Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 11, 2018 5:42 AM

May 2016
Provided it's 2-cour (or at least 16+ episodes) and J.C. Staff at least come close to Madhouse' quality in season 1, season 3 of One Punch Man has a decent chance for sure (looking at the popularity of season 1 and THAT being a 8.71..). Garou is one of the most badass characters ever and the arc has one of the best (and my favourite) action climaxes of all time (even better than Boros'). The hype levels will be insane. The arc overall is just insane, from the introduction of a certain group, the planning, the fights, the tables turning, etc, etc. And STACKED with action too. It'll be what everyone wanted from S1 and S2, and with plenty of the signature OPM humor too. Also, King.
ZaugrOct 11, 2018 5:50 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2018 6:24 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I'd be happy with HxH but I doubt it. Possibly Jojo depending on the adaptation? Was thinking Mob Psycho 100 S2 could also be a contender too since it hits a sweet spot of general quality but people are so bitter about the style.

PhantomFlareon said:
One Piece and detective conan once theyre finished

One Piece maybe, feel like the score is pretty inflated at the moment because "One Piece" and DC is way too dragged out to ever get acclaim.

xShinigami3125 said:
assyrian said:
boku no hero academia season number 4

U haven't read the manga hahahahaha trust me that season certainly won't do it.

Mmmh I was going to say the same thing but S3 rated better than S2 which I think is far more superior as a season in adaptation quality. And the amount of excitement I see towards the Intern/Yakuza arc outweigh the criticism I hear. :/

StripesOct 11, 2018 6:27 AM
Oct 11, 2018 6:38 AM
Apr 2016
I am suprised no one mentioned 20th century boys (whenever it comes out) lol
Oct 11, 2018 7:39 AM

Feb 2018
Stripes said:
I'd be happy with HxH but I doubt it. Possibly Jojo depending on the adaptation? Was thinking Mob Psycho 100 S2 could also be a contender too since it hits a sweet spot of general quality but people are so bitter about the style.

PhantomFlareon said:
One Piece and detective conan once theyre finished

One Piece maybe, feel like the score is pretty inflated at the moment because "One Piece" and DC is way too dragged out to ever get acclaim.

xShinigami3125 said:

U haven't read the manga hahahahaha trust me that season certainly won't do it.

Mmmh I was going to say the same thing but S3 rated better than S2 which I think is far more superior as a season in adaptation quality. And the amount of excitement I see towards the Intern/Yakuza arc outweigh the criticism I hear. :/

True unless the quality drops drastically the ratings for sequels are usually better than the ratings for the prequels. Simply because everyone that doesn't like the series has already dropped it.
Oct 11, 2018 7:50 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
xShinigami3125 said:
Stripes said:

True unless the quality drops drastically the ratings for sequels are usually better than the ratings for the prequels. Simply because everyone that doesn't like the series has already dropped it.

In all honesty it should be better since they won't have to split the team this time to make a shoddy movie on top of the anime. And that is even more of an accurate point, it's why Gintama has such high ratings. We'll see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 11, 2018 7:50 AM

Jul 2017
Rafizans said:
JoJo Part 7: Steel Ball Run looks to be a promising contender for the no.1 spot.
hah yes definitely a good contender
....exept fans will rate it 10/10 with just 1 episodes, as what happened with part 5, but """haters""" or whatever will rate it 1/10 BECAUSE of that, crippling it way more than if it didn't happen, so I think it may be hard depending on how much hate it gets in the first week.
xShinigami3125 said:
Zehennagel said:
whouuuuuuw that's a far cry. fullmetal alchemist brotherhood? nhaa that's too hard to top.
I mean, in scores and all.

I guess a good, a very good berserk adaptation could make it. maybe.
but really it's gonna be filled with sequels, so much that the top100 will be worthless soon.
not that's it's worth much rn tbh...
boku no hero whatever the last season is. it obviously will have a happy ending and the fans will be happy, so scores will rise. also people who dislike the series will have probably all dropped by then.
....buuuuut with hate and people scoring 1/10 for no reason and all that's probably not gonna happen.

Season 5/6 might have a chance to get a score above 9 depending on how the manga continues.
Also your passionate hate for the series is almost impressive Imhotep sitting through so many episodes you don't like ll be worth it.
you don't need to watch it to mark it as completed and 1/10. and there will alwais be """haters""" making it hard to ever really top full metal.
I think a series to be top 1 needs to have next to no """"haters"""" so I doubt MHA can make it.
Oct 11, 2018 8:17 AM

Feb 2018
Zehennagel said:
Rafizans said:
JoJo Part 7: Steel Ball Run looks to be a promising contender for the no.1 spot.
hah yes definitely a good contender
....exept fans will rate it 10/10 with just 1 episodes, as what happened with part 5, but """haters""" or whatever will rate it 1/10 BECAUSE of that, crippling it way more than if it didn't happen, so I think it may be hard depending on how much hate it gets in the first week.
xShinigami3125 said:

Season 5/6 might have a chance to get a score above 9 depending on how the manga continues.
Also your passionate hate for the series is almost impressive Imhotep sitting through so many episodes you don't like ll be worth it.
you don't need to watch it to mark it as completed and 1/10. and there will alwais be """haters""" making it hard to ever really top full metal.
I think a series to be top 1 needs to have next to no """"haters"""" so I doubt MHA can make it.

True most people can agree that FmaB is at least decent and I have rarely ever seen anime give it a rating below 6.
Oct 11, 2018 8:18 AM

Dec 2016
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run

either this or berserk when it one day gets a good adaptation
Oct 11, 2018 10:57 AM
Oct 2018
None, no future anime will hold a candel to fma:b. Not even part 7 or any iterations of bnha. The most you'll expect is a sudden surge but that only lasts for about a month.
Oct 11, 2018 11:13 AM

Jan 2008
"Which anime has the most dedicated fanbase willing to go downrate every other top show?" should be the title.
Oct 11, 2018 11:50 AM

Mar 2016
Paul said:
"Which anime has the most dedicated fanbase willing to go downrate every other top show?" should be the title.

Now that's making good use of this website.
Nov 23, 2020 10:44 AM

Sep 2017
Lmao who would've thought it would be a border line ecchi anime
خ
Nov 23, 2020 6:46 PM

Jan 2020
-Steel Ball Run

-Attack on Titan season 4

-Gintama: The Final

these are probably the most realistic choices.

Steel ball run is the second highest rated manga with a 9.22 average and if the anime adaptation is good I can see it being that high as well.

I don't think I need to explain Attack on Titan

Gintama is known for having multiple series in the top 20 highest rated anime. Season 1 has 8.97, Season 2 has 9.08, Season 3 has 9.04,Season 4 has 9.11, Season 5 has 8.97, etc.

Even the bonus OVA's and movies have an insane rating too so the chances of the new Gintama movie having a high mean score is really high. Especially considering it's the finale.

Nov 23, 2020 7:56 PM

Aug 2018
maybe ishuzoku reviewers season 2. like ... yes
still having great time with my stuff
Nov 24, 2020 3:45 AM

May 2016
steel ball run or a hxh sequel, maybe a proper berserk adaptation
Nov 24, 2020 6:44 AM

Feb 2016
It will be To the Moon.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37905/To_the_Moon
その目だれの目?
Nov 24, 2020 6:48 AM

Jan 2020
It'd probably be the first piece in the manga list, Berserk.
I think that a nailed Berserk adaptation has the power to dethrone FMA:B, Also some other contenders are AOT S4, HxH S2 or something like that, And maybe the other well known manga getting turned to adaptations (Punpun, 20th century boys, Vagabong, etc)
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Nov 24, 2020 7:08 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014

holy fuck that is pretty damn amazing not gonna lie..
FMA B has been number 1 for so long
not sure if anyone will take that spot but if anything maybe AOT
Nov 24, 2020 7:14 AM

Aug 2018
Attack on titan has potential, but it depends on how mappa adapts the final season
Nov 24, 2020 7:37 AM

Nov 2017
SoldierDream said:
Probably a potential future sequel of FMA:B.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood 2: Big Trouble in Little China
Stay gold!
魔法よ魔法よ生まれておいで!
Sasuga Kasuga! Osaka fan club on MAL. Join us if you like Osaka-san!
Nov 24, 2020 7:58 AM

Jul 2020
wildhood said:
One Punch Man Season 2, most likely.

Ahhahahaahhahaha I like how this aged
Nov 24, 2020 9:53 AM
Jul 2020
Fmab will continuously be #1 unless a balanced, well-crafted show can top it.
Nov 24, 2020 9:55 AM

Feb 2016
Shiroyaki said:
We joke about it, but FMAB will truly remain at the top forever, in twenty years there will be people who will wonder if it is worth watching that old anime released in the early 2000s, as happens now with LoGH.

That won't happen, because LOGH isn't anywhere near the most popular anime of its era. I don't see anyone asking if Akira or Cowboy Bebop are still worth watching, and FMA is even more popular than they are.
その目だれの目?
Nov 24, 2020 10:02 AM
Apr 2013
I'm surprised this topic even exists... Even though I hate the show, it will pretty sure be One Piece, because it already is darn high, and when it finishes, everyone who watched less than like... at that point probably 400 episodes, will be cut out of the rating. So, yes, everyone who hates it doesn't count, and the 10/10 fanboys all do. Aside from that, the stupid SnK fanboys will make a run on #1 with season 4, which will have another fun round of down- and upvoting, but will ultimately end up on prolly #5.
Nov 24, 2020 10:05 AM

Oct 2013
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run

Only if it will be adapted properly. It's not my favorite Part, but many people see it as the best JoJo Part, however if it's gonna be adapted in similar style like Part 3 was, then it might have mean score around 8.50-8.60/10.00 at mos, in my opinion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» When did anime become mainstream? Or do you think it's still not mainstream???

LenRea - 8 hours ago

17 by Pixel_Vapour »»
6 minutes ago

» Your favorite furry anime character?

Ex-Aid - 12 minutes ago

2 by alshu »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime with better sequels than the original

ST63LTH - 2 hours ago

4 by Otakupervert890 »»
12 minutes ago

» Characters born on the same day/month as you ?

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

31 by ColourWheel »»
19 minutes ago

» Does our opinions of characters reflect how we treat other people?

Zamus_Edits - 6 hours ago

7 by alshu »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.