Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2018 10:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems we got some school drama going on.

I mean, after coming back from the intense games, it felt like the show is playing with some of these concepts. I'm actually quite interested to see more new rivalries being developed this season. In fact, I think this middle school arc has a lot of potential.

Can't wait to see how Tsubasa will be able to handle the pressure.
Oct 15, 2018 10:20 AM

Nov 2007
Changed position to mid fielder (as suggested by the note left by the coach), and has more managers. Immediately introducing new character (with the front tooth showing). So megane guy became strategist instead of player.

New OP. Sounds serious comparing to last OP, which felt optimistic.

That reporter sounds like Hatanaka-san. The voice showing that Tsubasa is more grown up in junior high. He also learns Portuguese (though showing in English).

One of the challenger schools, who were from the same team in elementary school, look stronger than before. They trained hard to stop them from winning the third year.

Asking the coach from. Then seeing them running everyday made Tsubasa wants to train more.

It seems like Tsubasa tried to make other members be more seriously.

It seems like the sunglass guy (Namikawa-san) is helping him out now with getting him to Brazil. Wakabayashi sent them message to wish them well.

With the guitar arrangement, the ED sounded weird in the beginning. Wow, Tsubasa singing in more grown-up voice! Wow, showing the three who left Japan!
tsubasaloverOct 15, 2018 11:33 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 15, 2018 12:09 PM

Dec 2011
I'm really impressed with this episode.
I don't remember that training part at he end in the manga where Tsubasa tell them their weakness.
I love the new opening with the manga art style and we get a new ending version.
Oct 16, 2018 9:48 AM

Jun 2017
After 29 episodes i can perfectly say that David Productions really loves whatever they make
They produce shows with care and attention to detail, it seems like they are true fans
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Oct 16, 2018 6:31 PM

Jul 2017
New arc, new opening and new stage in Tsubasa's life and shit is already going down.

I loved pretty much everything about this episode. I'm super hyped for the match!
Oct 16, 2018 10:29 PM

May 2010
Ugh Nitta ... I usually spent all his super shot as soon as possible before switching him out.

I like the new OP.
Oct 17, 2018 1:38 AM

Oct 2015
Because of the opening, the memories keep coming back from my childhood. I remember that Tsubasa's shoulder was injured.

Some parts of the anime are weird with the "modern details".

Tsubasa complains about how Roberto, and other people didn't stay in touch with him. Back in the 80's that was understandable. People live on the other side of the world. Of course they can barely stay in touch. But in this remake, they have smartphones, and everything. If it was realistic, they'd even share what they had for breakfast, with each other. It's weird to think about that they haven't written a single "zup?" to each other on messenger.
Also, a few episodes ago when Roberto went to the airport, I was imagining Tsubasa and his mom spamming Roberto with messages like "where u at? hey. answer. pls. dont leave us m8".
These things are, of course, not important at all, but it's so funny to think about it sometimes.

Oct 17, 2018 7:46 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
It bothered me that I couldn't tell who voices Nitta, until towards the end of the episode I thought, it's a VA who's been more popular lately...Uemura Yuto! I love his voice. Idk about the character though, lol. We'll see. I really don't like listening to Ishizaki and Urabe scream at each other, they're so obnoxious. Especially Urabe, turn your level of saltiness down, please.

I don't speak Portuguese, so I have to wonder how was Tsubasa's pronunciation. Probably bad. But it's nice seeing him working hard. Sometimes you have people with dreams but don't do much to prepare for it.
Oct 17, 2018 8:14 AM

Dec 2014
Visuals of the new OP are great but I didn't like the song as much compared to the old one.

Pretty cool episode, the middle school arc starts of strong but tends to get pretty overly dramatic from the middle onwards due to certain events that happen.

I hope they push through this arc quickly.
Oct 17, 2018 9:32 AM

Dec 2016
tingy said:
I don't speak Portuguese, so I have to wonder how was Tsubasa's pronunciation. Probably bad. But it's nice seeing him working hard. Sometimes you have people with dreams but don't do much to prepare for it.

Tsubasa's pronunciation, in my opinion, was bad and strange. But I think, for a Japanese, it wasn't that bad... And that first sentence was very strange too, its construction was weird... But I don't talk Brazilian Portuguese (but Portuguese from Portugal), maybe the sentence's contruction is different there...

I loved the opening's animation, but the song not so much. The same goes to the ending. The manga's animation in the op was simply amazing!

I really love Katagiri's voice actor, his voice is perfect for the character!

And I love all this drama! And I'm very hyped for the next ones! (Mainly one that will happen in the next few episodes, maybe?)

It was very strange, because I always knew Sugimoto as Kumi and not as the name they put in the subtitles...

But well, This episode was very good! As always, very hyped for the next one!
Oct 17, 2018 11:24 AM

Jul 2016
Oh man, the testosterone was notorious here. They were all fucking angry xD

Ugh, hearing Urabe was a total pain during the episode and probably he'll stay the same during the whole tournament. I didn't remember him being this annoying...

That aside, I liked this episode. Although I think Urabe and co. are taking this all too seriously but well, they're still kids after all.

P.S.: It was very pleasant to know that Tsubasa is no longer an striker but and offensive midfielder instead. Personally I think that positions fits him better because of his skills as a whole.
Oct 17, 2018 11:47 AM

Mar 2016
tingy said:
You know those awful English pronunciation that appear from time to time in anime? That was worse. I mean, I have to give him credit for managing to add brazilian accent to it but in terms of Portuguese it was really bad.
Oct 17, 2018 3:27 PM
Oct 2007
I love the transition of mood in this arc! I loved the opening along with it visuals. The shift of mood show as a whole from he op to the end was consistent. Smooth transition. I am very hyped for upcoming episodes!

P.S. I hate how they don't show Morisaki catching a ball in the ending. He's not as good but no need for such bad omens.
mageshinoOct 17, 2018 3:35 PM
Oct 17, 2018 3:32 PM

Nov 2016
I definitely preferred the first opening songwise.

Great build up episode, hyped for the Tsubasa x Nitta showdown.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 17, 2018 6:02 PM
Oct 2018
Awesome I love it ....pls continue to make all of manga's story
Oct 17, 2018 6:22 PM

Mar 2011
guys, sry for ruining your thread with my stupid questions (that you probably answered already time and time again):
1. Is this a retelling of Captain Tsubasa or a continuation?
2. Watched some when I was a kid, but should I watch the whole dated one or start with this new one?
Oct 17, 2018 8:09 PM

Nov 2013
Genjurooo said:
guys, sry for ruining your thread with my stupid questions (that you probably answered already time and time again):
1. Is this a retelling of Captain Tsubasa or a continuation?
2. Watched some when I was a kid, but should I watch the whole dated one or start with this new one?

1. It's a retelling.
2. I strongly suggest to start with this one, it's a much better adaptation than any previous anime it had, the pacing is way better, the animation is better, etc.
Oct 17, 2018 9:01 PM
Nov 2009
TheBloodyMonday said:
tingy said:

Tsubasa's pronunciation, in my opinion, was bad and strange. But I think, for a Japanese, it wasn't that bad... And that first sentence was very strange too, its construction was weird... But I don't talk Brazilian Portuguese (but Portuguese from Portugal), maybe the sentence's contruction is different there...

I loved the opening's animation, but the song not so much. The same goes to the ending. The manga's animation in the op was simply amazing!

And I love all this drama! And I'm very hyped for the next ones! (Mainly one that will happen in the next few episodes, maybe?)

It was very strange, because I always knew Sugimoto as Kumi and not as the name they put in the subtitles...

Yeah the pronunciation was very bad... it doesn't sound like Brazilian portuguese at all.It seems like they used google translate lol
here we don't use the word "retrete" ,but "privada","vaso sanitário" or "banheiro"!
XhideOct 17, 2018 9:25 PM
Oct 18, 2018 12:14 AM
Aug 2017
the new art and animation is so good! Loving it!
Oct 18, 2018 8:20 AM

Dec 2016
Xhide said:
TheBloodyMonday said:

Yeah the pronunciation was very bad... it doesn't sound like Brazilian portuguese at all.It seems like they used google translate lol
here we don't use the word "retrete" ,but "privada","vaso sanitário" or "banheiro"!

Here in Portugal, we just use "casa de banho", or "quarto de banho".

But as much as I remember from the original manga, Tsubasa says "retrete" too, maybe it's some kind of old expression?
Oct 19, 2018 3:35 AM

Apr 2015
I loved the new op e ed. I miss Wakabayashi...

Nice try Tsubasa but your Portuguese felt more a Brazilian trying to speak English like a American with google translate, i don't think anybody say "retrete" nowadays. But Brazilian Portuguese is a very difficult language X)
Oct 21, 2018 3:10 PM
Mar 2018
It was really refreshing to see the old faces grow up in new jerseys. A lesson learnt by Tsubasa, that if you're on top; at least look down below for once. If you're ahead, at least behind for a moment. Because there is someone always beneath you or behind you to take away your position from you. In a victory you get exposure, but in a defeat you get experience. It's all about the final whistle and the victor that matters.
Oct 28, 2018 10:11 AM

Jan 2013
The new OP is amazing

Man get Urabe tf outta here. Can't wait till Tsubasa kicks his ass
Nov 27, 2018 5:02 PM
Mar 2015
Xhide said:
TheBloodyMonday said:

Jesus, I`m Brazilian too and can`t understood what he was saying, and even you telling me he said "retrete" I never ever listened or known what is mean
Jan 16, 2019 6:08 AM

Nov 2015
nynycius said:
Jesus, I`m Brazilian too and can`t understood what he was saying, and even you telling me he said "retrete" I never ever listened or known what is mean

it's spanish D:...

💢

Jul 9, 2019 2:22 PM

Mar 2012
tsubasa's portuguese was heavily accented, but besides the weird 'retrete' it was okay for a japanese person speaking. they probably think the same of us when we first try to learn japanese and all the nar_U_to's and sak_U_ra's.
Dec 20, 2020 3:48 PM

Dec 2007
honestly this episode annoyed me a bit, some may say it's because the latest matches, but it's not that - urabe just doesn't seems like rival at all with his attitude, and tsubasa seems to keep things he learned from us but still got defeated in easy play like that.

hope this arc will be good, this episode almost made me dropping the series, but i'm half way through so i guess i will end this...
Oct 26, 2022 6:40 PM

Aug 2019
The otomo kids believe they’re all that, like sit down child. Where is Hyuga when you need him? He would have slapped them across the face for acting so ridiculously.

Misaki has vanished from the universe.

I’m liking the new opening

More topics from this board

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM

» First PV of 2nd Season and Studio Changes

Dbagas8 - Mar 22, 2023

0 by Dbagas8 »»
Mar 22, 2023 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.