Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 17, 2018 6:33 AM

Dec 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
As an anime only who has kinda lost interest in this show ever since Root A, these episodes feel so random moving from one point to another with almost no coherency. I'm barely able to follow the story, I have no idea who some of these characters are and well whatever I guess. I loved the first season of the anime, Root A was okay but it's been downhill since then.

Why is Arima supposed to be OP anyway? I have no idea why he's supposed to be so strong. I have zero clue on how Kaneki won, just looks like plot convenience to me. What are these powerups that Kaneki has? When did he get all those forms? I remember he had some weird form in Root A but it certainly didn't look like anything from this.

I have no idea who Furuta is and what his role in everything is? I get that he's supposed to be some sort of mastermind or something but that's about all I know.

The only reason I'm watching this is for best girl Eto, so when you cut down screentime on the only thing I want to see, you're kinda destroying the only thing I've been able to salvage from this show. XD
Actually, this arc is the last bit of the manga where all of its pieces are interconnected, coherent, and tied neatly to the original manga. Every little development of the characters was explained clearly in the manga, some of which are spectacularly mind-blowing, even.

Well, look at what we get now. Yet a soulless adaptation with a despicable pacing and terrible animation, despite the 6-months break in-between the seasons.

Same here. I'm watching this mess just to see our best girl, Eto.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 17, 2018 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
Extremely disappointed with the second espisode. Even the action scenes were badly directed and animated. The show lacks any sort of appeal in general. I got tired watching the episode.

If you look at it from an anime viewer perspective with no prior knowledge with the manga, you won't understand anything straight from Re. I honestly didn't have many hopes with this season. I mean still, Re: was still understandable to a point.

But this season is just jumbling things up. Too many plotholes that you have to fill with knowledge from the manga. It's incredibly ridiculous and annoying to watch.

I never expected to say this about Tokyo Ghoul, but the first two episodes so far have been complete ass. What a complete let down to the brilliant first season we were given. I can't believe the anime has fallen so low. Dropped the anime.

P.S. forget the manga, they've dumped so much material. I was expecting a much more powerful deliver of "Kaneki,see you later." I mean, that scene was just plain bland. The season lacks emotion and character depth and development.
removed-userOct 17, 2018 7:04 AM
Oct 17, 2018 7:09 AM

May 2012
Why this episode is rated low ?!

The fight is like the best fight I have seen Tokyo Ghoul so far. It kept me at the edge of my seat
Oct 17, 2018 7:22 AM

Feb 2016
Tokyo ghoul re is absolute trash
Oct 17, 2018 7:47 AM
Jul 2015
It makes me sad, this season is a wreck. Arima was suposed to be so freaking strong and so awesome, and what do they do? They rush his death in a single episode.

Haven't read the manga, but it is so obvious that they are just racing through the source material like mad men. I've supported TG for a long time, I accepted Root A, while others thought it was trash. I honestly liked :re season 1, but this is just an insult to the franchise.
Oct 17, 2018 8:34 AM

Jul 2016
Wew... They finished all those fights in this episode.

The only thing bearable with this adaptation are the Furuta moments.

Oct 17, 2018 8:51 AM

Jul 2015
I almost cry, not because it was emotional or anything(which is not, reunion and Hide scenes was very bland) but mecause they ruined everything good about manga, this fight when I was reading it I was hyped because prior this point nobody defeted Arima and because he had one blind spot Kaneki won and but Pierrot ruined eberything...this is sad, just sad

Oct 17, 2018 10:07 AM

Nov 2013
Can someone explain to me why does Kaneki have white hair again? Did that happen in the manga? What caused it and how?
Oct 17, 2018 10:28 AM
Dec 2009
Wow, that was... bad.
I didn't know if I should even continue this after the first episode, but this was atricious.
Almost every fight animation in this whole episode was one character being completely static and unmoving while another character slowly appears on screen to do his move.

I tried getting over the fact that as an anime only watcher I'd have problems with getting the story, but the animation this time was so bad I can't stand it. That's it for me.
Oct 17, 2018 10:52 AM

Oct 2018
Like - The plot
Unlike - They just killed off the two big boss like flies. And what's up with that Furuta acting like zetsu obito.

Holding on is believing that there's only a past. Letting go is knowing that there's a future.
Oct 17, 2018 12:02 PM

Aug 2014
still as boring and confusing as the last two seasons..
Oct 17, 2018 12:16 PM
Dec 2015
It's a sad day when the freaking mobile game has better animation than the anime. I thought they couldn't get worse after season 1 but looks like studio Pierrot is pushing the limit on possible incompetence. Also any idea why Kaneki sounds so dumb? It's the same voice actor as the original but he sounded much better in that. I get why he sounded like this as Haise but it's extremely jarring hearing him like this when he's supposed to be suicidal. I don't even know why I'm watching this. People are worried about Netflix ruining anime when this garbage should be the real concern. How can you be trusted to make a good manga when your given great source material and turn it into garbage? That's some fucked up alchemy right there. And Pierrot got the Danganronpa games creator's new project so no matter how good that should be Pierrot will find a way to mess it up. Ok rant over, the future is bleak.
Oct 17, 2018 12:19 PM
Oct 2018
So uh, how the hell is this getting even a 7? That's far too generous of you all. I read the manga, loved it for the most part but this anime is pretty much confirmed to adapt 10 chapters an episode. 10 15-18 full page chapters.
Manga panels for comparison

Dec 2015
Aikouka said:
Wow, that was... bad.
I didn't know if I should even continue this after the first episode, but this was atricious.
Almost every fight animation in this whole episode was one character being completely static and unmoving while another character slowly appears on screen to do his move.

I tried getting over the fact that as an anime only watcher I'd have problems with getting the story, but the animation this time was so bad I can't stand it. That's it for me.
I know you've probably heard this a lot but read the manga, watching this is like reading a Wikipedia page with tons of spelling mistakes and spoilers. The studio owes you and everyone else who saw this garbage before reading the manga an apology

Apr 2018
what_is_a_nova said:
Can someone explain to me why does Kaneki have white hair again? Did that happen in the manga? What caused it and how?

It did. From my point of view Kaneki´s hair change everytime he is going through some near-death experience or existential crisis (name it however you want). Close to death due to injuries from Arima, he met Hide who encouraged him to continue living. And "reborn" with white hair.
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Oct 17, 2018 12:22 PM
Dec 2015
what_is_a_nova said:
First stop watching this crap and read the manga its amazing and actually makes sense. The animation quality is about the same. Second yes it happens the black switch happened over the course of 6 months unlike the anime and excessive regen caused it to go white. Seriously stop watching before your spoiled any further
Oct 17, 2018 12:23 PM
Dec 2015
Mr360AttAck said:
Tokyo ghoul re is absolute trash
There was a time when I'd fight you on this. Now is not that time
Oct 17, 2018 12:25 PM
Oct 2018
Masshiroi said:
what_is_a_nova said:

It did. From my point of view Kaneki´s hair change everytime he is going through some near-death experience or existential crisis (name it however you want). Close to death due to injuries from Arima, he met Hide who encouraged him to continue living. And "reborn" with white hair.

They essentially cut around 10 chapters worth of detail and dialogue that was supposed to make any of this make sense. While it does happen in the manga it's supposed to be a much more impacting scene. The Arima vs Kaneki fight could have lasted an entire episode sadly they just rushed it and hoped you'd make sense.

I think the explanation was essentially
Oct 17, 2018 12:31 PM
Dec 2015
thepath said:
Why this episode is rated low ?!

The fight is like the best fight I have seen Tokyo Ghoul so far. It kept me at the edge of my seat
Read the manga and you'll know. But because I want to rant, the animation was horrible, Kaneki sounded really dumb for someone who was basically committing suicide, they basically cut all emotion out of this fight, they cut like 60% of the fight out, they censored the hell out of it, the music was extremely off-putting, the Kagune (particularly Yomo's and Ayato's) were completely wrong, they crammed in into 5 minutes when this fight probably could've been an episode long by itself, a pretty bad translation, and so much else. But your right if your talking about only re, this probably is the best fight in it and that's really freaking sad. If your talking TG in general go watch the Yamori fight, that was actually really good, but ever fight in the first two seasons is better than this one.
Oct 17, 2018 12:31 PM

Apr 2018
Doots said:
Masshiroi said:

They essentially cut around 10 chapters worth of detail and dialogue that was supposed to make any of this make sense. While it does happen in the manga it's supposed to be a much more impacting scene. The Arima vs Kaneki fight could have lasted an entire episode sadly they just rushed it and hoped you'd make sense.

Yes, but in this case I think color of the hair represents some aspects of Kaneki´s personality rather then scientific explanation :)

@Doots I agree with you. The scene when Kaneki awakens reminded me of a phoenix reborn from ashes. Pure beauty. If anything good comes from anime, it at least made me to reread the manga (again).

Anyone who has not done it yet, go read the manga. Seriously.
Oct 17, 2018 12:32 PM

May 2014
The name of the episode should've been "that essay you write at 3 a.m. based on an entire book". I was kinda expecting disappointment but this is straight up disrespect.
Oct 17, 2018 12:39 PM
Oct 2018
Masshiroi said:
Doots said:

Yes, but in this case I think color of the hair represents some aspects of Kaneki´s personality rather then scientific explanation :)

@Doots I agree with you. The scene when Kaneki awakens reminded me of a phoenix reborn from ashes. Pure beauty. If anything good comes from anime, it at least made me to reread the manga (again).

It's sad cause we can't really discuss the whole symbolic meaning behind all the changes in this episode since what the anime got is essentially an edgy version of Naruto rushing through transformations. Except Naruto did the whole 9 tails thing much better with Pain, this was just straight up dumpster fire.
Oct 17, 2018 12:59 PM

Apr 2018
Doots said:
Masshiroi said:

It's sad cause we can't really discuss the whole symbolic meaning behind all the changes in this episode since what the anime got is essentially an edgy version of Naruto rushing through transformations. Except Naruto did the whole 9 tails thing much better with Pain, this was just straight up dumpster fire.

If I knew how to add pictures here, I would do it immediately. But only googling "see you later touka" gave me Black reaper Kaneki I love so much and much more emotions than this. You are right except that even worst Naruto filler had better animation then re:2.
Still will continue watching just to see how will they butcher the rest.. I still hope that maybe (just maybe) next episodes will be at least a bit better..
Oct 17, 2018 1:01 PM
Oct 2018
Masshiroi said:
Doots said:

If I knew how to add pictures here, I would do it immediately. But only googling "see you later touka" gave me Black reaper Kaneki I love so much and much more emotions than this. You are right except that even worst Naruto filler had better animation then re:2.
Still will continue watching just to see how will they butcher the rest.. I still hope that maybe (just maybe) next episodes will be at least a bit better..

> open image in new tab, copy paste the link
put the copy pasted text in between [img] image link [./img] box but without the period at the end
Oct 17, 2018 1:09 PM

Jan 2016
Ooohh this is just awful as expected kek.
Im very disappointed with such rushed anime, an important and emotional battle tossed away in the garbage :/
Oct 17, 2018 1:22 PM
Nov 2016
Is this even an adaptation at this point?
Oct 17, 2018 1:32 PM

Jan 2017
lmao I can't watch this, as someone who read the manga this is so dog shit I can't put it into words just how bad of an adaptation they made for one of the best mangas. I'm dropping this I've had enough.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 17, 2018 1:41 PM
Jan 2017
Im wondering if they just ruin this adaptation on purpose.
I mean wtf, how can ishida tolerating this trash?
Oct 17, 2018 1:45 PM

Apr 2018
Doots said:
Masshiroi said:

> open image in new tab, copy paste the link
put the copy pasted text in between [img] image link [./img] box but without the period at the end

Ugh, I tried it tree times already but I guess it´s hopeless for me now, I am tired.. maybe later I will add some manga pictures to compare with anime
Oct 17, 2018 1:48 PM

Jan 2015
The funny thing is you don't even need to read the manga to tell this was super rushed. It's like watching a 2 minute youtube video recap of a 2 hour movie.
Oct 17, 2018 1:56 PM

Aug 2015
This show in a nutshell especially the last 2 episodes so far.

Seriously Studio Clown what the hell was that all about.
Anyway am going to have fun tearing both seasons apart once it's done.
Oct 17, 2018 2:16 PM

Jun 2009
CptJackSparrow said:
Im wondering if they just ruin this adaptation on purpose.
I mean wtf, how can ishida tolerating this trash?

thats what i wanna knoiw as well would be great if we can hear a statement of him about that matter
my opinion ... honestly sudio clown you should apologize too the mangaka , the seiyuu and toio TK for also butchering the op song like that

Oct 17, 2018 3:57 PM
Jul 2013
Never read the manga, loved the EP.
It's good to know it's missing A LOT, but that creates urge to read, not to trash the adaptation...
Oct 17, 2018 8:16 PM
Aug 2017
tambi33 said:
Holy! That's the most diverse polling I've seen - all of them are in the 30's region. Woah.

I finally learnt that eccentric guy's name, Nimura; he such great character, I always thought that he's carrying a deep secret... The amount of time es he should've been killed. Such a great twist.
In other news, Arima is such a sore loser, just 'cause kaneki wasn't killing home he killed himself; sad way to see him -unless he's coming back to life or did he slice off his head.; I can't really tell (Hide. Please come back to life)

Nah. Arima is not a sore loser. You will learn the reason in the next episode and technically, Kaneki didn't beat him. Arima didn't fight Kaneki with the intention of killing or beating him, similar to the fight of Kaneki with Eto last season. Both Eto and Arima didn't fight Kaneki seriously.
Hide was never dead so how can he come back to life? Root A is not canon. In the manga, Hide was never shown as dead, just listed as missing. And you just catch the twist about Furuta now? After the last season OP painted him in a villainous way and how he killed another investigator in the Rose extermination?
Himawari9Oct 17, 2018 8:36 PM
Oct 17, 2018 8:37 PM
Aug 2017
ypres said:
Never read the manga, loved the EP.
It's good to know it's missing A LOT, but that creates urge to read, not to trash the adaptation...

Create urge to read? Nah. There are a lot of anime purists praise the anime and swear they will never read the manga.
Oct 17, 2018 8:53 PM
Aug 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
As an anime only who has kinda lost interest in this show ever since Root A, these episodes feel so random moving from one point to another with almost no coherency. I'm barely able to follow the story, I have no idea who some of these characters are and well whatever I guess. I loved the first season of the anime, Root A was okay but it's been downhill since then.

Why is Arima supposed to be OP anyway? I have no idea why he's supposed to be so strong. I have zero clue on how Kaneki won, just looks like plot convenience to me. What are these powerups that Kaneki has? When did he get all those forms? I remember he had some weird form in Root A but it certainly didn't look like anything from this.

I have no idea who Furuta is and what his role in everything is? I get that he's supposed to be some sort of mastermind or something but that's about all I know.

The only reason I'm watching this is for best girl Eto, so when you cut down screentime on the only thing I want to see, you're kinda destroying the only thing I've been able to salvage from this show. XD

Why did you mention Root A anyway since Tokyo Ghoul :Re treated Root A as if it was never existed? Furuta is the one who dropped the steel beam on Rize. It wasn't shown in Root A but was shown in the manga that should have been adapted instead of Root A.
Arima is OP because he single-handedly drove away and cornered the SSS One-eyed Owl, Eto, slaughtered hundred of ghouls including Touka's mother, effortlessly defeated Yomo and Kaneki.
Oct 17, 2018 9:48 PM

Dec 2014
Himawari9 said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Why did you mention Root A anyway since Tokyo Ghoul :Re treated Root A as if it was never existed? Furuta is the one who dropped the steel beam on Rize. It wasn't shown in Root A but was shown in the manga that should have been adapted instead of Root A.
Arima is OP because he single-handedly drove away and cornered the SSS One-eyed Owl, Eto, slaughtered hundred of ghouls including Touka's mother, effortlessly defeated Yomo and Kaneki.

I guess Root A doesn't count in terms of story but I'm just saying that it was a lot more entertaining.
I get that Arima is OP to do all that but my question is how did he or why is he so strong in the first place?
Oct 17, 2018 10:10 PM

Dec 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
Himawari9 said:

I guess Root A doesn't count in terms of story but I'm just saying that it was a lot more entertaining.
I get that Arima is OP to do all that but my question is how did he or why is he so strong in the first place?
About the reason to why Arima is so overpowered, it's supposed to be explained on the next episode if the studio considers it to be important at all.
Honestly, if we were to compare this season with root A, it would make you think that root A was a masterpiece.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 17, 2018 10:26 PM
Oct 2018
This episode was an improvement from the last episode but still my god it’s a horrible mess with insane fast pace and skipping so much content that’s generally important. This episode was ok due to the fight scene between Arima and Kaneki which was good besides let down by the appalling animation of course but yeah better than episode 1 which was absolute trash.Idobt like how the series is going at the moment and unfortunately this season looks like it will be a fitting end to a struggling,poorly adapted series that was once good.
Oct 17, 2018 11:50 PM

Apr 2009
BobDiesel said:
I know manga readers are not happy but I thought this was a good episode. Action all around and it was engaging. I liked it. It was rushed but it flowed. Cant wait for the next episode and damn I want to know whats so special about rize kagune later on.

Don't kid yourself, they are never happy lol. We knew going in this place was going to be a shit show.
Oct 17, 2018 11:58 PM
Sep 2014
Seta19 said:
BobDiesel said:
I know manga readers are not happy but I thought this was a good episode. Action all around and it was engaging. I liked it. It was rushed but it flowed. Cant wait for the next episode and damn I want to know whats so special about rize kagune later on.

Don't kid yourself, they are never happy lol. We knew going in this place was going to be a shit show.

I know right. After the first season of RE they should have known the direction this adaptation is going. Yes they botched the adaptation but some of it is still enjoyable to watch. I'll read a wiki page after I've finished the series to find out just how much content and story they missed out.
Oct 18, 2018 12:47 AM
Sep 2018
Okay guys let's underrank this crap adaptation
Oct 18, 2018 1:58 AM

May 2016
As someone who hasn't red the manga and generally disliked the first two seasons, I actually liked the first season of Re.I felt the pacing improved significantly from the first two seasons with a semblance of a proper plot, and characters that were generally likeable.

And it feels like with the first two episodes that they've thrown everything down the toilet. Once again I have no idea what is going on and it feels completely rushed; descending into a massive pile of confusing mess. Urgh just when I thought this anime franchise had a slight glimmer of hope...
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Oct 18, 2018 2:01 AM

Jan 2017
Himawari9 said:
tambi33 said:
Holy! That's the most diverse polling I've seen - all of them are in the 30's region. Woah.

I finally learnt that eccentric guy's name, Nimura; he such great character, I always thought that he's carrying a deep secret... The amount of time es he should've been killed. Such a great twist.
In other news, Arima is such a sore loser, just 'cause kaneki wasn't killing home he killed himself; sad way to see him -unless he's coming back to life or did he slice off his head.; I can't really tell (Hide. Please come back to life)

Nah. Arima is not a sore loser. You will learn the reason in the next episode and technically, Kaneki didn't beat him. Arima didn't fight Kaneki with the intention of killing or beating him, similar to the fight of Kaneki with Eto last season. Both Eto and Arima didn't fight Kaneki seriously.
Hide was never dead so how can he come back to life? Root A is not canon. In the manga, Hide was never shown as dead, just listed as missing. And you just catch the twist about Furuta now? After the last season OP painted him in a villainous way and how he killed another investigator in the Rose extermination?

Right now, I'm anime only, so I wouldn't have known Hide was listed as missing and I've never treated root A as canon... And from how those events played out it was natural to feel that Hide had died.

And with Nimura, it was a case of knowing he had an alternative agenda, but not him having Rize's kakuhou -i actually thought he was a ghoul that had infiltrated the CCG rather than being an artificial ghoul (what are they called? I dunno? I'm going back to sleep)
Oct 18, 2018 2:11 AM

May 2018
Wtf, too fast, are cutting many parts, it's very confusing ...

3/5
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Oct 18, 2018 6:22 AM
Jun 2017
NO ONE CAN BEAT ARIMA!!! Even kaneki have a hard time dealing with him.. hahahaha
Oct 18, 2018 4:08 PM

Mar 2009
I never really understood Arima and Kaneki's relationship. Arima trained Kaneki/Haise, and he was his boss I guess? Am I seriously supposed to feel bad for Arima when we barely even got to know him throughout the course of the series? He was always in the background. Would have felt more for him if we got some kind of flashback for him. Arima was barely a character. And he killed Touka's mom?! I feel nothing for this dude.

Honestly just watching this for Touka now.
Oct 19, 2018 12:55 AM

Jan 2018
At this point it seems like an executive at studio Pierrot heard that people were enjoying MHA's faster pace and gone "so you like fast pacing, i'll show you fast pacing". At least in this episode they had breaks in the dialogue and actual transition shots instead of a constant string of speech for 23 minutes like the first episode.
I could almost understand why they were butchering the story if they were just prioritizing the fight scenes (this would still mean that they don't care at all about why people like the story in the first place) but the fights are so disjointed, lazy and unengaging that its almost unwatchable.
I loved the manga so much and this just hurts to watch. Unforgivable.
whats a signature
Oct 19, 2018 10:11 AM

Jan 2015
Ok to be me honest, that was way too fast that I didn't get very hyped. The pace destroyed it all. I expected to be hyped on this.
Oct 19, 2018 3:35 PM

Feb 2017
idk if this is my own stupidness or if it's the way that s2 has been progressing so far, but i feel like things were just ,, happening ,, and i didn't understand why they were happening - or like there was no reason behind why things were happening??? like i realize the pacing is god awful but i feel things are just happening for the sake of happening and there's no depth or meaning or explanation or anything.
i haven't read the manga which is obviously why i'm so lost with re, but it's kinda depressing because i really enjoyed the original manga and now i'm bored half to death and completely clueless with regards to the re adaption ://

placeholder text
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Guys are we getting Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood?

SlimeLordOfRats - Mar 6

23 by shmoomp »»
Apr 21, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

96 by RapidPhantom »»
Mar 14, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

57 by ocrlh_ »»
Jan 20, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

201 by Cross___ »»
Dec 12, 2023 2:55 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul re: S2 below 6.50

TakaCode - Nov 15, 2018

37 by Tanishqnigam17 »»
Nov 14, 2023 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.