Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 29, 2019 3:13 AM

Oct 2015
Honey & Clover:

Romeo no Aoi Sora: There's not enough time spared for mundane everyday things among Black Brothers to feel closure to the members at the end of the show. The show only gives them screen time when a major plot point happens which results in them not being very fleshed out.

Made in Abyss: It could've focused more on people of Orth and their different set of values, how are children in the orphanage brought up so that they adopt this Abyss-centric philosophy. That they think their life is just a contribution to unveiling the truth of the Abyss and practically meaningless in the grand scheme of things. That's some serious indoctrination right there. You can feel there's an interesting subtext going on but it's not emphasized.
Jun 29, 2019 3:14 AM

Jun 2011
Hikaru no Go - ended too soon.. no really, the series was cut because of a controversy surrounding the match up in one of the last arcs regarding another country.. :l

One Piece - aside from the pacing and the animation, there's way too little downtime now, there's a lot of things happening but I really do miss the pre time skip messing around vibe.. I just came across a video of Zoro and Sanji washing dishes together, and it's been looped to 2 hours lol that's the kind of fun time I want with One Piece after each big arcs. I want more island exploration like how we get around Alabasta, Skypeia, Water7 when the strawhats landed on an island. The closest we've gotten were Zou and Fishman Island and even then it got serious real quick! Remember Luffy crashing a restaurant in Alabasta where he met Ace for the first time (real time) in the series?

Nodame Cantabile - the fact that the sequels are not as amazing as the first season! It's still amazing but not masterpiece level which should still count against it I guess considering the first season is no doubt a 10/10

Mushishi - it's flawless XD Not my favorite of all time because of lack of flare but having some flares would actually work against the type of series it is. I disagree with OP in saying that there's a need for another character that's well developed beside Ginko, because that has never been the point, and it shouldn't. Natsume Yuujincho is the series that has the need to develop the side characters, not Mushishi. If I have to name a flaw though then I suppose some episodes are not that great.. but considering it's episodic, some episodes would tend to be better than others anyway.

Ookiku Furikabutte - as much as I find the cute moments endearing, it can get kind of gayish sometimes considering the mangaka is a female and there have been tons of (fake alarm) gay vibe with this series, like Abe confessing while holding Mihashi's hand lol

Clannad After Story - the art.. it was alright for its time though. Also the typical Japanese (anime) mannerism of getting real shy even after they've mated many times, like dude, seriously, you've seen each other naked probably a lot of times and you still get shy around each other

Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 29, 2019 3:18 AM

Mar 2015
JoJo - Fugo not getting on the fucking boat FUCK
Jun 29, 2019 3:23 AM

Apr 2017
If Fairy Tail could really change up their fighting pattern and power ups. Friendship speech + natsu eating something for a power up all the time ain't great story telling. Still got a great amount of enjoyment though!
Jun 29, 2019 3:25 AM
May 2014
Gurren Lagann: Probably the hot springs episode. In a series that otherwise is very inspiring and awesome, we get a "haha boy are perverts" moment.

Well also episode 4. We don't talk about episode 4.
Jun 29, 2019 3:26 AM

Oct 2017
Steins Gate: Faris is annoying. Date with Ruka is kinda fanservice and feels out of place.
End of Evangelion: Shinjis screaming is cringe sometimes.
Berserk: Adon was just annoying as fuck and wasnt funny at all.
Jun 29, 2019 3:28 AM

Aug 2018
Attack on Titan - Basically flawless imo.

Steins;Gate - Same as above.

There is nothing I don't like about these two anime.
I use Arch, btw.
Jun 29, 2019 3:31 AM

Jun 2011
Gorochu said:

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic,Ghost Hunt, Juuni Kokuki: No complete adaptations
man if there are arcs as good as Bloodstained Labyrinth and the Doll House, then it's a crime to not animate more! Ghost Hunt, in particular those 2 arcs are the only anime horror I consider to be legit.

TheKawaiiToon said:

Code Geass: Basically, people like Nina Einstein and the Emperor. Also, I'm not sure if Akito the Exiled counts because that movie series was an absolute shithole. I also haven't seen the new movie yet so no thoughts on that.
What about Suzaku? I remember watching the series thinking he's such a hypocrite..

Spyros_Kran said:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: honestly, I feel like this is the more balanced and complete shonen out there, but many seem to not like its comedic relief and the ending.
The comedy I think is just not that funny in FMAB. The series is also trying to portray a rather realistic tone so having out of place comedy would ruin the vibe. I also think that the series was cut way too short because we never got a chance to visit the Chinese dude's country which is a huge mis-opportunity imo.

Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 29, 2019 4:28 AM

May 2018
ToG25thBaam said:
Gorochu said:

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic,Ghost Hunt, Juuni Kokuki: No complete adaptations
man if there are arcs as good as Bloodstained Labyrinth and the Doll House, then it's a crime to not animate more! Ghost Hunt, in particular those 2 arcs are the only anime horror I consider to be legit.

Yeah, with horror movies like Ring and Ju-On coming from Japan, you would have thought anime will have good horror but no, only Ghost Hunt(especially those 2 arcs you mention) is like the only legitimate horror anime.
Jun 29, 2019 6:20 AM

Jun 2019
Gorochu said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Yeah, with horror movies like Ring and Ju-On coming from Japan, you would have thought anime will have good horror but no, only Ghost Hunt(especially those 2 arcs you mention) is like the only legitimate horror anime.

Watch Petshop of Horrors. It's a four episode-long OVA series and it's splendid. If you're into more modern horror tropes and filmmaking techiques of jumpscares then it won't be for you, but if you love a suffocating eerie atmosphere and dark mythology then you might love it despite its flaws (basically just its older rougher animation as it has more of an 80s aesthetic despite the fact it's from 1999, and that it's only four episodes). Just be warned though, it's like Mushishi in that it's extremely episodic bordering on anthology, with only two main characters as consistent through lines across the episodes.

There is some dark subject matter covered and it's very much in the style of old classic tales and morality plays about "being careful what you wished for" (say on a genie's lamp or a monkey's paw) and some of the more horrific episodes of The Twilight Zone.

Whether it's "scary" or not is something one would have to determine for themselves. I'm utterly desensitized at this point so honestly maybe one movie out of thousands genuinely scares me, but if you're open to watching horror for the mythology, plot line, and atmosphere, then it's a gem either way. There are no cheap shock scares, like I said.
Jun 29, 2019 6:26 AM

Dec 2018
High School DxD:Crappy Season 4 Artsytle
Clannad:No Kotomi in Season 2
Angel Beats:The End?rip
SAO:Season 3
NISEKOI:Chitoge wins
Initial D:Open Ending
If you rated Jujutsu Kaisen a 10/10, then your opinion is not valid.

AOT>FMAB
Jun 29, 2019 6:33 AM

Sep 2017
Gintama:-Sometimes gets unnecessarily melodramatic.

Hunter x Hunter/No game no life/Noragami:-Has the audacity to end on a cliffhanger and not get a new season.

Jun 29, 2019 7:06 AM

Sep 2014
BlancaXLobo said:
MonkeyDHunter said:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - The way it handles religion. Every believer is a freaking lunatic.
I still haven't watched LotGH, but I'm pretty sure It probably does it with more subtlety than Hellsing Ultimate.

Haven't seen Hellsing but that's a bit hard to believe lol

BlancaXLobo said:
MonkeyDHunter said:
Gintama - Takes a while to get actually good.
That's what everybody always said, but it never actually happens *runs away sobbing*.

Well, comedy is pretty subjective so I cannot really blame you for feeling like this.

BlancaXLobo said:
MonkeyDHunter said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion - The last two episodes.
Really, because i think is one of the best parts of the show.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't really dislike those, I just felt they didn't really fit to be the last episodes in the series but I'm aware of the production schedule issue.

Jun 29, 2019 7:22 AM

Jul 2016
Dororo

Banana Fish
how the ending turned out.

Inuyashiki
Artstyle

Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan
The only two characters that didnt end up unlikeable due to obnoxious flaws are Saiki himself and Kuboyasu.

Youjo Senki
Second Season is a Movie Crimes

Pop Team Epic
certain jokes that take awhile dont land as well as the ones that are 15 second sketches

Mahoutsukai no Yome
No Second Season Crimes
also, Chise doesnt keep heterochromia

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
No Second Season Crimes, Artstyle
Jun 29, 2019 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
mohrip said:

Monster - it's so boring until I hit like 30-40 episodes.

Ooo, that's good to know cause I'm on episode 25 and thought I just didn't get it or something.

Haikyuu season 3: This is more of a Haikyuu as a whole problem. Can we fucking appreciate Tanaka some more?

Mo Dao Zu Shi: Oh boy, some of those CGI monsters... For a show that looks fantastic 99.9% of the time and then the turtle thing shows up and makes your brain melt.

Mushishi: Hmm, it just kinda ends without much conclusion. At least for anything I wanted. I kinda hoped Ginko would find a cure for his affliction/illness whatever you want to call it, so he would finally be able to settle somewhere.

Eh, the rest I can't think of anything major that sticks out to me.
Jun 29, 2019 7:34 AM

Jan 2017
Dragon Ball Z:- Power Gap between main and side characters.

Naruto Shippuden:- They changed the damn fucking main villain!

Hunter x Hunter :- Gon and Killua look too young. If author did not want to change their ages, then at least he could have made their character designs such that they looked older than that of their age.
Jun 29, 2019 7:53 AM

Aug 2018
ToG25thBaam said:

Spyros_Kran said:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: honestly, I feel like this is the more balanced and complete shonen out there, but many seem to not like its comedic relief and the ending.
The comedy I think is just not that funny in FMAB. The series is also trying to portray a rather realistic tone so having out of place comedy would ruin the vibe. I also think that the series was cut way too short because we never got a chance to visit the Chinese dude's country which is a huge mis-opportunity imo.

Well, I understand that since comedic relief is highly subjective, all gags and humor genres cannot appeal to everyone equally. Personally, I'm not totally against comedic moments softening darker moments as relief, it is mostly random ecchi humor moments that I can't stand, such as in Black Bullet.

As for Xing, it would definetely be cool to get a sequel exploring this region, but it would probably be extremelly hard to prepare a setting as rich as in Amestris without making it seem as poor man's Avatar, given the country's size and variety in vassals.
Jun 29, 2019 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
Attack on Titan - The titans don't wear clothes, some people that see me watching it misunderstand so I always have to explain that they don't have sex organs and then they go on asking how are they born

Death Note - the white haired kid is the worst thing that happened in it

Neon Genesis Evangelion - the first half of the anime was so boring and the last two episodes were just....unnecessary. I understand that it was all happening in Shinji's mind and what was actually happening outside was shown in End of Evangelion but two episodes weren't necessary for it, one would've been enough.

Natsume Yuujinchou - some episodes can be very predictable and boring

Mo Dao Zu Shi - almost all the characters look same so I had a hard time remembering who is who

Black Butler(the sequels ofc) - the fanservice

Tokyo Ghoul (the first season only) - too much went on about dramatic feelings that annoyed the shit out of me
Jun 29, 2019 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
Thorf said:
Terror in Resonance - Honestly, even though it's not my favourite anime, I can't think of a single problem I had with it. Guess I'll have to move this up to top 5.

It would've been my favorite anime if it didn't get boring at the middle of the show. Sad that they ruined the potential it had but I think there wasn't really much to even show so they put random things in there. A movie would've been better so that they would only put important parts in it.
Jun 29, 2019 8:25 AM

Sep 2014
Nothing. My fav anime is perfect in every aspect
Smoke Weed Everyday
Jun 29, 2019 8:25 AM

May 2018
Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo - No Season 2.
Jun 29, 2019 8:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Koe no Katachi: Some of the Side Characters could’ve been handled better and the Romance between the two main leads feels a little unrealistic.

Eureka Seven: While a few episodes deviated from the main plot for allowing Character Developments and whatnot, they were often far too strayed and therefore perfectly fine to skip through the bits.

Shingeki no Kyojin: Flawless on first watch. But during the second and the third, aplenty of poor animated shots were visible. Slight issue with the transitions between events during the first half of the season too.

Shigatsu Kimi no Uso: A tad bit of melodrama every now and then and the Side Characters lacked enough screentime more often than not.

Re:Zero: Lacked a solid foundation on the World-building aspect and some of the Side Characters are fairly bland.

Oregairu: Story sort of feels like it lacks a sense of ‘direction’ initially.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War: Far too self-reliant on the formulaic ‘Win/Loss’ aspect.

Yuru Camp: Characters appear to solely exist for the sake of ‘camping’ and emotions such as happiness, bliss and a bit of laughter only exists.

SanGatsu no Lion 2nd Season: Nothing really substantial pops up to mind but I suppose the lack of exposure to the Character of Akari because there’s just not enough of her! (Even in the manga up to now!).

Shirobako: Far too big of a Cast.

Tsuki ga Kirei:Animation Quality was a little to the downgrading side and the Romance a little questionable at the start.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni: Total change in focus from the mid-point and the lack of understanding for the jerk Kase’s actions (pretty much ignored, for that matter).

Code Geass: R2: Far too many Characters were introduced for its own good and the Supernatural aspect, famously the Geass ability, was pretty ridiculous at times.

Steins;Gate: Questionable finale until Steins;Gate 0 aired.

Chihayafuru 2: Get on with the Romance and Stop Beating Around the Bush, will you?

With all these said, though, I love all these series immensely! Some of the negatives I mentioned weren’t entirely ‘bad’ either, mind you. I have a top 20 in fact, with shows namely Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, Sukitte ii na yo, Ore Monogatari, Plastic Memories and Kimi no Na wa included, but I’ll just leave those for later.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 29, 2019 8:35 AM

Jul 2016
Cross Game : No koshien arc eventhough Koshien is the most anticipated things in Japanese high school baseball.

HxH : Too much narration in Chimera Ant which ruin some moments.

Gintama : The worst part is that it has no worst part.

Uchuu Kyoudai : C'mon we all want to see Nanba brothers on the moon, yet they didn't show it.

Jun 29, 2019 8:58 AM
Apr 2016
Evangelion- I don't like the ending. Both the last two episodes and the movie are a little weird.

Mob Psycho- Mob's crush. It's a really boring motivator. Also there is no notable female characters in the show (for some reason I really don't like when a show has only male or female characters gotta have a good mix)

Kekkai Sensen- Klaus kind of sucks. I feel like it's just the way the show uses him but he's so boring compared to the other characters. Also kind of wish the plot moved a bit more.

Durarara- Dialogue is a bit pretentious. Almost everyone is a psychopath.

Jun 29, 2019 9:19 AM

Apr 2017
Katekyo Hitman Reborn: The MC is annoying throughout 80% of the manga and 90% of the anime.

Nanatsu no Taizai: I actually can't find any :/. And for those who say no character development, it's just not true.

Dragon Ball Z: Too. Much. Yelling!

Blood+: The main antagonist (is female) rapes a kid.
Jun 29, 2019 9:27 AM

Jan 2018
The fanbase. This would have more impact if there wasn't a character requirement.
Jun 29, 2019 9:44 AM

Jan 2014
One Piece: The pacing for the anime is not that good. It's not really Toei Animations fault since they need permission to do filler....and well One Piece does way too well to be put in a long ass filler arc.

NHK: half the time the production quality in the anime is not that great, and is way below average at some times.....but the story and characters are 10/10 so I don't mind that
much

Re:Zero: The fanbase for the show is so fucking bad and cancer.....especially RemTards

DoctorWasabiJun 29, 2019 10:06 AM
Jun 29, 2019 9:51 AM

Mar 2018
Made in Abyss: that we have to wait so long for the next season
YURI ON ICE: Same problem plus worries that they tone down and won't be brave to go full yaoi
Free!: That it is still on and now has nothing really to do with the original boys.
Piano no Mori: The animation, oh god the animation. So terrible. I wish Mad House had animated the whole thing and not just the movie.
Violet Evergarden: Where the hell is Gilbert?!
Mahoutsukai no Yome: The waiting
Akatsuki no Yona: That it never got a second season
Jun 29, 2019 10:07 AM

Nov 2008
ixaa said:
Chiibi said:

Full Moon wo Sagashite-Mitsuki's obsession over Eichi -_-

Literally never thought I would see Full Moon wo Sagashite mentioned on a MAL forum ever. I've been on this site for 4 years and this is a first.

Lol, it's my favorite thing. There are CLUBS for it on here. xD But they are somewhat inactive. :(

On topic though, I think Mitsuki's obsession with Eichi was necessary. It was a reasonable driving force to her becoming a singer and Eichi's death arc near the end of the series wouldn't have been as impactful as it was if he wasn't so important to Mitsuki.

She didn't need to say his name five times per episode. I know I'm exaggerating but HOLY F*CK WAS THAT ANNOYING lol

Jun 29, 2019 11:12 AM

Dec 2018
Shit this is one of the greatest thread of all time wth

The End of Evangelion: idk... really... prolly annoying scum deserve-death characters made me thrilled in a very wrong way, oh and the message kinda made me wanna commit isekai for a while

Shoujo Kakumei Utena: fillers, not all but a lot of them

Angel's Egg: getting called an elitist if I like this one

Hunter x Hunter: pacing got horrible sometimes, writer got sick n couldn't live much longer ;_; , and there were some incompetent events within arcs.
PreacheeJun 29, 2019 11:24 AM
. . .
Jun 29, 2019 11:14 AM
Oct 2018
one and only naruto and its fillers sadcats
Jun 29, 2019 11:21 AM

Oct 2008
Mahou Tsukai no Yome - the anime is for the most part loyal to the source material (however some of the best scenes are not skipped but fast forwarded)

Akame ga kill (the male protagonist was the weakest character)

Zetsuen no Tempest - 1st half of the anime was brilliant, but the 2nd was so ridiculous.
Jun 29, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2018
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuioku-hen

only 2 hours of this masterpiece? tough
Enjoy the ride...
Jun 29, 2019 1:14 PM

Jul 2017
Bunny Girl Senpai:
- Need more Sakuta x Mai moments.
- The misunderstanding scene (Koga falling on top of Sakuta) in Koga's arc. I was just rolling my eyes when that scene came in.
- Currently, I find older Shouko during Kaede's arc too much of a perfect waifu. I know she has flaws and her own reasons (I read spoilers of the movie) but I felt like she's way too perfect.

Kanon 2006:
Yuuichi and Ayu's relationship
needs to be developed more before
At least give it 2 episodes instead of 1. (Not a huge nitpick though.)

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei:
BENIO. Just...BENIO. She has her heartwarming moments and comedic moments (a few though) but... GOD, WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP COCKBLOCKING YOUR SISTER'S GROWING RELATIONSHIP WITH HER FIANCE?!

Gundam 00:
- Setsuna and Tieria in S1. I wanted to punch them throughout the season. (So glad they went through character development in S2)
- One of the protagonists was pushed to the background again after his plot was resolved. (Mainly in S2)

Fate/stay night 2006:
- Most of the parts around Episode 5-8.
- No matter if it's the VN or the anime: The "girls shouldn't fight" scene. I always avoided that scene ever since. (Though at least Shirou realized how stupid he was and apologized later)
- The infamous CGI dragon scene. The Realta Nua VN's portrayal of the scene was WAY BETTER.
- There are times where the animation turned me off. (Not a huge nitpick though)
- How the church scene was adapted. I thought it was fine at first but after reading the VN, I really don't like how it was adapted in the anime. (Hopefully if ufotable ever remakes the Fate route, they'll adapt the scene properly)
EDIT: Can't believe I forgot about the reveal that Saber's not a complete Servant. AKA: She's not dead yet. This is such an important scene and they didn't show it!

Golden Time:
- Banri before his amnesia AKA "Ghost Banri". He was just annoying in my opinion.
- The sudden 'mystical' part of the ending. Loved the happy ending and the series as a whole but man, what happened during that part?

Angel Beats:
Need more episodes to develop the side characters.

Toradora:
Can't think of anything since it's been a long time since I watched it but I did remember how annoyed I was regarding the student council president (I think?) and when Taiga ran away after Minori confronted her during the confession.

Kimi no Na wa:
Can't think of much but the plot was a bit confusing at times.
Mikura39Jul 22, 2019 4:37 AM

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Jun 29, 2019 1:40 PM

May 2018
Clannad: After Story: I realized this after a few people pointed this out, but it's the cop out at the end.
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi: Chihiro points out the obvious a few times (At least in the dub).
Chi's Sweet Home: The fact that Chi never grows up. I know this is fiction, but it would've been nice and interesting to at least see her grow up, especially considering how long it takes for an actual kitten to grow into an adult cat.
Death Parade: Can't think of one.
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou: Yuuri gets annoying in the ninth episode, where she continuously asked if she could eat the fish.
Gintama: After watching Gintama°, I came to realize that some of the jokes here tend to drag on for too long. Also, the fact that the anime insists on making new seasons, despite the risk of very quickly catching up to the manga (Though since the manga's now over, that won't be an issue anymore).
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0: Again, can't think of one.
Inferno Cop: Once more, can't think of one.
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis: It was stated at one point that the main girl, Amira, physically grew up way faster than her mental development, meaning that she's mentally five. So I found her kissing Favaro at the end to be pretty creepy. *sweatdrops*
Jun 29, 2019 2:29 PM
Mar 2019
Attack on Titan: rare yet annoying CGI, a few of the characters' personality do not reflect their corresponding in the manga with loyalty.

Steins;Gate: a bit forced (yet beautiful, imo) ending. Resolution could've been higher.

Death Note: the last third of the story is good, but not as compelling as the previous parts. Amazing ending tho.

One Piece: too slow pacing at certain arcs (Skypiea for example) and lower animation quality in the second half of the story, after the timeskip.

Mononoke Hime: left some unanswered (not fundamental) questions at the end, on the other hand that could be part of what made it so great.
Jun 29, 2019 4:23 PM

Jan 2016
March Comes in Like A Lion - some of its attempt at humor felt short
A Place Further then the Universe - the plot point with the MC's friend is kinda meh
Steins Gate 0 - spotty production
Girls' Last Tour - a bit slow even for my liking
Rakugo - details surrounding a child is left vague
A Silent Voice - some supporting characters were kinda meh
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - first few eps doesnt really match up how epic the entire show is
The End of Eva - plot is kinda just there
High Score Girl - love triangle could be better
Wolf Children - could have been more fleshed out as a TV series tbh

These are trivial tho tbh.
ethotJun 29, 2019 4:27 PM
Jun 29, 2019 4:31 PM

Aug 2016

Kaiji explores characters personalities through gambling and Monster main problem is not the pacing but the fact it lasts more than it should and goes in circles in the middle.
:v
Jun 29, 2019 4:39 PM
Jul 2018
MichaelJackson said:

Kaiji explores characters personalities through gambling

Kaiji explores characters' psychology, not their personality. Two different things.
Jun 29, 2019 4:44 PM

Aug 2016
HopefulNihilist said:
MichaelJackson said:

Kaiji explores characters personalities through gambling

Kaiji explores characters' psychology, not their personality. Two different things.

That explains why I felt I was missing something when writing that thing.
:v
Jun 29, 2019 4:52 PM

Feb 2019
Jojo - Araki forgetting half of the powers, our main cast forgetting their powers in perfect conditions to use them.

Hunter x Hunter - Not enough screen time for Kurapika and Leorio, doesn't cover newer parts.

Hyouka - No satisfying conclusion.

Dororo - Quality in the late parts of the series.

Jun 29, 2019 5:19 PM

Dec 2017
Kare Kano: The last 8 episodes are a major departure from the rest of the series. It feels like everything is gonna open up even more and then it goes back to the beginning of the show in terms of openness

Evangelion: It's too fucking obtuse

3-Gatsu no Lion: Extensive inner monologue where the animation and direction already conveys the feelings perfectly. Excessive talking basically

Dragon Maid: second half isn't as consistent

Kyousougiga: Story isn't always the best

Gurren Lagann: Opening episodes aren't the greatest, there's some logic in the end that isn't the most sound, and my favorite part of it is done better in Evangelion

Kill la Kill: idk, it's on my favs because it was formerly my favorite anime but I haven't rewatched it in quite some time, probably too much fanservice tho?

SSSS. Gridman: Evangelion done worse (but still good), for people who don't like Tokusatsu it leans heavily into Toku tropes and that can be annoying if you aren't a fan

Fate/Zero: There's a tad too much telling rather than showing

Koe no Katachi: It's hard to watch and doesn't let up at all

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Jun 29, 2019 5:25 PM

Mar 2016
hxh: not enough kurapika, hisoka, ikalgo, the episode where gon goes on a date with a much older woman like wtf togashi

fma:b: way too good

mp100: literally nothing

chihayafuru: the lack of scenes between chihaya and arata

Jun 29, 2019 5:32 PM

Jul 2011
Fairy Tail: Too much fanservice and deus ex machinas
One Piece: Too long, the pacing is also too slow
Aho Girl: Didn't go on long enough
Dragon Ball: Goku grew up too soon.
Jun 29, 2019 5:33 PM

Aug 2009
Ikkitousen: That it shares creative talent with Highschool DxD.

Fuck harems.

Jun 29, 2019 5:38 PM
Jan 2017
Naruto: Too much filler, ending does not fit with the show with the relationships not fitting each pair of characters because of their lack of compatibility and development throughout the series.

Your Lie in April: There could've been more episodes in the middle of the show so we would have more to look back on once the ending came around.

Hunter x Hunter (2011): Occasional poor dialogue, but I guess you get this in any shounen.

3-gatsu no Lion: That once scene in season 1 where Rei was trying to teach Hina the basics of shogi with cats as examples (or whatever it was.) That really was annoying and laborious to get through.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: Unnecessary recap episode I guess.

Code Geass: I can't really think of anything off the top of my head but I'm sure this show isn't perfect.

Eureka Seven: I believe there was a tiny bit of unresolved stuff but that's about it.
Jun 29, 2019 5:43 PM

Sep 2014
Kill la Kill is literally perfect in my eyes.
So is End of Evangelion.

Gundam Unicorn could be just a little tiny bit longer. Like 2 more minutes in the last episode. I love the OVA thoroughly, but the jump to the closing credits feels a bit sudden.

Utena has some production flaws at times, and the recap episodes were largely unnecessary. There's bit of new content in them (some very important too), but the actual recap parts weren't needed, two new episodes, even one instead, would be better.

Gurren Lagann's episode 4 looks ugly. I actually didn't realize/remember until my rewatch last year, and it's quite a shocking difference. And there's a recap episode in this one too.

DYRL could spend bit more time to make the romance feel little bit more natural.

Code Geass... Well, that one has many things, and at the same time, I feel all of them are not very significant. The whole show is just so much fun. To name one, the school stuff, like festivals/the cat stealing a mask, could take bit less time, and have it used for something more relevant. Or be instead made bit more natural and not totally quirky. So they could flow better with the rest of the show.

Jun 29, 2019 5:45 PM

Oct 2017
Oregairu- can't think of anything

Violet Evergarden- slow start.

Re:Zero- Petelgeuse Romanée-Conti.

Code Geass- annoying characters: Nunnally, Rolo and Nina.

Naruto- Ninja war arc wasn't executed properly.

Plastic Memories- can't think of one.

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu- first part of the first season wasn't entertaining enough.

Death Note- Near is so annoying and Light never won in the end.

Clannad- first season is boring compared to the 2nd season.

Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai- Quantum Physics.
Jun 29, 2019 5:46 PM
Sep 2017
Nichijou: Sometimes, it felt like the skits were TOO short.

KonoSuba: Art sometimes fail.

Little Busters!: Komari's stupid voice.

Haruhi: The fact that it ended too soon.

hello
Jun 29, 2019 5:53 PM

Mar 2019
Kaiji-some of the arcs go on too long

Beck- looks like crap a lot of the time

Devilman crybaby- some of it just doesn't make sense

Gurren Lagann- the majority of the supporting cast

JoJo- everything about part 1 other than Dio and the title.

Berserk- that one loli fanservice chapter

_underscore_830Jul 5, 2019 7:35 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

10 by Ten »»
12 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

16 by billybub »»
13 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

55 by Fischer77 »»
27 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

239 by TitanOfPlasma »»
37 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.