Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 16, 2019 5:47 AM
Mar 2018
BurningSpirit said:
Ah I love the awkwardness and tension surrounding the entire episode. Poor Natsuo-kun.

Given that ending of this episode, I'm guessing Rui either finds out Natsuo likes Hina or almost did. With that as a starting point, I could see some drama stirring up immediately. And before we even get a chance to breathe, BAM Hina finds out Natsuo and Rui fucked. Perfect drama 10/10. In fact, I'd be disappointed if that didn't happen.

All that will happen much much later
Jan 16, 2019 12:22 PM

Sep 2011
Surely he's one lucky bastard. I'd totally do the same thing if I was on his position.

Also, I smell waifu wars is about to begin.

Jan 16, 2019 11:56 PM

Apr 2010
That was worth watching just for the OP.
Jan 17, 2019 11:58 AM
Aug 2017
FOR THOSE NOT SURE IF TO CONTINUE WATCHING OR NOT

Interesting first episode which make me read the manga, it will get better, i really really recommend watching the anime or reading the manga.

i feel like this is quite a rare anime because:

- there is not a lot of drama and romance anime that has more adult focus(sexual), which heighten the stake and emotion.
- A bit of taboo, which also heighten the stake and introduce drama.
- explore different aspect of love and telling the story upon it ( you can expect some cute interaction between the lover doing couple things, the slow burn realizing you are falling in love, slowly moving on from your past lover)
- one of the best love triangle ever, because you don't know who he will chose for the rest of his live
- The character is not beta, they will realize their love and act upon it, so this is not one of those anime where the couple got together for the last episode or the last two episode.
- Not a harem
- there is decent character development, especially good for the three main cast( they have career that they want to pursue like becoming a writer and chef, which add element to the story and drama).

hopefully the adaptation will follow closely the manga. Because if it is, it might be the best adult(sexual) drama romance to date. And if this anime become a success i hope to see more drama romance that the story actually focus and progress on the romance side of things, instead of becoming just a slice of life anime with a confession at the end of it.
Jan 17, 2019 12:35 PM

Jan 2017
What is this garbage. Was there any actual reason why the father kept the re-marriage hidden from his son? Could have as well just known the fiance without being aware of her daughters.

Just so many unbelievable and arbitrary circumstances thrown together that it completely takes away any enjoyment one could have whilst watching it. Suspension of disbelief is totally impossible for me when an anime is treating me like a retard.
Jan 17, 2019 12:36 PM
Supporter

Nov 2018
Never have I had such low expectations for a show, only to find It's potential to be one of the greatest romance anime of all time. (Note: I have not read the manga) I thoroghly think that this show has potential and am ecstatic to see how it develops. But, as optimistic as I want to be, I think DNK has plenty of potential to crash and burn the plot. Some examples of this could be focusing to much on sexuality, underminding personal relationships, and under-developing characters(the girls especially). But as a final note here, the dad is amazing. 10/10 dad.
Jan 17, 2019 1:18 PM
Aug 2017
if the adaptation stays faithful to the manga, and adapt it in its entirety, i can assure you it will be a very good romance anime, and the character development is very good for a romance anime, if this anime ends up being a 12 episodes or 24 episodes anime, i recommend you to read the manga because it is really worth it, and its still going strong 250 or so chapters in.
Jan 18, 2019 1:53 AM

Mar 2016
This anime legit kept getting mentioned to me both outside of MAL and irl. This will be quite an extraordinary show...

This season's OPs' are litttt!!! This show's OP is impressive! I love it! Not only does it got great music but the OP's visual is not the typical static visuals that these kinds of slice-of-life/romance show got either (for the most part). The same thing can also be said to the ED which is also just as great.

So the first thing presented to the audience is some ???( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)??? scene between Natsuo and Rui, but then shit gets more interesting...

Natsuo, a kind guy who loves his teacher got asked by some stranger girl he just met (Rui) to have sex together just because she just want to experience how it felt like and to understand the thought process of others who had already have sex before. That's one hell of a reason. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Turns out Natsuo's father had already begun dating a woman and the other woman turns out to be his Teacher, Hina's and Rui's mother... Goddamn, I'm just banging my head in amusement! Yare Yare... SMH

The teacher who Natsuo loved and the girl who he had his first time with are both his new step sisters... Beside this uncanny start of a story, this show got nice animation and visual quality on top of good OST.

2019 is looking bright!
ShadowkillZJan 19, 2019 3:10 AM
Jan 19, 2019 12:22 AM

Nov 2014
SNDT said:
BurningSpirit said:
Ah I love the awkwardness and tension surrounding the entire episode. Poor Natsuo-kun.

Given that ending of this episode, I'm guessing Rui either finds out Natsuo likes Hina or almost did. With that as a starting point, I could see some drama stirring up immediately. And before we even get a chance to breathe, BAM Hina finds out Natsuo and Rui fucked. Perfect drama 10/10. In fact, I'd be disappointed if that didn't happen.

All that will happen much much later
Oh, damn... a little more breathing room than I thought. Hopefully we get some other scandals that cause lots of awkward tension in the mean time then!
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 19, 2019 1:25 AM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
The first two episodes were a very pleasant surprise. The show's description was fascinating enough to warrant giving this a watch but at the same time it sounded like it could have very easily been a trashy show like Oreimo or Ero Manga Sensei. I'm really glad to see it's actually serious and trying to tell an interesting story.
Jan 19, 2019 2:49 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was weirdly enjoyable, I really hate how it quickly turned into incest, I hate when they pull off that shit.
I adore the opening and the ending sequences front the get-go, and that's something I rarely ever do. I also am all for that right color clustering effect on the edge they make it seem as you're watching straight out after a long drinking session.
I really can't blame the dude honestly, he was attracted to his teacher all of that time, he can't possible immediately forget all about everything, plus, Hina doesn't make it easier on him either, that's a lot of cleavage for the first day in your new family.
This is better off being set at Alabama.
Jan 20, 2019 7:54 AM

Aug 2013
Great OP and the ED isn't that bad.

Interesting start.

Feb 2, 2019 6:17 PM

Jul 2009
Great starting episode! My follow up Anime to Yagate Kimi ni Naru! Kinda disappointed with the censors, but it is to be expected.

Animation kinda looks iffy, but I get used to it. I think Rui looks much cuter in the Manga tbh.

Anyways, I'll probably gonna reread the manga again after a few episodes just to see how it goes. So far, I think it happens exactly as the Manga.

Anyways can't wait for the next one! Can anyone tell me who's the gravure model on the PV :O

SomaHeirFeb 2, 2019 6:56 PM
Feb 3, 2019 5:01 AM

Aug 2017
Ok, this is bad, really bad to the point of being unrealistic.

So, generic MC has sex with a random girl. Also, generic MC has a crush on her teacher.

Teacher and random girl are sisters.

MC's dad remarried with a woman. Woman is the mother of the teacher and random girl. So, teacher and random girl are the stepsisters of generic MC.

So bad it's good.

This is shit even from the start.

NurguburuMar 25, 2019 8:15 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 3, 2019 9:37 AM

Jun 2013
Where have I seen this hentai before?
Feb 10, 2019 1:54 AM

May 2015
KizunaAi_ThisHasTurnedIntoADifficultSituation.jpg
Feb 11, 2019 1:56 AM

Apr 2012
This is the kind of shit storm that I like.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 17, 2019 7:45 PM

Sep 2008
Not offended just pointing out because of all this Social Terrorism (ST) surrounding things like goblin slayer, shield hero, and Vic.

Three minutes in you see a teacher sexually harass one of her students...so i had to stop and search about this because i havent heard of it. Yep no REEeeee about this because the teacher is female.

Double standard!
Mar 9, 2019 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
the only thing i liked was the op and the ed
Mar 22, 2019 6:51 PM
Jun 2017
rsc-pl said:
I'm not really sure how I feel about this series. My expectations are still low. It's Diomeda in the end.
I just hope that it won't be all about fucking and being edgy like Kuzu no Honkai.
Anyway, nice to see that more and more studios are getting on the right track with shading (especially character's hair and clothes). I was getting sick if almost non existing shading in past few years.

Fucking hell, there's barely any series like that yet we still get moaners... Find some other fucking show. Anime's big enough, you can find any shit you like.
Mar 23, 2019 3:18 PM

Aug 2016
I am pleasantly surprised that the MC didn't wimp out.
Mar 23, 2019 3:24 PM
Mar 2019
I loved the first episode because of the akwardness of this what i would say different beginning of an love story.
Mar 30, 2019 8:49 PM

Aug 2017
Best first episode I've seen in ages!

Wow will it be like Kiss x Sis? I like this one a lot so far! Both girls beautiful too!
Apr 5, 2019 4:48 AM

Jul 2016
That escalated quickly!
Apr 8, 2019 3:16 PM

Oct 2012
So my favourite manga series got adapted, yay! Yay?

First I have to say that I have a big problem with voices, Natsuo is okay but both sisters are not. I get what they tried here (having Rui act like more intellingent while younger and Hina more airhead while older) but it doesn't work as intended due to bad direction (or so I think). They really shifted their characters by doing that. This being subpar Diomedea I'm not too surprised but it still deserved better, Hina should have been voiced by Kikuko Inoue type instead, of at least Kayanon, that would be a lot better than Hikasa Youko who is trying to act funny but isn't not good at it. Well, here I only hope I get used to it nothing else.

Other than that, episode was mostly fine and it didn't felt like rushing either but their emotions were pretty average at times. Nothing too bad but also nothing stellar.

I would recommend reading great manga instead as you'll probably get more emotional by doing that but maybe they will improve a bit in future episode, we'll see.
Apr 8, 2019 6:22 PM

Apr 2015
This is like watching edited hentai on YouTube.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 16, 2019 8:44 AM

Feb 2014
wow the amount of coincidences in this amino is superb

1- He likes a girl who is his teacher
2- He did it with the teacher's imouto
3- His father will get remarried with those girls mother
4- They are now a family
5 -When he was about to kiss sensei her sister opened the door

May 15, 2019 8:34 PM

Nov 2014
Well, one of my watchlist for this Winter, and i think it's really good. the OP by was really ear-catching and awesome, one of my fav OP this Winter, Prop to Minami, The ED by Alisa Takigawa was good too, both of the song fit the series theme especially The OP.

I used to read this long time ago when it just 30-40 chap long ( quite forgot few things in it), didn't expect to be adapted while already reached around 200s chapter (if iam not mistaken).I think for the 1st episode, it's already good. I understand they tend to cut few scene from manga, but so far is fine for me.

Yeah, can't wait to see Natsuo's "adventure" with Rui and Hina with some up and downs of drama plus some light comedy. anyway nice adaptation for the lewd scene :D i bet there'll be more of it in BD, NatsuoxRui ftw btw XD.
May 23, 2019 11:47 PM

Jun 2009
Episode was meh (already dislike the guy). Opening was badass.
Jun 4, 2019 12:13 AM

Sep 2011
This is my type of anime!
Oct 8, 2019 12:40 PM

Jan 2016
I love Minami's voice omg OP is amazing.
Didn't realize it was in this anime before watching.

Also the plot for this anime is ridiculous lmfao what the fuck.
Dec 8, 2019 9:56 PM

Feb 2019
The best word to describe this is spicy. Definitely guilty pleasure material.

Hina is cuter than I expected, I already got the gist of what the story is from my friends, but was not expecting that at all.

Overall looks really nice animation-wise. I think I'm going to really enjoy this series, even if it is a guilty pleasure.

Loved it!
Jan 4, 2020 10:03 PM

Aug 2018
I was yelling at him, don’t do it! Don’t do it son, that witch of a imouto is hanging around. But, he paid no attention to me. Lol
Mar 23, 2020 3:42 AM

Oct 2017
I'm gonna continue this anime for it's neat animation and fanservice lol.
nerd_64Mar 23, 2020 4:33 AM
May 19, 2020 11:31 PM
May 2020
Masterpiece .
I never seen any Anime like this before .
I watched 863 Anime but this is my favourite.
Jun 29, 2020 12:12 PM

Jun 2020
I can’t stand all the teachersmicroflirtingwiththeirstudentswinkingandbeinginappropriate troupe in anime IRL they would alr be in jail lol

Anyw WOW THAT OP. So good! ♡_♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 2, 2020 2:51 PM

Mar 2019
Of course Rui has to enter the room when the MC has to kiss the teacher.But ngl, I like this.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 24, 2020 6:14 AM
May 2019
Tokoya said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

the anime version never shows everything, so no surprise there
I'm gonna hope that the BD's don't let me down though

Well you're in luck.. I just started it on blu ray. Completely uncensored.
Oct 26, 2020 2:24 PM

May 2018
Lol ok. Sounds so stupid but I'm hooked xD
Jul 3, 2021 8:28 AM

Aug 2014
This is good, real and nice, realistic Tokyo life (probably). I didn't know that this great OP song I've seen on youtube is from this anime?! Maybe because of that I like it since the start, I hope it will be great later also.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 7, 2021 1:48 AM
Jul 2021
Gigguk was right. I can't look away.
Aug 12, 2021 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
like seriously wtf is happening here???
Apr 21, 2022 12:41 PM
Sep 2018
I think Domestic Girlfriend is a pretty cool guy. Eh lives with two hot setpsisters and doesnt afraid of anything.
First they came for the EreMika shippers, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not an EreMika shipper.

Then they came for the Gabi fans, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Gabi fan.

Then they came for those who loved AOT's ending, and I did not speak out—
    Because I didn't care about AOT's ending.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
May 20, 2022 1:58 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Don't ask why, I have no idea either. Perhaps I just want to experience the ultimate dumpster fire for myself and be able to give my own two cents on it. Honestly if you go in with such expectations, I don't believe it will be as bad as people say. Or maybe it will be even worse... who knows. Can't tell for sure until you've watched it yourself- which I'm finally about to do.

So, first impressions on the first episode: yeah. This is going to be awesome

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 2, 2022 12:13 PM
Jul 2022
cl it was ass but the OP is so leng omg
Jan 30, 2023 2:25 AM

Jul 2012
What kind of ep1 is that!!??
Thats the best ep1 for male chara on non-hentai anime lol

B..but!!
That plot twist..
Will they become a family member?

Mar 25, 2023 10:03 AM
Mar 2023
Rating based on the OP

Besides that... this is an anime.. that exists..
Mar 25, 2023 3:51 PM
Jan 2022
it was really disturbing.. I'm traumatised for life and how will i recover from this?
Only by the first EP ? Nah i need my life back
Apr 1, 2023 8:12 AM
Apr 2023
hello watsapppppp
Aug 31, 2023 8:03 AM
Aug 2023
very interesting and surprisingly emotional anime
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

262 by jamesheller9009 »»
Apr 19, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

155 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 18, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

141 by venbals »»
Apr 15, 6:47 PM

» It has a happy ending

removed-user - Mar 11

37 by Kwiatek280 »»
Apr 15, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

131 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.