Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2019 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting, during this trip in the finale, they gave Fuutarou some screen time with Itsuki, the first quintuplet girl he met. Really wish he didn't fall asleep though lol

Reflecting on the events up to this episode, I think it's great way of showing everything together again in a very brief recap. Felt like the character chemistry was stellar in this anime and while the story isn't finished (manga continues), it's still really well executed. Definitely among my favorite harem/rom-coms this in recent years.

Mar 28, 2019 11:26 AM

Dec 2017
and so it comes to an end. tbh, a pretty decent adaptation in terms on animation. sadly, wasn't on the same level as, for example, Nisekoi from Shaft. especially after reading the manga, i just can't help but be bothered how inferior it is compared to the art in the manga, but oh well

was a good watch for the VAs, especially for Miku's "Fuutarou" :з. the VA was probably the best part of the show, they all nailed the character temperaments

s2 would be nice, probably will happen the next time they wanna boost the manga sales. i just hope it won't meet the same fate as Nisekoi did...
Mar 28, 2019 2:41 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Thats some idea that Miku has there though lol. So the cold that Futaro got from his sister was also passed to the others huh. To think that Itsuki was actually disguised as Ichika though. It was cute seeing her blush though. Nino's crush on Kintaro sure is strong though. Miku's talk with Ichika sure was fun as was seeing how the rest of the sisters felt after seeing Futaro become ill. The five having the same idea of visiting Futaro sure was nice to see. Nice to see the wedding get an expansion though. And what a beautiful scene as well. So during the bonfire all five held his hand huh. The final scene sure was the best scene to end the series with lol. An excellent final ep that did well to show just how much the bonds between the cast has advanced over the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2019 2:42 PM

Dec 2018
So we had the wedding but no closure to whom he married... meh, hope it gets S2 anyway.
Mar 28, 2019 2:42 PM
Oct 2018
I was eager to watch the anime every single week and damn it was so much fun.

But who did he end up with lol. Since all of them where the same at a much younger age during the flashbacks at some parts of the anime.
Mar 28, 2019 2:56 PM

Sep 2018
God please let the bride be Miku......

Really nice ending of season 1,hope for season 2...
FarmaceutMar 28, 2019 3:05 PM
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 28, 2019 3:13 PM
Nov 2015
I they would confirm Itsuki as the one even though it is not totally defined in the manga yet. But them everyone held his hand in the end. It's better this way.
Mar 28, 2019 3:13 PM

Feb 2015
I've loved every minute of this series and looked forward to it every week. It really needs a second season and I want to know which one he picks.

This is probably the best rom com harem show in many years imo. 9/10
Mar 28, 2019 3:14 PM
Aug 2010
Well well well well n hell, the fact is, the biggest hints towards Itsuki in the end, as like, the first one of them is the winner, on the other hand, it feels like a teaser which did second seasons queueing. Interesting indeed. who knows who knows
Mar 28, 2019 3:22 PM

Oct 2010
Honestly the best "Harem" I've seen in years. No over-the-top lewdness, it worked well with the tropes of the genre and ALL the girls were actually great. I loved it. From what I understand this got close to the source so if we get a S2 it will be awhile. I hope we do >.<
Mar 28, 2019 3:28 PM

Feb 2015
Kougeru said:
Honestly the best "Harem" I've seen in years. No over-the-top lewdness, it worked well with the tropes of the genre and ALL the girls were actually great. I loved it. From what I understand this got close to the source so if we get a S2 it will be awhile. I hope we do >.<

Nah I already asked this apparently there is more than enough for another season.
Mar 28, 2019 3:34 PM

Nov 2016
This was such a good episode and honeslty one of the better opening endings I've seen.

I didn't like this series at first and it took me a bit to warm up to the characters, but once I was into it I really enjoyed the silliness and the more or less well executed romantic moments.

Will pick up the manga for sure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 28, 2019 3:35 PM

Mar 2012
A nice and pleasant series with cool humor and interesting moments. All the sisters are beautiful and unique in their own way, but I remain at my choice that Miku is the best.

Score: 8/10
Mar 28, 2019 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
Story wise, decent adaptation but honestly, the art doesn't really do any justice compared to the manga's art. Hopefully we will get second season since the story gets quite better from here too.
Mar 28, 2019 3:50 PM

Aug 2014
So in the end he never chose anyone? im confused as all hell about that last episode.
Mar 28, 2019 3:54 PM
Jan 2015
Good adaption, could have been great if the art and animation were more consistent. And looking at the bride, she looks like either Miku or Nino.
My Queens

Mar 28, 2019 3:55 PM
Jun 2014
Haruko_Miya said:
So in the end he never chose anyone? im confused as all hell about that last episode.

He obviously chose someone, but the name is not gonna get revealed until the end of the manga.

This is not the last time we see a flashforward to the wedding though, since technically the whole series is a flashback about how Fuutarou met and hooked up with his future bride. So until her identity is revealed, the best you can do is root for your favorite, and bank on clues or develeopment with her.
Mar 28, 2019 3:56 PM

Aug 2015
I don't really understand most of this episode. The whole person swap thing didn't make any sense. And the whole campfire thing. And then the whole wedding and they still don't really say who it was.

While I wouldn't mind a season 2, I don't know if the concept really holds enough substance to justify another season.
Either way, it's such a shame that this season ended with such a disjointed episode.
Mar 28, 2019 4:02 PM

Jul 2007
Ep felt such a scam xD When I saw Raiha grown up talking about the wedding and then we see Fuutaro walking in I was sure that we are gonna get the name of the bride. I thought it was gonna be Itsuki. Luckily (???) we didn't get a name. Through the course of the anime I completely ruled out Yotsuba and Ichika. I have no freaking idea about the other 3. Obviously I'm rooting for Miku!!!
Mar 28, 2019 4:14 PM
Feb 2019
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm sure Futaro will marry Itsuki in the end, it's obvious.
I mean, she's the fifth sister, she's the one who was introduced first (and the first one who encounter Futaro).
Her relationship with futaro is bad in the beginning, but with time these two come closer to each other (like Raku and Chitoge in Nisekoi).
And then, more generally, the first girl introduced in all harem anime is always the one who goes out with the MC at the end (the only exception I know is Ichigo 100%).
Mar 28, 2019 4:18 PM

Feb 2015
Setsky1 said:
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm sure Futaro will marry Itsuki in the end, it's obvious.
I mean, she's the fifth sister, she's the one who was introduced first (and the first one who encounter Futaro).
Her relationship with futaro is bad in the beginning, but with time these two come closer to each other (like Raku and Chitoge in Nisekoi).
And then, more generally, the first girl introduced in all harem anime is always the one who goes out with the MC at the end (the only exception I know is Ichigo 100%).

There was Shuffle! As well that went with a non standard choice. Problem is that show is a big steaming pile if shit

I honestly think the author is keeping his options open until the end.
Mar 28, 2019 4:19 PM
Jun 2017
I can just say, it's one of the best cliffhanger endings you will find in a romance harem anime. 🤧❤️ Like it was perfect ._. aw~

The way they added the wedding scenario without disclosing the girl ❤️❤️❤️
#teammiku btw
Mar 28, 2019 4:19 PM

Aug 2014
SogiitaGunha said:
Haruko_Miya said:

He obviously chose someone, but the name is not gonna get revealed until the end of the manga.

This is not the last time we see a flashforward to the wedding though, since technically the whole series is a flashback about how Fuutarou met and hooked up with his future bride. So until her identity is revealed, the best you can do is root for your favorite, and bank on clues or develeopment with her.

Im gonna be honest with you, i dont even know why i watched the series, its not like it was good or anything, its one of those shows you watch on the downlow for eyecandy i guess you could say, as for one to choose, hard to say tbh, whatever works. I guess you could say the outro was pretty catchy, probably the strongest point i'll give it!
Mar 28, 2019 4:20 PM

May 2009
Perfect promo material for the manga. I'll make sure to pick it up soon, the same way I already did with Nisekoi, since I really enjoyed it and it got me hooked.

The only thing that drags this show severely down is the piss poor animation. Holy shit, some episodes looked extremely bad and the drawn characters were inconsistent as hell (alien eye gaps were fairly common).
Mar 28, 2019 4:21 PM

Jan 2014

Mod Edit - Placed manga spoiler in tags.
WolfyrinnApr 2, 2019 9:46 AM
Mar 28, 2019 4:22 PM

May 2009
Damn, this is not nearly enough episodes. I want at least 12 more xD Not sure how long the manga is.
It was an enjoyable and chill anime. Nothing special, but enough to make me want a second season.
Mar 28, 2019 4:33 PM

Jan 2018
Very enjoyable harem. The VA's all did very good, especially Fuutaro's. I'll be suprised if we don't get a S2 considering how popular the manga has been.

Mar 28, 2019 4:38 PM

Jan 2018
Does anyone know if this will get a second season or should i start reading the manga?
At first i needet to watch 3 episodes to getting used to this anime but after that it was enjoyable and fun

Score: 8/10
Mar 28, 2019 4:48 PM

Apr 2015
Damn, Fuutarou really tried hard to not show that he was feeling unwell. I had a feeling that wasn't Ichika at first in last week's episode, today we got the confirmation it was actually Itsuki impersonating Ichika. The scene with the quintuplets holding Fuutarou's hand was really cute and adorable. Eventho Fuutarou's response to their bickering killed the mood, it was funny either way

Kinda sad to see this end. Originally I actually started watching this due to the all-star VA cast the Anime has, colourful characters and the fact there are 5 busty sisters. Let's be honest, I got invested pretty damn quick after that.

I really like the characters (even Nino grew on me in the end) but for some reason this Harem has been the toughest to decide who's best girl, but in the end I can easily say it's Miku. That voice is just too adorable!

Definitely hoping for a season 2! Really fun Anime with character interactions I really enjoyed. Also on my list to pick up the manga!

9/10
CeddyyBearrMar 28, 2019 4:51 PM
Mar 28, 2019 4:52 PM
Feb 2019
Crashmatt said:
Setsky1 said:

There was Shuffle! As well that went with a non standard choice. Problem is that show is a big steaming pile if shit

I honestly think the author is keeping his options open until the end.

Ah yeah, Shuffle! is a good exception too, but this kind of risk who consist to NOT bring out the hero with the first girl introduced is so rare in this kind of anime that I hardly dare believe it.
Mar 28, 2019 5:06 PM

Jul 2016
All girls are so good! I can't chose a favorite anymore hahaha
I'm gonna read the manga, even thinking Itsuki will be the winner. (or that funny theory that they'll fuse together to became one lol)

Great anime, before watching I thought I wouldn't like because it's an harem but this is very good and enjoyable.
Mar 28, 2019 5:07 PM

Aug 2018
Gosh, this last episode gave me some tiny chills ! I really loved how they ended up meeting in Fuutaro's room, all having the same intention.

About the marriage itself, I agree with the comments above saying the bribe really looked like Itsuki. Unfortunately I hoped they would hide her face to make a cliffhanger but they went for a huge revelation. Even though we can't be 100% of her identity since her name was not mentioned.

Really hoping for a season 2 or more, I already miss this family...
Mar 28, 2019 5:25 PM
Jan 2016
Itsuki has disguised herself as Ichika, and Fuutarou discovered her, she wanted to know more about him , the moment when Itsuki sneak in Futarou's room and turn on the light, and everyone was there was really wonderfull, is fantastic how their five has thought the same!

I really liked when they showed some of the future in Futarou's marriage day, they showed us the bride but i still dont know if is Miku or Itsuki, but she was beautiful. I am glad to see Raiha there, more older, she is pretty cute and beautiful!

I will miss this anime so much, i will miss this quintuples, i liked every single girl, its really hard to choose one honestly, i trully enjoyed a lot and we had a lot of funny and cute moments, animation and design were also awesome, and opening and ending were so cool! I really hope for a 2nd season!
Mar 28, 2019 5:26 PM
Feb 2016
I need a season 2 for this anime!! Hopefully with more consistent art, but this season was still good. Honestly, they can't say no to the idea, given how popular it's made the manga and how well the BD sales are

8.5/10 need a season 2
Mar 28, 2019 5:29 PM
Dec 2018
It's clearly Itsuki, the whole episode is about her, really, and although they are all holding his hand, she was the one that they focused on and their conversation on the lift and what he says to the bride suggests it is her. She's the one who is holding his hand during the campfire countdown.

The other girls are all great, and there are still hints it might be one of the others, but Itsuki's relationship with him has always been the closest, the fights, meeting his family, the fact that she is the only one he ever apologises to and she says sorry to him on a couple of occasions. Their relationship is the one that develops the most throughout the series. I'd be happy with it being any of them but I think it is clearly Itsuki. And the bride looks most like her. That revelation makes me think we might not see a season 2.
Gab5Mar 28, 2019 5:35 PM
Mar 28, 2019 5:38 PM

Aug 2013
Welp time to read the manga. Hopefully the mystery of who he ends up with in the end won't be dragged out. Good series with an interesting approach to a harem. Excellent characterization. 7/10
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 28, 2019 5:41 PM

Nov 2017
I figured it was Itsuki quite early. Kinda confusing final episode. I like how Miku decided to be her true self tho she basically gave the start sign for the real harem to begin...
And then the sudden wedding scene.. I knew something was off cuz Raiha suddenly did look years older... I was like “well this is rushing an anime to the next level” What about the harem battle? What about graduating school for the quintuplets? Then it switched and I thought it was just a dream due to his fever. Then it went back to the future again and revealed the bride.. tho I still don’t know who it is... not sure what we are supposed to think of this ending but its confusing for me for sure... I guess........ 2nd season then...? Yeah...
8/10 overall had a blast the past months this was really fun to watch!

plz @ me
Mar 28, 2019 5:56 PM

May 2013
The other 4 didn't attend the wedding they must have been angry that they lost.
Mar 28, 2019 6:08 PM

Apr 2011
Mercuri said:

They're all the brides, why do you think there were so many wedding dresses there?
Mar 28, 2019 6:15 PM
Feb 2019
There is no doubt about it, Nino is the bride :)
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Mar 28, 2019 6:25 PM

Jan 2014
i really didn't like the finale, especially the wedding part
anyway i enjoyed the anime overall, i picked it up just because i liked the art but i wasn't disappointed
this is one of those harems where i don't really care who he ends up with i'm just here for the ride

6/10

Mar 28, 2019 6:29 PM
Feb 2016
Omnicloudx13 said:
Mercuri said:

They're all the brides, why do you think there were so many wedding dresses there?

honestly, that's why I also believe it's a harem ending. I mean, why would one person need that many dresses in the first place? I'm pretty sure the author is teasing that there's only one winner but in the end it'll be a harem ending. And honestly, I have no problem with that
Mar 28, 2019 6:40 PM
Mar 2019
Looks who hold the ring finger. It's Yotsuba, probably ;)

This series is great. Every episode was enjoyable. Always make me wonder who is the girl that Fuutarou would choose.

I don't mind anyone else except Itsuki.

The campfire legend is real. Maeda end up married with the girl he dance with (hold hands). It's end and this episode was good. Hopefully another season will come up.

Overall I could say, I love this series.
Mar 28, 2019 6:47 PM

Mar 2017
Loved the part where they all turned the lights on at the same time. Loved when I first saw it in the manga as well. Shows how much connected their feelings are as a quintuplet.

And finally Itsuki gets her shining moment. Very slow compared to the others, but she's finally accepted Uesugi. Nino just needs to lower her ego but she's already accepted him from before the camp lol

Not so much animation/technical-wise but adaptation as a whole I'm satisfied.
Mar 28, 2019 6:47 PM
Feb 2016
Pointygnome said:
Lonely-Wolf said:

Supersky said:

honestly, that's why I also believe it's a harem ending. I mean, why would one person need that many dresses in the first place? I'm pretty sure the author is teasing that there's only one winner but in the end it'll be a harem ending. And honestly, I have no problem with that

I don't remember seeing that many dresses in the manga, or the closet in general but this anime is an adaptation and does not have to strictly follow the course the manga is taking. There's been several anime based on manga that had completely different endings or huge chunks of the stories changed.

So you can't really make any conclusions based on what you see in the anime on how the manga will end.

I don't think they got to that chapter yet, but in the closet there were about 10 dresses if I'm not mistaken. I'm really hoping we get a harem ending though, because this is the first harem series where I want all the girls to win

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenApr 3, 2019 7:51 PM
Mar 28, 2019 7:00 PM
Mar 2017
And now the quintuplets say goodbye in this episode, I will miss them all, including Nino and Itsuki, but without a doubt I will miss Ichika the best onee-san, Yotsuba and her inexhaustible energy and the spectacular Miku and her shy and cute personality.
Say what they say to me is Miku who marries Fuutarou, that hair color does not look like Itsuki, but seeing those 11 wedding dresses made me think that something strange happens there, also in the ceremony we don't see the other 4 sisters (I don't think they are not there because of the pain of losing Fuutarou).
The episode begins with the conversation that Ichika and Miku would have on the phone, and this conversation is about the issue of the campfire and Miku comes up with the great idea of both sisters can dance with Fuutarou.
The part where Fuutarou approaches Miku to hear Ichika's voice was very cute, Miku blushing is a treasure that must be protected. It made me laugh that Fuutarou looked for Itsuki in the cafeteria, I think she was left with the stereotype of the "glutton" of the five sisters.
That tackle Yotsuba gave to Miku made me laugh a lot, poor thing. Nino and Ichika also meet and begin the search for Itsuki and Fuutarou asks Ichika to accompany him, in the chairlift Fuutarou unmasks Itsuki who disguised herself as her Ichika who was ill. This scene was very cute, I think is the first time that Fuutarou and Itsuki are in such an intimate environment, Fuutarou falls on the shoulder of Itsuki and she gets very nervous, but this is due to the fever he had.
I was delighted to see the quintuplets wanted to accompany Fuutarou because they were all worried about his health, but he asks them to leave him alone, so they don't ruin their last night of the trip.
Nino's romance ends when Fuutarou tells her that Kintaro will not dance with her.
Maeda found a partner at the end for the campfire, I am very happy and she is the same girl with he was in the test of courage, I hope they have a future as a couple.
Miku and Ichika make up for the dance business and Miku finally admits that she loves Fuutarou and her face when she says it is very beautiful ... damn Miku is such a cute and lovely girl.
Seeing Yotsuba sad depresses me, she is the epitome of joy, but to feel that she ruined Fuutarou's trip is understandable, but even so she and Itsuki discover that maybe he had more fun than they thought.
I laughed a lot to see that Itsuki slipped away in Fuutarou's room, but it was funnier when we discovered that the five sisters thought about the same thing and we see how the bonfire is about to end and Itsuki takes the hand of Fuutarou, but then we advance in the Future and we see a grown up Raiha in a high school uniform humming the wedding march, highschooler Raiha is so cute, then we see that she should help her clumsy brother who forgot the wedding ring. Seeing that Maeda was at the wedding with the girl he danced that night filled me with happiness, besides he will be a father.
I do not know which of the quintuplets will be the bride, but even so she looked beautiful in that wedding dress, it frustrates me not to know who she is, I thought it was Itsuki, but her eyes make me doubt and there are moments when the hair color it looks like Miku and Nino's, but after seeing that the five sisters took Fuutarou's hand that night, I can safely say that the Nakano sisters have the same possibilities of finishing with Fuutarou, besides that we can see that the legend of the campfire is true with Maeda and his wife as proof of that.
I really enjoy this romcom anime, the Nakano sisters turned out to be very nice with their individual personalities, obviously my favorite is Miku, I love shy girls with personalities like hers, I also loved Ichika with her "mature" personality, but she has to learn to be more "neat" with her room, Yotsuba and her childish and hyperactive personality gave a lot of laughs, Itsuki despite being a little grumpy and distrustful I ended up liking the adorable glutton and Nino at first I disliked her, but with the progress of the episodes i also found that she was very nice, especially with the episode where she meets Kintaro. Finally I give 9/10 to this anime, as there was a time when the quality of the episodes low, but these last two episodes ended up saving this anime and if I'm honest this episode felt more a "see you later", so I hope from the bottom of my heart that this anime has second season, since there is plenty of material for at least 24 episodes or more. the good thing is that my depression for the end of this anime will last little because in the spring season will debut BokuBen, another romcom anime with cute and adorable girls.
Team Miku for life.
Team harem (why not?)
Mar 28, 2019 7:02 PM
Mar 2019
A great ending to a great anime. 5-toubun was the 1st anime that I watched in a long time, and I had so much fun keeping up with it every week. It is definitely my favorite romcom show of all time (9/10).

I'm probably beating a dead horse by saying this, but if you have not done so yet I highly recommend reading the manga to see what happens next. As it stands, the anime ended at Chapter 32 and we are currently at Chapter 79. While the anime ends on a high note, things are currently heating up in the manga and the spice levels are at an all time high!
Mar 28, 2019 7:03 PM
Aug 2017
Setsky1 said:
i hope so too i really hate itsuki she got the main heroine element first introduced and all that she is like the cliche of the series so ya hope the bride is miku cuz she is the best or atleast nino if not miku if itsuki won well then this series will be pure cliche shit
Mar 28, 2019 7:18 PM

Nov 2011
I talked to the Author personally.
It's gonna be Miku.

Okay not really but it should be. Because in every Harem anime I have watched BESIDES SHUFFLE the girl I want to win doesn't win. And so far 100% of the time it has been the main girl.

However I think this series will take a different route and go with Nino. Even though Miku has been with Futaro since the beginning.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 28, 2019 7:42 PM

Dec 2016
The girls were all worried for Fuutaro! That's so sweet <3

I enjoyed this anime and I will vote Miku for the bride ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2019

120 by RKASHYAP621 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

129 by FortHell0 »»
Yesterday, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

237 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.