Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 16, 2018 12:23 PM

Jun 2015
Seems to me like most of the bad scores are "ew incest disgusting" lol.
Srsly people? In 2018?

Anyways, is this actually bad or just another show trampled by SJW crap?
I'm a passionate connoisseur of non-hentai incest stories and need to know.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2018 12:26 PM
Mar 2018
I don't think that it has something to do with incest. Even SJW know that incest is wincest. This show is just trash.
Oct 16, 2018 12:53 PM

Jan 2008
I'm sure it has more to do with the completely ludicrous cringe-fest premise and less to do with the incest, not that it doesn't have a factor in it but seeing as how all these little sister romance themed shows do better than this likely means it's not just that.

Though a 5.4 is surprising. I would expect a low 6 but it went beyond that.
Oct 16, 2018 12:53 PM

Apr 2016
Eh, i mean maybe the fact that it's some random game anime adaptation has something to do with it.
Oct 16, 2018 1:10 PM

Jun 2015
Swagernator said:
Eh, i mean maybe the fact that it's some random game anime adaptation has something to do with it.
It's actually an adaptation of a game of which only the sequel was localized for the West, so I'm kinda surprised it isn't getting more attention.
Oct 16, 2018 4:34 PM
Nov 2015
yea just like pupa
Oct 16, 2018 5:42 PM

Sep 2017
Jakersrampage said:
Hating a show because it features incest is a very good reason to hate a show.
Such a powerful argument! /s

A is ""bad"";
B cointains A;
therefore B is bad...

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Oct 16, 2018 6:19 PM

Mar 2012
I'm the totally opposite of an SJW.
But if you've got a younger sister and you still like incest you need to go to jail bro'.
Oct 16, 2018 6:47 PM

Sep 2017
HaarWyvern said:
But if you've got a younger sister and you still like incest you need to go to jail bro'.
lol, chill comrade.

Jakersrampage said:
TomatoSempai said:

A is ""bad"";
B cointains A;
therefore B is bad...

Yes, exactly. You're getting it
double oof!

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
Oct 16, 2018 7:20 PM

Sep 2014
Nah, it's not for the incest (if they are cousins, I can barely deal with it) but because it's awful.

It's just so silly.
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Oct 17, 2018 3:40 AM

Sep 2017
joexmdq said:
Nah, it's not for the incest (if they are cousins, I can barely deal with it) but because it's awful.

It's just so silly.
LOL, anyways, i'll have to watch the series before critizicing, wish me luck comrades!

Oct 17, 2018 3:47 AM

Mar 2018
I haven't watched the show so I don't know if it's bad or whatever. But the said incest would probably bother me. It wouldn't necessarily make the entire show bad but it wouldn't help its case.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Oct 17, 2018 4:02 AM

Feb 2018
I'm actually more likely to watch something because of incest tbh.
Oct 17, 2018 4:58 AM

Jun 2015
HaarWyvern said:
loool no I have a younger brother and I'm straight.
I'm just fascinated by the psychological processes that lead to incest and also incest shows tend to be the most fun romance shows
Oct 17, 2018 4:59 AM

Jun 2015
AwkwardDragon said:
I'm actually more likely to watch something because of incest tbh.
ayyyyyyyyy my man
Oct 17, 2018 5:24 AM

Oct 2014
I haven't play the original conception game, but the game have a high rating, and that really makes me curious to watch this, not gonna rate the anime before i watch 3 or 4 episode
Oct 17, 2018 6:45 AM
Aug 2014
StarClownBuggy said:
Incest is disgusting and it shouldn’t exist

My first thought was "this has incest? Other shows can wait"
Oct 17, 2018 6:53 AM

May 2012
Incest and sex is the only good thing about this show. Other than that it is shit.

Only watched 1 episode though
Oct 17, 2018 6:57 AM
Jan 2017
yes right,, this anime like this is suck,,
Oct 17, 2018 7:16 AM

Jul 2017
They're cousins which isn't considered incest in the law of my country and certainly isn't in Japan where there is no incest law! If fictional characters what to do something that isn't actually unlawful then *shrug*

It's bad because its a very silly premise and as usual with most game adaptations take the gameplay out and it loses an essential element.

Also to allay any fears episode 2 revealed that
Oct 17, 2018 8:58 AM

Mar 2012
ShadowMonkey said:
HaarWyvern said:
loool no I have a younger brother and I'm straight.
I'm just fascinated by the psychological processes that lead to incest and also incest shows tend to be the most fun romance shows

Maybe the same with people (as me) who feel discomfort with gay people (when they kiss etc..).
Probable for "protect us", I don't really want to love my sister in that way soooo my brain is probably affected. :')

I don't know if it's true, it's just a theory.
Oct 17, 2018 2:18 PM
Aug 2013
Make babies without sex, fuck this show.
Oct 17, 2018 3:41 PM

Sep 2017
Have you seen how bad this show is? It's not even trying to be good at ecchi.
Oct 20, 2018 7:36 AM

Sep 2009
what incest? they aren't even related (maybe cousins). He was just living with her family.
Oct 20, 2018 9:40 PM
Apr 2018
no it's bad, and I say this as someone who found the incest more funny than disgusting (although I was drunk at the time)
Oct 21, 2018 8:31 PM

Apr 2018
I enjoyed it but it is pretty awful
Oct 21, 2018 8:33 PM

Nov 2016
I think the Incest was the only salvagable part from what I watched of the Show. The Problem is not the Wincest. The Show in general is bad with low production values, Stupid Premise and all around Cringe worthy plot (Or at least the start of it)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2018 9:02 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Or maybe, just maybe ... its just fucking bad all around.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 21, 2018 9:14 PM

Jul 2009
This show is simply bad because the source material isn't even good to begin with (I've played the second game in the series). If anything, the incest and fanservice are its only saving grace.
Oct 22, 2018 6:22 AM

Dec 2015
Uh...this show doesn't have incest. He is not related to her at all, blood or otherwise. Or did I miss something?
Oct 22, 2018 3:25 PM
Discord Moderator
May 2016
I'd honestly agree and say incest just automatically makes the anime a bit trash, tbh. My boyfriend says the episodes have been completely laughable and awful so I believe it sucks even without focusing on the incest.
Oct 22, 2018 3:35 PM

Sep 2017
Yes,bro incest is pretty normal,who here never banged your own sister before?hahaha,those people complain about everything nowadays,you can't even bang your sister in peace.
Oct 25, 2018 9:39 PM
Jan 2018
Nothing to do with incest, just the fact that this show is poorly done and retarded
Oct 25, 2018 9:43 PM

Oct 2014
Although incest is human degeneracy at its finest, a show can't entirely be bad simply because of it, for the same reason that featuring rape scenes in a show doesn't make it bad.
VenomousOct 25, 2018 9:46 PM

Oct 26, 2018 2:38 AM

Apr 2018
Akerakai said:
I enjoyed it but it is pretty awful
i though i posted that on the forums of that purpule loli anime smh
Oct 31, 2018 12:57 PM

Jun 2011
Only white people hate it because it's not JoJo.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Nov 1, 2018 8:34 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah guys, seriously. As the op says, it's 2018, people! I mean, who hasn't fucked their siblings? Get with the times, ya snowflakes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2018 8:38 AM

Jun 2015
Mickdrew said:
Yeah guys, seriously. As the op says, it's 2018, people! I mean, who hasn't fucked their siblings? Get with the times, ya snowflakes
Hell yeah. Finally someone who's fuckin woke
Nov 1, 2018 8:40 AM

Sep 2013
TomatoSempai said:
Jakersrampage said:
Hating a show because it features incest is a very good reason to hate a show.

A is ""bad"";
B cointains A;
therefore B is bad...

Exactly man, these people are such idiots - Relying on "sound" deductive arguments. They completely lack any self-awareness
Nov 1, 2018 8:44 AM

Sep 2013
Skittles said:
the incest and fanservice are its only saving grace.

MAL needs more moderators like you. Good to know the people running this site have their heads on straight
Nov 1, 2018 3:50 PM

Apr 2015
All these negative comments make me really want to check the show out
Nov 1, 2018 6:51 PM

Sep 2017
Mickdrew said:
TomatoSempai said:

A is ""bad"";
B cointains A;
therefore B is bad...

Exactly man, these people are such idiots - Relying on "sound" deductive arguments. They completely lack any self-awareness
Sadly
CoolGuy_Neo said:
All these negative comments make me really want to check the show out
Me too, i haven't watched it until... dunno, I forgot to watch the series >_>

Nov 2, 2018 1:18 AM

Aug 2017
ShadowMonkey said:
Seems to me like most of the bad scores are "ew incest disgusting" lol.
Srsly people? In 2018?

Anyways, is this actually bad or just another show trampled by SJW crap?
I'm a passionate connoisseur of non-hentai incest stories and need to know.

kinda sad seeing people hating on this show, but opinion are opinion , but personally sometimes i just think people are like too childish or act too childish when it comes to anime like this people just need to grow up and be mature and also just rate anime poorly just because they hate it and acting way too childish about shows like this and other stuff, and i have play all the game for this series
but this is just my opinion/thoughts on stuff like this
Nov 2, 2018 2:24 AM

Apr 2015
Alright I checked out the 4 episodes and here is my take.
The story is quite predictable but nevertheless enjoyable, it's one of those average animes you can watch to just feel good and pass time without the need of investing yourself emotionally or mentally. (In contrast to for example : Stein's Gate and Boku dake ga Inai Machi).

They don't really even have sex and the ecchi is censored so you don't get to see a lot, hence I am a bit perplexed as to all the negative comments in that direction. There are far "worst" (or better depending on your perspective) shows when it comes to the amount of ecchi, say for example KissxSis and Yosuga no Sora. And both those shows have way higher ratings.

So in the end this does not appear to be a masterpiece but it doesn't really deserve such a low score. I in my opinion would give it a 6.3/10. I suppose that the show would be more enjoyable if you had not watched a lot of similar animes beforehand and you are not aware of the cliches.
Nov 19, 2018 3:39 PM
Nov 2018
Incest really? No, because it's bad, the pacing is bad too and that annoying teddy bear like character should not exist
Nov 20, 2018 2:59 AM

Aug 2014
Basically just blantant hate i think.

Although lower than 6 seems abit harsh
heres the reason mainly why its so low.

1. Game adaptation, literally almost every single game adaptation got less than 7.0 in MAL, almost every of them. Yes.
The Idea was because it was rushed, for example take Persona 5 in last season.
Others were mix of mediocre story/art/va.

2. The summary is offensive enough for MAL users.
- Incest
- Need to get pregnant
- Literally harem

3. Mediocrity of other aspect such as the story,characters,sound.

Enjoyment might always differ to other people.

I am not watching it just yet but curious why it below 5,
I own conception 2 game although i didnt played it yet too i am still thinking its a solid fun semi dating sim games with rpg aspects.

and the story/summary is pretty much the same.

Well theres alot thing wrong in MAL recently though, just ignore.
Watch whatever you wanted, people opinion can comes later after you actually finished the whole anime or you might as well throw "Not worth the time so i dropped it".

I personally would like to do that but instead dropping it i normally skim it like pressing fast foward, stopping at specific scene, trying to sum up what happened in that episode.

Million Arthur is another example of game adaptation this season.
It was pretty bad, and i did watched 4 episode of it.
The story,characters are very mediocre, somes even cringy, literally similiar to Smartphone isekai except this one throw settings and character then be done with it.

Then again i felt like it was advertised for fanservice to begn with, theres alot of scene in most of episodes. IDK how it'll turn out later but Game adaptation likely never cared enough other than doing their job to "advertise" their game.

If you wanted the truth try asking nihon jin (Japanese people) what do they thought about this anime.

Because Western taste and Japanese taste are abit of the opposite.
Nov 20, 2018 3:50 AM

Sep 2017
Xaelath said:

1. Game adaptation, literally almost every single game adaptation got less than 7.0 in MAL, almost every of them. Yes.

- Incest
- Need to get pregnant
- Literally harem

I own conception 2 game although i didnt played it yet too i am still thinking its a solid fun semi dating sim games with rpg aspects.

Watch whatever you wanted, people opinion can comes later after you actually finished the whole anime or you might as well throw "Not worth the time so i dropped it".

I personally would like to do that but instead dropping it i normally skim it like pressing fast foward, stopping at specific scene, trying to sum up what happened in that episode.

The story,characters are very mediocre, somes even cringy, literally similiar to Smartphone isekai except this one throw settings and character then be done with it.

Then again i felt like it was advertised for fanservice to begn with, theres alot of scene in most of episodes. IDK how it'll turn out later but Game adaptation likely never cared enough other than doing their job to "advertise" their game.

If you wanted the truth try asking nihon jin (Japanese people) what do they thought about this anime.

Yout definition of game also counts visual novels?

Nov 20, 2018 4:54 AM

Aug 2014
TomatoSempai said:
Xaelath said:

- Incest
- Need to get pregnant
- Literally harem

Yout definition of game also counts visual novels?

Nope.
I am pretty sure MAL put Source Game and VN different.

Although some of the VN have pretty mediocre score but some of them managed to shine compared "Game" adaptation/source.
Nov 20, 2018 12:53 PM

Mar 2018
@Xaelath

the issue with visual novels is that not all of them are games

but again, this issue is also present in video games but just rarely
PhantomnocomicsNov 20, 2018 9:18 PM
Nov 20, 2018 1:36 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah, it's the incest, nothing else wrong with this show. People are just blind hater :)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Conception Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2018

154 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 6, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Conception Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2018

22 by bronyneder »»
Dec 9, 2023 4:37 AM

Poll: » Conception Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

68 by Aditya_07__ »»
Mar 9, 2023 4:06 PM

Poll: » Conception Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2018

26 by OnlyKimi »»
Jan 2, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Conception Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2018

19 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Sep 12, 2022 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.