Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Feb 16, 2019 8:42 PM
Feb 2016
Esquirtit said:
@_MushiRock11_ last episode hyakkimaru gained his voice back by defeating the demon but I think it survived because it bit his leg off, this time he killed him and got his leg back. so the demon had his voice at first but traded it with hyakkimarus leg

that's an actual good way to think about it. Trading his leg for his voice and then getting both back when killing the monster
Feb 16, 2019 9:19 PM

Mar 2010
the only thing more depressing than this episode is the fact that this is gonna get overlooked at next years Crunchy Awards cuz the new season of Academia and Titan air this year.

This series deserves to be talked about more
Feb 16, 2019 10:37 PM

Aug 2017
There were red flags everywhere for Mio and the kids.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 17, 2019 5:59 AM

Apr 2011
That was devastating :'(

Still 5/5 for this ep

Feb 17, 2019 10:45 AM

Jan 2015
The world is so cruel.
I felt sad about Mio and others.
Feb 17, 2019 1:33 PM
Jun 2012
That was a good episode but what did Mio expect by double dealing with warring clans.
Feb 22, 2019 5:37 AM

Jun 2013
Oh, I'm just having a perfectly normal day.

Here in my room, sitting in bed, eating dinner and watching THIS SERIES RIP MY FUCKING HEART OUT OF MY FUCKING CHEST!!!!

I couldn't bear to see Mio and those kids slaughtered like that. I feel like the way Hyakkimaru got revenge by killing them instantly was not enough, they deserved to be punished severely and not die instantly.

That part where Mio got a few grains of rice or seeds to start their own mini rice paddy broke my fucking cold heart. Why?
BibimbapskiFeb 22, 2019 5:55 AM
臭い-
Feb 22, 2019 6:04 AM

Feb 2019
I didn't really care for Mio, but I definetly care about Hyakkimaru a lot more now. Not as good as épisode 3.
Feb 22, 2019 11:47 AM
Dec 2012
I thought it was safe to like Mio since she's so prominent in the intro... I was wrong... so, so wrong.
Feb 22, 2019 10:53 PM
Oct 2007
I've taken a liking to Mio and too bad that the story had to sacrifice her. R.I.P Mio and the kids.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2019 1:53 AM

Sep 2018
Mio and the children ;( There's so cruel!!! So sad for Mio, my heart aches for her. Atleast she will not suffer anymore but still.. she died without making her dreams come true. The mangaka is too cruel to her!!!!!! ;'(
Feb 27, 2019 1:58 AM

Sep 2018
Supersky said:
Shit, is it possible to love an anime but also hate it at the same time for how emotional certain moments are, because I'm caught in a loop rn.

Yeah, i feel the same! I on-hold this for 2 weeks to subside my feelings through what I saw in Episode 5, and then when I watched it back. I will see this!!! It's so heartbreaking ;( I want to dropped this but I can't ;(
Mar 1, 2019 11:03 AM

Jun 2015
Now this was much more graphic than old adaptation counterpart.
Mar 3, 2019 4:34 PM
Apr 2018
Since Mio was included in the intro i thought she was gonna have a bigger part in the show. Sad to see her go.
Mar 8, 2019 8:10 PM
Sep 2015
This episode touched my soul in a way no other anime can. I actually caught feelings that almost made me shed a thug tear
Mar 16, 2019 10:33 PM

Nov 2009
Pierdo said:
I thought it was safe to like Mio since she's so prominent in the intro... I was wrong... so, so wrong.

Yeah, I was thinking the same before :/

This episode continues the lonely vibe the show's given me from the start. I kind of expected Hyakkimaru to lose himself and become a demon completely, good to see he didn't in the end though.
Mar 31, 2019 7:44 AM
Apr 2018
Ugh, Hyakkimaru's rampage was brutal. Fuck those soldiers, killing Miko and even those children with severed limbs.
Apr 10, 2019 5:42 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It got even darker, and I suppose, it would follow on the same path.
I had my doubts on this massacre all along and was hoping I was wrong, mab, how those Samurai were slicing harmless little kids is beyond me.
The rampage of Hyakkimaru was animated splendidly, granted, I only watched the episode on 360p video quality given how bad my internet was this late at night.
Apr 13, 2019 9:35 PM

May 2016
Mio proved that she would go through any lengths to survive and achieve her dream for the children and herself. Dororo had no choice but to respect her decision to continue to work because it was either that or starvation for them like what happened to his mother. It was the cruelest thing ever to have all of that go to the ashes because of those Daigo assholes just when she finally had a means to start pursuing their big dream.

Hyakkimaru might've gotten his leg back, but he had lost the only person who was able to soothe the discord that's been flooding his ears ever since he got them back. He was so furious that he didn't mind the bloodcurdling screams he's been making while he slays those killers and his first word being Mio's name was heartbreaking.

The two of them walking away and the scenery changing to a golden ricefield while Mio's red flower song plays was the tipping point for me. It's just too unfair...

Apr 13, 2019 10:43 PM

Mar 2012
my favourite part was dororo talking about his mom. i already know what happened to her - already watched it - but i guess i've forgotten this dialogue. i actually came to love dororo as a character.
this episode was too sad. i did cry the first time i watched it. but i don't really think the sorry would be this compelling if the end of this episode was different. glad i picked this up.
Apr 14, 2019 12:46 AM
Jul 2018
Man I was almost certain Mios gonna die but god why you still killed her.. cant someone hope for a bit more, after all she went through ..
Anyway I absolutely love this series.
Apr 16, 2019 5:44 AM

Jul 2013
I'm gonna say it. Mio is a dumb bitch. Don't get me wrong, she's a good person a hero even, doing all those things for the kids. But man is she a dumbass. Of course if you do business with the two warring parties, they'd think you're a spy working for the other. Did she think they won't find out? Now they're all dead. RIP.
Apr 17, 2019 6:04 PM
Jan 2019
WHY!!? was hoping she would join them "cries"
Apr 24, 2019 10:46 PM
Aug 2016
This anime is so good
May 6, 2019 3:50 AM

Apr 2015
As predictable as they come, and yet still absolutely perfect. Of course it is, it isn't copying a trope...it made the trope itself.
May 7, 2019 7:13 AM

Aug 2013
RIP Mio and the rest.

Looks like Hyakkimaru got his leg back.

May 16, 2019 7:42 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, the kids and Mio didn't deserve to die like that :(
Hm, I didn't think his leg would grow back again.
Jun 1, 2019 6:53 AM

Jun 2012
This series is pretty depressing...

Jun 3, 2019 6:14 PM

Dec 2016
Nooo... TT_TT I can't believe they are dead. Seeing Hyakkimaru killing those soldiers was very satisfying, but it was not enough... R.I.P Mio and children... worst, hearing Hyakkimaru's first word "Mio" was so depressing ;_;
PurpleGirl203Jun 3, 2019 6:17 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 10, 2019 3:28 AM

Mar 2013
MIOOOOO!! tsk!!! In fact this all the episode doesn't chill.

Jun 10, 2019 7:34 AM

Aug 2015
I knew she was going to die, I felt it and I could see the death flags, but I still desperatly hoped that I was wrong.
...At least let me finish.

Jun 13, 2019 5:08 PM

Aug 2008
Mio's character bio is the love interest yet she dies right away. Guess I need to keep in mind that this is an anime that is cruel and depressing on purpose. Judging by some of the comments, just being dark makes it "brilliant". Seems like the show is just to see how twisted the minds of the creators can be.
Jun 24, 2019 1:32 PM

Nov 2014
It's been a long time since some anime made me feel the way I felt when Mio tried to sing for the last time. Such an emotonal bomb. Hyakki's rampage was perfect followup.
Jun 28, 2019 12:20 PM

Mar 2017
That was hard to watch, didn't expect mio to die like that, no good ending with Mio x Hyakkimaru I guess ;_;
Jun 29, 2019 3:25 AM

Jan 2015
Death flag from ep5, finally she dead
Even though I hope Mio can live happily

Jul 4, 2019 4:54 AM

Mar 2012
Goddamit Dororo, you let the one guy in charge of massacring Mio and the kids get away. How the hell does it make a difference if Hyakkimaru had killed that bastard after he already killed the other ones? Show him the seeds afterwards ffs.
Jul 22, 2019 1:14 AM

Jul 2019
Restoring of bitten off leg was kind of... Bad omen. First mediocre moment.
Aug 6, 2019 2:45 AM

May 2017
ah... once again... my heart is broken
It was inevitable but I still hoped for them to become a happy couple °sobs°
Aug 11, 2019 9:03 AM

Dec 2018
Hyakimarru just left at the worst timing, while Dororo left at the best timing.

Just when Hyakkimaru find a potential soulmate. Really, Mio's life being raped to survive with the orphan children only to be killed at the end, that's just pure tragedy.

This episode kinda reminded me of TG.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 20, 2019 4:21 AM

Mar 2015
Noooo, why'd they kill Mio off :(((
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 25, 2019 2:17 AM
Nov 2016
So it seems like he can regenerate missing limbs just by defeating strong demons now, interesting.

It was a decent episode and kinda sad how the girl and the kids died but I gotta say, this anime has a pretty mediocre soundtrack so far, I'm not feeling anything on the soundtrack, it seems pretty generic to me.

There's another anime that had a similar scene like in this episode but with a much MUCH better soundtrack and that anime is Rurouni Kenshin (AKA: Samurai X), in that one I get teary eyes easily in those type of scenes. My weak point is sad scenes with sad music and Rurouni Kenshin has extremely good music to make those sad scenes shine, this anime does not.

This is a decent anime so far but is losing points on me on the ugly feet, the characters look like they have fucking camel's hooves instead of human feet and is also losing points on the soundtrack, the OST is not that good unfortunately, at least not compared to animes like Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto, Attack on Titan, etc... the OST here is simply too generic for me.
Feb 21, 2020 8:33 PM
Apr 2015
people may not agree with this but for Mio in particular it was the only way for her to go. This was going to eventually catch up too her. I think death was the best thing that could happen. She didnt have anymore obligations and her family is with her
Mar 20, 2020 7:34 PM
Jul 2013
I can't even describe how I feel, this episode left me speechless... Mio and the children were slaughtered, I knew she was gonna die but I didn't expect the soldiers to kill the kids, they are disabled and young, I understand this is war but fk them, heartless beasts, I'm glad Hyakkimaru killed them.

I can't describe how unlucky Hyakkimaru is, the first thing he hears when he regains his ears is Osushi crying, the first thing he says when he regains the ability to speak is screaming, I burst in tears when he said her name Mio, everything is just so painful for him ><

My favorite scene ♥

My rating for this anime till this episode is 9.5/10, I love how Hyakkimaru keeps fighting, I hope he and Dororo both find light by the end of the tunnel because they really deserve it. the story is very amusing and interesting, good for times when you're obligated to stay home because of the coronavirus xDD
Apr 6, 2020 1:52 PM

Jan 2013
I thought she was safe :(
Oh man, good thing that I watched this anime.
Now I know why my girlfriend wanted me to watch this.
Well yeah, this is pretty depressing but this is so gooood!
For me this is the best episode so far 5/5 ♥️
May 12, 2020 6:35 PM

May 2013
LOL Okay, more than getting sad and depressed over this episode I was more like irritated?!
Like DENNNGGG Bruh!!! The regrets and "what ifs"

LIKE BRUH!! Only if Mio didnt work for the two camps,
Only if Hyakkimaru didn't fight the demon so soon,
Only if the priest didnt leave them just yet,

LIKE DENGGGGGgggGgG sa;kjaslkhclascmsakljdoqiwjdqwpd
A lot of shyt could have been avoided!!

Honestly, I was more irritated that Hyakkimaru went to fight the demon first.
If only he stayed in their uhm hide out first then the whole gang wouldnt be slaughtered :((((
He could have defended the whole fam if he was there first.

Now what? He wanted to kill the demon to have a rematch? or so that they could evacuate to that new location but now what? Its useless since the whole fam is ded.

Tbh, I dont find it heartless that Hyakkimaru killed the whole samurai gang who slaughtered children and women :/ I wanted Hyakkimaru to kill the last dude alive too cuz BRUH letting one dude escape means danger and that he would DEFINITELY report back to the village.

Deng if only dororo didnt stop him so soon. I know she didnt want him to turn into a monster but honestly...who wouldnt be angry if someone killed their whole fam?

But deng, made me cry when he uttered her name...Mio.

SADDDddddddDDD and Irritatinggg

DAYUMM grgRrRrGrRr Huhuhu (ಥ﹏ಥ)

"Insert cheesy ass quote here"

💙
Jul 29, 2020 11:59 PM

Mar 2020
hi man i kind of want to test out how my forum settings look like dont mind me
Hey! Dont be afriad to message me and tell me i have trash taste
Aug 7, 2020 8:43 AM
Sep 2019
Mío deserved better :( OMG when he started scream I started to cry :(
Aug 20, 2020 3:35 AM
Jun 2020
What a depressing ep. Didnt expect it would end that way. Hyakkimaru killing those samurai was satisfying but also scary bec of the that bad side of Hyakkimaru. Dororo’s scream amplified my feelings when Mio died damn it. Damn it all
Aug 22, 2020 12:45 AM

Jul 2020
That was sad and brutal
Aug 29, 2020 3:34 AM

Jul 2015
NOOO they can't do Mio and the kids like that (T⌓T)...even though I had a bad feeling I really wish this didn't happen...Hyakkimaru's rampage was just a light punishment for those soldiers can't wait for them to arive in hell

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.