Forum Settings
Forums

Shocking new photos show hundreds of migrants crammed into border facilities.

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 6, 2019 2:16 PM

Mar 2011
SpamuraiSensei said:
Silverstorm said:
Sounds to me like you didn't read the posts in the thread--so not retreading the same water. All departments move slowly until they want to. Check out the wrong site, you'd find out before anyone here how fast one moves when they want you.

Sounds to me you just believe whatever fits your personal narrative.
Maybe so, but if my narrative aligns to rules set by others, somehow its more realistic than just ideas based on my emotions which your narrative seems like
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Jul 6, 2019 8:42 PM

Mar 2019
Silverstorm said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Chicago's crime rate is higher than average but has been seriously exaggerated. None of the crime in the US is even remotely on the level of Mexico's.

The Mexican drug cartels operate with enormous impunity. They've committed numerous massacres against Mexican civilians involving dozens and even hundreds of victims. They've burned school buses full of children to get to their rivals. They hang dead bodies from public bridges and threaten politicians. In the city of Reynosa. A city with 700,000 people and a substantial police force. The cartels actually killed half of the entire local police force in a matter of 3 years prompting the federal police to replace them entirely. That's thousands of cops dead in one city in a matter of a few years.

So what was that about Chicago's street gangs?
Why are you arguing points for people to not seek asylum in Mexico? The way you make cartels sound, I'd rather not live in Mexico or the US--maybe they should just process for Canada..

I know why they are seeking asylum. I'm not denying that. We just can't handle all these people as an infrastructural matter. I also maintain that the only way to stop the Mexican drug cartels is for the United States to legalize all drugs so that they can't profit off of them anymore. If we actually made some proactive attempts to get rid of the iron fist that drug cartels have over Mexico, then Mexicans wouldn't be streaming over here by the millions.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2019 9:58 AM
Jul 2019
Well trump is president so these things are to be expected.
USA the land of migrants well not anymore now it's more like the land of fascist and white supremacist.
Jul 8, 2019 6:30 PM

Jun 2008
Ryuk9428 said:
ACasualViewer said:
When you consider what an absolute shithole the US is, why do people continue to run there to immigrate. Do they like being oppressed?

Clearly, they don't think the US is a shithole. Would you rather live in horrible squalor, under constant fear of drug cartels extorting money from you and threatening to kill you and your family if you do not comply or would you rather live in the US where one political party is offering you free healthcare, free education, and largely free from the kind of criminal organizations that control certain parts of their home countries.

Which is that political party I wonder....Jesus Christ, this is ridiculous!

Let me once again tell everyone how the U.S works...

It is impossible for illegals to receive government benefits!!!

There is NO party offering anything “free” especially for illegals...Hell, we CITIZENS don’t get anything either!!

How the fuck are illegals getting benefits when Americans don’t get shit!!?

What world are you people living in?

There’s no such thing as “free”...especially if you’re illegal.
Jul 8, 2019 6:46 PM

Mar 2019
--ALEX-- said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Clearly, they don't think the US is a shithole. Would you rather live in horrible squalor, under constant fear of drug cartels extorting money from you and threatening to kill you and your family if you do not comply or would you rather live in the US where one political party is offering you free healthcare, free education, and largely free from the kind of criminal organizations that control certain parts of their home countries.

There is NO party offering anything “free” especially for illegals...Hell, we CITIZENS don’t get anything either!!

I live in a world where people watch the news before accusing someone of making an outrageous claim.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/06/27/all_dem_candidates_raise_hand_when_asked_if_illegal_immigrants_should_get_health_care_coverage_at_debate.html
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2019 8:21 AM

Aug 2009
--ALEX-- said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Illegals can get WIC. Illegals can get welfare by proxy of any kids they have while here in the US. Illegals can also get foodstamps and welfare if the state workers are not checking and in New York they are not checking for legal status. I don't know if you paid any attention to the democrat primary debates or even watched news clips of the debates but all of them believe illegals should get free healthcare coverage. Some states also offer benefits for illegals So to say illegals aren't getting any welfare and other tax payer aid or that no party is offering free shit to illegals is a lie.

https://immigrationforum.org/article/fact-sheet-immigrants-and-public-benefits/
Are immigrants eligible for state benefit programs?

In some states, yes. Twenty-six states make immigrants eligible for state-funded benefit programs. Most of these states either offer assistance to families or provide access to healthcare to otherwise uninsured immigrants. Examples of these programs are New York’s Safety Net Assistance, California’s CalFresh Food Assistance Program, and California’s Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI).

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/03/immigrants-nutrition-food-trump-crackdown-806292
Local health providers say they’ve received panicked phone calls from both documented and undocumented immigrant families demanding to be dropped from the rolls of WIC,

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/articles/james-l-seward/what-benefits-can-illegal-aliens-receive
A fair interpretation of the federal statute and state regulation must result in the conclusion that illegal aliens should not receive any form of state public assistance. However, illegal aliens do, in fact, receive state public benefits. That's because the burden of determining lawful status in the U.S. is on the shoulders of county social services employees who have neither the legal jurisdiction nor the practical ability to determine one's immigration status. Only an immigration official or federal worker whom the Secretary of Homeland Security has authorized may determine the immigration status of a person in the country.

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/articles/james-l-seward/what-benefits-can-illegal-aliens-receive
Jul 11, 2019 7:25 PM

Nov 2016
What's funny about this thread, is months ago the Dem's refused Trumps border control funding. A lot of that would have went to humanitarian aid.

Selective memory is quite something eh?
Jul 15, 2019 7:18 PM
Jul 2019
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2019/07/15/dhs-and-doj-issue-third-country-asylum-rule

Barr just invoked §1158(a)(2)(a) a multilateral treaty that declares Mexico a safe third country, so now all asylum seekers will be sent legally to Mexico for their hearing. They won't be kept in America anymore, so our detention centers will get exactly what you want: They'll have much, much fewer people in them, since they'll be going to Mexico and be in their detention centers.
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/migrants-describe-squalid-mexican-detention-centres

The real kicker? No court has jurisdiction to review any determination by the AG under (a)(2), so there can't be any of that, "Random Literally-Who Judge in Hawaii issues nation-wide junction".
modozeho1Jul 15, 2019 7:50 PM
Jul 15, 2019 8:42 PM

Mar 2018
Like for reals who cares? They’re just people, there’s like 7 billion of them
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
Jul 15, 2019 9:23 PM

Nov 2009
if they dont want to be in a crowded facility, they need to stay home.

The country they're coming from needs to take care of their citizens, such as ours should before taking in hundreds of thousands of illegals.

The thing is, they come here because they want a free ride.
毎日, 日本語を勉強する
Jul 15, 2019 11:07 PM

May 2013
ChesCayk said:
if they dont want to be in a crowded facility, they need to stay home.

The country they're coming from needs to take care of their citizens, such as ours should before taking in hundreds of thousands of illegals.

The thing is, they come here because they want a free ride.

Mexico is basically using the USA as a release valve so that it doesn't have to pay for services for its poorest citizens.

It's a shame that these poor people have been caught in the crossfire.
Jul 16, 2019 12:19 AM

Feb 2015
Tapertrain said:
My point was that America does not exist in its own bubble and that during this crisis it shouldn't close it boarders.

What's the point in even detaining them at all?

I should also ask if you are okay with the separation of children from their parents.

It's a made-up crisis. Mexico isn't a country at war, and these people are ignoring a perfectly fine and safe country just to get to the US. I can't find sympathy for people who are well aware of the situation and yet choose to bring their children along and bring this upon them. If you need to blame anyone, blame the parents.

These people don't flee from war or starvation, otherwise they would've found suitable locations long before reaching the US border. They only risk their lives and that of their children to receive their welfare checks in a country they contributed nothing to, nor have plans of contributing to. The US owes these people nothing.
Jul 16, 2019 12:34 AM

Apr 2012
Concentration camp apologists don't deserve the luck of being born in a wealthy country.
Jul 16, 2019 2:27 AM

Jul 2016
Milennin said:
Tapertrain said:
My point was that America does not exist in its own bubble and that during this crisis it shouldn't close it boarders.

I should also ask if you are okay with the separation of children from their parents.

It's a made-up crisis. Mexico isn't a country at war, and these people are ignoring a perfectly fine and safe country just to get to the US. I can't find sympathy for people who are well aware of the situation and yet choose to bring their children along and bring this upon them. If you need to blame anyone, blame the parents.

These people don't flee from war or starvation, otherwise they would've found suitable locations long before reaching the US border. They only risk their lives and that of their children to receive their welfare checks in a country they contributed nothing to, nor have plans of contributing to. The US owes these people nothing.
Milennin said:
Tapertrain said:

They aren't coming from Mexico they are coming from central America.
Jul 16, 2019 2:38 AM

Jun 2019
Sucks to be them I guess.
Jul 16, 2019 5:19 AM

Feb 2015
Tapertrain said:

Exactly my point.
Jul 16, 2019 5:22 AM

Jul 2016
Milennin said:
Tapertrain said:

Exactly my point.

Okay but why lock these people up?

Why is what they’re doing illegal.

TapertrainJul 16, 2019 5:27 AM
Jul 16, 2019 8:58 AM

Nov 2009
Tapertrain said:
Milennin said:

Exactly my point.

It's illegal to invade a country and it should stay that way. You cant just cross a border into whatever country you want. There are rules to crossing over, if you want to be let in, you have to abide by them.
毎日, 日本語を勉強する
Jul 16, 2019 11:26 AM

Jul 2016
ChesCayk said:
Tapertrain said:

It's illegal to invade a country and it should stay that way. You cant just cross a border into whatever country you want. There are rules to crossing over, if you want to be let in, you have to abide by them.

I asked why is it illegal. You responded because it’s illegal. I’m going to assume that you just hate brown people. Unless you explain yourself.
Jul 16, 2019 11:41 AM

Jul 2016
RainbowRockz said:

Do you also say this to people who get raped?

Would you say this about the holocaust?
Jul 16, 2019 11:58 AM

May 2013
Actually it seems more people were being deported under Obama then under Trump but the problem now is migrant families still coming in. Helping these people get into America just isn't on Trump's agenda.

Are they coming in illegally? Yes and any U.S. president would be stopping them. It just seems that Trump's approach only adds fuel to the fire. There are humanitarian approaches and there's no way to dismiss that this is a humanitarian crisis.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jul 16, 2019 2:54 PM

Nov 2009
Tapertrain said:
ChesCayk said:

I asked why is it illegal. You responded because it’s illegal. I’m going to assume that you just hate brown people. Unless you explain yourself.

I just said you cant invade a country. Jumping the border is INVADING.

you're totally not a racist for saying that and yes, I look at myself in the mirror and say "I hate myself for the color of my skin". /sarcasm in case you cant tell.

Its not a race issue, its an illegal immigrant issue. NO ONE has any problems with people coming into countries legally.
毎日, 日本語を勉強する
Jul 16, 2019 3:32 PM

Jul 2016
ChesCayk said:
Tapertrain said:

you're totally not a racist for saying that and yes, I look at myself in the mirror and say "I hate myself for the color of my skin". /sarcasm in case you cant tell.

Its not a race issue, its an illegal immigrant issue. NO ONE has any problems with people coming into countries legally.

Research shows that undocumented workers don’t really hurt the United States. They commit less crime then citizens. In many ways they contribute to the economy. Calling this invasion is just xenophobic fear mongering.

Don’t think that you can getaway with hating brown people just because you have dark skin. I don’t appreciate you’re idiotic sarcasm.

All I’ve if seen from you Trump people is emotional nonsense.

Jul 16, 2019 3:58 PM

Apr 2012
ChesCayk said:

No, sending an army over a border to kill anyone who resists is invading.

Something the US does to other countries from time to time.
Jul 16, 2019 4:06 PM

Nov 2009
Tapertrain said:
ChesCayk said:

Research shows that undocumented workers don’t really hurt the United States. They commit less crime then citizens. In many ways they contribute to the economy. Calling this invasion is just xenophobic fear mongering.

Don’t think that you can getaway with hating brown people just because you have dark skin. I don’t appreciate you’re idiotic sarcasm.

If illegal immigration becomes lawful, crime rate will increase. Look at Europe. Your argument is invalid.

I dont know how to get you to understand, its not a race issue, its not about hating hispanics or latinos, its about protecting our country from gangs, human traffickers ect. Would you allow random people you dont know into your home? I highly doubt it.

And stop with your use of "brown people" that sounds racist as hell.
毎日, 日本語を勉強する
Jul 16, 2019 4:08 PM

Nov 2009
logopolis said:
ChesCayk said:

No, sending an army over a border to kill anyone who resists is invading.

Something the US does to other countries from time to time.

Did you not see the tens or thousands of people were dangerous? I also did think that the use of firearms was a bit much but the use of military was necessary. Thats just my opinion.

I know, I dont condone that either.
毎日, 日本語を勉強する
Jul 16, 2019 4:26 PM

Jul 2016
ChesCayk said:
Tapertrain said:

If illegal immigration becomes lawful, crime rate will increase. Look at Europe. Your argument is invalid.

I dont know how to get you to understand, its not a race issue, its not about hating hispanics or latinos, its about protecting our country from gangs, human traffickers ect. Would you allow random people you dont know into your home? I highly doubt it.

Actually the academic research shows the best way to stop human trafficking would be to stop deporting people. The slaves can’t go to the police because they’re afraid they’ll be deported. You could get rid of gangs by legalizing drugs.

.I keep using the phrase brown people to highlight your racism.
Jul 16, 2019 4:38 PM

Nov 2009
Tapertrain said:
ChesCayk said:

Actually the academic research shows the best way to stop human trafficking would be to stop deporting people. The slaves can’t go to the police because they’re afraid they’ll be deported. You could get rid of gangs by legalizing drugs.

.I keep using the phrase brown people to highlight your racism.

you're the only racist here.

So what? Just let anyone come through then? The countries those people (the human traffickers and gangs) come from, their government should do something about them. It shouldnt be the US's problems but they make it our problem. And their governments should be taking care of their own people. But all illegals just want a free ride. The legal immigrants actually have the patience and respect to come here legally. And they work the hardest to make a better life for themselves and their families.

All illegals do is worsen our economy, bring down our wages and steal our jobs. They arent coming here illegally because they're running from starvation or some horrible action against them, they're coming for economical reasons and that isnt a valid reason.

Anyway, it seems you'll continue to believe its a race issue even though that isnt true, at all. We have the right to protect our country from whomever wants to invade us.

The funny thing is, back when I was a brainwashed sheep of the left, I would believe in the same things as you. I was sympathetic to illegals, I wanted them here, but now I see the truth. Illegals only harm us and dont actually care nor respect us or our laws.
毎日, 日本語を勉強する
Jul 16, 2019 5:29 PM

Mar 2019
well, i am not leftie or whatever equivalent to it but

why isn't the occupation on Iraq back then in 2003 considered illegaly crossing another country's border?

what is the excuse?

there is no weapon of mass destruction. UN did not give permission. Saddam did not support Al-Qaeda.

yeah sure, its annoying when those parasites come to your country illegaly especially when they demand for jobs or wealth. but coming to another country by dropping bombs based on false accusation is way worse right?

any explanation?

You Can Not Build The World With Beauty!
You Need Brain And Muscle!

Oh, Seriously?

Then You Can Not Destroy The World With Beauty!
Instead, You Need Brain And Muscle To Do So!
Only People With The Most Superior Brains And Muscles
Can Be The Best At Destroying This World!
But Who Has More Superior Brain And Muscle Anyway?
Me Or Her?

Jul 16, 2019 5:51 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
OP is from a couple of weeks ago, but even back then this hyperbolic narrative about the border "concentration camps" (a comparison that no sane human being would make) was shown to be misleading at best and complete fabrication at worst. I can imagine that many homeless people would die for the all the free stuff this illegals get at border facilities (the ones we don't see in CNN "exposes"), but f*ck them, right? The crime is to detain someone who attempted to break the laws of your country.

To echo the sentiment of Trump's recent Twitter rampage, "if the don't like it here, they can leave". As I've hear, these people are running away from violence and tyranny; if they prefer that instead of spending any time at all "in a cage", then the door out of the USA is open. Goodness knows, border facilities are over crowded already. I'm reminded of the woman travelling with one of the migrant caravans, who was given food for free and complained about it.

Jul 16, 2019 6:03 PM

Mar 2016
You know what good for border patrol I feel no sympathy for those criminals. They chose to break the rules they got what they deserve. I've been to Mexico I swear and honestly it's not bad.
Jul 16, 2019 11:00 PM

Mar 2011
You leave a thread and the wing-nuts pop out to spout nothing but mistruths for all to read--tsk tsk..

HarryRambod22 said:
You know what good for border patrol I feel no sympathy for those criminals. They chose to break the rules they got what they deserve. I've been to Mexico I swear and honestly it's not bad.
Tell that to victims from Cartel fueds or quasi-Corrupt Localities. Bet the tourist town was totes

BatoKusanagi said:
Wow, thought this stupidity stayed under rocks. They're detained as you explained throughout your post, yet you contradict yourself with a "they can leave" statement--you undercut yourself before anyone has time to pick apart the misinformation part of your post.

ChesCayk said:
Are you secretly a meme from 2006' with the "they steal our jobs"? Seriously, what state do you live in that a refugee migrant (and not a economic one) is stealing a job you want? Milking dairy cows, picking fruit or shoveling shit are high on the demand list in the US..

Gan_water said:
Yes Obama had better numbers, but also Trump made his mess with the implementation of separation and administrative decisions that undermined the immigration courts etc creating--his own crisis (still, you're right the numbers coming wasn't going down currently; longterm still under historical norm)

ezikialrage said:
--ALEX-- said:

Illegals can get WIC. Illegals can get welfare by proxy of any kids they have while here in the US. Illegals can also get foodstamps and welfare if the state workers are not checking and in New York they are not checking for legal status. I don't know if you paid any attention to the democrat primary debates or even watched news clips of the debates but all of them believe illegals should get free healthcare coverage. Some states also offer benefits for illegals So to say illegals aren't getting any welfare and other tax payer aid or that no party is offering free shit to illegals is a lie.
So you're mad that the government wants to ensure US citizens (the children of those immigrants) get a minimum standard of nutrition, and provide immunization to all children in America (unless medically excluded) to further protect citizens--twisted logic my man. And you lied to ALEX in the process by mixing the context of such benefits; for shame.

SpamuraiSensei said:
What's funny about this thread, is months ago the Dem's refused Trumps border control funding. A lot of that would have went to humanitarian aid.

Selective memory is quite something eh?
Yeah, cause a wall to temporarily awe migrants is just as useful as hugging a stuffed-bear in a house invasion. Funny.
Jul 17, 2019 12:00 AM

Jun 2019
Tapertrain said:
RainbowRockz said:

If you want to spend your time virtue signaling how much you care about people you never met that's your business just don't drug me into it.
Jul 17, 2019 12:02 AM

Jul 2016
RainbowRockz said:
Tapertrain said:

If you want to spend your time virtue signaling how much you care about people you never met that's your business just don't drug me into it.

Please don't vote if you're going to be so glib about human suffering.

Also get the fuck off political forums if you don't want to debate.
TapertrainJul 17, 2019 12:06 AM
Jul 17, 2019 12:09 AM
Jul 2019
I love that manifesto dat Anarkidde wrote before he was killed FIREBOMBING A BRICK WALL, perfect stereotype.

- Moralist
- hippie bs
- utopianism
- communism is the same thing as fascism
- trannies
- muh planet

and last but not least, MUH BRAVE KURDS I SAW ON CALL OF DUTY
modozeho1Jul 17, 2019 12:19 AM
Jul 17, 2019 12:18 AM

May 2013
Silverstorm said:
Yes Obama had better numbers, but also Trump made his mess with the implementation of separation and administrative decisions that undermined the immigration courts etc creating--his own crisis (still, you're right the numbers coming wasn't going down currently; longterm still under historical norm)

there's so much firestorm surrounding Trump but all he's really managed to do is retard the natural progression of the federal government lol.

I'm not sure he's hurt anything more than people's feelings.

RainbowRockz said:

Obviously you don't shed a single tear when you contemplate humantarian issues but some of us still do xD
I CELEBRATE myself,
Jul 17, 2019 12:41 AM

Jun 2019
Tapertrain said:
RainbowRockz said:

Please don't vote if you're going to be so glib about human suffering.

Also get the fuck off political forums if you don't want to debate.

Your not a boss of me you don't get to tell me what I can and can't do.
Also it sounds like you have some deeply rooted anger issues, I know that sexual frustration can do that sometimes for example, so deal with those before you engage in highly intellectual™ "DEBATE" with someone over things that non of us have any control over on the anime forum site lol.
Jul 17, 2019 12:45 AM

Jun 2019
Gan_water said:
Silverstorm said:

there's so much firestorm surrounding Trump but all he's really managed to do is retard the natural progression of the federal government lol.

RainbowRockz said:

Obviously you don't shed a single tear when you contemplate humantarian issues but some of us still do xD

I'm sure all your kind words and tears are helping migrants and starving children in Africa so don't mind me just keep at it make a world a better place.
Jul 17, 2019 12:49 AM

Apr 2012
RainbowRockz said:

I can barely imagine how screwed up your mind has to be to get to the point where you don't even believe in basic human decency.
Jul 17, 2019 12:50 AM

May 2013
RainbowRockz said:
Gan_water said:

I'm sure all your kind words and tears are helping migrants and starving children in Africa so don't mind me just keep at it make a world a better place.

You underestimate the power of the mind, and even of our words here online. It only takes one person to make a change.

'Be the change you wish to see in the world'- Mahatma Gandhi
I CELEBRATE myself,
Jul 17, 2019 12:53 AM

Jun 2019
logopolis said:
RainbowRockz said:

I can barely imagine how screwed up your mind has to be to get to the point where you don't even believe in basic human decency.

You know if you care about them so much maybe let some of the migrants live at your home or donate to charity instead of all of this virtue signalling. Actions speak louder then words.
Jul 17, 2019 1:05 AM

Apr 2012
RainbowRockz said:
You know if you care about them so much maybe let some of the migrants live at your home or donate to charity instead of all of this virtue signalling. Actions speak louder then words.

I donate plenty to charity, although I choose the cause where it can do the most good, which is fighting parasitic worm diseases in Africa. (Fighting malaria would also be a good choice.) And I'm quite confused how you think someone in America could possibly live in a home in Europe. Have you heard of this thing called the Atlantic Ocean? In any case, neither of those actions will help free people from concentration camps.

Enough words from enough people just might free them.

You, on the other hand, are using your words to try to keep people in concentration camps. Which makes you an accessory to genocide. What you are doing is evil.
Jul 17, 2019 2:05 AM
Jul 2019
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/07/this-country-is-worse-than-cuba-the-trump-eras-cruel-reality-for-cuban-asylum-seekers/
Midalis Rodriguez said something I hadn’t expected to hear in America’s most overwhelmingly Cuban city: “This country is worse than Cuba.”

This is comedy gold.

modozeho1Jul 17, 2019 2:18 AM
Jul 17, 2019 3:18 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Silverstorm said:
Wow, thought this stupidity stayed under rocks. They're detained as you explained throughout your post, yet you contradict yourself with a "they can leave" statement--you undercut yourself before anyone has time to pick apart the misinformation part of your post.

Well, I'd certainly be interested in you or anyone else here picking apart the "misinformation" in my post. You can start with elaborating on what exactly is contradictory about being (temporarily) detained but allowed to self-deport (that's leaving, in case that wasn't clear).

Jul 17, 2019 5:13 AM

Apr 2012
BatoKusanagi said:
Well, I'd certainly be interested in you or anyone else here picking apart the "misinformation" in my post.

Very well.

BatoKusanagi said:
OP is from a couple of weeks ago, but even back then this hyperbolic narrative about the border "concentration camps" (a comparison that no sane human being would make)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/concentration%20camp - "a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard"

It's not a 'comparison'. It's just what the term means.

I can imagine that many homeless people would die for the all the free stuff this illegals get at border facilities

"Free stuff"? Are you insane? If a homeless person wanted to be imprisoned, they could just commit some crimes then admit to it. These people are being imprisoned. Imprisonment is used as the most harsh punishment the state can impose in civilized countries. It's for hardened criminals only. If you imprison someone, then you feed them to avoid committing the crime of starving them to death, not because you want to give them "free stuff".

(And what's the point of 'dying' to get food? The dead do not eat.)

The crime is to detain someone who attempted to break the laws of your country.

No it isn't. Even the proto-fascist regime which you are propping up has not gone so far as to make seeking refuge illegal. Many of the people who are being imprisoned in concentration camps are law-abiding refugees, being tortured just to make a bunch of racists feel good.
Jul 17, 2019 5:59 AM

Jan 2019

I have no problem with calling these places concentration camps, it's just a buzzword to instill outrage from those who are easily emotionally swayed. Concentration Camp = Nazi! afterall.

There isn't an conspiracy behind poor conditions in these camps, the facts of the matter is that the government facilities were not made to accommodate this many people at the same time, attempts for additional funding for these facilities were denied, and the government cannot just let these people into the US since there is no background information on them readily available. It is simply really bad for national security to let thousands of people you know nothing about into the country so they are being held until they are either 1. approved for asylum or 2. sent back to their country.

Refugee camps have always sucked, these people knew what they were getting into and apparently believe getting into the US was worth the gamble.
Jul 17, 2019 6:13 AM

Oct 2014
The big difference is that the ones detained in the US are international trespassers i.e. criminals however "light" that crime might appear as, while the nazis grabbed full-on law-abiding citizen off the street and arrested them just for their bloodlines and even executed them via gas chambers.

It's trivilizing the nazis to equate these two with each other.
Jul 17, 2019 8:25 AM

Apr 2012
Grey-Zone said:
The big difference is that the ones detained in the US are international trespassers i.e. criminals however "light" that crime might appear as, while the nazis grabbed full-on law-abiding citizen off the street and arrested them just for their bloodlines and even executed them via gas chambers.

Seeking refugee status is not a crime. This 'international trespassers' label is one you're inventing, there is no such concept.

The Nazis didn't start with gas chambers, those only came in after a long time. Human rights abuses ramp up gradually, we don't yet know what the ultimate atrocities of the American fascism you're enabling are going to be.

Although nobody is actually equating the two. Concentration camps were invented decades before the Nazi party came into existence.
Jul 17, 2019 8:37 AM

Mar 2011
BatoKusanagi said:
Silverstorm said:

Well, I'd certainly be interested in you or anyone else here picking apart the "misinformation" in my post. You can start with elaborating on what exactly is contradictory about being (temporarily) detained but allowed to self-deport (that's leaving, in case that wasn't clear).

Once detained they're not allowed to leave even for self-deportation. Plus asylum seekers (whether real or imagined) usually don't expect their options to be wait here or go back to danger. I suppose if a cop detained one, your logic is self-release and go home--

DiscoDespot said:
Refugee camps have always sucked, these people knew what they were getting into and apparently believe getting into the US was worth the gamble.
I guess that is take away, though packages for immigration have been released twice I believe since January (aid for wall building is at dispute, not for detainment so funding has been sent).

At heart I don't care all that much on "their" feelings of confinement. But there are standards that the departments hold themselves too that aren't being met; standards the US government is supposed to uphold in general (not due to detainee status) not being met--and yet the products are paid for and will continue to pay for w/o any assurance for private-run detainment nor public ones the issues are being resolved. If you paid the facility, not for their humanitarian resources (luxuries like soap and nutrition), but for the place to adjusted and the supervisor said "did it"--that is a waste of money, time and more words to describe how it compounds the issue more. Yes, improved conditions doesn't mean detainees get more value from the US; just means they get the basic standard that was paid for.
SilverstormJul 17, 2019 8:54 AM
Jul 17, 2019 12:38 PM

Oct 2014
logopolis said:
Grey-Zone said:

Seeking refugee status is not a crime. This 'international trespassers' label is one you're inventing, there is no such concept.

The Nazis didn't start with gas chambers, those only came in after a long time. Human rights abuses ramp up gradually, we don't yet know what the ultimate atrocities of the American fascism you're enabling are going to be.

Although nobody is actually equating the two. Concentration camps were invented decades before the Nazi party came into existence.

You got to be kidding me. "nobody is actually equating the two"? Do you ACTUALLY believe that?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.