Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novels that deserves to get an anime series

New
Apr 22, 2019 9:25 AM
Jan 2018
Are there any light novels that you believe deserves to get an anime series? Let me know what you think.
Apr 22, 2019 9:41 AM

Jun 2015
I don't follow many LNs, but it's a surprise to me that HakoMari hasn't received an adaptation yet, given it's MAL score. It is not perfect by any means, but tons of much crappier LNs get adapted every season, so what gives? Maybe it's not that popular in Japan, or maybe it's too surreal and it'd be hard to animate?
AnotherGuyApr 22, 2019 9:47 AM
Apr 22, 2019 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
Would like to see Saihate no Paladin get an anime adaptation, one of the rare good isekai out there.
Apr 22, 2019 9:57 AM

Aug 2018
Utsuro no Hako to zero no Maria.....
Apr 22, 2019 10:38 AM

Feb 2013
fact is, nobody ever read any light novel that does not already have an anime, except for hakomari

for some other answer... maybe the death note light novel which gives more development for near and melllo though that kind of one volume novel is not what people usually think of light novels
Apr 22, 2019 12:04 PM

Jul 2013
Does anyone even read LNs that haven't been adapted into anime? People usually get into LNs when an anime adaptation of it ends and they want to know the rest of the story.
Apr 22, 2019 12:09 PM
Jun 2012
I think Psycome would be super interesting if it was done really well in a more adult tone. That’s just me though.
Apr 22, 2019 12:33 PM

Mar 2012
Pseudo meta series like "To Be A Power In A Shadow" and "Is it Though Being a Friend?" would be great. Now I want to include "Lonely Loser, I’ll Become Blonde Frivolous Gyaru’s Favourite" but it is WN. There is also " I Was Kicked out of the Hero’s Party Because I Wasn’t a True Companion so I Decided to Have a Slow Life at the Frontier" which I haven't read since Ruti arc finished. "The Results From When I Time Leaped to My Second Year of High School and Confessed to the Teacher I Liked at the Time" will be good as a fluff.

There are also popular title like "Sevens" and "Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki" on waiting list.

Well they could also animate the rest of Rokujouma and I will be satisfied.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 22, 2019 12:50 PM

Dec 2012
Well, for starters, how about the rest of:

Accel World
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
Alderamin on the Sky
Amagi Brilliant Park
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna
Aruvu Rezuru: Kikaijikake no Yoseitachi
Asterisk War
Baccano
Black Bullet
Boogiepop and Others
Chivalry of the Failed Knight
Chrome Shelled Regios
Crest/Banner of the Stars
Dances With the Dragons
A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives
Date Alive
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody
Denpa Teki na Kanojo
The Devil is a Part-timer
Full Metal Panic
GATE
Ghost Hunt
Grimgar
Haganai
Haruhi Suzumiya
Highschool DXD
Hundred
Hyouka
In Ahother World With My Smartphone
Infinite Stratos
The Irregular at Magic Highschool
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Is This a Zombie?
The Legend of Legendary Heroes
Lord Marksman and Vanadis
Maoyu
Moribito
No Game No Life
Okami-san and Her Seven Companions
Overlord
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Sempai
Re:Zero
Seven Senses of the Reunion
Sky Wizard's Academy
Spice and Wolf
Strike the Blood
Sunday Without God
The Testament of Sister New Devil
That time I got reincarnated as a slime
Tokyo Ravens
Twelve Kingdoms
Tytania
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
KruszerApr 22, 2019 1:06 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Apr 22, 2019 12:54 PM

Nov 2016
That needs to be Shuuen no Shiori. They maybe abandoned the project but still... This light novel deserves anime adaptation. It could become as popular as Yakusoku no Neverland. Especially with this amazing artstyle from music videos.

Kruszer said:

Re:Zero just got second season, so yay!
Kuriko-sanApr 22, 2019 1:46 PM

When you get Signature removed once again.
Apr 22, 2019 12:57 PM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
Czarokruk said:
That needs to be Shuuen no Shiori. They maybe abandoned the project but still... This light novel deserves anime adaptation. It could become as popular as Yakusoku no Neverland. Especially with this amazing artstyle from music videos.

I so agree with this one. x)
KagePro got an anime adaptation, I demand equality for ShuuPro fans. The first 2 volumes could definitely make for a good 12 episodes series.
Apr 22, 2019 1:03 PM

Dec 2012
Czarokruk said:

Kruszer said:

Re:Zero just got second season, so yay!

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Although, I don't read the novels for that one so I'm not sure how far they'll get into it.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Apr 22, 2019 1:06 PM

Dec 2017
HakoMari because it is only LN I have read which doesn't have an adaptation.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 22, 2019 1:13 PM

Oct 2017
86 is pretty good so far. Could see it being adapted eventually.
Apr 22, 2019 1:20 PM

Jul 2009
Dungeon Defense would be boss if done correctly.
Apr 22, 2019 1:27 PM
Apr 2018
Would like to see at least volume 1 of 86 adapted into a movie. It won the 23rd Dengeki Novel Prize and is consistently popular in Japan so an adaptation should come soon. We need more good sci-fi war anime after all.
Apr 22, 2019 1:35 PM

Mar 2012
Decoration Disorder Disconnection comes to mind, by the Fate creator.

And it would be nice to see a lot of the started series continued too.

Also, people do read not adapted light novels, and some prefer to first read and then watch for the ones that do have an anime, because of many rushed adaptations.
Apr 22, 2019 1:36 PM

Jan 2017
Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute
This is a better version of KonoSuba + Overlord
Apr 22, 2019 1:43 PM

May 2009
I'd like to see a Fire Girl anime series.

Also
Kruszer said:

Accel World
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
Alderamin on the Sky
Amagi Brilliant Park
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna
Aruvu Rezuru: Kikaijikake no Yoseitachi
Asterisk War
Baccano
Black Bullet
Boogiepop and Others
Chivalry of the Failed Knight
Chrome Shelled Regios
Crest/Banner of the Stars
Dances With the Dragons
A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives
Date Alive
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody
Denpa Teki na Kanojo
The Devil is a Part-timer
Full Metal Panic
GATE
Ghost Hunt
Grimgar
Haganai
Haruhi Suzumiya
Highschool DXD
Hundred
Hyouka
In Ahother World With My Smartphone
Infinite Stratos
The Irregular at Magic Highschool
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Is This a Zombie?
The Legend of Legendary Heroes
Lord Marksman and Vanadis
Maoyu
Moribito
No Game No Life
Okami-san and Her Seven Companions
Overlord
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Sempai
Seven Senses of the Reunion
Sky Wizard's Academy
Spice and Wolf
Strike the Blood
Sunday Without God
The Testament of Sister New Devil
That time I got reincarnated as a slime
Tokyo Ravens
Twelve Kingdoms
Tytania
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Apr 22, 2019 1:55 PM

Dec 2010
Nidome no Yuusha and Death flag would be nice
Apr 22, 2019 2:55 PM

Jun 2017
What's with all these new adaptation threads?!
Apr 22, 2019 3:39 PM

May 2014
Vamp needs one! I've only read a few chapters, but it's really great.
Apr 22, 2019 4:59 PM

Nov 2013
Zaregoto series or HakoMari adaptations would be great, or you know, just finish the massive amount of incomplete adaptations.
Apr 22, 2019 5:44 PM

Nov 2017
AnotherGuy said:
I don't follow many LNs, but it's a surprise to me that HakoMari hasn't received an adaptation yet, given it's MAL score. It is not perfect by any means, but tons of much crappier LNs get adapted every season, so what gives? Maybe it's not that popular in Japan, or maybe it's too surreal and it'd be hard to animate?

If there's anything the anime medium is well suited to, its surreal narratives, but then again, without the proper budget and talent they might not be able to do it justice, so you could very well be right.
It's not like I like anime or anything.

Apr 22, 2019 6:25 PM

Oct 2015
Frostbytes said:
Would like to see Saihate no Paladin get an anime adaptation, one of the rare good isekai out there.

imagine having a somei alter opinion

OP: none
you can adapt everyone's fav ln
they'll still go

the studio didnt adapt this one scene that is still irrelevant for the past 20 or so vols now, and is only like 5 lines
but cause they cut it out
the adaptation is trash tho
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Apr 22, 2019 7:44 PM

May 2017
Someone mentioned Infinite Stratos. Correct me if I'm wrong but the author seems to have abandoned that light novel series and ended it at volume 8. Both seasons have covered what was written. Date A Live was also mentioned. It just got a season 3, although JC Staff ruined the animation. Black Bullet was also mentioned. I heard the Black Bullet series was also abandoned but I haven't checked myself. I would love to see more of those but abandonment is evidently a problem with light novels. (I can relate though. I've abandoned many stories I've written.)
Apr 22, 2019 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
@AnotherGuy @Skana @Hajime_Hinata @thevagus @Blarey How do you adapt the first volume without giving away the main plot twist?

OT: Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de Aru deserves an anime. Many people consider it the best entry in the series, yet a lot of people who would love it haven't seen it because there's no anime adaptation.
Apr 22, 2019 8:23 PM

Jun 2015
Aldnox said:
How do you adapt the first volume without giving away the main plot twist?

I don't think the first volume would be particularly hard to adapt, as it is fairly straightforward. Some shaded faces and blurry vision would cover the twist IMO. Now imagine the movie theater volume?

But yeah, a lot of the suspense in HakoMari depends on it being a written medium and on you not getting the information all at once. Much of it would probably be lost when translating to anime.
Apr 23, 2019 9:31 AM
a car

Jun 2017
86 should get one, just to see people's reactions. I only read one volume, and in fact I have a feeling that it's just going to devolve into a generic mecha shoot-em-up moving forwards, but I predict that the emotional turbulence of the first volume alone would cause the biggest community mindblow since Re:ZERO.
Apr 23, 2019 2:15 PM
Jul 2018
AnotherGuy said:

Fan of HakoMari here. I also wish it would get an adaptation. I don't recall anything specific about the books that would make it impossible to adapt.

AngryCactus said:
AnotherGuy said:

If there's anything the anime medium is well suited to, its surreal narratives, but then again, without the proper budget and talent they might not be able to do it justice, so you could very well be right.

I wouldn't exactly call HakoMari "surreal". Are there any parts in it specifically that you think would be hard to adapt into animation? If so, what parts?
Apr 23, 2019 2:41 PM

Jun 2015
HopefulNihilist said:
I wouldn't exactly call HakoMari "surreal". Are there any parts in it specifically that you think would be hard to adapt into animation? If so, what parts?

I think it is very surreal at times, specially when it comes to the box and the 'person' that hands it out (don't remember the term they use). There's also the movie theater girl (no spoilers here). I don't remember many specific scenes, it's been a while since I've read it.

It is also very psychological and heavy on the inner monologue (specially the last volume), and that too doesn't translate very well into anime. Can be done, but usually comes out as very cringy.

That said I would love to see the 1st book and the battle royale books (3rd and 4th I think) adapted. They're by far the best and I think would be the easiest to adapt.
Apr 23, 2019 3:06 PM
Mar 2016
Hai to gensou no grimgar: the best isekai ever

86: this is really a great LN

The empty box and zeroth maria : i like this LN, but i don't want to see an anime adaptation
Apr 23, 2019 3:21 PM

Jul 2017
romagia said:
fact is, nobody ever read any light novel that does not already have an anime, except for hakomari

So you mean all the studios adapt light novels that literally no one reads?
あなたは誰?
Apr 24, 2019 5:03 AM

Jul 2016
HakoMari I hope and SAOP to retell the Aincrad arc floor by floor.

Apr 24, 2019 5:41 AM
Sep 2018
NeoAnkara said:
To Be A Power In A Shadow
Very much this, I really want a studio Trigger to animate this.

Also:
Kuzu to Kinka no Qualidea should get a movie.
Gekkou deserves an anime
and Dungeon Defense as well (although it's Korean and will probably never get one)
Apr 18, 2020 10:49 AM
Jan 2018
Woof Woof Story I Told You to Turn Me into a Pampered Pooch Not Fenrir is a light novel I think should get an anime adaptation.
Apr 18, 2020 12:00 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013

Continue to wait...
Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign
(The unexplored summon://blood-sign)
Apr 18, 2020 12:23 PM

Mar 2015
Purple Haze Feedback

Do it DavidPro
Apr 18, 2020 9:35 PM

May 2019
I wonder where is the second season of No Game no Life, there is not a single reason not to do it, c'mon.

Apr 18, 2020 9:40 PM

Feb 2019
The girl who ate a Death god. a low-fantasy setting war story that tells the exploits of an extremely powerful girl who ate a Death God~

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Apr 18, 2020 9:59 PM

Oct 2017
AnotherGuy said:

MAL score isn't a good indicator of what is popular, especially not in Japan
Apr 20, 2020 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
None and by the way, I hate light novels and generic blue comedy. I have yet to see a light novel giving off a strong Sopranos vibe.

More topics from this board

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - Apr 26

23 by Spunkert »»
1 minute ago

» Tell me why older anime is better that newer anime. ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Mar 24, 2021

64 by CosmicDebris-San »»
12 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - Yesterday

13 by LostSpectre »»
25 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 11 hours ago

34 by Spunkert »»
29 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - Yesterday

32 by Abomination_suah »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.