Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Feb 28, 2019 9:42 PM

Nov 2017
This is a fun show, shield bro.

"Hush my lolis, you can BOTH have me."

"My lolis are sleeping."

"Oh who are these? They're my loli slaves."

"Lolis, lolis, please! You can BOTH come to my bedroom for impregnation later!" ):
Feb 28, 2019 9:57 PM

Sep 2014
DarkInsomnia57 said:
This is a fun show, shield bro.

"Hush my lolis, you can BOTH have me."

"My lolis are sleeping."

"Oh who are these? They're my loli slaves."

"Lolis, lolis, please! You can BOTH come to my bedroom for impregnation later!" ):

Are you an idiot? There's only one loli in Filo. Raphtalia is way too old to be considered a loli. Get your facts right, you're offending the loli connoisseur in me.
Mar 2, 2019 1:30 AM
Jan 2013
So double down on vritue siganaling as always.Even when i pointed out that Raphetila has proper development.

Ep 8 thread has been locked.Wow you haters are insane.
genesic123Mar 2, 2019 1:41 AM

Mar 2, 2019 12:30 PM

Jul 2008
And there's the hotsprings episode....
Mar 6, 2019 8:02 PM

Dec 2010
Is this turning into a harem? That would ruin everything.
Mar 8, 2019 3:15 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, I hope they never change this opening son, it's just so good and matches the theme of the protagonist's redemption perfectly.
Part of me really wants the ship to sail, but I can't help but view Naofumi and Raphtalia as father and son, it stings me so hard just thinking about all of the fatherly moments they had. I guess it's bound to happen one-day n matter how I oppose it.
Mar 8, 2019 7:56 PM

Apr 2007
Zakuro-Hime said:
Is this turning into a harem? That would ruin everything.

I won't be a harem, rest assured.
Mar 10, 2019 12:08 AM

Mar 2018
This anime started of good, Ep. 1-4 especially. Now, its starting to look like a typical isekai with its harem and shit. Easily the worst episode so far.

1.5/5
Mar 10, 2019 4:01 AM

Jan 2015
Felt very fillerish. An ok episode.
Mar 12, 2019 3:57 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Enjoyable episode, decent adaptation, the bio plant looked more demon like that I though when reading the LN.

I think the hot springs bath is the bonus chapter for vol2, as in, appears after the end of volume 2, so maybe they should have switched and had the dragon zombie first, but regardless, aside Fio's mating, it was a cute scene.
Mar 15, 2019 4:07 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty chill episode. Looks like Naofumi is getting richer and richer. With this, he doesn't have to come to the palace to get his rewards everytime they defeat a wave, the king won't give him the right amount anyway.
Apr 19, 2019 10:35 AM

Jun 2013
You can be in a whole different world and still can’t escape the obligatory hot springs episode
May 10, 2019 3:58 AM

Apr 2019
Really liking the comedy in raphtalia and filo fighting over him, i kinda hope raphtalia and naofumi get together
Jun 3, 2019 3:31 AM

Dec 2013
I'm so glad for this light episode😭😭😭 It was funny how Rapthalia and Filo always fight but they made Naofumi happy in the end. Filo is so cute when being a glutton and I guess Naofumi still treats Rapthalia as a kid xD

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 5, 2019 11:14 PM

Jul 2016
Ok, I understand Motoyasu couldn't have been able to read the warning in the stone where the mysterious seed was but it wasn't like he was travelling alone... he has his own group, royal princess included, and I still can't believe no one knew what the warning said...

That said, this was probably my least favorite episode. The first part was interesting to some extent but the second one with Raphtalia and Filo competing for Naofumi's love was quite boring to watch if I'm honest.

So... the corpse of the dragon Ren killed ended up causing an epidemic?... is this the new formula where the other heroes screw something up just for Naofumi to fix it? I wonder what Bow Hero might have screwed then...
Jun 27, 2019 9:55 AM

Sep 2012
hahaha boths competing for hes love, sry filo but ur way to young hes not lollicon nor pedo so i need to grow up before u have any chance
Sugram22Jul 17, 2019 12:23 PM
Jul 22, 2019 5:47 PM

Jul 2014
Why did this suddenly turn into a harem anime in the second half?
Jul 23, 2019 9:05 PM

Jul 2013
Oh who did expect it? Motoyasu being responsable for these plants in the village. I can't really they if it was just stupidity or on purpose. At least Naofumi was able to solve this problem and learnt a new skill to manipulate plants.

The rivalary goes on between Raphtalia and Filo, even if I think Raphtalia shouldn't be worried about it at all. A little bit of fan service in the onsen.

At least at the end Raphtalia and Filo made a good team and were able to give Naofumi a nice present in form of the tool to prepare gems.

That dragon at the end....please don't tell me that's the dragon Ren killed, which now causes trouble.

Aug 3, 2019 1:12 PM

May 2013
Hm ;/ I get that Raph and Filo are the only 2 who actually treat Nao well and love him, but I wish he was more generous than always wanting equivalent exchange .-. esp when it comes to helping others in need. O whale.

Also kinda lol'd at the part where he merely walked through that plant monster and it just crumbled away. I get that it's his shield power, but still. Lmao.
Sep 2, 2019 4:28 PM

Aug 2018
I don't know, but I am so bored at this episode.
Oct 18, 2019 5:21 AM

Mar 2015
The rivalry between Raftalia and Filo is cute
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 24, 2020 9:03 AM

May 2016
The second half was... unnecessarily cute. I don't want another isekai to turn into a harem slice of life with some action now and then.
Aug 27, 2020 9:41 PM

Aug 2019
first half was pretty good with the action, jesus christ when the villagers mentioned "legendary seed" and "spear hero" i fucking screamed after connecting the dots. This guy, and malty honestly make me put my hands to my face and just sigh, how much of a fuck up could these guys become in such a short amount of time.

second half was a nice change of pace, Raphtalia being all jealous and the pouting face because of Filo being cuddly to Naofumi was pretty cute lmao. Some pretty adorable scenes of her as well, althogh she looks grown up, she still does have the mind of a child, so someone please teach her biology, i don't think kissing does what she think it does. But their mini rivalry did bring them together in the end, poor boar, didn't stand a chance between 2 extremely pissed of maidens good lord. Well at least he sold for a good price, there joint present was sweet enough in my books, seeing Naofumi not look extremely fucking dead and empty inside for once, and showing some resemblance of his self before he was summoned is always a plus.

All in all i really can't imagine Naofumi ending up marrying any of them, i feel like he thinks of Raphtalia as to much of a daughter, and prefers to act as a fatherly figure to her, and Filo, well, i don't really want to think about the chemistry there.
Oct 4, 2020 3:09 AM

Nov 2013
Who wrote this shit? Surely a grown man no? I thought this couldn't get any worse with loads of shithead characters already, then this slave and harems of racoon and loli chicken did happened.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 9, 2021 6:09 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lmao. What an episode that just spent a whole lot into arousing their rivality. Yeah, good luck making him acknowledged you, Raph. Its just too hard, like a rock. Never expect Filo to be more playful loli than i expect, and very edacious. I am not surprised if sometimes, Filo will be a titan blob if her rates meal constant like that. At the end, its just be back to the normal state, and hope it will stay pure, at least until the end of the series xd.

Meanwhile, the other heroes journey just wreaking a havoc all over the place. This episode related to the behavior of the spear wielder hero whose destroyed that village. The next will be the sword wielder's hero turn. Dang! What a troublesome hero afterall! Ironic as their best, because its helped shield hero to improved his shield to be better. Well play!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 16, 2021 7:04 AM

Apr 2013
Motoyasu really fucks up everything, doesn't he? And Naofumi has to clean up his mess again, at least he got some profits out of it. Raphtalia is hella jealous of Filo, guess he's just not as straightforward as the bird brain. But daaaaaaamn Raphtalia is hot as fuuuuuuuuuck and has a great personality as well <3
Mar 10, 2021 9:16 PM

Oct 2020
Now the villagers will not worry about food anymore thanks to Naofumi

And also that scene where Raphtalia and Filo competes that was soo cute
Mar 17, 2021 3:30 AM

Sep 2012
Spear hero is dumb F lol

@veridiancity @BlackLatias @Demyx_IX
about Filo, different races different mentality for her race she mite be at the age to know love and be at the age of mating already we can't be sure, Raphtalia also grew fast both physically and mentally due demihuman condition on heroes party and Filo did as well, she looks like a kid and still seems mentally kid to but we don't know enough about her race to know for sure

badabass said:
Lmao. What an episode that just spent a whole lot into arousing their rivality. Yeah, good luck making him acknowledged you, Raph. Its just too hard, like a rock.

Code0018 said:
All in all i really can't imagine Naofumi ending up marrying any of them, i feel like he thinks of Raphtalia as to much of a daughter, and prefers to act as a fatherly figure to her, and Filo, well, i don't really want to think about the chemistry there.

rest assure Raphtalia ends up changing hes view of her, right new its really still cause of hes scars so he doesn't even think of the possibility of romance but when hes scars heal and Raphtalia buts enough effort to it she will get what she wants
Sugram22Mar 17, 2021 4:00 AM
May 28, 2021 8:28 PM
May 2021
Me yego el episodio. Conque las dos quieren con el. Esta cabron. Pero bien chido!
Nov 14, 2021 5:16 PM

Jul 2017
I thought the last episode was goofy as hell with the dumb race but man... the stuff this episode felt like a glorified waste of time without much development nor enjoyment in it at all other than a wacky romantic rivalry for Naofumi's attention.
Nov 23, 2021 8:58 AM
Nov 2020
look like the Spear Hero head is in game mode when he got that seed to help the people.
Dec 16, 2021 9:43 AM

Jul 2021
Naofumi saved another village, he's really been a hero. In addition to saving from the plant monsters, he also solved the village's hunger problem.
asdasdsadad
Feb 5, 2022 7:08 AM

Jul 2021
Damn next episode is about Curse shield.

This was a pretty enjoyable episode as well. Naofumi saves a village from plant monsters and helps with their famine problem as well.

We see jealous Raphtalia again and she's already day dreaming about kissing her Naofumi sama xD.

We see nice chemistry between Filo and Raphtalia in last part, they killed a silver boar and sold it for good money and bough their beloved master a present :D

Raphtalia is set on showing her womanly charms to Naofumi one day xD. I hope he notices that. Raphtalia x Naofumi is OTP.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 8, 2022 7:06 AM

Apr 2021
This mysterious, cool persona really fits Naofumi better than his geeky, bubbly self in the first episode.
“Why does an apple fall when it is ripe? Is it brought down by the force of gravity? Is it because its stalk withers? Because it is dried by the sun, because it grows too heavy, or because the boy standing under the tree wants to eat it? None of these is the cause.... Every action of theirs, that seems to them an act of their own free will is in the historical sense not free at all but is bound up with the whole course of history and preordained from all eternity.”

― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Aug 10, 2022 11:25 AM
Mar 2021
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopooooooooooood
Aug 23, 2023 4:19 AM

Dec 2022
Raphtalia in the hot springs was a sight for sore eyes. Answered all the questions about her feelings for Naofumi. Even Filo likes him now. Reminds me of how much Naofumi has changed since the first episode. He was excited at the idea of female party members at the start of the series, but now he seems to be distant from them. Malty had more impact on him than I thought.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 3, 2023 8:13 PM
May 2022
another level and no trap story. good
Oct 10, 2023 4:39 AM
Dec 2022
Shield Hero is cleaning up Spear Hero's mess.
Dec 16, 2023 7:10 PM

Nov 2023
Gahhdamn those plant monsters!
Feb 3, 8:00 PM
Jun 2022
Man How I Wish These Damn Producers Didn't Get Greedy And Messed Up With Season 2 . What A Way To Destroy A Masterpiece That Was Season 1 . Dum Dums Have To Break A Noice 25 Episodes Sequel In 12 , 13 Eps As Season 2 , 3 To Get More Money & To Top It All Of Execution Was Sub Par . Learn From Mha Or Even Log Horizon Franchise Man , U Had Enough Content For A 25 Ep. S2 & Even S3 If U Wanted To Do It Right.
Apr 16, 10:04 PM

Dec 2022
Plants were sure a reckon to deal with and the hotsprings and all were funny like Kissing = Pregnant wHatT. Feels like this is turning into a harem but not so much considering Naofumi feels like an alpha male chad.

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

428 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

197 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 1:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.