Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 28, 2020 5:54 AM

Nov 2007
possession1981 said:
aisakafuyumi said:
hey, i just started the series (anime and manga) and honestly i'm one of those people who will drop a series if the character I like doesn't get the girl.

could anyone please tell me if i'm just wasting my time rooting for Taichi?

While I believe it's an Arata end, no one here is Suetsugu. She can and will probably go for whichever end she pleases. She gave an interview a few months ago, and a friendship end is possible.

shanimebib said:
He is rich. He has a pretty face. He is courted by girls. He is destined to be a doctor. He can visit Kyoto no matter how many times he wants. And you want him to become Chihaya's boyfriend on top of that? He won't.

I've seen people say that Arata won't get with Chihaya because he's getting the Meijin title, and that it wouldn't be fair if he gets both. Both fanbases seem to have a similar argument which pretty comes down to "it's not fair if Taichi/Arata get the love of Chihaya when they have [x]". Taichi may have a lot going for him, but I don't believe any of that takes away his chance at getting with Chihaya. Same with how I believe Arata-possibly-becoming the new Meijin doesn't lower his chances at getting with Chihaya. I think it's better to focus on how Chihaya, and her own feelings, because it's evident through her feelings which boy she sees in the romantic light.

That was me being a bit Nasty.

The double winning thing in a love triangle? It's not uncommon. On the contrary, it actually happens quite a lot in sport shoujo (this comes to mind from the recent memory). But "the winning" and all depends on the other person - which is Chihaya. She is not a trophy and has feelings of her own and we know how she feels about both of them. This will be borderline ridiculous at this point, considering how close we are to the ending, for it to suddenly become Taichi when she has never once shown any romantic feelings towards him. He would have had a chance if Chihaya was indifferent to romance altogether but she isn't. Denying it is the sign of being a petulant person.

Taichi will become Arata's lifelong rival in Karuta. That would be his ending. His character defining moment was "If I said I didn't love Karuta, I wouldn't be able to be close to them." Note that that was the first time when his reason for Karuta changed from "Chihaya" to "them". Which was then revisited with his game against Harada-sensei - "I want to be where they are." Notice the "they". Making it Chihaya again changes the thematic behind all these developments. How can you miss these? The only way for you to miss these is you are reading a story in the hope of a Chihaya x Taichi ending and not the story of Chihaya, Taichi and Arata.

But like you said, if Suetsugu-sensei would want to make Chihaya and Taichi happen, she would probably go through it. However, she would need an incredible card up her sleeves to make it acceptable.

It happened in TWGOK but it had a very strong yet subtle hint. The "end girl" completely destroyed Keima with her last words but it wasn't blown out of proportions but kept dormant. We start to see how he takes life itself from then onward but it was very subtle with small changes from his words and actions, bit by bit.

But in case of Chihaya, it was an onrush of guilt yet it settled with time after Taichi returning to playing Karuta. It settled the emotional turmoil she had gone through once thinking she have had destroyed Taichi.

For Keima, that wasn't the case. There was an emotional impact but it remained dormant, locked away, immediately after the first emotional moment. The story immediately resets yet we see his own little world showing cracks little by little. And only after many, many chapters we see him completely broken to the point he gave up on everything he believed in. He just couldn't forget the end girl's final words all these time. This is why TWGOK's became a bestselling masterpiece with an overwhelmingly vast majority recognizing it as one of the best romance stories ever told irrespective of whether their ship sailed or not.

That's the kind of impact Chihayafuru will be missing. Because we don't see any changes in Chihaya since Taichi returned to playing. There has been an aura of awkwardness but that was her being happy that Taichi was showing of being healed, being around his friends and falling in love with Karuta. Meanwhile, she continued to see Arata in a romantic way. Do you see the difference?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 28, 2020 9:29 AM

Oct 2012
hey, i just started the series (anime and manga) and honestly i'm one of those people who will drop a series if the character I like doesn't get the girl.

could anyone please tell me if i'm just wasting my time rooting for Taichi?

Even if you don't want to risk being irked with this story, it's too bad cause it's a great story.

Like I said, some think Arata is endgame, but there are more than enough hints and moments that could point to Taichi being endgame. I won't make a list of it all here. There are still many many fans rooting for Taichi and waiting for the conclusion of the story. It wouldn't be the first time Sensei made a change in of love interest in her story, so we'll just wait and see.
Jan 31, 2020 7:11 AM

Nov 2007
gekkouka said:
Taichi: 0 | Arata: 1

What is this football score? Then that would be Taichi: 0 | Arata: 2.

Also, regarding the content of the "good chunk", even after that, this manga will need 100 more chapters to make it a balance.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 5, 2020 2:30 PM

Jan 2020
What I think is funny is: Chihaya completely forgot about Arata’s confession for more than 9 months and you guys keeping saying that it’s Taichi that needs a plot twist in the story for if he end up with Chihaya be acceptable
Feb 7, 2020 3:09 AM

Oct 2012
Remember when Komano got all emotional after the Karaoké, saying that in those 2 years playing together, he found a treasure he thought he could never have, playing and being with his friends together....he actually cries his eyes out: somehow I feel he was expressing the feelings of all the club members, the memories they made like this only come once in a lifetime, these are memories that stay in your heart throughout your whole life. When Chihaya asked herself the question 'when was I happiest playing karuta?" I think the answer was already given by Komano.
Feb 12, 2020 9:13 AM
Feb 2020
Lmao so many salty taichi fans. Acting like Taichi is entitled to Chihaya just because he's so desperate he joins her club. And op, just because a girl didn't pick you doesn't mean she's in the wrong lmfao. Taichi is a loser who ditched his girlfriend for a childhood crush. That guy doesn't deserve anything good lol. These thirsty ass teenagers crushing on a 2d character is hilarious.
Feb 13, 2020 5:05 AM

Oct 2012
^I guess you ressorted to bashing on fans cause you don't have anything substantial to say..... I wonder who is the teenager...
chiakimagotoFeb 13, 2020 7:34 AM
Feb 24, 2020 3:01 PM
Dec 2015
gvang123 said:
Lmao so many salty taichi fans. Acting like Taichi is entitled to Chihaya just because he's so desperate he joins her club. And op, just because a girl didn't pick you doesn't mean she's in the wrong lmfao. Taichi is a loser who ditched his girlfriend for a childhood crush. That guy doesn't deserve anything good lol. These thirsty ass teenagers crushing on a 2d character is hilarious.

I agree with you! I feel Arata is a better match for Chihaya cause he has a better personality suited for Chihaya, and is calm and patient while Taichi got pissed that she rejected him and forced a kiss on her... Taichi and Chihaya would NOT make a good couple and i cant see them as anything other than an unrequited love. Its so satisfying to see a person/character who has everything in life, good grades, looks, is rich, basically seeing such a spoiled person like Taichi, to not get what they want for once. It will make him grow into a better character, instead of the little pissy/edgy brat he is right now. hopefully this has HUMBLED HIM
Feb 27, 2020 10:30 AM

Feb 2019
    WOw! I got tired for just reading some comments!
    Anyway, I just wanted to comment on this quote on your signature @possession1981
    The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.

It's so beautiful and,
    doesn't it strangely fit Taichi so much?

Mar 8, 2020 9:09 PM
Nov 2015
_Salsa said:
gvang123 said:

I agree with you! I feel Arata is a better match for Chihaya cause he has a better personality suited for Chihaya, and is calm and patient while Taichi got pissed that she rejected him and forced a kiss on her... Taichi and Chihaya would NOT make a good couple and i cant see them as anything other than an unrequited love. Its so satisfying to see a person/character who has everything in life, good grades, looks, is rich, basically seeing such a spoiled person like Taichi, to not get what they want for once. It will make him grow into a better character, instead of the little pissy/edgy brat he is right now. hopefully this has HUMBLED HIM
thats a bit harsh although i mostly agree. But in taichi defense he was spolied as a kid but as an adult he hasn't floundered his wealth and his background at all and he has mostly portrayed a calm and level headed and pragmatic which i think is as suited personality type for Chihaya. And also he may have good grades, looks, wealth but throughout the story none of that has shown to bring him joy in fact he is indifferent to them, what he wanted was to be with chihaya and to be good at kurata and none of those things played out and his entire arc in the story atleast in the anime has been to humble him out.

Him forcing a kiss on Chihaya was shitty of him not trying to condone it nor do i agree with it but i understand where it came from, throughout the story he has shown to support and have Chihaya's back and do what she wanted against his better judgment while Arata the one she really likes hasn't been in the picture and hasn't really done anything for her (not that he is to blame for that) so his frustration with situation is understandable.

Not really a disagreement but just thought i should defend my boy taichi a bit.
Mar 8, 2020 11:20 PM

Oct 2012
He shouldn't have ever tried to force a kiss....if you look at the panels closely(he seems to be more on the right side of her cheek next to her mouth)... I don't think he ever actually "touched" her...he pulled back in the last desperate mm and second. That's probably why Chihaya never really thinks about that specific moment but more about, "do you think I'm made of stone part". It was all in all a very painful moment for both.....

Not an excuse for his behaviour though, not good to surprise a girl like that.
Mar 9, 2020 3:46 AM

Oct 2019
chiakimagoto said:
He shouldn't have ever tried to force a kiss....if you look at the panels closely(he seems to be more on the right side of her cheek next to her mouth)... I don't think he ever actually "touched" her...he pulled back in the last desperate mm and second. That's probably why Chihaya never really thinks about that specific moment but more about, "do you think I'm made of stone part". It was all in all a very painful moment for both.....

Not an excuse for his behaviour though, not good to surprise a girl like that.

I would agree with this. Ultimately I feel like both of them were caught up in their own pain at the moment and couldn't see the direct impact of their behaviours on the other. Not condoning it, but it makes sense in the context of the story. It isn't like one isolated deviation from his caring self erases his previously established character entirely, and it's clear if he were thinking straight he wouldn't do anything to harm Chihaya.

Not sure who Chihaya will end up with in the end; honestly I've seen good arguments for both sides, so we may as well ride it out and enjoy the journey!

Mar 9, 2020 5:33 AM

Oct 2012
^ yeah tbh both ships have really good points.....that makes it so heartbreaking. Both boys are pretty good choices. I still have no idea how it will end.

I guess Sensei will be the one making the choice, if she does. She just might leave us hanging. Or maybe a timeskip thingy.........I guess it's best "to let go" at this point of the story, even if my shipper heart sure is having a hard time doing that. I just think it hard to see one of the guys sad......Taichi has been sad for so long now.....so maybe he should move on. Or if Chihaya would say she loves him back.....would this make him happy after all he has gone through?

Arata, how would he take it if Chihaya tells him, she loves Taichi. I guess he would be pretty sad as well.......but maybe he wouldn't be surprised? His budding love be crushed before it blooms......?

Sensei put herself in one big tangle. It probably hurts her to choose as much as it hurts us. I bet she's having a hard time making up her mind......even if she did already, because she loves all her characters. None is really hateworthy.

wow, isn't it all a bit unbearable!

Mar 27, 2020 11:18 AM
Jun 2013
I'm totally in the minority here because I have never liked Taichi. I thought he was a jerk in the beginning. He's also at times been controlling, passive-aggressive and childish to me. I also always thought his matches were boring (except the one with Chihaya when he changed his style to defense).

Arata for the win! (But I wouldn't be too mad if Arata and Shinobu linked up too!)
Apr 13, 2020 10:42 AM
Jun 2013
I'm team Taichi so I might be a bit biased, and I think both guys are still in the race for Chihaya's affection. The scenes with Chihaya and Taichi together still come up in the manga following Taichi's confession. It's a bit awkward for them but Chihaya is now a bit more considerate of Taichi and is able to see him as a potential candidate in a relationship.

If the ArataxChihaya ending were to happen, Chihaya would've given Arata a reply already and then they'll "play karuta together". The fact that this hasn't happened yet is that the author still has plans for this love triangle. And personally, I feel that Chihaya's feelings for Arata are so entangled with her love for karuta that it's difficult to decipher whether it is romantic feelings for him as a person or for him who introduced her to the game. On the other hand, Taichi has always been the emotional support for Chihaya in life and they've had so many moments together aside from karuta. He is such a big part of her life so it'll be interesting to see how Chihaya discovers and sorts out her feelings.
Apr 13, 2020 12:16 PM
Oct 2009
Chihaya said she wants to get strong in karuta before she can sit across from the person she likes and to become the strongest in the world, so that most likely means she wants to wait until she becomes the queen before she gives her answer. Who knows if she's gonna win though. I'm guessing she'll give her answer, whatever it may be, even if she does lose like how Arata did when he lost to Harada. And there's no need to give an answer until near the end anyway because that'll kill the love triangle too early and drive the fans of the losing ship away.
Apr 15, 2020 5:48 PM

Jul 2015
I think it's obvious by now that Chihaya will end up with Arata. Chihaya rejected Taichi long time ago and she hasn't changed her thoughts on it. Plus Taichi saying his feelings for her fading away, Chihaya hearing it and we don't see her worrying about that once.

With Arata, it has been hinted many times since the beginning that Arata is her special person and Chihaya never answered his confession. And look at the aftermath of each confession, with Arata her eyes was glittering and was on cloud9 while with Taichi she looked very unhappy with his confession. Even in the recent chapters, Chihaya is blushing and shy when she sees Arata. If there was gonna be a Taichi end, there should've been hints to suggest it from the last 30 chapters but there's none imo. Not to mention Taichi's character arc is finished and the story is now focusing on Chihaya and Arata.
Apr 17, 2020 12:54 PM

Jan 2020
ShrewOne said:
Chihaya said she wants to get strong in karuta before she can sit across from the person she likes and to become the strongest in the world, so that most likely means she wants to wait until she becomes the queen before she gives her answer. Who knows if she's gonna win though. I'm guessing she'll give her answer, whatever it may be, even if she does lose like how Arata did when he lost to Harada. And there's no need to give an answer until near the end anyway because that'll kill the love triangle too early and drive the fans of the losing ship away.

Actually she said: “ I have no right to even sit across any person I MIGHT like anyway”. It’s not clear that she really likes someone :)
Apr 18, 2020 6:25 AM
Jun 2014
Sapertinny said:
ShrewOne said:

Actually she said: “ I have no right to even sit across any person I MIGHT like anyway”. It’s not clear that she really likes someone :)

And who was she thinking about, few moments after saying that? :)
Apr 18, 2020 7:47 AM

Oct 2012
^ that was all before Taichi left and Chihaya was smacked down into reality out of any kind of bubble she might have had around her.

Whatever her choice is at the end of this story, Taichi, Arata, karuta, or no choice....she obviously loves both boys. And both have strong points to be endgame.....but tbh not sure Chihaya really wants to choose for romance at this point in her life.
Apr 18, 2020 9:22 AM

Sep 2012
Who cares if it was before Taichi left? Even before Chihaya got confessed to by either boy, she still only thought of Arata in the romantic context. Chihaya has never thought of Taichi in the romantic sense in the 200+ chapters Suetsugu has given us. The same can't be said for Arata. Let's not forget how Taichi was swiftly rejected on the spot-an act Chihaya has not been shown to regret-while a proper answer to Arata's answer has been postponed.
possession1981Apr 18, 2020 9:27 AM
Apr 18, 2020 8:56 PM

Feb 2011
@possession1981 I'm positive sensei knows what she's doing for Chihaya's postponement: this is no longer just about Arata, it's about THEM: she wants to see herself worthy of responding his passion in both the love they share of karuta that also links their affections towards each other and I'm sure sensei will give Chihaya an opportunity to have another match with Arata just like she suggested, something she always wanted to reach her hand for will happen that day when their paths are closer to each other where she finally sits across the person she loves, this time wanting a match with him as Chihaya Ayase herself playing with their passionate hearts and soul, the true form behind Chihaya's words she spoke to Arata in ch 119 before he confessed will bring its purpose to the story's main climax, through karuta encouraged Arata to confess and through karuta Chihaya will give Arata her answer. Why else sensei continues to postpone Chihaya's response towards Arata's confession like this, I'm certain she's saving this special moment for last: when it happens, it will be a recreational moment in how Chihaya fall in love with karuta in the first place, by the story's very first game.
sweetangieApr 19, 2020 11:18 PM
May 2, 2020 8:35 AM

Jan 2020
Narihira... ops, Taichi đź’›
May 5, 2020 10:24 PM
Mar 2020
Stoorainclaire said:
I hope chihaya ended with arata...taichi is good, but I like arata more than taichi.

nonononoonononononononno NOONONOONO

TEAM TAICHI 4 LYFE YOU HEAR ME!?!?!?

Taichi is just really fucking relatable mann, I used to really like this girl that was kinda like Chihaya, and she, as well, kept looking at another dude EVEN THO I WAS ALWAYS WITH HER... please dont let Taichi end up like me..\

yeaa spoiler alert, I didn't get the girl, she went with the other dude... and strangely enough, the dude wears GLASSES...

What nonsense

Don't you remember that in the past, Taichi had done the worst things to impress Chihaya? He steals Arata's glasses, but then, seeing that he still can't win, he shuffles the card so that Arata cannot reflect according to the position of the card from the beginning.

Taichi was just as Arata said as a coward. He did all the bad things to get what he wanted.

And yet, seeing Chihaya closer to Arata than himself, Taichi asked the class to isolate Chihaya and Arata, and what else, he deliberately pushed Arata down in the rain, and teased his friend.

Wow, what a kind person?

Later when growing up, Taichi's bad habits didn't change much. He imposes his thoughts on Chihaya, and drags her away with jealousy.

Wow, what a kind person?

He forced Chihaya to kiss, while it was unknown whether she loved him or not.

Wow, how polite to behave!

Arata is not without his bad habits, he did bad things to Chihaya and Karuta, when Chihaya came to visit and encouraged him, he kicked Karuta cards, and gave heavy words to Chihaya.

But at least Arata has a good reason.

Is there anything for Taichi to have a good reason for?

I don't side with anyone, but it's annoying to see others decry Arata and raise Taichi as a god. The author will decide who is more worthy, so please enjoy and stop comparing.

Please!
May 6, 2020 4:54 AM

Oct 2012
^Taichi isn't the same brat anymore he was at the start of the manga.

His coming of age story is one of the most compelling I've ever read in manga (and I've read my share........) and even books.

He goes from falling, standing, falling down again to bit by bit better himself. He goes way out of his comfort zone to go where his friends are.........and in the end he really became a bigger man. This is why Taichi gets so much love. He changed......and worked his butt off to get there.

I think Chihaya was one of the first row witnesses of how hard Taichi worked. Even Arata admits how much Taichi went out of his way.........

When it comes to Chihaya, I think Taichi doesn't want to bother her with his feelings any longer........the thing is, he has always assumed that Chihaya loves Arata, but he might be very wrong.

They both have a deep connection, think about eachother in the same way of longing.
The parallels of them "imagining" eachother at the shrine just tells how much they have identical strong feelings for eachother. Aaaaaaw Taichi is ofcourse imagining Chihaya with Arata. Chihaya finds support in thinking about Taichi.

Somehow Chihaya's panels make me think of poem 16, if I hear you pining for me, I will come.

And Taichi's panels eerily look like the poem 17, with it's background story.
Both of them thinking so fervently about eachother at the shrine. If the gods aren't looking down on these 2, idk.

Even if Taichi doesn't want to stay and take the shinkasen back to Tokyo, fate must have decided otherwise.
The gods of the shrine are looking over Taichi. The Emperor who is enshrined in Omi Jingu is also the poet of the first poem of the Hyankunin Isshu, known as a kind, benevolant emperor who aknowledged the hard work of his people..........

Whoever Chihaya chooses (or not) I have very much enjoyed myself looking for the poems, numbers, flowers, texts, background......it was not only a story of reading what you see, but diving head down deeper in to the Hyankunin Isshu, history, poetry, cultural references, seeking for the several layers hidden in this story.........it has been such a great ride up till now!!!
May 6, 2020 10:46 AM
Mar 2020

His coming of age story is one of the most compelling I've ever read in manga (and I've read my share........) and even books.

He goes from falling, standing, falling down again to bit by bit better himself. He goes way out of his comfort zone to go where his friends are.........and in the end he really became a bigger man. This is why Taichi gets so much love. He changed......and worked his butt off to get there.

I think Chihaya was one of the first row witnesses of how hard Taichi worked. Even Arata admits how much Taichi went out of his way.........

When it comes to Chihaya, I think Taichi doesn't want to bother her with his feelings any longer........the thing is, he has always assumed that Chihaya loves Arata, but he might be very wrong.

They both have a deep connection, think about eachother in the same way of longing.
The parallels of them "imagining" eachother at the shrine just tells how much they have identical strong feelings for eachother. Aaaaaaw Taichi is ofcourse imagining Chihaya with Arata. Chihaya finds support in thinking about Taichi.

Somehow Chihaya's panels make me think of poem 16, if I hear you pining for me, I will come.

Both of them thinking so fervently about eachother at the shrine. If the gods aren't looking down on these 2, idk.

Even if Taichi doesn't want to stay and take the shinkasen back to Tokyo, fate must have decided otherwise.
The gods of the shrine are looking over Taichi. The Emperor who is enshrined in Omi Jingu is also the poet of the first poem of the Hyankunin Isshu, known as a kind, benevolant emperor who aknowledged the hard work of his people..........

Whoever Chihaya chooses (or not) I have very much enjoyed myself looking for the poems, numbers, flowers, texts, background......it was not only a story of reading what you see, but diving head down deeper in to the Hyankunin Isshu, history, poetry, cultural references, seeking for the several layers hidden in this story.........it has been such a great ride up till now!!!

I didn't say that Taichi was a completely ugly person, I just wanted to remind him that Taichi was as ugly and petty as he was in the past, and don't forget that.

It is hard to understand when you say that Taichi has grown more, this series was a big bias, when the author forgot Arata? How can I be sure Arata didn't grow as well as Taichi, when the main character himself, turned out to be almost a supporting one?

But again I do not deny his efforts for an intellectual sport that he did not like it. And even trying to be with Chihaya.

But in the end Taichi was still a coward, when he trampled Arata back then, he himself didn't dare to say that to Chihaya. He is afraid of losing Chihaya. To me somewhere in Taichi up until now, it was still just a child who was scared of being found guilty by others.

I will still wait for Taichi to confess his sins. Someday. Someday he is no longer a child of the past.

And please focus on the main content of my post, don't try to explain everything else, you are off topic. It's not that I don't know those issues, but simply not the main topic of the conversation between me and the topic owner, I'm just saying how bad Taichi used to be, and stop worshiping him. As a god, focus on this.

p/s: But, the fact that Taichi understood that Chihaya loved Arata was true. Why did you say it was a misunderstanding? Chap 92, Chihaya admits that, After chapter 119, any action of Chihaya has Arata's silhouette, and with Taichi's confession, Chihaya is shocked, and rejects him. The same is a confession, but the way Chihaya responds is completely different, one is extremely happy, and the other is miserable. And don't forget, Chihaya herself even admitted, and one day when she became queen, Arata and she would touch each other, and she was always happy to remember that Arata said that he would be with her playing Karuta forever. .

I do not understand you say misunderstanding is misunderstanding something? Maybe I'm not very deep. For this part, you can add and correct me if I am actually the one who is wrong and misunderstood. Thanks
ZeusJrMay 6, 2020 10:59 AM
May 6, 2020 3:21 PM
Feb 2019
ZeusJr said:

What nonsense

Don't you remember that in the past, Taichi had done the worst things to impress Chihaya? He steals Arata's glasses, but then, seeing that he still can't win, he shuffles the card so that Arata cannot reflect according to the position of the card from the beginning.

Taichi was just as Arata said as a coward. He did all the bad things to get what he wanted.

And yet, seeing Chihaya closer to Arata than himself, Taichi asked the class to isolate Chihaya and Arata, and what else, he deliberately pushed Arata down in the rain, and teased his friend.

Wow, what a kind person?

Later when growing up, Taichi's bad habits didn't change much. He imposes his thoughts on Chihaya, and drags her away with jealousy.

Wow, what a kind person?

Dude, you have grossly misinterpreted taichi intention and reasons behind the worst of his actions.
The glasses were stolen because he didn't want to lose, not to impress chihaya and he couldnt have beaten arata otherwise. He didn't want chihaya to be isolated like arata and thats why he did what he did. And the author never intended any rapey vibes from the kiss, it was intended as a peck on the cheek and i think he did it to make an agitated chihaya listen.

ZeusJr said:

But in the end Taichi was still a coward, when he trampled Arata back then, he himself didn't dare to say that to Chihaya. He is afraid of losing Chihaya. To me somewhere in Taichi up until now, it was still just a child who was scared of being found guilty by others.

I will still wait for Taichi to confess his sins. Someday. Someday he is no longer a child of the past.

Was, not now, did you miss his whole arc? His journey with karuta and his confession to chihaya, he went through both without turning tail. You don't want him to confess his sins, he already did that in front of multiple characters, you want him punished for things you have misinterpreted. Sorry, but that's not gonna happen.
May 6, 2020 10:28 PM
Mar 2020
GoLMatoL said:
ZeusJr said:

What nonsense

Wow, what a kind person?

Wow, what a kind person?

Dude, you have grossly misinterpreted taichi intention and reasons behind the worst of his actions.
The glasses were stolen because he didn't want to lose, not to impress chihaya and he couldnt have beaten arata otherwise. He didn't want chihaya to be isolated like arata and thats why he did what he did. And the author never intended any rapey vibes from the kiss, it was intended as a peck on the cheek and i think he did it to make an agitated chihaya listen.

ZeusJr said:

Was, not now, did you miss his whole arc? His journey with karuta and his confession to chihaya, he went through both without turning tail. You don't want him to confess his sins, he already did that in front of multiple characters, you want him punished for things you have misinterpreted. Sorry, but that's not gonna happen.

1/ wow, he's afraid Chihaya is isolated =]] how lovely

I do not know if I am blind, or unable to read or understand. But what I remember, Taichi himself threatened Chihaya that even he would hate her and the whole class would isolate Chihaya.

I remember vividly when Chihaya entered the classroom, Taichi laughed with his friends sarcastically that, if Chihaya stopped playing with Arata, he and the others would not isolate her anymore.

And you also said, he stole Arata's glasses because he was afraid of losing? Wow, I have never seen a fair game do such a dirty game, he is poor, he just admits that he is poor Karuta, why try to use vile game into a game, but he is not good . I do not understand what you are trying to say here, when he certainly has a big mistake?

Wow, and as you said it seems he tried to save Chihaya from his own actions right? So noble, it seems that I have to learn Taichi's way of life, push others into despair and then save them from the despair I caused them.

And do not forget, Chihaya did not feel sad because of playing with Arata but isolated? Wow, I really don't understand, a girl who feels happy with her choice needs another person to save her? So funny.

Chihaya has her choice, and she knows what is right and wrong. Are you planning to justify Taichi's jealousy towards Arata? =]]] Once again, I repeat, I don't deny everything he tried, but he's still at fault, and what if Taichi admits he stole the glasses with Chihaya? I think their friendship is not as beautiful as it is now.

And maybe when I confessed to some girl, I got rejected, I had to kiss her one more time, so she would pay more attention to me, so it was good.

2/ First, when did he confess his guilt to everyone? =]]

Never confuse guilt, development, comparison with confession, and correction =]] What are you trying to cover for him, by telling him to try his best he is enough to atone =]] a real lame comparison, you put the value of the effort on par with confession and atonement?

Wow I didn't know there was a value arrangement like this, this way when I hit someone, I was scared, I didn't dare to admit it, then I became a better person, and let the other person suffered alone.

Wow is such a noble thing, maybe I have to train this special skill soon
ZeusJrMay 6, 2020 10:39 PM
May 6, 2020 11:05 PM

Oct 2012
ZeusJr said:

I didn't say that Taichi was a completely ugly person, I just wanted to remind him that Taichi was as ugly and petty as he was in the past, and don't forget that.

It is hard to understand when you say that Taichi has grown more, this series was a big bias, when the author forgot Arata? How can I be sure Arata didn't grow as well as Taichi, when the main character himself, turned out to be almost a supporting one?

But again I do not deny his efforts for an intellectual sport that he did not like it. And even trying to be with Chihaya.

And please focus on the main content of my post, don't try to explain everything else, you are off topic. It's not that I don't know those issues, but simply not the main topic of the conversation between me and the topic owner, I'm just saying how bad Taichi used to be, and stop worshiping him. As a god, focus on this.

p/s: But, the fact that Taichi understood that Chihaya loved Arata was true. Why did you say it was a misunderstanding? Chap 92, Chihaya admits that, After chapter 119, any action of Chihaya has Arata's silhouette, and with Taichi's confession, Chihaya is shocked, and rejects him. The same is a confession, but the way Chihaya responds is completely different, one is extremely happy, and the other is miserable. And don't forget, Chihaya herself even admitted, and one day when she became queen, Arata and she would touch each other, and she was always happy to remember that Arata said that he would be with her playing Karuta forever. .

I do not understand you say misunderstanding is misunderstanding something? Maybe I'm not very deep. For this part, you can add and correct me if I am actually the one who is wrong and misunderstood. Thanks

First of all I never used the word "misunderstanding. And if you read the manga, you would know that Taichi apologized to Arata after the match saying "sorry for having been a nuisance". Too bad you didn't catch on to how Taichi redeemed those childhood actions over the time by confessing them to Chihaya and in the end apologizing to Arata. Arata at least understood. You are still beating up Taichi on his childhood actions (which were definitely not good) but I think Taichi carried that guilt for s long time and made amends.....and I think Arata has truly forgiven him now.....which probably lifted a great burden off Taichi's heart. He is so aware of his the "bad"side of his character and let alone being aware and fighting your weak side is very courageous. Arata has his own little issues as well....but I don't feel like going into them . Like Taichi, he also has questioned himself..... that's what makes the Chihayafuru characters so endearing!!!

I guess there is no use discussing.
chiakimagotoMay 6, 2020 11:12 PM
May 7, 2020 2:33 AM
Mar 2020
chiakimagoto said:
ZeusJr said:

First of all I never used the word "misunderstanding. And if you read the manga, you would know that Taichi apologized to Arata after the match saying "sorry for having been a nuisance". Too bad you didn't catch on to how Taichi redeemed those childhood actions over the time by confessing them to Chihaya and in the end apologizing to Arata. Arata at least understood. You are still beating up Taichi on his childhood actions (which were definitely not good) but I think Taichi carried that guilt for s long time and made amends.....and I think Arata has truly forgiven him now.....which probably lifted a great burden off Taichi's heart. He is so aware of his the "bad"side of his character and let alone being aware and fighting your weak side is very courageous. Arata has his own little issues as well....but I don't feel like going into them . Like Taichi, he also has questioned himself..... that's what makes the Chihayafuru characters so endearing!!!

I guess there is no use discussing.

Are you misunderstanding anything? I didn't say Taichi had to admit to Arata? I've been telling him he has to admit to Chihaya for about his fault because she doesn't know it at all. You can find my posts again, and search to see i said a sentence that Taichi had to admit it to Arata, if so I will admit I'm wrong

By the way, all my opinion now just to show that the friendship between the three of them was built from a lie with Chihaya. It's possible for many people to think it's good, because just having feelings for each other is okay, but I want things to be clearer, so Taichi is still a coward, even if he tries to grow well. to how much.

Once again, I repeat. I don't deny his goodness, but please don't deny his badness, because those things made Taichi.

It seems I've been too explicit, and forthright about things like this. I prefer things to be clearer. So probably offended many people. So, I still have my own opinion, but I won't discuss it anymore.

Thank you anyway, the discussion was fun.
ZeusJrMay 7, 2020 4:22 AM
May 7, 2020 4:21 AM

Oct 2012
I never denied he did bad things. He has regretted it a very long time. Taichi isn't an evil person or it wouldn't have weighed him down all those years. I think we can say he is a coward no more at this stage of the manga and has fought his demons and is very aware of the foul side of his character. I think he is now strong enough to resist temptation in taking the easy way out.....and sometimes, even then people still make mistakes....

He did tell Chihaya about how he stole the glasses when he confessed. At that moment he showed his worst side to Chihaya, just before telling her he loved her.....

Thanks for the discussion!
May 21, 2020 1:18 AM
Apr 2015
I'm on team Taichi but I guess I still prefer her not ending up with anyone :/ why can't there be no romance on this sports anime... I honestly love their friendship and the romance is making everything more complicated and after everything I still see the plot moving towards Arata
May 25, 2020 5:59 AM

Jul 2012
@chiakimagoto Just wanna say I enjoy reading your posts since I'm also on Team Taichi and I haven't lost faith either. It's nice to see a manga-reader's insight on things especially your theory on poem 16/17!
May 25, 2020 12:00 PM

Oct 2012
Aaaaw thanks.....but yeah those parallel panels are so strong.

The first one with Chihaya, how she sees Taichi....smiling. Since Taichi only comes when you pine for him. I feel the first time when he came back, she wasn't "pining" for the same reasons. It was really a team thing. She missed the void he left in the team.

But in this second panel it's not the same. She doesn't know that Kana, Komano and Nishida are on their way (they all said they wouldn't come because of entrance exams). But while mounting those stairs to the shrine, she imagines Taichi, and that great memory of when they where at Omi Jingu with the team, even if the team is relevant, this time it's Taichi alone that comes before her eyes. She obviously wants him to be there.... she's finally pining for him, not only for the boy that is her team mate. Almost like in Tachiwakare.

Then to my great surprise, we get that parallel panel with Taichi!!! And how Taichi imagines Chihaya (almost playing out the role of Narihara)....and having the same memory as Chihaya. Like Chihaya's shrine panels, at least 4 pages are used for these moments..... that's alot in 1 chap.

Even if Arata is there, it's Chihaya's smiling face that steals the spotlight in Taichi's mind.

The fact that both play out in the Shrine, is yet another pointer.

It's funny how Taichi wants to leave.....but I guess fate will decide otherwise.
chiakimagotoMay 25, 2020 12:09 PM
May 25, 2020 6:23 PM
May 2013
Well developed characters like taichi is what made him become my favorite. From an asshole to become the most hardworking despite not having talent in karuta. I initially hated him at first but he grew on me throughout the series. Funny how I'm not into shoujo/josei genre but my most favorite character is in that category.

Arata might be the winning candidate for his plot armor(god of karuta and such) but taichi won the hearts of most readers(of course not all). Taichi usually at her side when she needed him, the bonds and chemistry they had in the team. At this point he loses both, I just want him to have a proper happy ending.

the discussions the two mangaka had when suetsugu was interviewed:
"both authors feel that although initially Taichi was set as a supporting character to Arata, as Suetsugu continued drawing the manga, her original intended storyline had shifted because there was a strong attraction to repay hardworking characters like Taichi. That is why she decided to make Taichi an important character.

She feels that it was the characters themselves that chose to stay in the storyline. The characters seem to tell Suetsugu things such as “it should be that way” or “we can do it this way and this way, it doesn’t seem like a bad idea…”. It is as if it is no longer her alone who is directing and shaping the story but rather, it as if the characters themselves start telling her how the story should go on." Really love how this interview went on.
Jun 5, 2020 8:50 AM
Mar 2020
I was losing faith on Taichi x Chihaya but now that i'm think about it , Taichi has always lost to Arata and i can't imagine him losing Chihaya too , it's too cruel . I think Chihaya will be the point where Taichi is going to win against Arata
Jun 5, 2020 7:44 PM
Jun 2013
Team Taichi here as well. I feel like there is still hope for Taichi as well because not only has Chihaya kept Taichi on her mind, but she has gotten a lot more mature that she can better understand her feelings. Hopefully she can sort out what relationship she wants to have with both Arata and Taichi. :)
Jun 7, 2020 12:49 PM

Sep 2010
I'm kind of annoyed when people assume that for Chihaya to care so much about Taichi, it has to be romantic love. It's really disgusting when shippers look down friendship and pretend romance is automatically superior to it, so her concern and hurt is invalidated if she's not in love with him. Taichi is her lifelong best friend, of course, she'll be really devastated he's no longer by her side, as she feels guilty she is the source of his suffering. Of course she longs for his presence because he's an important part of her life. But she can't actually ask him that because she realized after his "do you think I'm made of stone?" it hurts him.

This doesn't mean she's in love. This doesn't mean she doesn't care because she's not willing to be his girlfriend. It doesn't mean he matters less to her because she's not in love with him.

My only hope is for them to heal and salvage their precious friendship. It's not "cruel" for Taichi to "lose" Chihaya. She's not a possession, regardless or not if she dates Arata (tbh, I'll rather have a friendship end). The best course scenario is for him to mature, move on and start over with Chihaya as a friend without ulterior motives. He needs time. He needs time to think about his life and future that isn't just "chasing Chihaya".
ThessJun 7, 2020 1:04 PM
Jun 8, 2020 4:08 PM

Jan 2009
At first I wanted to see Chihaya with Taichi, but then, I honestly think that if she stays with Arata it will be a good thing, in fact it is very obvious that Suetsugu sensei wants the same thing. In the middle of the manga I started to dislike Chihaya a lot, I think people can be passionate about what they do, but Chihaya's "passion" for Karuta is not normal and if you look closely, it’s nothing, nothing healthy. She has the same obsession with Arata. In fact, she lives by her obsessions. She is not a model to be followed. The character that in my opinion matured the most was Taichi. Chihaya did not mature, she just became better in Karuta, but her personality is the same. I don't care if she ended up with Arata, but what would bother me is Taichi staying with Sumire as a consolation prize. I would like another character to appear in the end for Taichi, but I think we are in the final line here, there will be no time to development another character.
english isn't my native language... ;)
Jun 8, 2020 10:42 PM

Oct 2012
^
The problem with Chihaya's character is that we have been shut out of her mind for the sake of hiding her true thoughts and feelings which doesn't help us "connect" with Chihaya's character.

I still feel if you attentively read, pay attention to the hints, poem and overal feel of change in Chihaya's behaviour....the cards have subtly shifted.

In the last chapter we see that Arata has definitely caught onto that.....and imo he'll give them a helping hand cause he already has understood something that Chihaya might not have understood herself.

We'll probably get more of Chihaya's thoughts in the coming match. How she is going to use "Mizusawa" as her driving force to win.
chiakimagotoJun 8, 2020 10:59 PM
Jun 9, 2020 8:12 AM

Sep 2012
Here comes a Taichi fan twisting what we got in the manga lmao. It was Mizusawa and team spirit that helped her this time, it's not solely Taichi and his presence as you're trying to imply. It's amazing how some of you Taichi fans manage to make everything about romance/shipping.
Jun 9, 2020 9:00 AM

Oct 2019
possession1981 said:
Here comes a Taichi fan twisting what we got in the manga lmao. It was Mizusawa and team spirit that helped her this time, it's not solely Taichi and his presence as you're trying to imply. It's amazing how some of you Taichi fans manage to make everything about romance/shipping.

Oof dropping the heat there, I like it.
Jun 9, 2020 9:39 AM

Oct 2012
@possession1981,
Are you pointing to me as a Taichi fan? I don't see anything "twisted"?? It might not please you but I see the story like this. And indeed the team has all it's importance to Chihaya. At least we agree on that.

Arata always went back to that room, and had to leave it btw in that same highschool tournament cause he had seen things had changed already on Chihaya's side, whatever that may be to her. Her "drive" wasn't the same as Arata's. He now has his grandfather as "image" to make him feel strong.

Chihaya needs her team image, and her mind goes to that second year that was her best team moment when they won the nationals. Arata used Taichi's exact words to get her there. 3 wins....

In the meantime there is also the underlying romance that still hasn't been resolved. Why not speculate about romance?? Obviously Taichi isn't over Chihaya, so it's still hanging in the air. Taichi isn't playing karuta, there isn't much else but the romance that isn't resolved for Taichi. Btw I would have been more than satisfied if Taichi was challenger.....and forget about the romance. But he's not, and things don't look "finished" for him. So....there still must be something on hold for him. I'm not the only fan interested in the romance on either side of the fandom, if you want to talk about Taichi and Arata fans.

I wonder why that bothers you....? Just ignore me in the future(and I'll do likewise, as long as you don't call me out).

I don't bother anyone gushing over Arata nor do I specifically call out "Arata fans" either...so why should I have to shut up about what I think about the story?
chiakimagotoJun 9, 2020 1:12 PM
Jun 9, 2020 3:21 PM

Sep 2010
possession1981 said:

I agree partly. Does that seem to be the only way to read this manga? I'm also tired of seeing fangirls blame Chihaya because precious Taichi got "hurt". Taichi's only hurt because his feelings were weirdly twisted and unhealthy* (but he worked around them! Just like Arata worked around his one track mind/entitlement issues when is about the Meijin title during his match with Taichi - that was the main source of his negativity with Taichi rather than his relationship with Chihaya - which is Taichi's sore spot previously), it's not Chihaya's fault that he somehow made his life goal to chase her and didn't communicate any of his sufferings. Her reaction to that was perfectly understandable. She thought he was leaving a club of a hobby he loved because she made him uncomfortable and didn't know how to apologize to make him stay (in a negative contrast to Sumire who also got rejected but she remained). She had no idea he hated karuta because he never told her. Now he's doing some soul searching about what he wants in life.

It's really no wonder he first comes to enjoy karuta in his duel with Arata, because I think he's finally playing for his sake rather than chasing after Chihaya, and because Arata -rather than Chihaya- is the one who realized how much Taichi struggled to be his friend, even if he didn't say so (how he joined the same hobby, etc). So Arata who was hating Taichi for becoming a rival (take note isn't about Chihaya, he kind of never felt jealousy when he assumed they were dating and stayed together, his negative thoughts crept when he became an obstacle for his Meijin title; he struggled over his own entitlement issues and was ashamed and opened his heart to Taichi). It's very very clear in this chapter he doesn't have a speck of jealousy about Chihaya, no hesitation to remind her to the club and Taichi to encourage her. His hesitation came from what he prioritizes: Meijin title or a friend in need?

And don't let me started with Chihaya's "passion" being "obsessive" or "unhealthy." Karuta has allowed Chihaya to reach out to people and bond with them (and partly of this is thanks to Taichi for setting that club! That's why Taichi is acknowledged in a way as Arata grandpa is acknowledged, even if he's not dead - the overlapping "Ghost" of Taichi played with them like the overlapping ghost of Arata's grandpa syncs with Arata). She does know she also wants to be a teacher, she's learning how to balance this. It's Shinobu who exists to foil her as the actual unhealthily fixated on karuta. Her only friends are the bloody cards she keeps pushing as if they were sentient.

That's why the narrative is Chihaya will show her own karuta, the one she developed as a club member, and perfected when she became the Captain after Taichi left, because is the karuta of bonds of sorts, a Karuta that Shinobu wouldn't understand.

The three characters are balanced to me: Arata introduced them to passion aka karuta (to both Chihaya and Taichi, although Taichi's revelation came in his teens), Taichi introduced them to karuta-as-socialization (as in he was the one who started a club for Chihaya, but also that inspired Arata to try to stop doing his individual game play. Taichi presence as a trio since childhood also allowed Arata to experience a mini club, otherwise it'll be a duo-playing against Chihaya), while Chihaya served as a bridge between Arata and Taichi.

*This doesn't mean he won't end up with Chihaya, just like it doesn't mean Arata wouldn't become a Meijin because his 'dream' was making him turn his back against his friends. It means he had to step back and fix his attitude because he was acting like both a Nice Guy (tm) and an asshole.
ThessJun 9, 2020 3:43 PM
Jun 9, 2020 10:30 PM

Oct 2012
^ I agree with most of this post. Taichi leaving the club was one of the best things he could have done for himself, cause he really had issues to fix. Too bad it really hurt both Chihaya and him(and the club members). But I also think his departure made Chihaya mature as well in a good way. She turned out to be more sturdy than we thought. And the team turned out to be great friends, accepting him even if his time of inner struggle! Wow great to have friends like that!

Taichi's coming of age arc was really beautiful.....and he went so far out of his comfort zone but grew so much on the way, going through several stages. I mostly think that Arata acknowledging him, and forgiving him really took a great burden off his shoulders. Thank god Arata was generous enough to do that as a friend.

What made me feel a bit disappointed in Taichi lately, is that he had decided not to go to the finals to cheer on his friends. He actually decided to bring Suou's aunt and leave right after. I don't know what made him decide that. Is it too difficult to see Arata and Chihaya? Does he feel he doesn't belong? Does he not want to be in the way? He still feels he's the worst and shouldn't be there? He has decided to cut all ties?

Idk, that's why I think something is still amiss and waiting for him at Omi Jingu.

Obviously it's not sitting right with Chihaya either that he's not there for whatever reasons.

About fangirling in general, I don't see what's wrong with that. No reason to look down on others for expressing their pov whatever that may be. Not everyone agrees nor reads a story for the same reasons or interests. I always find it very interesting to read all kind of posts as long as they respect others. No opinion is lesser than another. Shouldn't we first ask ourselves who we are to judge others in the first place. This is my personal motto.
chiakimagotoJun 10, 2020 4:21 AM
Jun 10, 2020 12:08 AM
Mar 2019
Actually yes It is too difficult to see them even though he loves them both. Shrine scene shows that he doesn't believe he belongs there and he would be in their way so he decides not to go because it will hurt him. Previous Taichi would have gone there no matter what and hurt himself by doing that. Now he supports them from outside of the Omi Jingu. He messages Arata, brings Suo's aunt, chase Chitose probably to persuade her to be with her sister.

I do think that he doesn't have go there if he isn't comfortable. Just like how we say Chihaya doesn't have to love him because of how much he did for her, he also doesn't have to do something that will hurt him just for them.

I think we still expect him to do his best for Chihaya but that guy is hurt. I even would have understood if he cut all ties from her just to move on.
Khalvashi_TRJun 10, 2020 12:17 AM
Jun 10, 2020 4:20 AM

Oct 2012
Khalvashi_TR said:
Actually yes It is too difficult to see them even though he loves them both. Shrine scene shows that he doesn't believe he belongs there and he would be in their way so he decides not to go because it will hurt him. Previous Taichi would have gone there no matter what and hurt himself by doing that. Now he supports them from outside of the Omi Jingu. He messages Arata, brings Suo's aunt, chase Chitose probably to persuade her to be with her sister.

I do think that he doesn't have go there if he isn't comfortable. Just like how we say Chihaya doesn't have to love him because of how much he did for her, he also doesn't have to do something that will hurt him just for them.

I think we still expect him to do his best for Chihaya but that guy is hurt. I even would have understood if he cut all ties from her just to move on.

Yeah so true, still it bothered me and made me sad to think he felt so strong that he doesn't belong there anymore.

But yeah, he definitely shouldn't force himself. I think he has done enough.

Ah, but it looks like fate has decided differently for him. I also love the way Hiroshi thinks of the emperor, who's inshrined at Omi Jingu, the one that made the first poem of the Hyankunin Isshu looking out for those who work hard for others.

I really am so excited for the next chapter to see how Chihaya is going to handle her new "power up".

I think Arata will lose the next match or everything will be over for the Meijin match. He might win the fourth match and become Meijin......it actually would be pretty nice to see Taichi and Arata cheering on Chihaya's last match. But maybe Arata will struggle more than that and lose the 2 coming matches: Suou has an advantage for the readers: Kuryzuru tan and Kyoko tan are reading, with their flowery way of chanting....and then last match Serizawa, the monotonous reader Arata prefers.

Suou's eyesight makes these matches very bittersweet, maybe the last ones he will be playing so high up in competition. In a way I really don't want him to lose but there is always someone that will....same Shinobu, with her dream that has been taking shape, becoming a professional player.....

I think Shinobu will have some stamina problems .....(because of the first page of the manga, we already know what will happen for the the Queen matches, only the last one isn't "known"...).
Jun 10, 2020 4:08 PM

Sep 2010
chiakimagoto said:
^ I agree with most of this post. Taichi leaving the club was one of the best things he could have done for himself, cause he really had issues to fix. Too bad it really hurt both Chihaya and him(and the club members). But I also think his departure made Chihaya mature as well in a good way. She turned out to be more sturdy than we thought. And the team turned out to be great friends, accepting him even if his time of inner struggle! Wow great to have friends like that!

I think it was good for her too, despite the pain of the loss, she became stronger by standing on her two feet. She was also starting to think about her future and work around her goal to be a teacher.

What made me feel a bit disappointed in Taichi lately, is that he had decided not to go to the finals to cheer on his friends. He actually decided to bring Suou's aunt and leave right after. I don't know what made him decide that. Is it too difficult to see Arata and Chihaya? Does he feel he doesn't belong? Does he not want to be in the way? He still feels he's the worst and shouldn't be there? He has decided to cut all ties?

I think the mangaka just wants to delay his appearance to the break before the last match to reunite the trio because:
1) Arata is more likely to lose two following matches to "spice" the finals (and I already think this is going to go the non cliche way and have Taichi rather than Chihaya being the one who would cheer him properly).
2) It'll come down to his soul searching and realize he wants to play karuta with them after he scolds himself or someone else reminds him he promised not to run/be a coward again. To me is basically a moment of weakness to lead to his epiphany. So he'll breathlessly declare something cheesy like "Let's go to college together and there, we can start our own club" scene which will make Arata and Chihaya cry, cue to trio hug before the last match with overlapping images of them during childhood just to tug more nostalgic heartstrings.

That's what I want to happen, but maybe it won't, I just think Taichi's likely going to propose creating a club they can play together again. That feels like what would wrap up his arc to me. And the only reason he hasn't done it yet is because of dramatic timing. You can't convince me he's not hurting to be away of them too.

About fangirling in general, I don't see what's wrong with that. No reason to look down on others for expressing their pov whatever that may be. Not everyone agrees nor reads a story for the same reasons or interests. I always find it very interesting to read all kind of posts as long as they respect others. No opinion is lesser than another. Shouldn't we first ask ourselves who we are to judge others in the first place. This is my personal motto.

My problem is the constant Chihaya's bashing because of Taichi. It's annoying and getting out of hand. Plus the misunderstanding karuta is bad for her and she's obsessed and doesn't see her friends just because she didn't mind read Taichi's romantic feelings, and all that kind of rubbish. She's dense and a bit of an airhead, that's not because of karuta, that's her personality way before karuta. But she's social and her hobby -with Taichi's old help- allowed her to socialize just fine. She doesn't need to "grow up" and cut down karuta to gain those fans' support. She has obvious self-esteem issues, they didn't go away magically, she had them because of her sister in her childhood, so to me, she feels she only can be validated through karuta in a way because is the one thing she's good at - but this isn't because karuta is a problem, this is because she has that inferiority complex she'll probably work around in her matches. It's Shinobu the one who was isolated due to karuta in her own world, not Chihaya. It feels like sometimes fans don't understand Chihaya's struggles and bash her because of the guys (especially Taichi fans are guilty of this, I haven't seen Arata fans doing it, but I'm sure there are some who do).
ThessJun 10, 2020 4:52 PM
Jun 10, 2020 10:03 PM

Oct 2012
^ ok I understand what you mean about fangirling: it's the Chihaya bashing I don't agree with either.....she might be dense and naïve but everything that happened is not their fault. They're teenagers in the end and sometimes things get so overdramatic at that age cause hard to control ones emotions. Chihaya has her flaws just as the 2 boys do.

That's what makes them so endearing. I do admit I have some trouble connecting to her character by moment. I think Sensei should have been a bit more careful of having us "get closer emotionally" to her heroine. I'm not sure I'm explaining myself right.....

I think at the finals there definitely will be a "friendship" moment. There might be some heavy allusion to who Chihaya really love but not so sure at all.

If there is any true resolution of the romance that probably will be after. But Sensei can decide to totally avoid that.

I can't help but feel excited for the coming chapter. The matches and Chitose-Taichi encounter.
chiakimagotoJun 10, 2020 10:06 PM
Jun 10, 2020 10:31 PM

Sep 2012
Anyone else see the new artwork Suetsugu posted on Instagram? It's a Sumire illustration, and Taichi illustration paired up with the word love as the caption. Interesting.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.