't expect much.
The concept of the Infernals is cool.

I'll give this a few more episodes; maybe the directing was a one-time thing. If it continues, though, I'll probably drop it. This episode was a slog to get through.

EDIT: I almost forgot to say--I loved the ending. The art style was pleasing and the music was nice. I hope what's shown (the Sister's backstory) is expanded upon.
gotterdammerungJul 12, 2019 8:22 PM
Jul 13, 2019 1:32 AM
Jan 2019
I don't like how they made Shinra's teeth so sharp, it just looks so weird in bad sorta way. I did not read the manga before seeing ep 1, for what it's worth.
Jul 13, 2019 4:06 AM

Jun 2015
So they are firemen exorcising flaming demons? Cool I like it!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 13, 2019 5:32 AM

Jan 2013
Well, the art is certainly better than the manga (despite the over-used CGI), but the story it's still full of clichés (the reason that I never really liked the manga to begin with), but still it's surely watchable, and those who don't care if a shounen is generic or not, they will probably enjoy it!
Jul 13, 2019 10:53 PM

Aug 2018
First episode was shit
Jul 14, 2019 5:48 AM
Jul 2018
Just saw the first episode. It looks beautiful. Shinra's blast at the train station made me go WHOA!

The production is slick, but the writing is nothing special. The Infernals are basically Titans - humans turned into monsters who can only be killed by a strategic strike; the Fire Force are the Scouts - kill and research infernals; Shinra is a cross between Eren and Midoriya (Midoriya's dream of wanting to be a hero makes sense in a world where pro-heroes exist. Weird that Shinra keeps harping on bout being a hero in this world).

I was annoyed by the flashback info-dumps. They made Shinra uninteresting. Would have liked it better if we found out his backstory in bite-sized in later episodes.

Will watch another few episodes. Despite the visual feast, unless the story surprises me, I'm gonna drop it.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

119 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

243 by Twilight_In_Hell »»
Apr 21, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

176 by ArthurKFC »»
Apr 16, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

199 by beamtoes »»
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2019

108 by capybara_helo »»
Mar 10, 11:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.