Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 25, 2019 2:03 PM

Nov 2016
The thug was begging for it, but still, what a massacre xD

Tamayo and Yashiro seem like they're going to be very important for the story, would even go as far and call Tamayo a key character.

The episode was overall great imo, Tanjirou's declaration gave me chills and I'm looking forward to next week, hopefully with a really bloody fight against the crazy duo.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 25, 2019 2:34 PM

Mar 2014
vissegard said:
Themousen said:

I don't think it ruins anything, it's the same humor used in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood for example, and it creates a great balance between drama/serious stuff and some more light-hearted moments

You realize the fact, that Kimetsu no Yaiba isn't supposed to be a comedy, like FMA:B? I mean, there is no "Comedy" tag here.

Oh look its someone who trying to nitpick the small details and make the anime out to be bad. You clearly either haven't seen a lot of shonens or know of the genre to realise its nothing new or bad that there's comedy during serious scenes. If you can't deal with these comedy moments then buckle up kid there's a load of these scenes to come in the near future.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
May 25, 2019 2:35 PM
Oct 2016
this Michael Jackson in a few minutes of the screen has already shown that it is a bog you already understand how much the guy is fuck "(O_O)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2019 2:41 PM

Apr 2012
Lel0uchZer0 said:
So people around muzan just ignored how tanjiro yelled at him after a demon suddenly appeared?
Nobody but Tanjiro new what was going on. To everyone else what they witnessed through their eyes was one guy shouting threats at a family walking away while pacifying an irate guy who assaulted his wife. The cops showed up already thinking it's just a bunch of drunks being rowdy.

HueyLion said:
vissegard said:

You realize the fact, that Kimetsu no Yaiba isn't supposed to be a comedy, like FMA:B? I mean, there is no "Comedy" tag here.

Oh look its someone who trying to nitpick the small details and make the anime out to be bad. You clearly either haven't seen a lot of shonens or know of the genre to realise its nothing new or bad that there's comedy during serious scenes. If you can't deal with these comedy moments then buckle up kid there's a load of these scenes to come in the near future.

I have no problem with the gags. As long as it's done to a minimum and not overly excessive.
Janethan23May 25, 2019 2:47 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
May 25, 2019 3:06 PM

Oct 2015
HueyLion said:

There is no such thing as a "Shounen" genre. Shounen means that anime/manga is dedicated to younger audience, but it doesn't necessarly mean that it will contain a comedy, aspecially when it's clearly not advertised as a comedy. Also, argument "everyone does that, so it's fine" is just silly.
One thing if these gags would be even funny, but they are generally pathetic and generic. Second thing if this anime was stated as a comedy, but it clearly isn't (unlike FMA:B or One Piece). Third thing, comedy is okay, if it's not used in such important and interesting moments, no one fucking asks for this comedy bullshit there.
vissegardMay 25, 2019 3:20 PM
May 25, 2019 3:17 PM
Apr 2016
vissegard said:

One thing if these gags would be even funny, but they are generally pathetic and generic.

Comedy is highly subjective. You can't decide for people if the gags are funny or not.
May 25, 2019 3:25 PM

Oct 2015
youdontknowwho said:
vissegard said:

One thing if these gags would be even funny, but they are generally pathetic and generic.

Comedy is highly subjective. You can't decide for people if the gags are funny or not.

Well, of course, but i think everyone would agree that they are completely generic - i rarely find generic gags to be funny, if someone does, then thats okay.
May 25, 2019 3:50 PM
Mar 2017
Tanjirou had to let Muzan flee, but in exchange he had the opportunity to meet two new allies, Tamayo and Yushiro.

I loved how Tanjirou threatened and swear that he will beheaded Kibutsuji Muzan, but being honest the hunt for the head of this demon is very dangerous, seeing the brutal strength of Muzan with those drunken guys and how ruthless he went with the girl he transformed into a formless mass until she burst, but apparently Muzan fears for Tanjirou, at least for the reaction he had when he saw Tanjirou's ears, that flashback left me many doubts, perhaps the ancestors of Tanjirou's father were demon slayers ?

Tamayo gave hope to Tanjirou, there is a way for Nezuko to be human again, but it means that Tanjirou must face very dangerous demons.

Pity that the demons Muzan sent to assassinate Tanjirou find them and now all that remains is to wait for the fight that Tanjirou will have against these demons that look very strong, the demon girl seems the most dangerous because of the attacks she uses with those balls.

On a separate note and that I loved, was when Yushiro offended Nezuko and Tanjirou defended her as a good big brother, how dare that brat try as vulgar the adorable Nezuko.
Nezuko was extremely adorable this episode, the part where Tanjirou talks with Tamayo and we see Nezuko acting very adorable and carefree of everything and the face that Nezuko put when Yushiro treated her as vulgar, moved me.
I can agree with Yushiro that Tamayo is elegant and feminine, but Nezuko has the adorable factor and that is indisputable, she is the best Imouto of the season.
May 25, 2019 3:55 PM

Dec 2015
The yushirou gags were really annoying and distracting tbh, maybe I've just grown too tired of that trope and character and relationship stereotype
May 25, 2019 4:30 PM

Jun 2015
if nezuko's bamboo.. mouth gag thing was taken off, could she possibly speak? i wonder.
May 25, 2019 4:33 PM
Apr 2016
saengdao said:
if nezuko's bamboo.. mouth gag thing was taken off, could she possibly speak? i wonder.

She can't speak, as seen from episode 1. The mouth gag doesn't matter in that regard.
May 25, 2019 4:44 PM

May 2018

So , these 2 were also demons, the good kind, not the bad kind like Muzan.
May 25, 2019 5:05 PM

Jun 2015
Those flower scent animation though.. This is what you called "Anime Adaptation". The pace is good, the music (do I need to explain?), literally every second is a work of art. Well done ufotable & staffs, well done.

We're getting closer to our boy Zenitsu first appearance.
YosepRAMay 25, 2019 5:55 PM
May 25, 2019 5:32 PM

Jan 2011
muzan looks like he's 5ft lmfao
May 25, 2019 5:36 PM

Apr 2018
The next episode is gonna be a bloody battle. And after that, maybe I can finally see my boy zenitsu in action
May 25, 2019 6:05 PM

Feb 2017
muzan didn't disappoint at all. im hyped to see more of this man i think he's such an insane character wowwow

2 new 'good' demons were introduced and i think they're pretty cool too. i hope tamayo is able to come up with something that changes nezuko back into a human.
also the part where tamayo alludes to having lived over 200 years intrigued me and i hope that's expanded upon (i.e., tamayo being given a backstory)

placeholder text
May 25, 2019 7:22 PM
Jan 2016
vissegard said:
HueyLion said:

There is no such thing as a "Shounen" genre. Shounen means that anime/manga is dedicated to younger audience, but it doesn't necessarly mean that it will contain a comedy, aspecially when it's clearly not advertised as a comedy. Also, argument "everyone does that, so it's fine" is just silly.
One thing if these gags would be even funny, but they are generally pathetic and generic. Second thing if this anime was stated as a comedy, but it clearly isn't (unlike FMA:B or One Piece). Third thing, comedy is okay, if it's not used in such important and interesting moments, no one fucking asks for this comedy bullshit there.

GOD you are so pathetic, shut up, you are complaining for a gag that lasted 30 seconds or sth
May 25, 2019 7:36 PM

Nov 2011
Kibutsuji is such a perfect villain! Holy shit his powers are crazy! I wonder who the guy was int he past who had Tanjiros earrings AND the Red Sword!

Nezuko this episode though...PRECOUS!!!

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 25, 2019 7:42 PM

Aug 2018
So, we got to see Kibutsuji performing his powers, by easily murdering 3 bystanders met in the alley... though they were not fighters or even demon slayers, you could feel his strenght. And I really like the way he can turn someone into a demon.

Now let's see a fight with stronger demons next week !
May 25, 2019 8:07 PM

Dec 2016
vissegard said:
Themousen said:

I don't think it ruins anything, it's the same humor used in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood for example, and it creates a great balance between drama/serious stuff and some more light-hearted moments

Trust me, it a comedy. Someone must have forget to put the comedy tag in cause the manga also a comedy. While it not heavy on comedy, there still comedic bit all over it to balance the seriousness.
May 25, 2019 8:12 PM
Jun 2013
vissegard said:
Themousen said:

And you should realize the fact, that you don't know what you're talking about, because if you read the manga you would know that there's a lot of comedy in this series.

Better drop if this bother you, because i already can picture you whining when Zenitsu and Inosuke joins Tanjiro, there are many comedy moments with this two.
Shinuki_n_RebornMay 25, 2019 9:15 PM
May 25, 2019 9:40 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Muzan is such an stylish motherfucker. What he did to that woman was savage.

Another great episode. The comedy during the talk between Tanjirou and Tamayo felt a bit out of place if I'm honest but it wasn't a really big deal either.

Regarding the new characters, I'm liking Tamayo so far. Not to mention that the way they animated her technique was truly beautiful. I really loved that sequence.
Yushirou on the other hand... he has a cool design and all but his obsession for Tamayo-sama was a bit annoying for moments.

As always, really looking forward to the next episode!
May 25, 2019 9:41 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was so gorgeous; ufotable is living up to their expectations
May 25, 2019 9:52 PM

Aug 2008
lol,i see people complaing about the comedy moments, i wish them luck when lol Zenitsu and Inosuke, appears :))
The spider is watching
May 25, 2019 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
was hard to laugh right after seeing all those people get brutally killed even if the one guy was asking for a beating, had a flash back of Meruem during that side shot of Muzan

suddenly our mc is a sis-con eh maybe not suddenly hes been very attached to her for ya know reasons but still
May 25, 2019 10:00 PM

Oct 2015
They should refrain from comedy as it isn't their strong suit! But great episode nonetheless.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 25, 2019 10:26 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Yeah, it's probably going to be one of those “Your father was a great demon slayer”, something I wished would never interfere with what appeared to be a refreshing take on the genre, it's by no mean a bad thing, but it felt nice knowing that Kimetsu no Yaiba was going to be the different hot boy in the neighborhood. I guess not. Because not only those were similar earrings, but the hair color also looked the same. To add to that, the dude's (The bad one) eye color is too suspiciously similar to that of Nezuko.

It seems that there being a demon that's also a doctor is very convenient for Tanjirou, it's only logical for him to take this chance and ask her all about human+demo, conversion.
Looks like Tanjirou is setting off for a lengthy quest to help out that doctor, it would suck if she was to die in this story arc, and thus end Tanjirous faint hope of ever turning his sister back into a human on peaceful terms.
May 25, 2019 10:41 PM
Feb 2010
The wooden box is supposed to be extremely light but the demon guessed it was a "big box". Hate this type of inconsistent tryhard writing.
May 25, 2019 10:48 PM

Dec 2018
kater_tot said:

Is Yashiro voiced by Daiki Yamashita?

Exactly what I was thinking, heard Midoriya within Yashiro.
May 25, 2019 10:58 PM

Dec 2016
Eoussama said:
Yeah, it's probably going to be one of those “Your father was a great demon slayer”, something I wished would never interfere with what appeared to be a refreshing take on the genre, it's by no mean a bad thing, but it felt nice knowing that Kimetsu no Yaiba was going to be the different hot boy in the neighborhood. I guess not. Because not only those were similar earrings, but the hair color also looked the same. To add to that, the dude's (The bad one) eye color is too suspiciously similar to that of Nezuko.

It seems that there being a demon that's also a doctor is very convenient for Tanjirou, it's only logical for him to take this chance and ask her all about human+demo, conversion.
Looks like Tanjirou is setting off for a lengthy quest to help out that doctor, it would suck if she was to die in this story arc, and thus end Tanjirous faint hope of ever turning his sister back into a human on peaceful terms.

I don't think that was Tanjirou father. in the flashback we saw Muzan being pretty inexperienced and his clothing was pretty old style so it maybe an ancestor or something.
May 25, 2019 11:13 PM

Jun 2013
One of the best episodes and the next one will be just as epic. I'm glad they finally introduced two of my favorite characters: Lady Tamayo and Yushiro, the president of the Tamayo fanclub and Tamayo otaku. Don't blame him, Tamayo is gorgeous, even more than Nezuko. In terms of beauty, I'd say Tamayo and Nezuko are about the same level. There will be more gorgeous female characters later on but none of them are at Tamayo or Nezuko's level tbh.

Nezuko acts like a kid when she's a demon. Moreso than when she was still human. Tanjirou is overly protective of her to the point that when Yushiro insulted her, he couldn't take it. He won't let Yushiro go unless he admits that his little sister is a beauty.

Anyways, one of my favorite scenes is when Muzan murdered those three drunks in the alley, I felt sorry for them but honestly, they were just fodder. The girl had it worst, she didn't die as quickly as the other two.

That maddafakkin demon and her balls from hell. It has begun.
臭い-
May 25, 2019 11:28 PM

Apr 2009
Aggnog said:
The wooden box is supposed to be extremely light but the demon guessed it was a "big box". Hate this type of inconsistent tryhard writing.

Huh? just because a box is big doesn't mean its not light in weight.
May 25, 2019 11:49 PM
May 2019
Amazing episode as usual.

I always want to see how they animate Tamayo's flower illusion and it sure exceeds my expectation. It's so gorgeous!

Muzan's seiyuu is killing it with that chilling yet charismatic voice. Man he's scary and handsome at the same time.

Tamayo's fan club president vs Nezuko's siscon oniichan, FIGHT!

Can't wait for the next episode!
May 26, 2019 1:05 AM

Mar 2018
And there I think is the episode where I go from liking the show to absolutly loving it.

First of all, Muzan, from his design to his voice he breathes cool, and feels really threatening. Every great series needs a great vilain, and so far he's making up for it. I'm really looking forward to all of his next appearances.

I also really liked the comedy, it was not out of place, didn't break the mood, nor felt forced, the art style changes are selling the gags pretty well.

Also, those characters design are seriously astounding, I could stare at them for hours.

May 26, 2019 3:00 AM

Aug 2015
Man I wanted to punch the guy who was taunting muzan so hard he should have been the one to turn into a bulb and explode.
the white-haired guy also pissed me off how dare he call nezuko an eyesore!
anyway great episode, finally the real story begins!
May 26, 2019 3:24 AM

Apr 2018
Aggnog said:
Big box = Heavy Box. Big Box also mean that the box is not Light, Great! I wouldnt realize how stupid the writting is if you didnt post that comment, we should drop this series as soon as possible, this is not worth watching, 0/10.
May 26, 2019 3:39 AM
Apr 2019
Tanjirou x Nezuko aww, best ship of the season for sure
May 26, 2019 4:30 AM

Dec 2014
wow finally some other demons who are actually good
May 26, 2019 8:39 AM

May 2015
Nezuko is love, Nezuko is life!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 26, 2019 8:44 AM

Feb 2008
Great episode as usual. But I am kind of annoyed that no one has updated the voice cast list. I really want to see my favorite villain Seki Toshihiko up there please.

There was an earthquake around here, so it took me some minutes to realize the doctor was Maaya Sakamoto. Still haven't guessed who Yashiro is, so that's about it. At least, the doc has confirmed that there is a cure for Nezuko, and there should be an explanation as to how a demon has a daughter...
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
May 26, 2019 10:44 AM

Mar 2018
Themousen said:
vissegard said:

An anime doesn't have to have the "Comedy" tag to have comedy in it

Also I don't see the problem of a serious anime having some comedic bits in it
FMA:B is one of the animes that made me cry a lot, despite all the comidic parts

If you're just bothered by this in Kimetsu no Yaiba, maybe you're too sensitive to watch it
"Realistic" animes want to retranscribe the whole human emotions panel, and that includes sadness or hate but also joy and cheerful moments

Every dramatic anime I've watched, even the "worst" ones, those which hit you really hard, have comedic moments sometimes

Plus Kimetsu no Yaiba is a shounen (it's tagged as well), and comedy is usually really common in this type of anime, even the darker ones
The problem is the timing, I had the same problem with FMAB. There's nothing realistic about having cliche slapstick comedy all the time in serious moments. So far this anime doesn't do it nearly as bad as FMAB though. At the udon food stand there's no problem at all, but at that demon's house where we finally get deeper into the story to constantly repeat cliche slapstick comedy is unnecessary and doesn't feel genuine at all. I understand it's a way of introducing new characters but imo it's not a good way to do it.

Good episode tho
poop
May 26, 2019 2:11 PM

Feb 2014
Muzen is one to be feared. He just casually walks off with his family, despite Tanjiro shouting out to him while restraining the infected guy. Later, after seeing his family off in a taxi. he calmly walks through an alley, but when one drunk idiot starts to get annoyed, Muzen doesn't hesitate to kill the drunk guy, his brother AND his sister. Talk about brutal and angry...

We also get introduced to another two characters, Tamayo and Yushiro. Even though they're both demons, Tamayo was able to adjust both her and Yushiro so that they only need a small amount of blood, but will only request permission from those who're close to death's door.

This episode also contained a lot of comedic moments, with my favourite one with Tanjiro apologizing to the udon shop owner for dropping his bowl of udon last week by eating two bowls of it.

Yushiro was a bit of a brat, though. He may worship Tamayo passionately, but he did lash out at Tanjiro too often. If only Tamayo gave him a physical beatdown to teach him a lesson.....

Either way, Muzen's two close followers have found Tanjiro's party and now another fight will commence. Great episode and, not to forget, Nezuko was just too pure and cute with her reactions and movements! X3
May 26, 2019 3:17 PM

Jun 2014
those 2 demons look disgusting.
Also the way main badguy murdered that girl was brutal
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2019 4:24 PM

Sep 2017
Muzan is pretty strong, huh? I thought he was going to turn at least one of the three into demons, but I guess he was so pissed off he just decided on slaughtering them. These are the two demons in the OP, aren't they? This should be a fun battle to witness. They seem crazy powerful. Also, Nezuko continues to be top tier imouto material.
May 26, 2019 6:17 PM
Aug 2017
vissegard said:
Holy shit, do you guys really don't mind these idiotic comedy scenes when something interesting is actually happening? Like my god, dialog about the main reason why protagonist is a demon slayer, with some strong enemies that are about come and like three horrible and useless gags, that constantly were ruining the suspense.

Comedy is fine as it is. There is nothing wrong about it.
May 26, 2019 6:21 PM
Aug 2017
vissegard said:
Themousen said:

You are wrong. It is a shounen. There is nothing wrong with comedy in shounen. All shounen I know always have comedy added here and there. You forgot the fact that this show is also for children as young as 8 years old. It is not supposed to be that dark and serious like seinen. FMA isn't a comedy either. Kimetsu no Yaiba and FMA are in the same genre, that is action shounen similar to Shingeki no Kyojin, Black Clover, Naruto, Bleach, etc.
You can only call a serious a comedy if the comedy is the main genre like Osomatsu-san.
If you hate the comedy, I recommend that you drop the show because there will be more comedy when Inosuke and Zenitsu appeared.
Himawari9May 26, 2019 6:28 PM
May 26, 2019 6:30 PM
Aug 2017
elementex said:

You realize they are brother and sister right?

May 26, 2019 6:40 PM
Jan 2019
A very surprising episode. There are many things to say about this episode:
Tamayo and Yushiro. I did not think I could see other demons living peacefully with humans. That woman is incredibly amazing. He modified his body so as not to devour humans and it took 200 years to turn Yushiro into a demon. Yushiro is like a kind of hybrid, a new generation demon, so to speak. Practically both are like vampires. I was very happy to see that the answer that Tanjiro seeks to cure Nezuko is not as far as he thought. In this way, Tanjiro does not need to hold back against Muzan Kibutsuji, that damn bastard!
This story is full of surprises!

Oh! And I almost forgot it! ... I'm very curious to know if the guy who knew Muzan Kibutsuji in the past was Tanjiro's father, the one with the ear studs like he has.

PS: "Nezuko was one of the beauties of the town!" ... Hahaha, I laughed too much in that part. Nobody should mess with Tanjiro's little sister 😂.
May 26, 2019 6:41 PM
Apr 2019
Himawari9 said:
elementex said:

You realize they are brother and sister right?

And so?
That is disappointing tbh, Nezuko and Tanjiro have great chemistry. Not sure who these other people are but that doesn’t make sense
elementexMay 26, 2019 6:45 PM
May 26, 2019 10:16 PM

Jan 2013
The boss is so strong! It was expected but omg!
Glad that he found that lady and that boy, he will need their help but it's already great to know that there is a way.

It's also great that they explained that Nezuko was sleeping for 2 whole years!

I wish the episode ended with Tanjirou cutting that demon's balls.

This anime is so good! And this whole episode, to be honest...all episodes were fantastic!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.