Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 20, 2019 11:46 AM

Oct 2018
Disclaimer: This is not a let's make fun of how many friends someone has type of thread.
I'd appreciate it if you took the time to answer the poll and if your answer(s) ain't there just post below. The following are my personal thoughts and manner of answering the question above:

Personally I'm extremely friendly and consider everyone a possible friend, even those who hate me for no reason or simply looks without even talking to me first. (if they quit trying to troll around) I hate to keep grudges on offensive words some try to give me without getting to know me first. I've had people getting angry at me just because I wouldn't add them back to my friend list. To me a friend isn't someone that ya add on a list, it's that someone who takes the time to talk to you, shares their interests and gets to know ya little by little desu.~☆
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
L0LlApr 20, 2019 11:49 AM

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 2019 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
a true friend is one who knows when im fucking around and goes along with me
Apr 20, 2019 11:52 AM

Jun 2015
I'm actually friendlier than people think, I think. At least I try to be.
Apr 20, 2019 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
IRL; When I'm in a good mood, I think I'm "somewhat" friendly. When I'm not in a good mood then...oh boy, you better run! Run forest!

But, if serious, I'm fair and friendly to all whos fair and friendly with me.

But sometimes, I just can't stand some individuals IRL just because...they are not appealing for me. That's all
Apr 20, 2019 12:24 PM

Jul 2007
About as friendly as anyone wants me to be.
Apr 20, 2019 12:28 PM

Apr 2013
Friendly enough to get out of your business and to leave you alone as I wish to be left alone.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Apr 20, 2019 1:19 PM

Dec 2017
I am somewhat friendly online.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 20, 2019 1:23 PM

Mar 2015
Not friendly at all, I'm dark and edgy af fam.
Apr 20, 2019 1:30 PM

Aug 2014
On MAL, I'm apparently so friendly that I get random friend requests constantly. Not even sure why. Nearly all of them never talk to me, but I approve most of them anyway. In public I'm polite, but usually keep to myself. I used to have lots of IRL friends, but nowadays my only friends are online. (Mostly MAL members. lol...)
Apr 20, 2019 2:30 PM
Feb 2017
SadMadoka said:
On MAL, I'm apparently so friendly that I get random friend requests constantly. Not even sure why. Nearly all of them never talk to me, but I approve most of them anyway. In public I'm polite, but usually keep to myself. I used to have lots of IRL friends, but nowadays my only friends are online. (Mostly MAL members. lol...)

I just hold onto my FRs if I get sent them. It's not like I don't want to be friends with people, rather I don't really know who you are and we can just chat on the forums.
Apr 20, 2019 2:40 PM

Sep 2015
I currently have 5 pending friend requests. I'll ginore them for a couple of months then turn them down. I did that with about a dozen requests last year too. I might accept one if I had a decent talk with the one who sent it. I know 3 out of the 4 on my friend list personally and had a decent argument with the 4th though there were barely any follow-up since then.

I myself never send friend requests, unless I know the person irl.
Apr 20, 2019 2:45 PM

Apr 2012
I'm hyper talkative and a people person in real life. On the internet I'm less talkative, but I'm still a people person. People seem to end up liking me for what ever reason.
Apr 20, 2019 2:51 PM

Oct 2018
Heldengeist said:
I currently have 5 pending friend requests. I'll ginore them for a couple of months then turn them down. I did that with about a dozen requests last year too. I might accept one if I had a decent talk with the one who sent it.
I'm one pending friend request from reaching 69. I wish people would try talking and getting to know me before sending em, it just feels like a simple quest for having the biggest friendlist as if it were a competition, very silly desu.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Apr 20, 2019 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
I try to be usually. My success at it is mixed at best though.
Apr 20, 2019 3:03 PM

Sep 2018
I’m shy and socially anxious as fuck, if it weren’t for that I’d be a lot more friendly. I like friends and add most the ones I get but I just have a hard time initiating conversations and stuff, so we don’t really talk.
Apr 20, 2019 3:24 PM
May 2018
Grow up.

No one is anyone's friend...
Apr 20, 2019 5:07 PM

Sep 2018
Normal friendly offline and online. I do like my quiet time though.
kozy_kevApr 20, 2019 5:10 PM
Apr 20, 2019 5:10 PM

Apr 2019
Normal friendly, but my job requires me to be super friendly so I'm really good at faking it. Most people IRL think I'm super outgoing. In reality, I can't wait to go home and hide in silence.
Apr 20, 2019 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
A little shy when it comes to making real life friends, I've also battled with an anti social personality for a while. But social anxiety symptoms are really what brought that on. At heart I am a nice person who would love to make more friends, though I am more inclined to connect and make friends online than I am in real life, due to shyness, and trouble just releasing my thoughts from my mental safe.
Apr 20, 2019 5:41 PM

Oct 2018
Elderanime said:
Normal friendly, but my job requires me to be super friendly so I'm really good at faking it. Most people IRL think I'm super outgoing. In reality, I can't wait to go home and hide in silence.
Hope you don't mean customer service taking phone calls from morning to late hours at night getting yelled at by most idiot customers who are at fault for not paying their bills on time and making up excuses just so hopefully you'll extend their billing due date and that if ya don't they'll threaten to switch companies and that'll affect your paycheck when it's not your fault until ya have no choice but to quit that job sooner or later.~
T̶o̶o̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶f̶i̶c̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶u̶.̶

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Apr 20, 2019 7:34 PM

Sep 2018
I'm more friendly online that I am irl, mainly because I'm shy and reserved

but yea i like trying to be friendly when I can

Apr 20, 2019 8:01 PM

Nov 2017
"It's nice to be nice!" as that one koopa said in the Mario & Luigi game. I'm generally a friendly and personable fella. Most people can attest to that. It just makes sense to treat people like people, and the way I want to be treated. Okay, I will admit that I have a mean streak, but that's only when someone tries me or someone I care about lol. I'm not the type to start stuff unprovoked.

If by friendly, you mean the amount of friends I have on here... *looks at friend list* yeah, I'm still pretty friendly. Friend request is off though. I don't mind meeting new people and making friends in general, but it'd be nice if we talk first to see if we're compatible as friends. I'm down to talk about anything: doughnuts, writing, travel, music, ethics, waifus, dancing, religion, politics, video games, etc. And I want friends that I can talk to about anything. I like people in general and making connections with them.

But then again, I don't really go out of my way to talk to users on here, lol. Didn't sign up on this site to make friends y'know, but I'm happy I did~
Apr 20, 2019 8:03 PM

Sep 2017
I am mostly a passive and friendly person, just don't get on my bad side :))
Apr 20, 2019 8:12 PM

Mar 2008
I do not know how to measure niceness. I would like to think I am but obviously not always since my sense of humour though I won't do anything cruel. I think compassion and kindness matter more since niceness is more shallow and evem aweful people can be nice which can be deceptive.
Apr 20, 2019 8:19 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I am a cunt, first off. I am aware of this and I do not mind whatsoever. That's the answer to the thread title.

I also have a couple hundred friend requests I've just let sit without ever responding to, just so they can't send them twice.

I admin an 11,000 member club on this site and we share threads a lot, meaning a lot of people are going to see my name in their notifications, and I'm also decently active on the forums and end up in conflict with a lot of people, meaning I probably end up catching the attention of people who disagree with the person I'm going against. These two things combined make it feel like I get a lot of garbage, random friend requests from people who are never going to talk to me at all about anything.

I also use the stats page on anime DB pages a lot, so I don't like having my friends list clogged with people I don't know. It actively makes that much more difficult and useless, and it's one of the most valuable parts of the DB to me.

I accept randoms when I'm in a good mood and it's done on a whim sometimes, but for the most part I just let them rot in waiting unless I know the person beforehand and, y'know, don't dislike them.
ManabanApr 20, 2019 8:23 PM

Apr 20, 2019 9:32 PM
Dec 2010
I don't think the word friendly is the trait that come to mind when describing me. I'm kinda hot and cold. So no.
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Apr 20, 2019 10:11 PM
Aug 2018
It depends on the person I'm supposed to be friendly to.
Apr 21, 2019 3:39 AM

Apr 2015
the poll has sold me on this thread thank you deeply for including it. i am basic friendly 24/7 unless i meet someone who seems 2 be a good egg then i m a lil bit more friendly
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Apr 21, 2019 5:49 AM

Oct 2009
Super friendly I guess probably to my own detriment at times.
Apr 21, 2019 6:18 AM
Apr 2019
Very friendly
But this isn‘t good.
Like: ‚In our society, letting others find out that you're a nice person is a very risky move. It's extremely likely that someone would take advantage of that.‘
Apr 21, 2019 6:30 AM

Oct 2018
Too friendly, but at the same time antisocial.
Apr 21, 2019 9:00 AM

May 2018
I like people except when they are purists, traitors and backstabbers like what I'm experiencing recently.
Apr 21, 2019 4:11 PM

Apr 2018
It's very strange because I'm more shy online than irl.
I'm kind of scared to talk to new peoples that I never see.
Apr 21, 2019 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
i say i'm pretty friendly i'll gladly speak to anyone who isn't a troll or anything though i am a bit shy though
Apr 21, 2019 4:38 PM

May 2015
That's something for other people to decide.
Apr 21, 2019 7:07 PM

Oct 2018
ffangs said:
Very friendly
But this isn‘t good.
Like: ‚In our society, letting others find out that you're a nice person is a very risky move. It's extremely likely that someone would take advantage of that.‘
I've been friendlier in the past but some people have ruined that for me IRL by using, taking advantage of, stepping on and hurting me. If ya look at the bright side it's made me colder inside and that's something ya need to make it through this world in the end. I've gotten good at noticing if someone's faking their emotions or not. I tend to not make myself look too nice or they'll take me as someone that says yes to anything nowadays. I treat everyone with equal respect and if they show me a sign of hostility I'll get rough on em and tell em to quit it right off the bat 'cause I've become less tolerant over time. (unless they're the type that loves to fuck around but in an obvious way for shits and giggles)

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Apr 21, 2019 7:39 PM

Jul 2016
I'm friendly (actively wanting to interact) if I think both of us can get something we want out of it.

Every connection is supposed to be for utility.
Apr 21, 2019 9:10 PM
Apr 2019
Apr 21, 2019 10:14 PM

Jan 2009
i try to be friendly although im not good with social talks at all
Apr 22, 2019 12:41 AM
Jun 2014
I can be friendly once I open up, but I would say I'm a pretty avoidant person at first. I feel like I rely on others too much to initiate conversation and I think some people might get offended by that.
Apr 22, 2019 8:37 AM

Oct 2018
Nothingman94 said:
I can be friendly once I open up, but I would say I'm a pretty avoidant person at first. I feel like I rely on others too much to initiate conversation and I think some people might get offended by that.
I was like that when I was 7 though someone came in and told me to not be afraid to be the one to start a conversation first. They told me that it shows confidence and what not, that the other person will feel like someone noticed them eehee.~

Ps: Konichiwa and thanks for posting on this thread. (loving the different outcomes of the poll so far)

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Apr 22, 2019 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
@ewc is all i need uwu
but i have good intentions irl but it comes out sarcastic and mean so i wouldnt consider myself nice really
Apr 22, 2019 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
cluclu said:
@ewc is all i need uwu
but i have good intentions irl but it comes out sarcastic and mean so i wouldnt consider myself nice really

im going 2 cum BLOSHES >///< (had 2 make this longer so filler xDDDDDDDDD)
Apr 22, 2019 2:08 PM

Jul 2016
i feel like you can be friendly without necessarily having many friends though... that being said,
i don't think i'm a very friendly person. i can be, but i'm much more likely to recluse or disappear
after a while. and i'm really terrible at preserving my friendships too. but i've been lucky enough to
be blessed with really understanding and patient people who're still willing to give friendship a try.

grouper - no other

0:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 3:46

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

⁞⁞⁞ purple cause baal is my wife  ⁞⁞⁞
Apr 22, 2019 2:16 PM

May 2018
I try to be polite as much as possible, being rude is not my type. But still, i'm only 'friendly' towards people who share something in common with me and i want to establish some bond with them, if not, i try to talk only the necessary in a respectful way.
Apr 22, 2019 3:00 PM
Aug 2016
I am the most friendlier person I know, as long as nobody annoys me in any kind of way.
Apr 22, 2019 10:43 PM

Apr 2019
I'd like to think I'm friendly but it's usually more difficult to talk to people than I anticipate
Apr 22, 2019 11:22 PM

May 2016
i'm pretty friendly and polite i don't see myself being the opposite to strangers for no reason

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Apr 23, 2019 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
Normal, I guess. I tend to be polite and helpful to some degree, as long as people don't take advantage of it and if it's accurate to the relationship I have with them. One person I barely know asked me to borrow them almost 300 €. Haha... dear, fuck no, I won't see that money ever again, I guess.
It depends on the person, if I'm friendly, because I don't see the reason why I should consider everyone as a friend (like you said). I don't have the motivation to see them as friends with no reason.
Although I'm polite as long as they are and I also found ways to tell profs and bosses what's on my mind without becoming impolite to them.
removed-userApr 23, 2019 7:41 AM
Apr 23, 2019 7:54 AM

Jan 2016
I'm at least friendly enough to greet acquaintances and ask how they are when I see them. But when it comes to forming friendships, I'm very careful as to who I open up to. I have extremely strict criteria that must all be fulfilled before I dare call someone a friend.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

39 by _Nette_ »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

32 by DesuMaiden »»
20 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Yesterday

18 by DesuMaiden »»
24 minutes ago

» What jobs do you all have? ( 1 2 )

AnxiousMike - Feb 11, 2023

81 by DesuMaiden »»
25 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

316 by DesuMaiden »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.