Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 31, 2019 9:06 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Awesome, Germa 66's No.3 Stealth Black looks badass.

Hello Soba Mask. What the hell happened to Big Mom? She lost her memories?
Jan 31, 2019 9:15 PM

Dec 2013
Sanji’s dream has been revived.

I definitely didn’t expect a sudden amnesia twist...
Jan 31, 2019 9:34 PM

Nov 2016
Sanji looks so frigging cool in that raid suit and it's power is quite something, so glad that it's black btw. The invisible part seems a bit too convenient, but I take it.

Looking forward to the rest of the fight against Page One, who actually looks menacing in his hybrid form and demonstrated some impressive physical power.

Meanwhile Robin got herself into trouble as well with some goofy ninja squad xD Wonder how she will get out of that mess.

And Jesus, not a fan of the amnesia plot convenience. To say that she will ally herself with Luffys group now would be preemptive. Let's see how Oda will handle this situation.

@SamBlack

I don't know if her ability can also show it's effect at a later point, but I kinda doubt it since we know how she removes and adjusts memories.

Fact is, her memories still seemed intact last chapter. My guess is that her anemesia was simply triggered by the shock, her unstable mental state definitely played a part in it too.

FMmatronJan 31, 2019 9:55 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 31, 2019 9:37 PM

Apr 2016
Sanji's dream is still alive!!! LOL
it was awesome finally seeing Sanji in the raid suit and in a big fight again <3
I'm wondering if Pudding had anything to do with Big Mom's memory loss....
Jan 31, 2019 9:41 PM

Apr 2014
THis chapter was crazy good. Sanji donning on the Germa suit was awesome not to mention the appearance is super BOSS. I look forward to the anime doing this right. Big Mom at the shore of Kaido's country. Oh freaking hell. Chopper get the living **** out of there now!!
Jan 31, 2019 9:45 PM

Mar 2015
this chapter is big surprise, quite literally...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 31, 2019 9:48 PM

Feb 2018
Dunno what to say really pretty crazy chapter, although I do have to say that I think amnesia is a pretty bad plot device and I dont like it, also oda used it with sabo already
Jan 31, 2019 9:51 PM

Sep 2014
Big Mom not remembering anything in an enemy territory is going to make things even more complicated. Sanji looked cool and can actually peep in bathrooms now lol
Jan 31, 2019 10:36 PM

Dec 2015
Yup, he's totally gonna use that suit to peep at women lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 31, 2019 10:58 PM

Apr 2012
Nice chapter, i wonder how Shilliew reacted to that suit ability xD. The design is pretty good compared to the other Germa.

Best part is how Law knowing much about that from the north blue comics xD.

For Big Mom, i hope Pudding (or another with memory ability) invloved there.
にゃす!
Jan 31, 2019 11:26 PM
Aug 2018
Amnesia? Really Oda? How convenient, what a terrible plot device. I hope it’s not going to be something predictable, like them using Big Mom for the operation.

Sanji obtaining the ability to turn invisible is underwhelming as hell. Sanji doesn’t get a lot of power ups, but when he eventually gets one it’s something that another character already has and probably even inferior because it’s not a devil fruit. Also the joke about Sanji peeping was never funny and it’s still not funny.

This chapter was meh.
Jan 31, 2019 11:50 PM

Jan 2018
Sanji looks so badass in that outfit.

Ooh, nice plot twist with Big Mom there.
Feb 1, 2019 12:06 AM
Aug 2017
Well Oda did the Amnesia thing twice now and no one could be better suited for this than big mom.
Pudding could solve the problem, but she would find some unpleasent memories...

Im so happy for Sanji that his dream of invisibility has come true xD
Feb 1, 2019 12:57 AM

Sep 2014
Big Mom losing her memory lol, I feel like she'll help Luffy defeat Kaido.
Feb 1, 2019 1:59 AM

Nov 2012
Page One is more competent than I expected, at least he shows why he's considered one of the strongest Headliners.

Germa Suit wasn't a troll, I'm thankful for that. He looks like a proper ninja now.

There's a Poneglyph in Orochi's possession, nice job Robin.

If this is used to make Big Mom an ally against the Beast Pirates, I will be incredibly dissapointed in Oda, that's way too cliché of a plot device. I hope she gets them back soon, at least her crew is there in Wano so there's still some tension there that Oda could use. Pudding could sove this easily, too bad Oda didn't show her last chapter.

Feb 1, 2019 2:02 AM
Nov 2015
Nice chapter
Sanji's suit and design was epic
Robin in a big trouble, hope they tell her sth important before she could escape
I'm a little bit shocked of the amnesia part though.
Feb 1, 2019 2:09 AM
Sep 2018
Pretty good chapter all round and damn boy that raid suit looks nice.

Big mom is gonna play a bigger role than I thought now.

Robin fight coming??
Feb 1, 2019 2:14 AM

Mar 2018
Even though I'm not a huge fan of Big Mom losing her memories, the way Oda handled the raid suit made me fully trust his writing again. Let's see what comes out of the amnesia.
Feb 1, 2019 2:15 AM
Mar 2018
Sanji looked so cool in that raid suit!!!! His long lost dream of being invisible was also fulfilled but in a rather ironic way!!!! And most important thing is Big Mom suffering from amnesia ? If she is; then what a twist to the story!!!!!
Feb 1, 2019 2:22 AM
Jul 2018
Oh look, Yongo having a plot convenient ally with Big Mom!A yonko almost drowned and died , but the waves drifted her ashore out of pure luck/plot convenience, not to mention, her entire crew couldn't help their captain either. Except Katakuri BM pirates have been written in a pretty bad manner.

Would be glad if she permanently forgets through that amnesia and no ally business but doubt that will happen. And I am already tired of this amnesia device now, just give us new things already.

Kuma said:

How? Amnesia isn't anything new
Feb 1, 2019 2:32 AM

Mar 2015
Digitalexile said:
Kuma said:
it's big... mom... literally...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 1, 2019 2:34 AM
Jul 2018
Kuma said:
Digitalexile said:
it's big... mom... literally...

Ah I see now haha..
Feb 1, 2019 3:40 AM

Nov 2018
Really_Doe said:
Amnesia? Really Oda? How convenient, what a terrible plot device.

How exactly is this a "terrible plot device"? Do you even know what a plot device actually is and how it is supposed to work? Also we do not even know yet how this will influence the plot. Stop jumping the gun like a retard.

Digitalexile said:
Oh look, Yongo having a plot convenient ally with Big Mom!A yonko almost drowned and died , but the waves drifted her ashore out of pure luck/plot convenience, not to mention, her entire crew couldn't help their captain either. Except Katakuri BM pirates have been written in a pretty bad manner.

Would be glad if she permanently forgets through that amnesia and no ally business but doubt that will happen. And I am already tired of this amnesia device now, just give us new things already.

Kuma said:

Same goes for you. "Amnesia device"? What the hell is that even? Could you people please stop coming up with ridiculous buzzwords or using them wrong in general? It seems you think amnesia is overused? So far Oda only used it with Sabo as far as I recall. And you whine for "new things" even though Wano has already been full of new things already?
Feb 1, 2019 3:48 AM
Jul 2018
anilogXoXo said:
Really_Doe said:
Amnesia? Really Oda? How convenient, what a terrible plot device.

How exactly is this a "terrible plot device"? Do you even know what a plot device actually is and how it is supposed to work? Also we do not even know yet how this will influence the plot. Stop jumping the gun like a retard.

Digitalexile said:

Same goes for you. "Amnesia device"? What the hell is that even? Could you people please stop coming up with ridiculous buzzwords or using them wrong in general? It seems you think amnesia is overused? So far Oda only used it with Sabo as far as I recall. And you whine for "new things" even though Wano has already been full of new things already?

Man, shounen fans really talk a lot without knowing what's plot device, how amnesia is used there, etc.

https://chantwoodmagazine.com/chantwood-blog/2017/10/amnesia-as-a-plot-device-why-its-not-great?&ampcf=1

There are thousands of articles, even a tvtrope page for Amnesia plot device, read those first, understand, and then come back to argue here. Otherwise please don't ask me anything.
Feb 1, 2019 3:49 AM

May 2018
Amnesia? A bit cliche but let see how this turn out. Lol! Law is fan of the comic where Germa is the villain.
Feb 1, 2019 3:51 AM

Feb 2018
What a lame twist, big mom is an idiot. I hope she gets killed of in this arc.
Feb 1, 2019 4:05 AM

Nov 2018
and law is secretly a germa fanboy..
*SFX: Germa theme song.
Feb 1, 2019 4:13 AM

Jun 2014
Sanji looks cool in his Germa raid suit. Meanwhile, Robin is in a pretty terrible situation right now, I wonder how she'll talk her way out of this one. Big Mom has amnesia......hm, lets see where that goes. Like others have said, it's possible that it could be used to turn her into an ally this arc, but we'll have to wait and see.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 1, 2019 4:27 AM
Aug 2018
@anilogXoXo It doesn't matter how it will influence the plot, the fact that Oda used amnesia as a plot device twice now is kind of pathetic.
Feb 1, 2019 4:53 AM
Dec 2018
Big Mom with amnesia, a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. I don't know why but seeing Sanji in that suit reminded me of Sogeking, it was just a random thought. So Law is a comic book fan, Nice (crosses arms like Joseph Joestar).
Feb 1, 2019 5:41 AM
Jul 2018
Sanji looks badass af, also Law knows way too much about the Germa, he should've went to WCI.

I don't like the Amnesia plot device tho, but it's Oda so we'll just have to trust him, I really hope Big Mom won't ally with the Straw Hats tho
Feb 1, 2019 6:08 AM

Oct 2015
The raid suit does look cool, but Sanji will have it redesigned a little bit I guess.
My first tought when he turned invisible was "oh well, his old dream actually comes true?!" And next page he actually starts talking about it, haha.
Law seemed a bit out of character with his comic-knowledge, but it was funny.

Either Robin will flee, or come up with a really really good story. Highly doubt a "...I was looking for the bathroom...?" excuse would settle things. Right now my best guess would be if she said she's working for Kaidou, making sure the shogun isn't doing anything bad (i don't know what could be bad for Kaidou from the shogun), and if she dies, Kaidou will know and kill them? Or she was expecting to be discovered and already has a plan to escape. She's probably the smartest in the crew, so she can figure this one out.

Amnesia is indeed a cliché overall (not that much in One Piece!), but I'm pretty sure almost noone expected Big Mom to wake up with amnesia. This makes things much much more unpredictable. I doubt she'll become the ally of the strawhats. It would feel like a cheap trick to defeat Kaidou. For now we should just wait, and not to judge Oda's story. He has proved many times he's good at writing good stuff.

Feb 1, 2019 6:26 AM

Jan 2014
Big Mom amnesia could be exploited into the downfall of Kaido.
Feb 1, 2019 7:19 AM

Sep 2016
Amnesia? Really? You can do it much better Oda.

I loved the first part of Sanji with the suit tho.
Feb 1, 2019 7:59 AM

Nov 2012
Really hoping Oda doesn't go this route

Feb 1, 2019 8:41 AM

Nov 2016
SuperRed said:
Really hoping Oda doesn't go this route

Regarding the last chapter and how Puddings power works, it wouldn't make much sense.

But ok, let's assume with "just you wait Strawhat" she actually meant, just wait, I'm going to help you, lol

What about her crew then or Napoleon ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 1, 2019 8:52 AM

Jan 2017
Badass Sanji.

'I always hated Germa
ME TOO' lol

Looks like Big Mom lost her memories, she might be an ally against Kaidou
Feb 1, 2019 9:09 AM
Nov 2015
Gythia said:
l don't like the Amnesia plot device tho, but it's Oda so we'll just have to trust him, I really hope Big Mom won't ally with the Straw Hats tho

Couldn't agree more
Feb 1, 2019 10:35 AM
Feb 2019
Really_Doe said:
Amnesia? Really Oda? How convenient, what a terrible plot device. I hope it’s not going to be something predictable, like them using Big Mom for the operation.

Sanji obtaining the ability to turn invisible is underwhelming as hell. Sanji doesn’t get a lot of power ups, but when he eventually gets one it’s something that another character already has and probably even inferior because it’s not a devil fruit. Also the joke about Sanji peeping was never funny and it’s still not funny.

This chapter was meh.
Why do you think amnesia is terrible plot device?
Feb 1, 2019 10:46 AM
Feb 2019
I like the amnesia plot. I think big mom will regain her memory in a very complicated situation which is rather funny but a very intense part in wana arc. And that will trigger a clash between big mom and luffy in wano while kid is making his revenge to kaido.
Feb 1, 2019 10:54 AM

Feb 2017
Oh shoot Sanji has invisibility powers with the suit now. Also BM got amnesia now. This is going to be really intriguing.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Feb 1, 2019 11:12 AM

Feb 2015
I don't like the memory lost plot device but if it gives Chopper and Big Mom good character development, I'm alright with it.

As long as Big Mom doesn't become an ally...
SenorPinkFeb 1, 2019 11:29 AM
An island from a dream within a dream? I could never pass up a great adventure like this!
Feb 1, 2019 11:17 AM

Nov 2008
So, almost drowning in the ocean has trashed Big Mom's memory. I wonder if it trashed any of her devil fruit powers?

What would be really fun now would be for Big Mom to be captured and put into prison along side of Luffy…
Feb 1, 2019 12:43 PM

Dec 2013
Stealth Black baby.. Sanji looks awesome in germa suit :D Big Mom loses memories i think no one was expecting this.
Feb 1, 2019 2:51 PM
Mar 2015
Sanji king of Soba Big Mom back but without her memory
Feb 1, 2019 4:49 PM

Apr 2015
  • And this is why Sanji is one of my favourite characters! His dream finally came true, so happy for him~
  • She lost her memories, wut?
Feb 1, 2019 6:23 PM
Feb 2019
Mean while on Kuri Kuri beach Chopper along with O-Tama! Nin-Nin! They are concerned about Luffy and his escape from Udon’s Prison.Suddenly they encounter a very large women on the beach lying unconscious. In addition to that when Chopper sees her face he is totally shaken to see that its BIG MOM.
Read full review on
https://animeindia.in/one-piece-manga-chapter-931-review/
Feb 1, 2019 7:25 PM

Dec 2014
Great chapter again.

Sanji's raid suit is pure awesome, he looks super cool and it comes with quite a lot of interesting features. I suppose the most important part is that the invisible man dream is not dead yet. XD
He did mention that he wanted Franky and Usopp to take a look at it so I wonder what it'll become.

Robin runs into some ninja while doing some undercover work, I hope she'll be fine.

I did not expect the Big Mom amnesia. Definitely came out of nowhere but I suppose it has the potential to make something interesting come out of it so let's wait and see.
Feb 2, 2019 10:11 AM

Nov 2012
Really_Doe said:

This chapter was meh.

Why is it underwhelming just because another character has the same power? That's like saying Nami getting Zeus is underwhelming because we saw Enel already.

Fact is, considering they are on a reconnaissance mission, camouflage is one of the most useful powers you can have at your disposal.
Feb 2, 2019 11:15 AM
May 2017
I'm gonna bet that Kaidou is going to recruit her if he finds out about her losing her memory. If he and Big Mom team up, we might have another Katakuri level villain running around
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

14 by wallus81 »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.