Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 6, 2019 4:39 AM

Jan 2011
My hidden gem of the season. While there are still obvious ways the story can continue, this was a surprisingly good way to wrap it up without leaving the lingering plot points feeling too frustrating. Of course I'd very much be down for more.
Jan 12, 2019 4:36 AM
Mar 2012
Good closure for her arc. Both Loliasuka & Asuka faced their guilt, realized & relieved of their self punishment, while remembering Kyohei. Pretty wack abstract black white visuals felt like going down Gunbuster/Eva route. Asuka finally getting her equalizer cassette, and aiming for the same college as Yuu is satisfying enough for me.
Surprising there's not another cliche final big battle, instead it resolves our mc & the villain's main troubles by cross self introspection.
But an open ending is hard to grasp, as Kyo's simultaneous disappearance, and King of Twilight were still crucial plot threads. Hope there's some sequel. Or maybe the game explains more?
So many parts I like about this... despite inconsistent art, there's great music overall, cool OP, well done CG battles, nice themes, worldbuilding isekai driven character growth, fun characters, and Asuka(s) fantastic va.
Feb 10, 2019 9:25 PM

Feb 2008
This series was sitting in my "Watch someday" bucket. Watched the first episode yesterday afternoon and didn't stop until episode 8. Finished it this afternoon. It was annoying at times but there were a couple of interesting bits that made me want to plough through to the end. I liked contrast between the maturity of the older version of Asuka and that of the younger version.

Really liked the choice for the last song...didn't instantly recognize it but sussed it out quickly...it's a standard that someone somewhere will pick and sing every now and then in some random snack or bar's karaoke. Just can't remember who I know that has a track record for picking it.
Feb 17, 2019 10:49 PM

Mar 2010
Better than I thought it would be, didn't think much of it when I first started watching, finished it up in a binge watchathon and loved it.

Hoping for season 2 to clear up the missing kyohei and other stuffies!
Mar 8, 2019 4:00 PM
Mar 2017
I was just planning to watched the first episode of this anime but now I already finished it. I was confused in the first 2 episode and almost decided to dropped this show but thank god I did not. It's not that bad at all. Hope this will have another season too clarify the reason of his missing brother.

7/10
Mar 23, 2019 9:27 PM

May 2012
Different ending than what I was expecting, but in general it wasn't a bad resolve to be honest. Quite liked this series in general, it had a quite nice setting and character setup I must say.

And all in all this ending was quite touching and interesting as well! A bit sad we never know what actually happened with Kyo-chan but in general that post credit ending was superb to know that serieusuka is still around and loving the miso!

With that Asuka got her own tape, it does provide some followup sequences but in general I doubt we'll see any.
Aug 30, 2019 3:37 PM

Oct 2012
Actually good ending. Think the part when she was talking about the possibilities, walking and leaving the puddles or worlds behind her was really nicely done. And I'm also glad there was no final fight trope, everything resolved pretty nicely even without it.

The show cetainly wasn't the best at times but at the same time it really had some moments and similiarly to Yuuki Yuuna was Yuusha de Aru it didn't shy away from some serious and dark moments too. No resurrections or deus ex machinas in there which was one of another pros.

And the best thing here is that all their fights and supernatural things can also be seen as fanatasies and metaphores of their inner struggles when coming of age, coping wither past grievances and moving on with their lives.

In the end, even if only slightly above average, I can say I actually enjoyed this series.

6/10
Jan 31, 2020 2:44 AM
Feb 2016
Quite enjoy this show. Pretty mediocre series tho. No conclusive explanation abt kyo disappearance lol. At least seriusuka still alive
Feb 14, 2020 7:56 PM
Jan 2017
Why is this show no more popular!?! My god this is an amazing hidden gem. Now grnated its not perfect the begging was a bit idk generic. but my god they pulled it out in my opinion. The character development is awesome how they got the caharcters to accept themselves and not just leave it at "magic and friendship fixed all my problems once and here by Im not forever confident". They come back and address it and reassure they are gonna try to be the best them ever. PLUS they even made fun of the trope "why doesnt the bad guy attack when theyre transforming"
all that plus some great social commentary.
This was a 9/10 for me.
I do kinda wish they would make a 2nd season or ova or even a movie that just explains what happend to Asuka's brother. They dnt gotta reunite them or anything I mean hell end it like FMA for all I care but I just GOTTA know what the hell happened?
Feb 18, 2020 8:27 PM

Oct 2019
Very underrated show yet nice and enjoyable nonetheless. I'd take this instead of overrated harem with boring male mc these days.

Also I wonder what's their point in putting sony walkman on this show, wasn't that already extinct like 2 decades ago? lol
andrearionaFeb 29, 2020 10:07 PM
Mar 22, 2020 11:20 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I'm glad I picked this series up. The anime is underrated and I didn't pick up before due to the low score on mal. But I love the mc after marathon through it.
I like Asuka's personality and her love for chikuwa. It's was entertaining and fun ride. 9/10

The Ending Song from this series is so bomb. Definitely a style I don't usually hear for anime, more like asian drama style.
Jun 24, 2020 9:32 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Man, finally Asuka received her Equalizer thingy. Its about time! And fuck, Seriousuka alived like DAMN, ITS OBVIOUS! So, thats it, and ah, i was very relieved that the yuri vibes only happen on the previous episode without being directed link to both of them. I feel like empty seeing their relations, like that little Asuka. So, yeah, its a good thing to make it simple and relaxing. As they finally be abled to seeing the twilight in the good terms, all of the deviational errors had been solved.

Because, yeah, the source of cause, Asuka, finally be able to accepted the reality about her missing brother. Kyou, as he implied as the person whom kept in peace always in Asuka's heart. So, dont mind it and keep moving on. Asuka, as a person that walk pass the bridge, and accross the twilight, relieved Kyou memories in her heart, and get a freedom. All about the methaphor inbetween the twilight really sweet and so warmth. As a twilight in your tomorrow, the breeze stood still and always be there to give you some couraged. Yeah, its nice. A soothing memories. And that nice warming session was never failed to miss their stands. So be with this show.

I don't give a fuck. This show full of allegory, full of moral lesson, full of abstractism, full of cherisful future, full of freedom, and many more. I would gladly take this show on my 10. No other meaningless reason. This show was my absolute masterpiece at their type of show. I really love it. No other way to reject the goodness on this last and every section on previous episode. I was even ignore the nonsensical relationship that happen between both of the MC. Because, yeah, its a freedom. You must accepting it, or be burnt of it below the shine of the twilight.

Thats it for this show. No other comment for this masterpiece. Amazing job! And i felt pity for every person whom can't even realize the simplicity of these show and decide to dump this. They were all just an absolute dumb. Thats it. And, RELEASE YOUR TWILIGHT SELF!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 5, 2020 1:46 PM

May 2013
Got some Interstellar vibes from the first half of the episode.

Not bad overall, liked the whole internal struggle aspect faced by each character, though after the episode where they were all watching a cowboy show, then ended up in a cowboy distopian setting, it got me thinking, perhaps it was all in their heads, and none of it actually happened... Maybe it could have even been a fever dream.

Either way I quite liked the legends of tomorrow style, where it wasn't taking itself too seriously in the different universe shards, until the last few episodes where it got a little more serious.
Jun 10, 2022 10:55 PM

Feb 2014
So, why Asuka´s brother dissapeared all of sudden? Was he an imaginary brother or something? I didnt get it.
So random.

About Seriouska, we had that scene where there is someone stealing the miso soup, implying she is alive. But they could have at least shown her shadown over the sand in that last scene on the beach to put me more at ease xD

What happened to Ero Yu, by the way? I guess we will never know since this is -accordingly to MAL- an original (unless they release an OVA sequel, which I highly doubt by this time).

Would give this show 7.5/10 without second thoughts. But too bad there is no 0.5 score here on MAL. That would help a bunch. I am now stuck between 7 and 8/10

---

By the way, funnily enough, there are decent amount of people saying or showing how they enjoyed this series but they are giving it an average score xD
TechOtakuJun 11, 2022 8:51 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akanesasu Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2018

29 by LeeTailor »»
Oct 8, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Akanesasu Shoujo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2018

73 by TechOtaku »»
Jun 7, 2022 9:59 PM

Poll: » who is the best girl?

NanaPirro - Dec 3, 2018

4 by Gvendoline »»
Oct 8, 2020 8:09 AM

» Is Akanesasu Shoujo underrated to the bottom?

Rachiba - Dec 12, 2018

8 by badabass »»
Jun 24, 2020 9:42 AM

Poll: » Akanesasu Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2018

25 by badabass »»
Jun 24, 2020 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.