Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 30, 2018 11:45 PM

Oct 2015
Re: Season 1 adapted 58 chapters (take or add a few)
Re: Season 2 has adapted 41 chapters so far in 4 episodes, which equated to 2 entire arcs.
We have 80 chapters remaining.

This arc completely cut out
. But seeing as this is Pierrot, they might implement this plot point later on like it's nothing.

The only commendable job the studio did with this season is the aftermath of Kaneki vs Arima. Some stills were nicely drawn, but the development up to this point has been pretty poor, which reduces the impact by a lot.
Oct 31, 2018 12:28 AM
Aug 2017
SNDT said:
uninstallthegame said:

yeah, man. the dude who kidnapped her is named Torso, because he dismembers his victims and leaves just the torso of them. he gets really into this stuff. he chose her because of her wicked regeneration factor, so he could dismember her over and over again

so he got rid of her limbs and she had only torso and her head left, and was about to rape her. and then she snapped, regenerated her whole body instantly and this is what happened to Torso (Graphic content btw)

Oh, I see. But how did she manage to do this shit? She seemed pretty weak in anime up to this point.

Because the anime skipped a lot of thing. In the Auction arc, Mutsuki ate human meat and that increased her RC count. After the Rose extermination arc, she transferred to Juuzo squad for a short time and was trained by him. And another reason is that the Mutsuki we have seen is a fake persona, the real Mutsuki is a psychopath that killed her entire family, she forgot about that because of shock but Torso's torture triggered her memory and her real personality.
Oct 31, 2018 12:34 AM
Aug 2017
tambi33 said:
Strangely enough, I enjoyed it... Probably because I've not gotten round to the manga.
But damn, mutusuli got raped right, that seemed so much more of a 'ive just been raped" posture than a "I'm ashamed to have eaten him"
Can't wait for next week.

Nope. She didn't. Torso wasn't into rape. He just liked cutting off his victims' limbs and only left a torso hence his nickname. The anime cut Mutsuki's backstory. That posture means that "I just remember I am a psychopath that killed my entire family then blamed it on a ghoul".
Oct 31, 2018 12:38 AM
Aug 2017
FuMomo-kun said:
When I was reading the manga, I had hated Arima the whole time. Despite that, when he died, I felt horribly sad. Here, I didn't feel sad at all.

The timeline is too mixed, and it's confusing me. The manga was kind of confusing too, but you could understand it if you thought about it properly. The anime is just too damn confusing.

Why remove the part where Mutsuki went yangire and tried to kill Akira? That was the reason Amon had decided to save her.

I think Kaneki and Eto were supposed to have their last conversation, but I can't remember anymore.

One of the junior quinx guys yelled about releasing frame 3. Tokyo Ghoul isn't a shounen manga, and the characters' actions don't need to be named!!

Next episode, Akira is fine? I guess she doesn't need RC suppressants because they replaced the kagune attack with a quinque attack? But, isn't a quinque also made of kagune?

I love Tokyo Ghoul, and I want more people to love it. So, it makes me quite sad that this anime ruins it for the anime-only people.

The reason she needed Rc suppressant is not because she was attacked by a kagune but because of Banjou's healing ability. His ability is suited for healing ghouls but not for human so it caused some side effects to Akira.
Oct 31, 2018 1:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
One of the better episodes this Season, but still more of an average episode.

Arima Kaneki post-fight scenes were brilliantly animated but the impact of all the revelations were really lacking. When I read through this portion in the manga, it was kind of a big shock element even though a few hints were dropped here and there but sadly I can’t say the same for the adaption.
Too many events took place and they really just rushed everything to the point of absurdity. Even the odd comedy mid-episode when the Doctor’s bodyguard was explaining how the insane one had not one but two kakuja scene where he then runs away was very poorly done. Amidst all the intense rushed fighting, throwing this into the fray really didn’t work out one bit. Mitsuki’s rape scene was left out but I’m not wholly surprised by that, considering the pace at which they are attempting to adapt this show. It just felt utterly pointless.

Let’s judt hope the remaining episodes will be better but it is from here on that I lost interest in the manga, so I won’t be shocked if the next episodes to come will do worse.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 31, 2018 2:23 AM

Jun 2016
is The Washu clan are ghoul sympathizers?
Oct 31, 2018 2:37 AM

Oct 2008
okay...an emotional episode!
Arima has now fallen and spilled-out all the truth beans and wow a lot of revelations...well mostly predicted.
blame sueisha not pierrot.
3/5.

Oct 31, 2018 3:59 AM

Feb 2018
I was thinking about this adaptation a lot. I watched "Root A" with pleasure (first season more than second like most of the people) and it was nice to see continuation watching TK:re. Today I watched episode 4 of TK:re 2 and, well...

I need to say that this adaptation*... sucks. I think that in this case you just need a common sense to tell this.

I never ever readed source material but after watching yesterdays episode I'll start for sure.

This is not even half of the season and I'm already lost (and I believe I'm not the only one). There is so much missing, like, you just feel it (just like you can feel when you have dogs shit on your sole). That's not the only one case for me but there was so much said already...

I'm sure that studio will try to fills the gaps in some cases with another episodes but... maaaan... this ship is sinking way fucking faster than Titanic.

#Edit
I'm so fucking frustrated I had to edit this post like ten fucking times or more...
KurseiOct 31, 2018 4:07 AM
Oct 31, 2018 4:02 AM

Sep 2014
wow this adaption is trash

you could cut a cancer cell out and after analyzing it you would see this season is still a higher concentration of cancer

I never was overly into it but I really liked the first season, so I dont want to drop this

well atleast it serves as a new low standard for comparison

In fact this adaption is so bad it managed to ruin the entire franchise for me. not even the Star Wars sequels managed that
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 31, 2018 4:45 AM

Jul 2014
I'm sure this is still rushed to hell, but having not read the manga this episode was thoroughly enjoyable, certainly a massive improvement compared to the first couple of episodes of this second season. Not really sure why they waited two weeks to give us the aftermath of the Arima vs Kaneki fight mind you, but it is what it is.
Oct 31, 2018 5:13 AM

Dec 2017
FuMomo-kun said:
When I was reading the manga, I had hated Arima the whole time. Despite that, when he died, I felt horribly sad. Here, I didn't feel sad at all.

The timeline is too mixed, and it's confusing me. The manga was kind of confusing too, but you could understand it if you thought about it properly. The anime is just too damn confusing.

Why remove the part where Mutsuki went yangire and tried to kill Akira? That was the reason Amon had decided to save her.

I think Kaneki and Eto were supposed to have their last conversation, but I can't remember anymore.

One of the junior quinx guys yelled about releasing frame 3. Tokyo Ghoul isn't a shounen manga, and the characters' actions don't need to be named!!

Next episode, Akira is fine? I guess she doesn't need RC suppressants because they replaced the kagune attack with a quinque attack? But, isn't a quinque also made of kagune?

I love Tokyo Ghoul, and I want more people to love it. So, it makes me quite sad that this anime ruins it for the anime-only people.
I think the super fast pace makes it impossible for any emotional build-up and character development, hence the trainwreck consists only of plotless battle scenes.

What do you mean? It's Studio Pierrot we are talking about; of course it's a Shounen. Besides, the manga ended with the typical happy ending which most Shounen series have anyway.

Now that we know Akira looks just fine, they seem to be skipping Clown Siege arc as well, which means we are not getting [spoiler]Amon vs. Takizawa&Kurona and CCG vs. "Clown"[/i]
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 31, 2018 5:44 AM
Oct 2018
Well here's my gripe. They never made Arima feel or look remotely as intimidating as he should be.

Tsukiyama had an "oh shit" moment the moment the OP finished.

With Arima you're just supposed to believe he's stronger just cause.
Oct 31, 2018 5:50 AM
Oct 2018
We live in a world where a comedy like Hinamatsuri has better animation, gacha mobile game like Revue Starlight has better fight choreography, and Castlevania absolutely crushing it in general we still gotta have to balance it out with one of the shittiest adaptations of the decade.
Oct 31, 2018 6:13 AM
Oct 2017
What is this show even trying to accomplish? It seems like they’re going back and forth in time and there’s so much action that I can’t even understand what or why they’re doing it. This series has seriously gone done hill 😐
Oct 31, 2018 6:15 AM

Mar 2018
For someone who slitted his throat, Arima surely could still speak very clearly. Isn't that amazing?
The fight scenes were all over the place yet again. At this point, I just want the good old days' Tokyo Ghoul back...
I watch anime for the fan service plot since I don't really like ecchi but it just so happens that it is included in mostly the good shows I like. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 31, 2018 7:40 AM
Apr 2011
Better episode then the other 3 but its still rushed , only good thing was the Arima Kaneki post-fight but it was way better in the manga. Was hoping to see this but i guess they skipped it , or they will show it in the next episode. .

Oct 31, 2018 8:23 AM
Nov 2017
everything wrong about Tokyo ghoul re
Kagune appearance
Quinque appearance
Character artwork
Pacing
Plot
Dipiction and adaptation
Oct 31, 2018 9:51 AM
Apr 2013
Can someone already remake this anime :|
I dont want others to see it as a piece of garbo
Oct 31, 2018 10:17 AM
Aug 2016
Arima's death in the manga to me was very emotional, yet here I only felt slightly sad.
The washuu plottwist in the manga was major and felt like it changed everything, yet here it feels like nothing.

I'm really sad and angry, this amazing piece of art and writing deserves so much more than this despicable adaptation. This is max 2/10, would never give it more than that.

Edit: if anime knots are wondering, the tgre manga is like 10x better than the tg manga, so read it and enjoy it
Oct 31, 2018 1:35 PM

Jul 2015
Meh, i really didnt like RE, the 1th season was lame and this season was worse but still this episode was kind of OK. 5/5
Oct 31, 2018 3:13 PM

Apr 2015
Just meh, don't know what to say anymore other than, I HAVE TOO MANY QUESTIONS!
Oct 31, 2018 5:37 PM

Oct 2015
All action but no substance, that's one way to describe this ludicrous episode. Too bad Arima died though I kinda liked the shirigami.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 1, 2018 2:32 AM

Mar 2018
I really fkin hate this adaptation, but honestly this episode was actually pretty decent. I don't expect any more decent episodes as this is only 12 episodes and they have a lot to adapt. :(
Nov 1, 2018 1:49 PM

Jan 2016
I'm glad there was some emotional impact from Arima's death.
Nov 1, 2018 7:19 PM

Oct 2018
"I... I've... always... hated it. I hated myself, who only ever stole from others... I feel like I was finally... able to leave something behind..."

Thats the reason why he is training Kaneki~

RIP Arima, you're one of my most fav villain boss.

Nov 2, 2018 8:46 AM

Feb 2011
absolutely terrible still. harder to follow than a raging drunk driver on adderall.

Nov 2, 2018 9:25 AM

May 2018
The only good thing about this anime is the soundtrack ... wordless to describe how bad this season is.
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Nov 2, 2018 1:41 PM
Mar 2018
It's pacing up way too fast!!!! The episode spread out in so many pieces. Well at least I was able to partially connect with the episode. Feeling sad for Akira Mado!!
Nov 2, 2018 3:26 PM
Nov 2016
Why is studio Pierrot doing this to us?

Excited for next episode(if you know what I mean)
Nov 2, 2018 3:54 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This episode was like
Nov 2, 2018 4:18 PM

Dec 2010
I kind of liked Amon and Takizawa scenes because they reminded me of first season.

Felt nothing when Arima died. Never really liked his character. Mostly because he was nothing more than an empty shell with no emotion whatsoever.

So Arima is One Eyed King and he wants Kaneki to end it. They tried to portray his departure as a last wish. Last resort to save everyone from impending doom. Okay, he said that only Kaneki can do it. But two episodes ago he wanted to obliterate Kaneki. Where the fuck is logic in this... Oh wait. I got trolled again.

Everyone is a ghoul, whooohoo. Back in the days ghouls were kind of rare and outcast. Now there are 95% of ghouls and some humans but give it time. They all will be transformed into ghouls!

zunderdog24 said:
The Washu Clan aren't ghouls sympathizers...

They are ghouls themselves.

HAHAHAHA Try to say this loud with a straight face. I almost died laughing. Good grief!

Nazis aren`t racists sympathizers...
They are racist themselves.

As if it makes any diference.

PURE COMEDY GOLD XD

Illyricus said:
The scene of whathisname screaming "Papa!" while crying and thata artstyle was absolute comedy gold. Only decent thing from this episode.

That was so brilliantly awkward and retarded that I could not help myself but love it
Nov 3, 2018 4:59 AM

Sep 2017
Arima's death was pretty decent even if it was way too rushed

But the rest of the episode is a complete failure, especially the "fight" animation
Nov 3, 2018 12:34 PM
Sep 2018
DOES ANYONE EVER DIES AND STAYS DEAD IN TOKYO GHOUL?
I've enjoyed the first two seasons of Tokyo Ghoul. I don't want to give a negative feedback because I still have high hopes in the place this anime is heading. I love the intense figh scenes in the new episodes I just don't quite understand the plot. I'll just leave it with three stars hoping that Kaneki can fix everything.
Nov 5, 2018 5:59 AM

Aug 2017
I'm still questioning my life why am I still watching it. OKAY, THE ONLY GOOD PART ABOUT THIS EPISODE WAS GOD DAMN ARIMA AND KANEKI SCENE, EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKED. WE ALL KNOW NEXT EPISODE IS WHERE TOUKEN WILL HAPPEN BUT NO CHAPTER 125 SO HAHA
Oh my god I'm so fast, so fast and so fat
Nov 5, 2018 7:01 PM
Jan 2016
I don't understand about this eps, really...Washu Clan are ghouls, Arima is the One Eyed King? What? Really I don't understand at all...I don't read the manga, but what I can take from this eps is reformation, and Kaneki will be the one who'll make this change.
Nov 6, 2018 12:14 AM
Mar 2016
I wonder how drunk they were when they tried making the plot for this season. It's a circus full of confusing sequences, followed by constant switching between characters stories. Ahhhh yet I'm still watching.
Nov 10, 2018 6:52 AM

Aug 2013
At least this episode was watchable.

RIP Arima.

Nov 21, 2018 3:31 PM

Oct 2013
Sayōnara, Arima-san. ;_; Too bad he's gone, but at least this episode was still filled with action. I'm afraid I'm starting to not keep up with the plot.
AdnashNov 21, 2018 3:51 PM
Nov 23, 2018 5:11 PM

May 2014
Things are way too rushed to feel sad or sorrow for any character. Like a great character like Arima, their death doesn't mean anything. I am just gonna watch this throughout and see how it plays out. ^^ Oh well, RIP anyway Arima!
Nov 24, 2018 1:52 PM
Aug 2013
did they skip the final kaneki arima fight???
Nov 26, 2018 3:06 AM
Jul 2018
Shikorae : I'm leaving
Roma:Senpai.Don't You think fighting is very Sad?
Nishiki: I don't think so

5/5 That's quite funny
Dec 20, 2018 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
Okay I see all these posts about Arima dying but the progression and buildup to that point has been so confusing and lackluster that I truly didn't even realize he died like wow. :'0 I am so disappointed with this season so far. It's like the art style changed so drastically. I was really trying to figure out if I was watching the same anime. I don't know if I am going to continue...
Jan 15, 2019 5:59 AM

Mar 2016
That crazy ass clown dude legit just bailed out on that clown girl, lol!

Takizawa with a sudden change of personality and Mado with a rushed confession felt so fucking weird! I believe that there must've been a gradual change (in the manga) but apparently in the anime, they just outright throw it at the audience's face, making the scene between them really out of character!

Whoa! Couple of eps ago I was saying Arima might've been the actual 1 eyed king, but he actually is! His right eye is blind because of his half-human/ghoul condition, this explains why he's so damn strong. Aside from that the death of Arima is quite touching, but I know it could've been more if the anime actually showed how much and how close Kaneki has been interacting with Arima...
Jan 16, 2019 11:59 AM

Sep 2011
Last scene was good but overall a huge clusterfk. I don't even know whats going on anymore. LOL
Jun 12, 2019 4:02 AM

Mar 2015
This pains me to watch but I have to make it to the end.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 13, 2020 1:08 AM

Jul 2015
Quite the revelation here, the top people of CCG are ghouls, kind of makes sense considering ghouls roam that world for centuries and could easily have taken over the world
Well Arima's emotional story was good until that Matsuir turned it into bad comedy

Aug 29, 2020 4:02 AM

Apr 2013
Well at least it was better than the last episode, not like that was a big achievement though.
May 14, 2021 5:53 AM

Jun 2020
Still on with the action-packed episode which they really need to tone down once it ends since the plot development is a must but I don't mind these little fight scenes at all

Good to see Nishio back and still as strong as ever, really had some flashbacks from each character, I hope Akira is okay though I was expecting more Amon and Akira developments since they had some things in the past, Damn that message from Kaneki passed on to Amon and then unto Saiko that was a really passionate scene, after all, that's happened, Arima is really storming this episode with his last will passing on to Kaneki

This episode carried out by the Grim Reaper who wished death more than anyone else farewell Arima Although this didn't hit me as hard that much sad to see one of the strongest characters go.
Jul 7, 2021 4:35 PM

Jun 2020
bro this season is shit lmao
Mar 15, 2022 11:00 PM

Nov 2010
So much stabbing since last episode. Good for them that they are all ghouls or semi-ghouls that can survive such fatal wounds.

Kishou is the One Eyed King huh, what a surprise. It's no wonder he was so OP.

I don't mind Kurona's "flat chest". I think it's cute and it suits her. hehe
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Guys are we getting Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood?

SlimeLordOfRats - Mar 6

23 by shmoomp »»
Apr 21, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

96 by RapidPhantom »»
Mar 14, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

57 by ocrlh_ »»
Jan 20, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

201 by Cross___ »»
Dec 12, 2023 2:55 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul re: S2 below 6.50

TakaCode - Nov 15, 2018

37 by Tanishqnigam17 »»
Nov 14, 2023 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.