Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 23, 2008 8:23 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
it's sad hat hakuoro doesn't stay i wonder if there well be another season?
Mar 23, 2008 8:31 PM

Nov 2007
Mar 24, 2008 1:44 AM

Dec 2007
I suspect the OVA will mostly be backstory that they couldn't fit into the main series. The game ending isn't that far off from the anime, with the exception that it gives a little more of a hint that Hakuoro returned. In that respect, it's highly doubtful that they'll get another season, as they've already exhausted most of the source material.
There's plenty more they can do with the series if they really want to, but from what I've seen in the past, I wouldn't expect much. The trend is more to quit before all the original source material has been used, rather than to go that far beyond it.
Mar 24, 2008 1:05 PM

Jun 2007
hmm, talking about ep 26...

the ending was sad... too sad... its the first ending that drove me to almost wanting to shed a tear. i kinda wanted the kiss to happen, but it felt so sad then. the after story for everyone seemed just fine, except by the fact that yuzuha died... and that eruruw didnt get to stay with hakuoro. anyways, this anime met my expectations and even went higher. i might be a sucker for action + romance, but this anime really hit my heart, and is going to be remembered forever.

who knows what the OVA will be about...
Mar 25, 2008 11:53 PM

Oct 2007
about the OVA, my friend says he read somewhere that it will be about

As for the episode...man i loved it but hated the very end...she turns around and smiles...what the heck! I wished they told us whether or not they were reunited at the very end.

game spoiler

well it was nice, and followed the game fairly closely. One of my all time favs =3

KORE DOZO ☆ヽ(´ー` )ノ Hauu~ Omochikaeri!!
Apr 10, 2008 5:34 AM

Apr 2007
harouki said:
about the OVA, my friend says he read somewhere that it will be about

That explains this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2008 1:04 PM

Jul 2007
yeah, i think it happened in the game. Eruru was the one who taught Urutori how to take care of the baby like changing diapers, etc.
Jun 25, 2008 2:35 PM

Apr 2008
wow so the ova is complete waste of time to watch aww...... man but serously the ending was sad!
Aug 10, 2008 1:04 PM

Oct 2007
That was a pretty sad ending, which really suits my taste. I started this anime without much expectations but it became one of my favorites now. ~waits for OVAs~

Aug 16, 2008 8:51 PM

Feb 2008
the ending was rather good....i thought. but it was sad. you kinda understand why it had to go down the way it did though.

btw didnt his "god" form remind you of Age's contract race form from heroic age? it did to me.
Dec 20, 2008 8:14 PM

Aug 2008
Sad ending, and interesting plot twists.
Never played the game, so the expreience is "new".

But I wonder, was the story much better explained in the game? I felt the pace change dramatically towards the end, so I can't help but feel like they couldn't put in more stuff that helped explained further the revelations that were showned towards the end. Grasped the essentials, so I think I undertood it all eitherway, so...

Anyways, good anime, and cool characters.
Feb 1, 2009 4:08 PM

Dec 2008
hmm, at the very end of that episode.
when Eruruu said that she and Aruruu is waiting for him, forever and ever.
while she turned and her eyes seem to water, followed by a bright smile of her... i think thats answer enough that he returned and i will live with that dream/opinion, as she really deserves to be happy...

good series overall, wasnt expecting this...
Feb 3, 2009 6:32 AM

Dec 2008
It was just too sweet !! Well, that's not the right word. What I mean is sweet, but without the 'tasty' feeling.

No, that doesn't sound right either.

Let's start that again, I am touched by the ending. It was sooo ... memoriable! Yes, that's the word!!

I've got to re-watch this one again !!
Feb 9, 2009 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
I thought the ending was pretty good even though a lot happened at the end. I've seen worse endings though.
Mar 10, 2009 9:12 PM

Aug 2008
yea liked ending just wish they reunited them at end...
Mar 15, 2009 10:41 PM

Jan 2008
Ending was ok, though a sad ending at that. Did Yuzuha die? Did I miss something?
Mar 17, 2009 6:07 PM

Dec 2008
She was saved by Hakuoro, for her second time.
Apr 15, 2009 2:38 PM

Oct 2007
Richard_Omega said:
hmm, talking about ep 26...

the ending was sad... too sad... its the first ending that drove me to almost wanting to shed a tear. i kinda wanted the kiss to happen, but it felt so sad then. the after story for everyone seemed just fine, except by the fact that yuzuha died... and that eruruw didnt get to stay with hakuoro. anyways, this anime met my expectations and even went higher. i might be a sucker for action + romance, but this anime really hit my heart, and is going to be remembered forever.

who knows what the OVA will be about...

This. It's so comparable to some mecha anime you all know out there but the romance here makes it even more special even though it was implied/onesided for most of the series. This episode made up for it. First 10 I've given since CG. =)
Jun 20, 2009 10:19 AM
Apr 2009
Kinda sad ending, even though it somewhat hinted that Hakuro returned (as a spirit or something).
Jul 12, 2009 7:16 PM
Apr 2008
Overall it was an enjoyable series, kinda sad they rushed yuzuha death and was hoping to see her with her eyes open like in the opening oh well still great serie
Jul 14, 2009 2:55 PM

Apr 2008
At firs I almost dropped the show. But thank God I didn't!

I'm a sucker for this kind of anime. It's one of the best I have ever seen. I coudn't stop my tears from flowing when Hakuoro "whent to sleep".
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Jul 15, 2009 7:32 PM

Jul 2008
i still don't get the whole futuristic part of it but other than that great anime
Jul 23, 2009 12:09 AM

Apr 2009
This was the most I cried from any anime. It's so sad, I just hate when someone has to leave everyone behind like that. I'm the weakest when it comes to that situation...

Aug 10, 2009 12:50 AM

Jul 2008
I have to be honest, was pretty much silent tearing the whole 'Goodbye' scene. But the water works was threatening full-blast when they showed Yuzuha's grave. That just really hit me like a slap to the face.

This series could probably be the exact opposite of what I normally look for, but it just somehow stuck with me! Truthfully, the only reason I had watched it was for an adorable little video clip of Eruruu getting her tail pulled, and wagging it later. So cute. And then this amazing anime happened to be underneath it all! I'm very happy to have seen it.
Sep 24, 2009 10:49 AM
Aug 2009
I cried during the ending. I knew Oboro was going to leave but I didn't know Yuzuha died. Aww and she was one of my favorites. It was nice to see that all the characters were happy and moving on. Kuuya is still my favorite, she was so adorable.
Nov 23, 2009 11:30 AM
Jul 2009
this was pretty good
Dec 29, 2009 10:26 PM

Jul 2008
Yuzuha's death was foreshadowed way back at the beginning so no surprise there. These god stuff is just unbelievable. Anyone notice the smile face on Hakuoro's mask?
Mar 26, 2010 4:02 PM

Oct 2009
The ending wasn't really that sad, but it was a bit unpleasant. I saw it coming, but I'm glad they had Hakuoro really leave and not make an excuse for him to stay. What I find even more tragic is seeing Kuuya starting life over as a baby. Psychological things like that make me uncomfortable inside :/

Overall this was a very surprising series. I really enjoyed the beginning moments where there was a lot of war battles. Then it goes all sci-fi and supernatural...and I really don't know if they should have did that. I feel on one side it would have been better if it kept doing what it was doing, but on the other side I feel like it was a great twist to keep things interesting and chain everything together. Tough call, but a great series nonetheless. I might look into playing the game some day.

EDIT ~ Looking through the posts, people really cried at this? Okay I guess it's to be expected, but I found the moment lacking in that kind of emotion. I suppose the VAs did a great job and the dialogue was great, but the music didn't do it for me. Maybe it's because an actual song was playing in the background that made me not get teary-eyed. I think I've only cried when the music is a beautiful instrumental piece...though Crisis Core got to me with that lyrical song at the end, and even when there was no music I was crying. I guess it just depends, lighting seems to affect me too. I get more teary-eyed in the dark than when I have the light on.
-Celestial-Mar 26, 2010 4:07 PM
Apr 6, 2010 4:39 AM
Mar 2010
Didn't get what happened with the research thing and stuff at the end :s
Apr 16, 2010 8:48 AM

Oct 2008
Nothing really special. Very average show.

6/10
May 18, 2010 10:03 AM

Jul 2009
It was a sad ending indeed... I'll miss watching this.
9/10.
Aug 7, 2010 11:55 AM

May 2009
Remus_Lupa said:
At firs I almost dropped the show. But thank God I didn't!

I'm a sucker for this kind of anime. It's one of the best I have ever seen. I coudn't stop my tears from flowing when Hakuoro "whent to sleep".

I almost dropped too xD

Liked the ending, tho it was an expected ending.

i give this episode a 3\5, and the show 7\10
Aug 14, 2010 3:50 PM

Sep 2008
It's really disappointing that Oboro did not receive anything besides the lame leadership from Hakuoro, unlike the VN. I guess they tried to push Eruruu as the heroine a lot more than the VN. I hate how they didn't explain the connection between Mutsumi and Iceman, though it not very important perhaps.

Anime was pretty good though since the VN was alright to me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2010 2:30 AM

May 2009
so the people with wings are like his people....like the child he gave birth 2 had wings...

humans, turned into jelly...

for some reason they can't go on the surface and then humanity is wiped out and then their experiments are left over.

shit that was deep, and those winged people are like anscestors of him so that explains the magic power bit :)
i created a club that is building up a emotional "feels" anime collections
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=18987
Click for link^
Jan 15, 2011 2:47 PM

Mar 2009
hm,,, epic anime ,, one of the best ending ever and best story ,,
oboro story is sad ,, when his sister i dead, but life goes on,, at least he has 2 girls on his side ( first time i see a char that has a open realationship ) xD
i am going to be the i the one with the biggest manga pocket collgection

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/enerjak&sclick=1][/url]
Feb 7, 2011 10:58 AM

Aug 2010
i played the game , and watched this episode. hmmm i still didn t see eruwruw reunite with hokoro T_T
Feb 7, 2011 11:05 AM

Aug 2010
enerjak said:
oboro story is sad ,, when his sister i dead, but life goes on,, at least he has 2 girls on his side ( first time i see a char that has a open realationship ) xD

wait !!!? are you saying the 2 little thing that says waka sama are girls???? they are guys !!!!! in the game they even wanted to prove that they are guys >,<
Feb 9, 2011 4:26 AM

Aug 2010
i think , hakuoro is back mmm. cose in teh game. kuuya she says: i found hakuoro ,a nd sakuya got shocked. and aruwruw look at us and jump on mukur to chase hakuoro. and eruwruw looks back with a smile
Mar 4, 2011 11:14 AM

Nov 2010
Hey Guys!

The name of this song is "kimi ga tame", sung by "Suara". :)
Best greetings,
© Johnny
Mar 20, 2011 4:11 AM

Jul 2009
This is probably the third movie/anime ever that's made me feel like i did, now i'm really interested in getting the game to compare it.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

May 10, 2011 12:52 AM

Aug 2010
tthammy said:
enerjak said:

wait !!!? are you saying the 2 little thing that says waka sama are girls???? they are guys !!!!! in the game they even wanted to prove that they are guys >,<

Yeah but in the anime they are meant to be androgynous. Anyways, for those who still didn't get what was going on read the info on Hakuoro http://myanimelist.net/character/288/Hakuoro It explains pretty much the whole post-apocalyptic scenario.

So the final episode was pretty good - could have been better in regard to emotion and such, but I still thought it wrapped things up nicely. The red blob CGI thing was kinda weird, but it was all interesting. I found this anime really addictive from the start, but I never expected it would have such twists towards the end. Unfortunately, I read somewhere that it was a post-apocalyptic anime which was a bit of a spoiler because I reckon that twist was probably the best, although it could be seen as a bit 'Planet of the Apes cliché'.

I'll go as far as 9/10 for the whole series.
Jun 12, 2011 4:59 PM
May 2011
i hated the last episode,why? it meant the anime was over :(
Jun 14, 2011 6:10 PM

Apr 2011
DoubleTalKingReu said:
tthammy said:
enerjak said:

Yeah but in the anime they are meant to be androgynous. Anyways, for those who still didn't get what was going on read the info on Hakuoro http://myanimelist.net/character/288/Hakuoro It explains pretty much the whole post-apocalyptic scenario.

So the final episode was pretty good - could have been better in regard to emotion and such, but I still thought it wrapped things up nicely. The red blob CGI thing was kinda weird, but it was all interesting. I found this anime really addictive from the start, but I never expected it would have such twists towards the end. Unfortunately, I read somewhere that it was a post-apocalyptic anime which was a bit of a spoiler because I reckon that twist was probably the best, although it could be seen as a bit 'Planet of the Apes cliché'.

I'll go as far as 9/10 for the whole series.
they're guy 0.o.... LOL they seem kinda girly... also with that flash back when they were drinking sake they didn't bother to show the chest of them.. it also showed them (cuddling) I guess you could put it.. LOL
Jun 14, 2011 6:15 PM

Apr 2011
And wtf I'm soo depressed after watching this, probably cause it's over ? :/ anyways 10/10 I loved this series so much had all my favorites :P wish there was more like it D: plus the dog tails and ear are too cute. ^0^

~ If anyone know any good anime like this one that has animal like features such as the ears and tail with dramatic/romance story line please feel free to leave a comment on my page *U* thankies. ~
Jul 24, 2011 1:19 PM

Sep 2008
Sad ending... but satisfying enough, I suppose. Nice to finally see Eruruu and Hakuoro admitting their feelings, even though it was right before their parting. Also... sad to see that Yuzuha did end up dying. It would've been cool to see her healed, with her eyes hoping, but that would probably be too much of a stretch, I guess!

At the very least, the ending doesn't actually feel as though it left something to be desired. To my surprise, it does have that feeling of having tidied up loose ends nicely and of having a somewhat peaceful, final conclusion.
Aug 24, 2011 4:15 PM

Mar 2008
I cried. ;_;

Feb 24, 2012 8:31 AM

Nov 2009
Well I just finished this in a couple of days and I have to say it was pretty good overall.

I felt the plot got a bit weak towards the end but the whole humans creating the experiments and their experiments going onto populate the planet was interesting. So Humanity itself was wiped out for some reason which is something alot of anime doesnt deal with which was different.

I felt quite sad seeing Aruruu cry over Hakuoro leaving, I was hoping he would have referred to her as his beloved daughter or something as she always thinks of him as father.

The kiss with Eruruu was expected and very welcome, I would have been disappointed if she didnt relay her feelings before he left.

The ending was good though as I like Bittersweet endings as they always give you something to think about.

10/10 for the episode, 8/10 for the series as a whole.
May 1, 2012 12:27 AM

Sep 2011
Man... Yuzuha died...? That sucked. ;-; (I think THAT had the most impact on me since I didn't really realize it the first time going through the ending)

DoubleTalKingReu said:

And holy shit, thank you so much for this! I've been having a hard time deciding whether or not I should give this anime a 6 or a 7. After fully understanding the whole thing, 7 (good) seems legit. I felt the whole anime was good and I enjoyed it, but it just didn't feel right giving an anime I didn't fully understand a 7. So yeah, thanks again! :)

One last thing, loved this song. <3
funkotakuMay 1, 2012 12:31 AM
Nov 17, 2012 2:37 PM

Feb 2009
Most of the things were cleared, that's a relief. I liked the closure. It was a nice show. I'm glad I watched it.
Jan 2, 2013 1:59 AM
May 2010
i waited for the entire damn series for that kiss.
and there it was. glorious.

this got kind of confusing towards the end but i cleared it up for myself by reading a bit more about it
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» I found an Hidden Gem

Naveen6662246 - Apr 9

7 by 0Unknown0 »»
Apr 10, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 20 Discussion

aero - Mar 15, 2009

22 by Lolicon »»
Nov 7, 2023 8:52 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 4 Discussion

aero - Dec 27, 2008

21 by HagePotPotato »»
Apr 9, 2023 9:35 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 24 Discussion

aero - Mar 15, 2009

18 by fast2611 »»
Mar 8, 2023 8:55 AM

Poll: » Utawarerumono Episode 2 Discussion

aero - Dec 24, 2008

22 by HagePotPotato »»
Feb 22, 2023 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.