Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 14, 2019 3:18 PM

Feb 2014
agree people are hating on it for no good reason. we've only seen 2 episodes so far, obviously unfair to judge it as a whole.
i have no issue with the story or animation yet. i dont mind the cgi. plus ive seen worse anime with better scores, so.
honestly itll jump back up to 7 in a few weeks
https://myanimelist.net/anime/39063/Fairy_Gone/stats?m=all&show=75 plus the majority are voting either 6 7 or 8 so
fairyApr 14, 2019 3:27 PM
Apr 14, 2019 4:18 PM

Aug 2016
Why do you even take MAL average scores serioulsy at this point?
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Apr 14, 2019 5:39 PM
Jun 2017
What are you expecting from this series a score of 8/10... hahaha... thats way high for me for this series...

For me its current rating is fine with that, i mean its a good series but i dont see a reason for why you will score it at >8 in MAL rating list.
Apr 14, 2019 10:52 PM
Oct 2014
This started to become a problem when official streaming became popular and anime became a bit more mainstream (~2011?).

Something like Gunparade March would probably get a low 5 score these days while something like Chaos Dragon would probably have been rated ~6.6 back then.

If someone believes a show is just 'average' they appear to be more likely to just give it a 1-4 score now which should generally be for shows you absolutely hate and don't believe they have any redeeming features.
Apr 15, 2019 5:34 AM

Apr 2018
MAL reviews are memes, MAL scores are memes, MAL is a meme
Apr 21, 2019 9:53 PM
Jul 2009
This show is trash so the low score is fine.
Apr 22, 2019 1:45 AM
Sep 2017
if you took into account that 6 is theorically "fine", it should be enough for this anime which is not that bad but really not a masterpiece either. But then you realize that this anime is under a censored hentai and that one shit pierrot plus made and it just seems pretty unjust.
Apr 22, 2019 7:45 AM

Dec 2012
But it's still better than Tate no Yuusha
Apr 22, 2019 10:00 AM
Oct 2018
the anime could just suck lmao

you are getting hung on the scores of animes.
legit, it can get a higher score when it finishes.

run with the wind had a 7.4/10 at the start and got 8.5/10 at the end. it is possible.

i understand people just automatically rate it low, but thats an OPINION, which is theres and theres only.
Apr 24, 2019 12:34 AM

Mar 2012
Rorek said:
But it's still better than Tate no Yuusha

It's not really difficult
Apr 24, 2019 1:14 AM
Oct 2015
Can I add my firrst post on MAL and likely unpopular opinion? I don't care if people dislike this anime. I find my weekly watches from me trying out shows and picking them up accordingly. MAL ratings never factor into what I pick. The CGI threw me off at first but I actually kinda like how it's primarily used on fairy related shit. taking the CGI out of the picture the animation is pretty top notch. I don't care if people review bomb this with 1's, I'll still watch it.
Apr 24, 2019 2:44 PM
Aug 2018
The score should be even lower lul
Apr 24, 2019 3:37 PM

Sep 2014
Fayteco said:

lul but it will get lower my boi. Worry not. You can be reassured. The wannabe critics will justify rating this show 1-4.
Apr 28, 2019 6:08 PM

Aug 2017
Cheeza said:
Yes,I agree. This is becoming so ridiculous at this point but like you said there is nothing much that can be done apart from not allowing any rating below 3 and above 9. At this point if people are looking for reliable ratings they need to look for other sites.

Any suggestions? I find places like IMDB suck for anime and Reddit isn’t much better
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Apr 28, 2019 9:52 PM
Apr 2017
I dont care about rating or about people thinking. as long as this anime intereseting for me ill watch it. It still better for me than harem echi in this season who get higher rating thsn this show. Lol
Apr 28, 2019 11:19 PM

May 2010
It doesn't matter how other people here rate a series because I personally think that in the end MAL rating is somewhat accurate. 6~6.99 is under category of "fine" which is not "bad (4)".

I don't go into detail cuz I'm poor at explaining thing but I personally think the series is totally "fine", it's not good because there's bad part, it's not average because there's some quality in it.

I always give a chance to series (finished) that's rated above 5.5 but skip anything below that.

Apr 28, 2019 11:27 PM
Mar 2019
it always has been or you're just noticing it now?
Apr 29, 2019 5:40 PM
Feb 2012
As a fan of P.A., i have to say that the score is pretty accurate. The MAL score works fine. It shows the probability of someone enjoy the show, lower than 7 is harder, above 8 is easier, not its actual value. It is rare to find anime below 5 because if you can watch it till the end, it wanst be that bad. That is the reason for some anime score get higher when it is finished. Also, if you think that yo wont like, you will avoid it. If you stop and think that "Mars" is the bottom of the pit, you will see that is actually rare to see actual trash anime. It is impossible to find anime beyond 9.5 for the same reason: it is impossible to please everybody, and if you could, it would be an universal classic of dramartugy;
Apr 29, 2019 6:25 PM

Feb 2015
The argument has merit, however suggesting the admins disable 1/10 and 10/10 ratings as any sort of solution or hope of positive or ideal outcomes is the idea of a fucking idiot that will solve literally nothing. Suggesting admins disable scores such as 3< or >9 is equally stupid, you'll just get an artificially maintained score, which you can trust even less than the current system.

The users of this fucking site seem unable to math or read the ratings associated with each score number. 5/10 is average, this manga is average at best. While the extreme ratings of this anime and most anime are usually undeserved, the average score, at least in the case, is well more than deserved.

I understand what the mean scores and average scores of MAL are, but mathematically and by the site's own guidelines, they're inflated. Ratings on this site have always been a joke, and taking the joke seriously and suggesting the stupid solutions such as disabling certain scores or to higher professional reviewers is incredibly fucking stupid. Learn to use your brain and judge anime on your own instead of taking the opinions and often arbitrary ratings of other degenerates on the internet so seriously and personally. There are literally no websites with consistent or logical ratings, anime or not.
Apr 30, 2019 4:56 AM
Mar 2018
An_Addict said:
1. 6.7 is an extremely generous score for an anime of this quality 6.7 is considered above average. animeplus has most common score set at 7 neglecting the lower part of the scale. The 1-10 scale exists for a reason
No no no, if this quality getting 6-7 is called to be generous then Aku no hana and many other shitty quality shows should be nowhere near 4, I would rather say 1-10 scale exists to be ABUSED
May 2, 2019 12:03 AM

Mar 2012
i've always thought it was weird we could rate a show before it ended. reviews are okay, if tagged as preliminary, but rating it???
it would be much better if we could only rate completed shows.
May 2, 2019 12:30 AM

Jan 2009
fukumenkei said:
i've always thought it was weird we could rate a show before it ended. reviews are okay, if tagged as preliminary, but rating it???

this was suggested a lot actually, heck some even suggest users can still rate ongoing shows but those ongoing shows will not count on the top rankings

its a good idea both ways but make an exception on those long running anime though
May 2, 2019 12:38 AM

Mar 2012
deg said:
fukumenkei said:

this was suggested a lot actually, heck some even suggest users can still rate ongoing shows but those ongoing shows will not count on the top rankings

its a good idea both ways but make an exception on those long running anime though

they could have two rankings too, one for ongoing and another for completed series. something like they have for series/movies/OVA's.
May 2, 2019 12:41 AM

Jan 2009
fukumenkei said:
deg said:

they could have two rankings too, one for ongoing and another for completed series. something like they have for series/movies/OVA's.

ye that too, just remove All Anime or Top Anime ranking and just add Top Completed Anime there since there is already Top Airing for ongoing shows anyway, i might suggest that now if i do not find a similar thread about it on the suggestions forum
May 2, 2019 12:49 AM

Mar 2012
deg said:
fukumenkei said:

ye that too, just remove All Anime or Top Anime ranking and just add Top Completed Anime there since there is already Top Airing for ongoing shows anyway, i might suggest that now if i do not find a similar thread about it on the suggestions forum

the ratings never bothered me much because i've always thought they were extremely unreliable because of this. i usually look for the number of drop-outs and compare to the people who completed it first.
but that is a pretty good idea. the only thing that have to keep in mind is that aftee an anime is finished, only people with them on their finished lists would count on ratings.
May 4, 2019 4:29 PM

Dec 2013
Hrybami said:
Fayteco said:

lul but it will get lower my boi. Worry not. You can be reassured. The wannabe critics will justify rating this show 1-4.

Not a critic but this anime is pretty shit, so... you know.
May 5, 2019 4:17 AM

Jul 2011
This will become one of those "underrated gems", I've seen a lot (literally) series which been doing much worse than this, yet their scores are better.

In the end you are the one who will watch anime, and when it's finished airing, you will know by then how did you enjoy or hated it (if not dropped earlier), don't give scores what rest give for it (if there are people like that...), choose by yourself!
GaichiMay 5, 2019 4:30 AM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
May 5, 2019 3:44 PM
Apr 2016
"HAS"? It has been so since time immemorial. Yet, this particular series is just one pebble above... nothing. Nothing in artistic value. Just a bunch of recycled ideas, lack of proper directing and events they could not properly craft into a logical, wholesome narrative. Episode 5 just shoves the nail into it. The only redeeming feature is Know_Name, who, for some reason, got on a... WELL TRAINWRECK.
Re:formed
May 5, 2019 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
I don't understand why people care so much about scores to begin with. Does Code Geass R2 deserve an 8.94? Fuck no. In the case of Fairy Gone, I feel the current score of 6.27 is fair, since it's only a little above average if I'm to be generous.

GarLogan78 said:
Putting this anime aside, I have taken a few years off of anime. I really think when I left the mean score for anime was often 7.4 or so. Now every season TONS of shows are below 7s, and even in the 5 range. I feel like the whole system is skewing lower over time.

Isn't that a good thing though? 5 is supposed to be "average", so the average show should indeed be a 5.
May 6, 2019 1:35 AM
Oct 2016
LMAO. Dude this anime is an unmitigated disaster, like most PA Works anime. They are notorious for turning good ideas into flaming dumpster fires. I guarantee you if you got 'unbiased reviewers' to score this the show would have a lower score than it does now, because the anime so far is complete dogshit.

Who the fuck decides what to watch based on score anyway? One of my favourite anime this season is scored 5.84. Do you see me complaining and calling for 'unbiased reviewers'? No, because it doesn't fucking matter what score MAL gives an anime. If you enjoy it, who gives a fuck.

Seriously grow the fuck up man, this is pathetic.
Eiruki17May 6, 2019 1:59 AM
May 6, 2019 6:39 AM

Sep 2014
Escaethorne said:
I don't understand why people care so much about scores to begin with. Does Code Geass R2 deserve an 8.94? Fuck no. In the case of Fairy Gone, I feel the current score of 6.27 is fair, since it's only a little above average if I'm to be generous.

GarLogan78 said:
Putting this anime aside, I have taken a few years off of anime. I really think when I left the mean score for anime was often 7.4 or so. Now every season TONS of shows are below 7s, and even in the 5 range. I feel like the whole system is skewing lower over time.

Isn't that a good thing though? 5 is supposed to be "average", so the average show should indeed be a 5.

5 is theorically average. Actually, the mean rating for the shows on MAL is 6.88 https://graph.anime.plus/s/globals

If the mean rating on MAL would be 5.00, then yes I'd say that 6.27 is a good score. However it's not the case and it would never reach 5.00 because people just naturally prefer to watch things they enjoy. So the final result has to be above average.

What you want is probably a equal proportion of the shows ranged of 0% to 100%. Which mean that 50% (5.00) would be the set bar for the a theorically "average" show.

The lowest rated show on MAL is 1.90 from Skelter Heaven and it is ranked at 10744. This ranking would be the set bar for the 0% (0.00). The set bar for the 50% (5.00) would be the anime ranked at 5372 which is https://myanimelist.net/anime/3436/Meme_Iroiro_Yume_no_Tabi . A show with a score of 6.63. So with that. a quick math could tell me that Fairy Gone which is ranked at 7009 is 34% (3.48).

I did the same math for TV anime exclusively: 3661 is the lowest ranked TV anime. https://myanimelist.net/anime/34223/Forest_Fairy_Five while Fairy gone is at 3070.
In the end, for TV anime series alone, Fairy Gone would have a score of 16% (1.61) which is extremely low and far from the observed average.

So if the average score on MAL would indeed be 5.00, then I'd say that yes 6.27 is not a bad score, but currently the data tells that Fairy Gone is ranked amongst the lowest anime they can reach. This means that Fairy Gone stands on about the same level of those unwatchable shorts and experimental anime that have almost no redeeming feature.

Well, scores changes anyway, so in the end, when the show will be done airing, I'll expect its score to turn around a 7.00 (6.8 to 7.2)
KryzakamiHrybamiMay 6, 2019 6:44 AM
May 6, 2019 7:28 AM

Sep 2016
Its pretty boring for me and with a stupid MC like the girl, a 6-7 is the best it can get. I think the rating's fine, its mediocrity at its finest as of now. So far its a 5 for me(would've been a sure 7 if that Maria girl didn't exist), will definitely give it a higher rating if it manages to entertain me more by the end.

EDIT : it seems like most people agree that the current rating is fine lmfao git gud OP.
NothinComplexPlsMay 6, 2019 7:32 AM
May 6, 2019 9:27 AM

Dec 2014
Eiruki17 said:

Who the fuck decides what to watch based on score anyway? One of my favourite anime this season is scored 5.84. Do you see me complaining and calling for 'unbiased reviewers'? No, because it doesn't fucking matter what score MAL gives an anime. If you enjoy it, who gives a fuck.

Pretty much this. This entire thread is based on the laughable conclusion that ratings matter and are being weaponized by evil people and MAL needs to step in to stop it. It's absurd.
May 6, 2019 6:14 PM
Jul 2018
Hrybami said:
Escaethorne said:

If the mean rating on MAL would be 5.00, then yes I'd say that 6.27 is a good score. However it's not the case and it would never reach 5.00 because people just naturally prefer to watch things they enjoy. So the final result has to be above average.

Personally I feel my own scores are skewed higher by all the shows I drop early and dont rate. You've also got to remember a lot of people hand out 9s and 10s as if they don't know any other score. I certainly used to do that, only reserving 1s for shit I really hated.

DiscoMilf said:
Eiruki17 said:

Pretty much this. This entire thread is based on the laughable conclusion that ratings matter and are being weaponized by evil people and MAL needs to step in to stop it. It's absurd.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2019

51 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Feb 18, 2022 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

72 by JaniSIr »»
Jan 23, 2022 7:58 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

65 by JaniSIr »»
Jan 23, 2022 7:18 AM

» Is this worth watching?

removed-user - Oct 7, 2021

6 by Pangolin44 »»
Nov 3, 2021 8:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2019

51 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.