Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 27, 2019 5:56 PM

Apr 2015
Nexosan said:
Mohammadalmannai said:
We are close to the endgame now,

I lowkey thought Dororo is going to have to lose his arm but the old man came in just in time.

I thought the same. But shouldn't his arm be completely scattered because of the heavy rocks that fell on it?

Lmao anime logic.
May 27, 2019 5:57 PM
Nov 2017
Devil_Slayer said:
Grimfrost said:
Is he really going to kill daigo, get his body back, kill that big demon and face his brother in 4 episodes? Or will there be a second season? (please!!! Second season!! I love this anime!)

Meh I think it they can fit in although it will feel little rushed anyway

I really hope they don't rush and just go for a second season, i really like this anime and hope it keeps going for a while, in the original anime it had an open ending so let's hope that it's not over in 4 weeks!
May 27, 2019 6:39 PM
Jun 2017
well it do seems they cant avoid the fate.. they really need to face daigo..
May 27, 2019 7:05 PM

May 2011
Nexosan said:
Mohammadalmannai said:
We are close to the endgame now,

I lowkey thought Dororo is going to have to lose his arm but the old man came in just in time.

I thought the same. But shouldn't his arm be completely scattered because of the heavy rocks that fell on it?

Me too. Honestly if Dororo lost her arm there, with either the old man or Hyakimaru cutting it off (if they still couldn't release the rocks), I feel that it might make this show a lot better. Of course I'm not saying this cuz I dislike Dororo, but I think it will be a good fuel to Hyakimaru, feeding him with more drive and resolution to get his body back. Also it'll gives us (the viewers) a lot more impact where I would probably be in tears with Hyakimaru raging at the dead demon at the end). It might help to shake off the "plot armour" concept that would come across my mind from time to time as well.
May 27, 2019 9:35 PM

Aug 2012
JGChaves said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
That is not the point. They inserted the whole scene with the villagers starving that makes little to no sense and then tried to make him look bad for Killing Nue. He is correct. Is not only about his body. Humans that sacrifice others to demons for self gain do not deserve to profit from it. Think about how many people died to the demons Daigo released. But we are shown a few made up villages starving and we must doubt the morals of destroying the demons? When the last demon is defeated and Daigo's clan is killed prosperity will return to the and again naturally.

I don't get that last sentence of your post. The show has stated many times that before Daigo sacrificed his son his land was barren, his people were poor and hungry, and they feared being destroyed by wars with other lands. By all logic, killing the 12 demons should make the land go back to that state. Nothing in the show so far indicates that killing demons will make more rice grow and heal all diseases like Jesus. Less people will be eaten, but everyone will still be like the village we saw this episode. And I'm not even sure about the "less people will be eaten" part because there is plenty of Youkai unrelated to the 12 demons in the land.
The state of the land was caused by the demons. Also is an anime only thing to make Daigo not seem absolutely evil which he is.About plenty of Youkai unrelated that is true. When you create a big whole for huge youkai to enter a lot of smaller youkai enter too.
May 27, 2019 10:53 PM

Oct 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
2ego said:

Do you expect Hyakkimaru to have a vivid understanding of "morals"? His body was taken, he had no sight, no hearing, was a literal doll his entire life. What's more tragic is that all of it was deliberately taken away from him, his own life taken against his will before he had the chance to even experience a little bit of "life." If not for the couple of nice people he stumbled upon, he wouldn't have any understanding of what's right.
--

Well, not surprised that the guy turned out like that, with that he abandoned his own identity, therefore wanted others to suffer in order to satisfy his own stripped pride. Hyakkimaru still adamantly believes that he is correct, well I agree honestly, it's his own body - no one has the permission to take it away. Dororo almost died, for a second I was frightened, Hyakkimaru almost completely broke down when Dororo begun drowning. The OST at the end was sick, what a great song they implemented!
That is not the point. They inserted the whole scene with the villagers starving that makes little to no sense and then tried to make him look bad for Killing Nue. He is correct. Is not only about his body. Humans that sacrifice others to demons for self gain do not deserve to profit from it. Think about how many people died to the demons Daigo released. But we are shown a few made up villages starving and we must doubt the morals of destroying the demons? When the last demon is defeated and Daigo's clan is killed prosperity will return to the and again naturally.

The scene of the villagers actually serves the purpose of showing that Tahomaru is not like his father, he is genuinely concerned about the villagers, Daigo, on the other hand is just concerned that he's gonna lose his kingdom. And I don't think that they are trying to portray Hyakkimaru as the bad guy but trying to cause a feeling of dread on the audience, like "what would happen If Hyakkimaru becomes completely desensitized to killing?"
May 27, 2019 11:02 PM

Aug 2012
Quinjao said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

The scene of the villagers actually serves the purpose of showing that Tahomaru is not like his father, he is genuinely concerned about the villagers, Daigo, on the other hand is just concerned that he's gonna lose his kingdom. And I don't think that they are trying to portray Hyakkimaru as the bad guy but trying to cause a feeling of dread on the audience, like "what would happen If Hyakkimaru becomes completely desensitized to killing?"
Because all those people eaten by demons all those starving because of te wars Daigo started do not matter? The anime starts by showing how horrible tge war Daigo started and how many die as a result of his deal but because it tries to be morally ambiguous inserts these whole things. Also if you pay attention Tahomaru does not actually influence the story or events in any significant way. That is because according to the original materialshould have died at the end of Banmon story. My guess the fight between Daigo and H in this incarnation will be fought by Tahomaru. About being desensitized to killing so what? All samurai are like that and he onpy kills monsters. The dude chooses to become a monster spiritualy and later physically and then calls H out on not being human. Despicable.
May 28, 2019 2:09 AM

Sep 2016
just how much is left? I havent read the manga but if all thats left is facing daigo and his bro then I think 4 episodes is more than enough to settle that, a whole new season would mean theres a bunch of other demons and trials to face, is that the case?
May 28, 2019 3:19 AM
Nov 2017
CookieMaster97 said:
just how much is left? I havent read the manga but if all thats left is facing daigo and his bro then I think 4 episodes is more than enough to settle that, a whole new season would mean theres a bunch of other demons and trials to face, is that the case?

The original anime had an open ending so it IS possible that there will be a second season story wise. Seeing as how amazingly good this anime is doing i think that it's very possible to make a second season money wise.

They still need to face daigo, his brother, that demon lord and he still needs 3 body parts (both arms and eyes)
A resolution or face off with his mom also needs to still happen.
There are more demons and ghouls beyond the ones that took his body parts so they could build more on that.
May 28, 2019 4:26 AM
Oct 2018
_ambient_ said:
Does anyone know who voices Saburota? It sounds like Yuichi Nakamura to me, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Wish I could just read the credits, smh.

Yes, it is Yuichi Nakamura.
May 28, 2019 4:37 AM

Jul 2016
Very enjoyable episode, though as much as I like him as a character Old-Man Ex Machina was pretty contrived. I do understand why he was there though. The point of that scene was mostly to illustrate how far Hyakkimaru and his bond with Dororo have grown to the point where he can't bring himself to cut Dororo's arm. The old man saving them makes enough sense if you stretch your imagination but does feel a little eh.
skrublordFeyMay 28, 2019 4:41 AM
May 28, 2019 5:09 AM

Jul 2014
Other than this show once again trying to paint Hyakkimaru in a bad light for trying to get his body back (which still makes next to no sense), this was a decent episode, and it seems we're very much on the final stretch now that there's a clear end goal in sight.
May 28, 2019 5:54 AM

Jul 2014
Meruru-tan said:

I love how close Hyakki and Dororo got and how their relationship is progressing more and more.
Totally ship those two tbh ;_;

What the hell? Dororo is like 9yo...
May 28, 2019 6:20 AM

Nov 2013
nightcrawlercyp said:
JGChaves said:

I don't get that last sentence of your post. The show has stated many times that before Daigo sacrificed his son his land was barren, his people were poor and hungry, and they feared being destroyed by wars with other lands. By all logic, killing the 12 demons should make the land go back to that state. Nothing in the show so far indicates that killing demons will make more rice grow and heal all diseases like Jesus. Less people will be eaten, but everyone will still be like the village we saw this episode. And I'm not even sure about the "less people will be eaten" part because there is plenty of Youkai unrelated to the 12 demons in the land.
The state of the land was caused by the demons.

At which point of the anime was this stated? Because I really don't see how that makes sense. At the start of the episode Hyakkimaru had already killed 9 of the 12 demons, and things aren't getting better for those villages. If they are the reason Daigo's land is so poor how come things only get worse as they are killed?

I have no idea how things played out in the manga, but in the anime I've been watching everything points to the demons upholding their end of the deal and making Daigo's land prosperous even as they eat people in any and every place outside of those lands.
May 28, 2019 6:38 AM

May 2016
Loved the demons design it and animation was pretty bad at the first few min but just turned 100x better, that was mind blowing hope the next four episodes gonna be even better and Hyakki just found a reason to get his body back to protect our little Dororo.
May 28, 2019 6:47 AM
May 2016
My guess is that hyakimaru doesn't get any body parts back after defeating the demons because someone else seizes them right before he recieves them. The one who gets them faster than him (before he gets the chance to) must the demon that hadn't managed to eat any of his body parts when he was born. That should be the demon whose statue is shown glowing in the back of the hall of hell and is said to make sounds.
May 28, 2019 6:50 AM

Jan 2018
Why the hell isn't Hyakki getting his body back ??

The one thing I thought would've made the story a tiny bit better, tho, if Tahomaru turning on his aniki had taken more time to develope .. Like if we could see how he was torn for so long between the disgust towards his father's actions and the sense of duty towards his land and the people he vowed to protect and then NOW after what he's seen in ep 20 - the villagers basically dying of hunger&sickness - he finally made a decision to go against his big brother with a heavy heart. I dunno, emotionally I think it would've made more sense and the pay off would have more impact.

But Hyakki and Dororo make up for all the feels in the world, bless their hearts <3
May 28, 2019 7:42 AM

Jan 2018
For a moment there, i thought Hyakimaru would cut Dororo's arm. Thankfully the old man arrive.

I wonder whats the old man's role in the anime. Some kind of prophet or spirit or maybe Hyaki's fairy god father who always watches him?

I also enjoy the story of that samurai that pretended to be brave (or didn't really), its like some kind of short story where the reader will learn a lesson.

Overall, another 10/10.
Iroha_PixieMay 28, 2019 7:53 AM
May 28, 2019 8:06 AM

Aug 2012
JGChaves said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
The state of the land was caused by the demons.

At which point of the anime was this stated? Because I really don't see how that makes sense. At the start of the episode Hyakkimaru had already killed 9 of the 12 demons, and things aren't getting better for those villages. If they are the reason Daigo's land is so poor how come things only get worse as they are killed?

I have no idea how things played out in the manga, but in the anime I've been watching everything points to the demons upholding their end of the deal and making Daigo's land prosperous even as they eat people in any and every place outside of those lands.
It is not stated but is narated in a few eps more or less. Also because the last demon is still alive things will get worse before getting better.
May 28, 2019 8:44 AM

May 2015
Just as I thought it was getting less impactful with recent episodes, there is this stunning scene with desperate/determined Hyakkimaru and beatiful scenery. About time the series picked up its pace. Although it probably won't end well for anyone.
May 28, 2019 10:39 AM

Oct 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Quinjao said:

Because all those people eaten by demons all those starving because of te wars Daigo started do not matter? The anime starts by showing how horrible tge war Daigo started and how many die as a result of his deal but because it tries to be morally ambiguous inserts these whole things. Also if you pay attention Tahomaru does not actually influence the story or events in any significant way. That is because according to the original materialshould have died at the end of Banmon story. My guess the fight between Daigo and H in this incarnation will be fought by Tahomaru. About being desensitized to killing so what? All samurai are like that and he onpy kills monsters. The dude chooses to become a monster spiritualy and later physically and then calls H out on not being human. Despicable.

Yup, "so what" I agree with that, I don't see anything bad with it as well, it's pretty much an anime cliché by now. And about Tahomaru, I think they're just building him up for the ending, he will definitely play a big part, or at least should
May 28, 2019 10:53 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Dark, intense and a very question-stimulating episode!

Why isn’t Hyakkimaru getting his body parts back? Will killing Daigo really guarantee his human body parts returning? Are we approaching the endgame now and if so is it really possible to wrap it all up in 4 mere episodes? Gah, lots of questions lol.

Good thing the monk made it in time to save Dororo, phew. I was expecting Hyakkimaru to come to the painful decision and committing to chop off Dororo’s arm there. On another note though, this is like what the fourth time we see the monk appearing? Is he really not stalking them, lol? Pretty depressing story for the new character though. Poor lad cut off his own mother’s arm to save himself and is now selling people to the ayakashi in order to quench his own frustrations. But of course Hyakkimaru couldn’t care less. Dororo trying to stop Hyakkimaru was pretty painful to see, what a heavy burden indeed, but it was nice to see the two strengthening their bonds early up in the episode. I feel as though everything is leading up to sad finale now with Hyakkimaru’s looming death but well looking forward to seeing what the finale has in store for us nevertheless!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 28, 2019 11:10 AM

Sep 2011
This was a spectacular episode and great build up for the endgame, the position hyakimaru is in right now with him slowly succumbing to his own thirst for revenge is something i hope they handle well in the coming episodes.

Johnny-Jay said:
Meruru-tan said:

I love how close Hyakki and Dororo got and how their relationship is progressing more and more.

apparently they are around the same age by maybe a year or 2 difference she just hasn't exactly had much of a growth spurt due to malnutrition. I don't know if this series will do it but at least a one sides crush was a thing in past adaptions

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 28, 2019 11:40 AM
Jan 2019
Gunfire14 said:
Anyone got any ideas as to why Hyakkimaru didnt get a new body part this episode?

I'm pretty sure its because Hyakkimaru himself is becoming more of a demon, we saw in this episode that inside of Hyakki is becoming more red because he is losing his humanity, he's getting his body back but is losing what makes him human.
That's just my theory :P
Great episode btw finally some character development and the plot is moving forward I'm hyped for next episode.
May 28, 2019 1:03 PM

Jun 2016
jrShark said:
Nexosan said:

Me too. Honestly if Dororo lost her arm there, with either the old man or Hyakimaru cutting it off (if they still couldn't release the rocks), I feel that it might make this show a lot better. Of course I'm not saying this cuz I dislike Dororo, but I think it will be a good fuel to Hyakimaru, feeding him with more drive and resolution to get his body back. Also it'll gives us (the viewers) a lot more impact where I would probably be in tears with Hyakimaru raging at the dead demon at the end). It might help to shake off the "plot armour" concept that would come across my mind from time to time as well.

Well said, I thought the same for something in this direction.

May 28, 2019 6:12 PM

Dec 2012
That guy was so scared that he cut his mother's arm while running away. That's messed up.
Albi-kunMay 28, 2019 6:19 PM
May 28, 2019 7:52 PM

Jul 2014
Seeing the show trying to show Hyakki in a negative light really annoys me. We saw human killing MANY innocents for their own goals and they still had gray souls, yet Hyakki is now part read for killing few demons and some trash humans beings?
May 28, 2019 8:09 PM

Feb 2015
This is continuously falling lower and lowers. It's such a shame, the first cour was absolutely fantastic. Tons of logical inconsistencies, and plot conveniences.
May 28, 2019 9:05 PM

Oct 2008
Hyakkimaru is becoming ruthless and relentless in his search for his own human body. Looks like its gonna be when he gets his human body back, he isn't a human at all anymore! Biwamaru is correct all along...you cannot escape fate!
5/5.

May 28, 2019 9:09 PM

Mar 2019
betaweeb said:
Seems like he doesn't get stuff back when he kills in an inhuman way.
hopefully he defeats the last demon for the right reasons and gets everything back, or even gives up on retrieving some body parts in exchange for a happy ending.
The op foreshadows him getting back his sight to see dororo in a pretty touching way, so looking forward to seeing that in an actual episode.

No, I'm pretty sure the demon who didn't take his head stole the arms right there. At then end of the episode, they showed the demon's arms glowing, which I feel implies that he would have gotten his arms back, but the Boss Demon or whatever, just sniped it from him.
I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to type here.
*imitates an old man*
"Back in my day, we used to write our names fancy when they asked our signature!"
May 29, 2019 12:48 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, I was on the edge of my seat when Dororo got her hand stuck under the mountain's rocks. From my experience, this has got to be the only time I witnessed an Anime character escape that fate by severing their hand, I'm so glad they didn't go that route, that old man has done them good for a long time, I hope he doesn't fall victim to anything.

I could sit and watch Dororo tell Hyakkimaru stories no problems, it's just so beautiful, and it's only getting harder for Hyakkimaru to contain his desire of getting his body back. I think that the portion of the show that was supposed to build the two's relationship is over now, and things will take a more serious and risky road from now on.
May 29, 2019 2:07 AM
Sep 2018
I think it might have a sappy ending where dororo / hyakkimaru dies in the end and tahomaru will become the next ruler and hyakkimaru having defeated all the demons becomes the saviour or something .
May 29, 2019 4:32 AM

Jul 2014
JizzyHitler said:
apparently they are around the same age by maybe a year or 2 difference she just hasn't exactly had much of a growth spurt due to malnutrition.

Well if that was the case, the scenarists would have already implied it, they wouldn't just let us guess something that important. And even though life made her tough, Dororo still acts like a child.
May 29, 2019 6:49 AM

Aug 2013
Good thing Biwamaru showed up on time.

May 29, 2019 8:44 AM
Apr 2019
This one was nuts!! i feel bad for the villagers but the bigger task in hand is getting hyakki his body back. my gut says that maybe the awakened demon would join Daigo like in this how the boy and the mue got fused. we are so close to the end though i am gonna miss hyakki and dororo
May 29, 2019 9:26 AM
May 2019
It was kind of expected that Hyakkimaru, let's call it, "fate" was going to end up being against Daigo, or something that has to do with Daigo. But other than that being interested whether Hyakkimaru is going to become into a demon of some sort or not, is still what's I'm more curious about.
Well four more episodes REEEEE
May 29, 2019 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
Johnny-Jay said:
Meruru-tan said:

People went from shipping Hyakkimaru with Mio to totally forgetting about her to shipping him with a 9year old that calls him "aniki".

I wish he ended up with the girl from the previous episode but she got married to another guy later :|
May 29, 2019 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
Farabeuf said:
I get the feeling our Hyakki is going to die before the end. What a tragic life he's led-

Oh God why do I feel the same way
May 29, 2019 5:25 PM

Jul 2016
Now that was a damn great episode. I can already tell the final act of this show is gonna be amazing
May 30, 2019 1:14 AM

Jun 2013
They're ending this in four episodes. Of course, I would love a second season but like many series, it won't get one.

Perhaps, the most it will get an OVA.

Anyways, I'm surprised that demon didn't eat that coward immediately. It waited until he voiced how envious he was of Hyakkimaru's bravery and strength before finally eating him and become a bootleg version of Sephiroth.

Following the theme of the show, I feel like Hyakimaru or Dororo will die at the finale. I hope Daigo suffers the most. I predict that Tahomaru will either become the kind of leader that Daigo never was or become Daigo 2.0. We shall see.
臭い-
May 30, 2019 2:06 AM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
i highkey thought they were gonna cut dororo's arm off

May 30, 2019 3:49 AM

Jul 2016
Johnny-Jay said:
Meruru-tan said:

I was thinking this as well.. how can you ship a bloody 9 year old...
May 30, 2019 4:00 PM

Feb 2019
Perhaps we should be grateful that it skips any pretense and just jumps straight to the Dude Of The Week being a mass murderer feeding everyone he comes across to the local nue. But then we get sucked into his flashback multiple times, and I honestly couldn't tell you why. He told the story about his mom getting eaten and killing people, now, ten minutes later, here's a flashback showing that and nothing more. It's hard to even see how it ties into the never-to-be-moved-past 'character arc' for Hyakkimaru where he accuses him of being a monster too right before dying, because… Hyakki was a better fighter than him? He wasn't scared? I know it can't be that Hyakki was covered in blood or merciless, because those have been the core two traits of 99% of the humans in this show. It's also a hard sell that Hyakki is 'empty' inside sandwiched between scenes of him increasingly frantic to save his Gal Friday's life.

And unfortunately, there wasn't much more to the episode besides that lazy backstory repetition. We got a bit at the start and the middle about how the Biblical plagues are visiting random villages, which is obviously Hyakkimaru's fault, but that's nothing new. Maybe they're slightly more plaguey now. There was also a kind of weird few minutes aside where Dororo talked about autumn, bereft of any connection to the man eating pokemon that they were about to encounter. I've long since given up hoping they were introducing some theme for the episode with it or that whatever is said will come back in an important way, and it didn't, so full sail ahead right back to where we were about 6 weeks ago. Maybe this time, Dad will do something other than stand impassively, but I'm pretty sure this ain't the last time we're going to see the demon fusing schtick.
May 30, 2019 4:11 PM

Nov 2013
lol i was more worried about Hyakkimaru cutting off Dororo's arm, rather than her drowning.
May 31, 2019 8:18 AM

Oct 2012
Perfect episode, how much more suffering will hyakkimaru go through: '(

May 31, 2019 8:43 PM

Nov 2015
hmm... by the looks of things, this isnt going to have a happy ending.
Jun 1, 2019 2:42 AM

Apr 2018
There's only 4 episodes left and Hyakkimaru is still missing a lot of parts. I feel like this will end in a cliffhanger and will probably take another year or two for a season 2 to happen. Welp
Jun 1, 2019 3:18 AM

Apr 2019
This episode was one hell of a rollercoaster, from nice fall season atmosphere and talk to life-threatening situations and brutal demon killing also the part where Hyakkimaru didn't get body part was sad. The human helping the Nue was quite interesting and Nue himself was one if not the best demon we've seen so far it's pity the fight wasn't longer. Overall very good episode I'm really excited to see how all of this plays out.
Avazak21Jun 1, 2019 3:29 AM
Jun 1, 2019 11:35 AM

Aug 2018
Shirai-chan said:
There's only 4 episodes left and Hyakkimaru is still missing a lot of parts. I feel like this will end in a cliffhanger and will probably take another year or two for a season 2 to happen. Welp

He is only missing his arms and eyes, I think the twelfth demon has both of those parts so there could be like a final boss battle thing maybe
Jun 1, 2019 11:38 AM

Apr 2018
Dark-Knight003 said:
Shirai-chan said:

He is only missing his arms and eyes, I think the twelfth demon has both of those parts so there could be like a final boss battle thing maybe
we'll see about that
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.