Jan 13, 2019 3:20 PM

Oct 2018
Raon said:
I regret not becoming an anime fan earlier in my life though. xD

This is my only regret involving anime as well lol :P
Jan 13, 2019 3:21 PM

Jan 2019
drizzy999 said:
I regret not watching it in high school.

For real. There were so many missed friendship opportunities, it hurts.
Jan 13, 2019 3:30 PM
Jan 2019
i love being an anime fan but at the same time i don't i d ont know why but....i kinda regret being one its just that I v became too ubsest.
Jan 13, 2019 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
No.
More characters are needed here.
Jan 13, 2019 3:38 PM
Apr 2016
Nope. While because of it I've turned away from Western things (Western cartoon, tv shows. etc.) meaning I can't really talk to people about those things (Star Wars, idk other shows), I don't really care (as an introvert). So no, I don't and I fully embrace anime as a part of 'who I am'
Jan 13, 2019 3:49 PM

Apr 2017
Please don't ask stupid shit like this.
Jan 13, 2019 4:02 PM

Dec 2008
Never-I've been watching for 20 years and it gave me a really enjoyable hobby.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jan 13, 2019 4:07 PM

Sep 2017
I HAVE NO REGRETS!
If you regret becoming an anime fan, you're not a fan. You're a pan. Idk, I just wanted to rhyme. Don't take offense plz.
Signature
Jan 13, 2019 4:47 PM

Oct 2015
Yes, it is time-consuming there is only one or two jevels for a hundred shitty animes. So i have to watch a lot of anime that I end up hating because they didn't go the way I wanted.
AnowserJan 13, 2019 4:55 PM
Jan 13, 2019 4:51 PM

Sep 2011
No.

Otherwise, I'd end up taking drugs.

Jan 13, 2019 5:31 PM

Aug 2017
i don't regret it at all because most western shows don't keep my interest as well as anime does and i think that anime is much better, but i admit there is some embarrassment there because of the social stigma against anime fans. i wish i could buy and wear merch, but the only thing i've ever felt comfortable showing off in public is either pokemon or studio ghibli merch, which are much less stigmatized.

Jan 13, 2019 5:42 PM

May 2016
i do, i hate this neckbeard lifestyle

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Jan 13, 2019 5:45 PM

Oct 2018
My best friend introduced me to Anime since I was 6 and she was 14 haha. I read lots of fun manga as well though Anime / Manga are not for everyone since most don't even have the time to try to understand it.

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jan 13, 2019 6:53 PM

Jul 2014
Anime is just another form of entertainment. That's the way I look at it. So of course I do not regret being an Anime fan. Sure, some of the series may be a little bit questionable and over the top at times, (especially if other people are around.) But that's just part of the fun. Lol
Jan 13, 2019 6:56 PM

Jun 2015
yes 100%. I wish I could have just been a surface level twitter fan or whatever instead of having to associate with you autists
Jan 13, 2019 6:59 PM

Oct 2015
not really since i don't even watch that much anime anymore.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Jan 13, 2019 6:59 PM

Jan 2016
Ah, that last question, I like it. --
Jan 13, 2019 7:03 PM
Aug 2012
I completely agree with "EcchiGodMamsterP"!

It's all about how you present yourself as an individual. Personally i hate people, a lot, however due to my job and how many people i have to be around on a day to day basis, i express myself as an open/bubbly individual and nobody is any of the wiser.

However.. to answer the actual question.. God i wish i latched onto anime sooner! I feel like i was late to the party, only watching my first anime (Soul Eater) when i was 17 years old (9 years ago!) and i've never looked back since! I've made friends related to my tastes and likes and even my friends who haven't got the slightest clue of what anime/manga is, they luckily don't judge and i've even turned one or two idividuals to watch certain series (Eg. Space Dandy, Attack on Titan, Bleach, Soul Eater etc).

I look forward to many more years of collecting/watching anime and even delving into new manga, especially attending MCM London Comicon annually where i can buy so much!!
Jan 13, 2019 7:03 PM

Apr 2015
I don't regret being an anime fan, what I do regret is being part of a community that seems to be full of annoying, manchild, and narrow-minded people.
Jan 13, 2019 7:08 PM

Mar 2014
No, no-one cares. Apart from guys who find out you like yaoi, my parents would probably worry about me if they found out too. But no regrets.
Jan 13, 2019 7:34 PM

Jul 2017
Short answer is No
Long answer is No.
Jan 13, 2019 7:48 PM

Dec 2018
Hell no anime is the second best thing that happened in my life, without it I'll probably be bored to death

"O kawaii koto"
( ´• ᴗ •` )

I wish i could love myself~

Jan 13, 2019 7:52 PM

Mar 2015
No, it has been a hobby that I have enjoyed enormously these last years, I hope I keep it forever!
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Jan 13, 2019 9:47 PM
🥚

Feb 2016
yes and no. Being an anime fan has given me a hobby and something to look forward too so it actually makes my life a lot better, but there's still my family which think it's a waste of time and that it's the reason i'm.. well yeah. So, I don't regret becoming a fan of anime, but it has ruined some relationships in my family (mainly cause they don't understand it i think) but yeah.

"If you want to change the future, you only need to choose now. Now, believe in yourself and break the egg."

🌻

Anime|Manga|Last.fm|Letterboxd
Jan 13, 2019 10:56 PM

Oct 2015
Not really. I enjoy anime and I enjoy the people I meet from being an anime fan. The only thing I regret even being closely related to being an anime fan are certain toxic people in the community,

But you can get that with any fandom and lucky enough there's more good in fandoms then bad usually.
"Even if there isn't a God or meaning behind life. That doesn't mean you can't create your own meaning and make the best out of life."
Jan 14, 2019 12:32 AM

Mar 2012
How people around you think of you when they see you talk anime, watch anime, see your figures, merchs, manga, blu-rays collection?
Nothing, most people don't even know what anime is here. At best they call them Japanese/Chinese cartoons or mention Doraemon or Shin-chan. I own a few DVDs, manga and data books but I never felt the need to ever show them to anyone.

Is being an anime fan make your life harder?
No, not in the slightest. At best my family just tells me to grow up and stop watching kid's cartoons.

Is anime a mistake?
No but I believe that tsunderes were a mistake.
Jan 14, 2019 12:33 AM

Jul 2017
i mean discovering danshi and nhk is literally the best things that ever happened in like forever so
Jan 14, 2019 12:55 AM

May 2015
I want my reincarnation to also like anime.
Jan 14, 2019 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
when are people going to realize that

if somoene doesn't like you "because you like anime"

thats some underlying issue that person has and nothing to do with you

Raon said:
Watching anime is a common and normal hobby in where I am so the answer is no.

AlexanderGeorge said:
Nobody really cares.
My friends are either anime fans like me or geeks who like superheros comics and gaming.
I don't feel weird or anything like that
But anyway I'm not the kind of weeb who has body pillows and numerous collections of anime realited things.

First of all, I am not an anime fan, and I think I never will be. I really enjoy watching anime. It's just a hobby (one of my favourite hobbys.). But I can't even say I like it. Because in my country, there are not many people who love anime. And if you say you like anime, you will probably get distressing reactions.

"Aren't you too old to watch cartoons?"

"Oh, that's like those weird Japanese cartoons, right?"

"But, you are normal?!"

And the conversation dies down quickly after that. People like to judge things they don't understand (especially in my country). So, I hide the fact that I love anime. I wish I could say "nobody really cares".
removed-userJan 14, 2019 2:17 AM
Jan 14, 2019 2:05 AM

Mar 2016
Anime fans really overestimate how niche the medium is
wow
Jan 14, 2019 3:02 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Raon said:

i regret going through a stupid highschool "im too cool to be a nerd" phase, in which i ofc didn't watch anime

luckily though that lasted maybe 2 years, so it really wasn't anything, if anything it taught me to stop acting that way lol
Jan 14, 2019 4:32 AM

Mar 2015
No I'm already a failure to begin with might as well go all out.
Jan 14, 2019 4:36 AM

Apr 2012
Here weebs are everywhere, so nah.
にゃす!
Jan 14, 2019 4:57 AM

Oct 2018
I regret harshly judging people who like anime.
Jan 14, 2019 5:08 AM

Sep 2017
No not really. I've met some really cool people and even a new religion I can get behind
Are we really gonna make it..?
Jan 14, 2019 5:21 AM

Dec 2013
EVvER yY Dd A Y I REGRETt T H I sSs LLIFE
Jan 14, 2019 5:37 AM

Oct 2010
My only regret is not having internet in my highschool years, then I relied on animax. At least they aired good shows like death note, fma, nana and kyoro-chan.
Jan 14, 2019 6:19 AM

Jan 2019
nah i dont regret it, its helped me alot through bad times (depression,got reject for every love conffesion,stressfull work, etc) since highschool till now.
Jan 14, 2019 6:22 AM
Nov 2018
Let’s be honest, if you’re on this site with an account then you definitely don’t regret watching anime.
Jan 14, 2019 6:29 AM

Aug 2017
No but I regret not becoming an anime fan many years ago.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 14, 2019 6:44 AM

Aug 2015
Anime was not a mistake, it was created on purpose. After the end of World War 2, the Japanese were shook. For a culture built around dignity and honor, it must have been unbearable to face such a disgraceful defeat. The countrymen endured the shame as there was nothing else they could do and allowed the US to basically engineer Japan into a country that fit their ideals. The US took away the tools of hostility from the country but they could never smother the flames of nationalism of the men who lived through the humiliation.

For a long time, they thought hard about how to get back at the US. A conventional revolution or uprising wouldn't work as the difference in armed forces was too large. It had to be a weapon of mass destruction, kind of like a tit for tat for the US. It had to be something subtle so as to not alarm the US. It could've been a bioweapon, like how it is thought that SARS is a disease that was created by the Chinese to spread in the west. Many such ideas were conceived and perhaps worked upon but we don't know for sure right now.

The Japanese were pretty keen on technology by this time, exporting many varieties of tech which included mass media devices. Wait, that was it. The attack could be some form of propaganda or manipulation propagated through the rise of mass media that would weaken the western society. Anime was starting to become popular around this time and the Japanese noticed the influence it had on its own populace. Using anime, they could brainwash an entire country into submission, making the people hate their own culture and idolize the Japanese. It would be seen as such an innocent thing, nobody would suspect anything subliminal. It would end in the superiority of the Japs, making them the pinnacle in the hierarchy.

Anime was introduced in the west around the same time it was in Japan but not everything made it to the west. Many would have watched anime but not have known what it was but it was something that they had never experienced before. Thus, it was time for the full scale attack. The seeds were sown in the 80s and the crops were reaped in the 90s and 2000s. It was a slow but exponentially increasing process. The youth were hooked to this exotic entertainment. Their minds were being filled with imaginary concepts that were apparently existent in the dream land called Nippon. The land of salvation was just an ocean away. The victims would ponder about how dull and lifeless their existence is, how they had been living without anime girls/guys in their lives, how they don't own a katana collection, how they existed without a harem or a cute imouto. "Damn, if I were Japanese my life would've been like one of these MCs" must have been a common thought. These thoughts grew stronger and eventually the victim would succumb to this mind control and become the product desired by the Japs, a weeaboo.

Anime is literally cancer and this website is like a stronghold of that cancer. We are all weeaboos whether we accept it or not. The cancer is growing at an astronomical pace and the doctors have yet to diagnose it. Hence, the victory of the Japanese is inevitable. I wish to only spread the truth as I cannot live with such an immense amount of knowledge, even with an IQ of 196. I accept my defeat and console myself by fapping to loli hentai every night. Stay woke, minna-san.
Jan 14, 2019 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
Raon said:

BlueKite said:
I don't regret being an anime fan but I regret watching some anime.

This is pretty much what sums me up, so... That's my answer.
Jan 14, 2019 8:13 AM
Jan 2019
The only thing keeping me alive is the dire wish to go back in time and prevent myself from ever getting into the vicious abyss that is anime and being a watcher of anime.
Jan 14, 2019 8:24 AM

Apr 2017
Becoming an anime fan was the best choice of my life...
I would have been like the masses that disgust me if I wouldn't have.

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Jan 14, 2019 9:02 AM

Jan 2017
Nah, i'm really glad i got introduced to anime a few years back. Simple minded as i was i thought it was kids stuff but ended up finding masterpieces impacting me on a deep level and to be honest it changed me as a person in a good way!

Sure, money has been spent on merch i probably didn't need but i hold them close to me.
REVIVE MECHA
Jan 14, 2019 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
I honestly never thought that at my current age I would still be watching anime. I used to thing that eventually I will just "get over it", but if anything I enjoy anime more than before, and because of it I've met some awesome people.
Jan 14, 2019 10:44 AM

Jun 2015
The only thing I regret is not getting into anime earlier. I grew up watching television most of my time growing up in the '00s and only found out about Youtube later on in the decade. We had some anime on television but I remember having to get up at the ass crack of dawn just to catch some Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! on TV. Other than that, most of other shows on television at the time were just terrible. I casually watched some anime on Youtube like Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, but it wasn't until the early '10s when I found out about illegal streaming sites that my life changed forever. I don't watch television at all anymore and I couldn't be happier for it. Makes me really wish I had found out about those streaming sites earlier so I wouldn't have to watch so much garbage.

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Jan 14, 2019 2:11 PM

Dec 2010
I do not have very much anime merchandise I am suurounded by books so you could not really tell that I like anime other than the odd manga volume on my book shelves. My dad likes anime he watches it sometimes my brother reads manga and my other brother and mom do not like anime.

no anime is not a mistake at all

Jan 14, 2019 3:09 PM

Aug 2009
If you Google search me (with quotes), a bunch of weeb shit from DeviantArt and YouTube show up.

I've made worse decisions.

Jan 14, 2019 3:20 PM

Jan 2018
Not at all.

I'm kind of bothered that it's not something I can bring up organically IRL though. I'd love to find a friend who shares this common interest.

Also, I had to completely redo my monthly budget and have around $100 less per month that's going towards manga/streaming instead of into my savings accounts. But whatever, I enjoy it.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What does it even mean when people say Ecchi needs to be done tastefully?

Dragevard - 13 seconds ago

0 by Dragevard »»
13 seconds ago

» Happy Mother's Day, Who Are Anime's Best Moms ?

tchitchouan - Yesterday

23 by 3miL »»
4 minutes ago

» Where are horror anime at?

NostalgiaDrive94 - 5 hours ago

14 by DesuMaiden »»
5 minutes ago

» Which of your favorite anime actually has the most interesting story?

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

19 by DesuMaiden »»
7 minutes ago

» Would you allow an anime robot resembling an attractive human female to take your virginity?

TsutanaiFuun - 3 hours ago

19 by DesuMaiden »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.