Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 19, 2019 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
Nycro said:
The CGI Titan looks so bad its not funny anymore. And you also see him so often.
it never was funny. but we did get some great shots of the 2D colossal including the entire body. Amazingly the 2D colossal looks a ten times better than it did in season 1
May 19, 2019 3:52 PM

Jun 2016
That was a huge blow to humanity (sorry). Erwin The Greatest Commander of all time! You will be forever remembered! T__T
May 19, 2019 3:54 PM
May 2016
shayed__ said:
I waited years for Erwins sacrificial speech. Glad that it wasn't a let down. This and the first episode are the best ones so far. Next week will be huge. I heard that all of the top tier animators will be on that episode. Also seeing 2D Colossal is just so refreshing and beautiful.

Where did you hear that?
May 19, 2019 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
This is too sad but I can't see any other way to escape.
May 19, 2019 4:05 PM

Nov 2017
Magnificent episode!

The violence of Eren who was destroyed by the Colossal Titan! xD

The discussion between Erwin and Levi is CRAZY just like Erwin's speech with the recruits! This charisma CRAZY!
ElyshionDec 13, 2019 3:07 PM
May 19, 2019 4:12 PM

Aug 2012
I just hope that they dont censor the next episode.
please WIT dont ruin the godly scene
May 19, 2019 4:26 PM
Jan 2019
WOW! An episode that made me feel between the sword and the wall.

First, when observing Eren, Mikasa, Jean, Armin, Conie, Sasha you know that this is not going well at all.
Armin, the brain of the team, is in shock and carries a great weight over it because, in the end, his chance to survive depends on him and his strategy.
On the other hand, Jean did not hesitate to take the reins of command when Armin asked him to. He is a worthy soldier of the Legion. Who would think that that arrogant and fearful guy would become a great soldier. Well, I hope Armin comes up with something before it's too late.

It is a pity the situation in which the Legion of Recognition is. I see it where I see it, realistically, most will die for not saying all. I knew this would be a massacre since they left the Wall.
I feel sad. In spite of everything, the flame of hope has not yet died down. They are afraid of dying and of failing, it is true, it is very frustrating !, but they decided to continue fighting. The words of Erwin gave them strength, he did not lie to them or hide anything from them, it was sincere is all he said:
"It is we who give meaning [to the life and sacrifice of our companions]! Only the living can think of those who perished! We will die here and give our meaning to the living! That is the only way to Resist me in this cruel world! Advance, soldiers! Shout, soldiers! Fight, soldiers! " Erwin's words are inspiring and motivate people to keep fighting to the end. Even if there is the slightest chance, you have to take advantage of it, even if it means dying for it, even if that means abandoning your dreams. Great, Erwin! Great, Legion! I take off my hat as a sign of respect and admiration. I hope that their sacrifice will lead them to something much bigger, it will not be in vain. LET'S GO, LEGION! LET'S GO, LEVI! ✊.

With this sadness and emotion I say goodbye. Until the next episode.
May 19, 2019 4:43 PM

Dec 2014
This was epic... I am glad I am only an anime watcher. I get to experience the whole thing <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2019 5:19 PM

Aug 2018
I was sure Erwin would die before having the opportunity to discover what laid in Eren's cellar... seemed like he leaded his very last attack.

Very good episode, this season definetely leveled up the quality !
May 19, 2019 5:25 PM
Nov 2017
To the greatest commander of our time - Erwin!
You will be remembered :'(
Honestly Erwin could tell me to go jump off a bridge and I'd do it.
May 19, 2019 5:38 PM
Mar 2019
episodes that are tense and full of emotion, happy to be able to see a colossal Titan in 2D, OMG Reiner he begins to rise again into the battlefield, sad to see Mikasa and others having to face armor and colossal titan simultaneously, while on the wall side fighting conditions are very bad, tens the soldier died by dozens of stones thrown by titan beast from a distance, once again erwin shouted sasageyo, the final scene was very painful damn, RIP erwin hope you are calm in nature there, don't worry your determination will be passed on to the younger generation, levi says sorry to young soldiers, really touching emotions, overall episode is 10/10
May 19, 2019 5:42 PM
Mar 2019
10 episodes make me thirsty, I want more episodes this season, maybe 24 episodes will make this event perfect
May 19, 2019 5:53 PM

Jan 2018
One of my favorite scenes in the manga - I'm satisfied and at the same time I'm crying cause of Erwin's and the survey corps recruits' death
May 19, 2019 5:56 PM

Jun 2013
Clefairiess said:
This was epic... I am glad I am only an anime watcher. I get to experience the whole thing <3

Dude, believe me, I'm a manga reader and I still feel the epicness of this! Props to wit studio and Daisuke Ono for pulling that off. Hiroshi Kamiya too, damn.
Prepare for next week folks, don't think the epicness only peaks here,
OH BOY CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK EP, LEVIIIIII
May 19, 2019 6:39 PM

Mar 2018
LMAO not today Erwin, not today. So hilarious when those boulders finally hit. This season has been a big mess, WIT is done with AoT. S3 P1 already showed it. Storywise it's still good, getting tired of some characters but it's worth following.
poop
May 19, 2019 6:45 PM
Apr 2016
Rest in peace, Erwin... Well, that was cruel, a run straight to their deaths, a sacrifice... Hopefully Levi's gonna be successful.
May 19, 2019 7:09 PM

Oct 2015
I really don't want Erwin to die, who's going to lead the scouts now, Levi? Speaking of Levi, that guy should be the one that takes down the beast titan and Eren should take on Bertholdt. The way he used those titans to sneak in for the assassination was pretty cool, will always like him even after what he said to Erwin.

Who would want to be a scout in this time?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 19, 2019 8:11 PM
Aug 2018
This was easily the best episode of the series so far, at least for me. This arc is so good.
May 19, 2019 8:37 PM

Dec 2017
Well done, WIT Studio. I shed a tear in this episode. I'm also still having goosebumps from the thrill and terror even though I've read the manga.

Clefairiess said:
I can assure you, manga readers don't experience this episode any less intense, because it's been a long time since the manga chapters were issued and how this anime was very well executed. Yeah, this series really is that good.
electromagnetoMay 19, 2019 8:51 PM
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 19, 2019 8:44 PM
Mar 2019
electromagneto said:
Well done, WIT Studio. I shed a year in this episode. I'm also still having goosebumps from the thrill and terror even though I've read the manga.

Clefairiess said:
I can assure you, manga readers don't experience this episode any less intense, because it's been a long time since the manga chapters were issued and how this anime was very well executed. Yeah, this series really is that good.
yes this series has a lot of fans, I don't wonder if suddenly the fans feel disappointed and run amok on social media, like the case that happened in season 2 before
May 19, 2019 9:13 PM

Aug 2011
This episode far exceeded my expectations, I'll even excuse the jarring CGI because the directing, OST, voice acting, everything was on point.

Erwin reminiscing on his dream and his speech where simply amazing. I even got teary eyed. Pure perfection.
11/10 episode. Easily one of the greatest anime episodes I've ever seen.
May 19, 2019 9:41 PM

May 2015
Definitely the best episode of the season. Erwin is such a badass.

May 19, 2019 9:54 PM
May 2017
Whew that last part hit me HARD; I audibly gasped and teared up a little bit (not a manga reader). The emotional buildup only for everything to come crashing down in that split second was so well done.

I think there's a word or phrase for that that I can't think of right now. Subversion of expectation doesn't seem quite right.
May 19, 2019 10:02 PM

Sep 2018
Perfect game, perfect episode, deserve a perfect score, what a episode AOT is putting the top too much high.
I keep moving forward
May 19, 2019 10:38 PM
we back

Aug 2015
Great episode honestly but holy moly next episode is lookin ten times better.
May 19, 2019 10:49 PM

Mar 2015
I thought Erwin was gonna say "SHINZOU WO SASAGEYO" one last time during the final speech.
It was a good episode nevertheless.
I love nepgear!! *^*
May 19, 2019 10:59 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, i am hopeless, i really dont know how they will handle that!

Colossus titan still impossible to beat, obvious he would kick Eren away after he grab his leg, our hope is waiting for Armin to figure out a weakness!

Beast titan is being a hard foe aswell!

Erwin speech at the end was epic, a suicide charge for distraction while Levi is sneaking between titans!

Looking forward next episode!
May 19, 2019 11:20 PM

Aug 2012
Episode 53 Endcard by Kazuya Nuri

Absolutely amazing episode. Outstanding voice acting by Erwin and even Floch's VA.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMay 20, 2019 7:20 PM
May 19, 2019 11:31 PM
Mar 2019
Limaolc said:
Damn, i am hopeless, i really dont know how they will handle that!

Colossus titan still impossible to beat, obvious he would kick Eren away after he grab his leg, our hope is waiting for Armin to figure out a weakness!

Beast titan is being a hard foe aswell!

Erwin speech at the end was epic, a suicide charge for distraction while Levi is sneaking between titans!

Looking forward next episode!
yes scout legion is in a very difficult position this time, the conditions inside the walls and outside the walls are very bad, splashing with what Erwin said if they want to win this fight, then they have to sacrifice a lot of lives, this operation is the hardest since the first time Titan female was introduced, I hope Erwin will survive and go to the basement, so he can realize his dream
May 20, 2019 12:34 AM

Dec 2018
This season is just turning out to be really amazing....the sheer intensity and epicness is just shaking me up to the core, simply setting a completely new benchmark in terms of quality, that's all I can say. I am starting to wonder whether Attack On Titan will really start to give a strong challenge to FMA:B (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) for the spot of my #1 anime after this season is over. Oof, I kinda still have a hangover of the last episode! O.O

Is Erwin gonna die?!?!?!
345EdwardElricMay 20, 2019 5:47 AM
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
May 20, 2019 12:38 AM

Aug 2013
Lol the last scene shocked me so bad xDDD GREAT episode, expected nothing less.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2019 12:52 AM

Feb 2018
345EdwardElric said:

Is Erwin gonna die?!?!?!

That epic speech meant that he was gonna die.
May 20, 2019 1:06 AM

Oct 2015
Levi's "Give up your dreams and die" made an impression on me years ago in the manga, was really looking forward to this. Although Levi may seem cold, he really values human lives, so this was a really tough decision for him to suddenly send everyone to their deaths.
May 20, 2019 1:07 AM
Jul 2018
345EdwardElric said:
This season is just turning out to be really amazing....the sheer intensity and epicness is just shaking me up to the core, simply setting a completely new benchmark and in terms of quality, that's all I can say. I am starting to wonder whether Attack On Titan will really start to give a strong challenge to FMA:B (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) for the spot of my #1 anime after this season is over. Oof, I kinda still have a hangover of the last episode! O.O

Is Erwin gonna die?!?!?!
Lol its only episode 4 tho.
May 20, 2019 1:13 AM
Mar 2019
this episode is why I'll give AoT season 3 part 2 10 / 10, which I'll probably never ever give to any anime (hope I'm wrong), beyond epic.
May 20, 2019 1:33 AM

Apr 2009
So sad about Erwin :( really the heart of this series for me, I wonder who's gonna take that torch from him... I don't believe that Levi will take Beast down and that makes it even sadder... when does Eren realise he's the Coordinate? Maybe him being on top of the wall now will enable him to see the massacre below, and he's gonna do something unexpected...
The one thing they should've done after blowing Armored's neck up was to drag Reiner out and fricking quarter his body - they've seen regenerating limbs and stuff, why trust that it's enough to blow his upper body up and leave him in this armor?? Stupid.
Also, I find Beast's choice of words weird and puzzling - why "perfect game"? Are they gonna insist that baseball exists in this universe?? Or is it like... are the titans from the other side of the wall in another era? Is it a society that evolved way quicker than our protagonists' and they have things we consider modern (or at least XIXth century) like baseball? But why not modern weapons then?:p Or am I reading too much into it, and it's just an anachronism because the Japanese love baseball so much :p
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 20, 2019 2:00 AM
May 2016
Cenedess said:
So sad about Erwin :( really the heart of this series for me, I wonder who's gonna take that torch from him... I don't believe that Levi will take Beast down and that makes it even sadder... when does Eren realise he's the Coordinate? Maybe him being on top of the wall now will enable him to see the massacre below, and he's gonna do something unexpected...
The one thing they should've done after blowing Armored's neck up was to drag Reiner out and fricking quarter his body - they've seen regenerating limbs and stuff, why trust that it's enough to blow his upper body up and leave him in this armor?? Stupid.
Also, I find Beast's choice of words weird and puzzling - why "perfect game"? Are they gonna insist that baseball exists in this universe?? Or is it like... are the titans from the other side of the wall in another era? Is it a society that evolved way quicker than our protagonists' and they have things we consider modern (or at least XIXth century) like baseball? But why not modern weapons then?:p Or am I reading too much into it, and it's just an anachronism because the Japanese love baseball so much :p
Good questions,

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMay 20, 2019 7:19 PM
May 20, 2019 2:21 AM

Sep 2017
If you wanna know if Erwin dies read the manga ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But apparently yeah, everyone is kinda supposed to die. Like anyone coming out alive of this situation is basically a miracle at this point.
May 20, 2019 2:27 AM
Jan 2019
Is it just me or the episodes feels lot shorter than any anime coz its so fucking amazing
May 20, 2019 2:50 AM

Oct 2015
hellodarknesss said:
If you wanna know if Erwin dies read the manga ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But apparently yeah, everyone is kinda supposed to die. Like anyone coming out alive of this situation is basically a miracle at this point.
Thats all very fun and stuff, but really the only person in danger of actually dying is Erwin (which is already plenty, dont get me wrong). Of course Levi aint dying, nor Mikasa, nor Eren, nor Armin
May 20, 2019 3:54 AM
Mar 2019
Ameen_Aftab said:
Cenedess said:
Good questions,
yeah that's very strange, even in episode 1 they drank something and I'm sure it's cofee, and what do you remember at the end of season 3 part 1, in episode 12 it looks like using a modern dress like a kimono, and in the second season that ymir is a person from outside the wall, where visible soldiers use modern clothing, it is possible that outside the walls there is life and civilization that we do not know, and also bertolt and reiner say that the people in the wall are devils, WTF should not be the opposite, I need a deeper mystery

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenMay 20, 2019 7:18 PM
May 20, 2019 4:03 AM

Sep 2017
Thats all very fun and stuff, but really the only person in danger of actually dying is Erwin (which is already plenty, dont get me wrong). Of course Levi aint dying, nor Mikasa, nor Eren, nor Armin

You'd be surprised (¬‿¬)

You might not feel that way now but trust me, just you wait a few more episodes and tell me those characters will surely survive.

May 20, 2019 4:07 AM

Oct 2015
hellodarknesss said:

You'd be surprised (¬‿¬)

You might not feel that way now but trust me, just you wait a few more episodes and tell me those characters will surely survive.

ahahah I gotta thank you for keeping my intrigue levels up there ^^
May 20, 2019 4:20 AM
May 2019
@Nostalgik In Isayamas defense, I rather him keep a few of the main cast alive so the story doesnt drag and we can get to that damn basement.
May 20, 2019 4:26 AM

Sep 2017
Weebover9000 said:
@Nostalgik In Isayamas defense, I rather him keep a few of the main cast alive so the story doesnt drag and we can get to that damn basement.
lol don't worry you will.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMay 20, 2019 7:18 PM
May 20, 2019 4:32 AM

Apr 2009
Ameen_Aftab said:
Cenedess said:
my long post
Good questions,

oooh so I'm onto something here... Now I'm even more eager to watch next episodes :D

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenMay 20, 2019 7:17 PM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 20, 2019 4:45 AM

Feb 2014
sim0n2170 said:

Is there any site for all the ED cards?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 20, 2019 4:56 AM

Nov 2017
This is what I love about AOT. The execution in terms of emotions and dialogue is just phenomenal, plus Sawano's music score makes every episode epic.
May 20, 2019 5:03 AM

Jun 2014
This episode was just perfect. Best season of AoT (or half season lol) so far. Oh and I'll never understand people's infatuation with the 3D CGI on the colossal titan. It's a bit distracting sure but not even that bad.
May 20, 2019 5:10 AM

Oct 2015
dasprn said:
sim0n2170 said:

Is there any site for all the ED cards?

go for AoT official twitter page
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.