Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 8, 2019 12:10 PM
Apr 2011
AquaralSS said:
I only watched it because

1. I watched Cross Game
2. I watched H2.
3. I did not watch TOUCH.

all 3 animated series is from the same author.

Anime is about romance, friends, and slice of life over baseball.
Baseball is not the main focus of the anime, but its only a subject to make use of slice of life theme. Seen both, i can clearly say, i watch this anime is not because of baseball, but because the slice of life the anime able to point it out, which i think is very boldly well explained and entertained to watch at the same time.

Touch is the best out of the 3! what're you waiting for D:

H2 manga is way better than the anime.
and Cross Game is very good too but idk the whole doppleganger thing really wasnt doing it for me
Apr 8, 2019 12:13 PM
Apr 2011
raven2000 said:
Auvrish said:
I thought the girl will be neighbor again not their sister . now how will they make the love triangle?

Easy, there will be another girl who transfers into the school. Maybe when they get to high school?

Then there will be a love triangle with Tou/Shou/new girl. Plus the sister is possibly not related to Tou, so she might have feelings for him too?

Note, I haven't read the manga, though I have watched/read Cross game and H2. This author follows the same formula every time.

They're not blood related.
Apr 9, 2019 3:09 PM

Mar 2015

Just a thought. I am very curious to this whole reason as much as Ichiban is hahahhaa
Apr 11, 2019 9:27 AM

Jul 2014
So far so good, has the same chill type character vibes like cross game since both were made by the same author, I may just keep up with this.
I don't really dig Dia ace that much but I love Major, I like MC's that has a fast pitch.
Apr 11, 2019 7:01 PM
Jun 2014
looking good but when I saw it's only 12 eps, feeling sad especially touch and cross game have a decent amount of episodes
Apr 13, 2019 11:40 PM

Apr 2013
I'm like 90% sure one of the siblings is going to die. Hopefully they don't though.
Apr 14, 2019 8:16 AM

Jun 2013
Very old school but good episode!
Apr 18, 2019 3:49 PM
Jan 2018
I liked it a lot, nothing to complain.
Apr 19, 2019 6:01 PM

Dec 2010
Always been a big fan of Adachi Mitsuru, I have confidence this show will be equally good.

The music that played when Touma started pitching was just epic.
Apr 29, 2019 6:05 AM

Oct 2012
Uchida Maaya and Uchida Yuuma is in one anime along with Kaji Yuki
Sure no bad things will happen xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 3, 2019 10:07 PM
Oct 2012
So it's called Mix cuz it is essentially a mix between Touch, H2, and Miyuki. There's 2 male and female leads like in H2 and there's a step-sibling romance like in Miyuki. The Touch element is made blatantly obvious so no explanations needed.

Noriko Hidaka does sound old as the narrator though. Not sure if it's just cuz she's old now or if she's just doing that on purpose to fit in with the story since she probably suppose to represent Minami in some way. I know for sure that these voice actors are perfectly capable of still sounding young even in their old age.
AsapJun 3, 2019 10:14 PM
Jun 3, 2019 10:11 PM
Oct 2012
Delsoonbye said:
raven2000 said:

Easy, there will be another girl who transfers into the school. Maybe when they get to high school?

Then there will be a love triangle with Tou/Shou/new girl. Plus the sister is possibly not related to Tou, so she might have feelings for him too?

Note, I haven't read the manga, though I have watched/read Cross game and H2. This author follows the same formula every time.

They're not blood related.

Lol, this author does use the same formula every time, and he admits it and jokes about it, even proud of it. It works though, and I can't help but love it. As I mentioned, this one is named Mix cuz it's a mix between Touch, H2, and Miyuki so it's blatantly on purpose.
AsapJun 3, 2019 10:18 PM
Jun 16, 2019 9:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Seems fairly interesting! I haven’t seen any of the iconic and popular baseball shows like H2, Cross Game or Touch before so it’s a unique and very investing experience for me to try a show of this genre! Adachi is praised to be an excellent writer too so looking forward to seeing what this show has in store for us.

Art style is pretty old but I’ve no qualms with that, it just somehow suits the story wonderfully (first impression-wise). Mixed feelings about the narrator though, like it’s nice to have female at it but some of the moments just felt awkward I suppose. Characters seem like an interesting bunch too especially the twins, lol @ the two arguing over which is the older one and the controversy of the walk to school. It’s a little strange that they aren’t twins despite being born on the same day and a staggering 10 minutes apart, there’s definitely something more to that. It’s a little surprising that Tou is the third pitcher though considering how the others’ reacted, seems like this school does have a few gems indeed. Interesting family too with the borderline perverted father, cool mother and the meddlesome sister who seems to enjoy baseball a fair lot. I’m looking forward to seeing how things will progress from here on!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 21, 2019 6:05 AM

Aug 2008
So many of these characters look EXACTLY like the ones from Cross Game. This could be confusing. Hope the plot isn't as similar as the characters are drawn.
Jul 7, 2020 4:30 AM

Feb 2017
Finally started watching this. Don't you think the expressions and the dialogue are a bit slower than usual? Even for Adachi Mitsuru.
Aug 8, 2020 7:46 AM

Jul 2015
Mix lives up to its name so far with some elements (like character designs) from Adachi's previous works (H2, Touch, Cross-game). Oh man they better have the legend Harada in this story, pretty hyped to see him 30 years older if they did that. I wonder why Nikaidou gets that preferential treatment while they got Touma who showed a pretty incredible pitch here.

Aug 23, 2020 7:51 PM
Apr 2016
Looking fairly promising so far, Mix! Watching this right after finishing Touch gives a rather strange but gratifying feeling, gotta say!
Oct 11, 2021 1:33 PM

Jan 2018
After watching all of Touch just recently I thought I might as well watch Mix since it takes place some 30 years after the events of Touch in the same universe. I was ecstatic that there was a sequel that released very recently. Let's just hope this isn't a cashgrab.
I wonder how many people watched this without ever watching/reading Touch.

I absolutely loved the intro. I believe in the 4th Touch movie it was mentioned Tacchan won it all at Koushien but that was non-canon. Didn't think it'd make it into canon. I ranted a lot in Touch forums about not a single match from Koushien being shown. But now that I think about it, it probably would've been boring without interesting rivals and Minami being away. Now on to, Mix...

"Sou-chan" and "Tou-chan", huh. Alongside their little sister Otome-chan. It's gonna take me a while to remember all these new names dropped in the first episode. I might accidentally start referring them as Tacchan, Kacchan and Minami. Tou and Sou seemed like twins at first but looks like they're not. Touch had an amazing love triangle in Part I (which was the whole reason I started watching this sports anime, the romance) and this could make some interesting dynamic of its own among the three main characters who are siblings.

Personally I don't mind the artstyle of this anime. But I think it could've done better than "old artstyle if it was made in modern times". The character design can be confusing and can be hard to distinguish between others until you get used to them. Touch's artstyle worked really well cause it was made in the 80's, I'm not sure how much it'd stand out if it was made today. So this probably wasn't a good idea from the studio's part. But that might be because the manga was like this too. At first I thought Mix was anime-original until there was a frame in the episode with a manga magazine with Mix in the cover. I'll always find these 4th wall breaks strange. (seriously it could've been any Adachi Mitsuru work other than Touch)

The first half of the first episode was pretty uneventful after the OP, standard introductory stuff alongside hints at Tou and Sou not being biological brothers. Second half was slightly better. I'm glad Natsuno Ichiban isn't a comic relief character who's all talk no show. That was a good way to break a cliché.
The coach of the current Meisei baseball club is bad. And I don't mean Demon Coach Kashiwaba bad. At least that guy seemed to know what he was doing. But this guy doesn't seem like he cares by intentionally displacing one of the Tachibana brothers (not familiar with the names yet despite different faces) from pitching. But there's probably more going on with him because of the way he treats the current ace of the team.

Man I'm pretty excited for the next episode. It looks like the Tachibana siblings received Tacchan's old baseball uniform! I really hope some of the Touch characters will make cameos in the series even if they're not major parts of the story. MAL already spoiled me that Nishimura might be in the show through the cast. And yes, I could tell immediately that Minami did the narration for the story. She doesn't sound like she aged one bit! I'd love to see her again. I feel damn nostalgic even though I only finished the Touch anime series (101 episodes) like a month ago. So far there's no serious tone to this. I'm a bit disappointed it only has 24 episodes though, I'm not saying 24 episode anime can't be good though. It's just that other Adachi Mitsuru work seem to be way longer. And the manga of this is probably longer than anime too? This is the only thing that's getting my worried. Maybe this anime has no filler.
I might watch Cross Game later if this story doesn't satisfy me.
0451Oct 11, 2021 9:53 PM
Feb 18, 12:46 AM

Jan 2021
Yeah another Adachi's series!!
I already love Ichiban lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mix Episode 3 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 20, 2019

13 by Clonemax2008 »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:23 AM

Poll: » Mix Episode 24 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Sep 28, 2019

24 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 10:16 PM

Poll: » Mix Episode 23 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Sep 14, 2019

14 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 9:59 PM

Poll: » Mix Episode 22 Discussion

ropiel - Sep 7, 2019

9 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Mix Episode 21 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Aug 31, 2019

13 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 9:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.